Why "Fast and Furious" will become another Republican Debacle

Well, he's ACCOMPLISHED nothing, but it looks as if F & F was nothing more than an op to sway public opinion about more gun control legislation. Isn't that what CBS has found out? I think the link has been posted, I don't know, maybe 15 times by now?

Well pardon me if I think killing Osama Bin Laden, saving the Auto Industry, passing the ACA, saving a boat load of jobs, reversing the downward trend in employment and making sure the financial industry didn't go bust are accomplishments.

Just as you guys think 9/11, Katrina, Iraq, and the Financial Meltdown were accomplishments.

Mission accomplished!

Jeez Sallow, you gonna paint me with that brush AGAIN? I don't know how many times I have to repeat myself before you get it through your canine cranium, I DIDN'T SUPPORT SHRUB THEN AND I NEVER VOTED FOR HIM!

Think you can remember that?

And while you're at it, try to remember that it was Seal Team 6 that killed Osama, GM still owes the taxpayers about $30B, the ACA is an un-Constitutional overreach, those 'saved jobs' are a figment of your imagination, the UE rate only went down because the labor participation rate is the lowest it's EVER been and giving billions to the bankers who CAUSED the mess is not really an accomplishment.

Ummm wasn't it Bush that saved GM?? Didn't he enact TARP, wasn't Obama too busy on the campaign trail to go back to Washington to talk about it. Oh he did show up to vote, but didn't want to talk about it.

Yea, another one of those things someone else did that Obama takes and gets credit for.

This is the deal.

He's done nothing.

So you are engaging in a fantasy.

Well, he's ACCOMPLISHED nothing, but it looks as if F & F was nothing more than an op to sway public opinion about more gun control legislation. Isn't that what CBS has found out? I think the link has been posted, I don't know, maybe 15 times by now?

Well pardon me if I think killing Osama Bin Laden, saving the Auto Industry, passing the ACA, saving a boat load of jobs, reversing the downward trend in employment and making sure the financial industry didn't go bust are accomplishments.

Just as you guys think 9/11, Katrina, Iraq, and the Financial Meltdown were accomplishments.

Mission accomplished!

The majority of Americans thought killing Osama was great. His approval rating went up by a large margin.
He did not save the auto industry. They went bankrupt, after all that taxpayer money was pumped into it. The majority of Americans said they need to go bankrupt and tax dollars did not need to be given to them.
Katrina and the Financial Meltdown were Dem's fault.

The Republican Party has become the party of "Ah Ha". They think they have a new scheme. A new way to attack the president. To avoid responsibility. The problem with this current debacle is they struck "too soon".

If this had happened, say two weeks before the election, it might have had a chance to actually cause damage to the first African American Attorney General and the first African American President, but with this much time, people will learn the truth. And truth has proven to be the deadly enemy to this current Republican Party.

So forget the fact that Bush used Executive Privilege 6 times while Obama has used it this once. And what did Bush use it for? Things like protecting whoever outed a covert CIA agent, something people other than Republicans think of as "treason".

Forget the fact this program was "officially started" in 2006.

Forget the fact the agent killed wasn't killed with one of these guns.

Forget the fact Holder ordered this program stopped when he found out about it.

Just this simple one thing, when pointed out to thinking Americans, will prove this to be the scheme it is.

When an operation, such as this is put into effect, it takes years of planning. It's no accident is was started in 2006. You know something like this was going on for years. Because it takes years to train people. To make contacts. To put the operation in place. To acquire materials and knowledge. To gather intel. This entire operation began in an area of the country hostile to Obama with people who are Republicans to the core.

Holder didn't enter office with this huge operation already planned out and put in place on day one. It's ludicrous.

Look at the operation that took out Bin Laden after Republicans let him go and stopped looking for him. And it was a very small operation involving a limited number of people. And how long did they plan before the operation went into effect? How much training was involved? How much intel was acquired?

When the size and scope of "Operation Fast and Furious" is revealed and when it started and when Eric Holder took office, it will become apparent this is another attack on Obama by way of Holder. Now for these right wingers, it doesn't matter. They just don't care about truth. I believe my all time favorite post here was when some right winger said Iraq was Obama's fault. That we never should have invaded. This is the same kind of thing.
Oh sure! Let's forget that FACT that YOU are totally full of shit and lies.

No.1
It did not start in 2006. That was a different program under Bush. (Wide Receiver) That operation had these distinct differences from what Obubba and his anti-gun thugs attempted.

A
The guns walked under Bush were marked and tracked with tracking devices.

B
The Mexican government had knowledge of and approved of what was happening.

C
The people who walked the guns under Bush were tracked.

HOWEVER, in Fast and Furious...NONE OF THE ABOVE EXISTED. The whole scheme was to permit the illegally sold guns into Mexico, have them "discovered" at drug cartel crime scenes and traced back to the illegal (but condoned) sale , then presented as part of the bogus argument that WE NEED MORE GUN CONTROL.

Obubba's problem is that two of the guns were discovered at a crime scene some 18 miles inside US borders wherein an ATF agent was killed with one of them. Some 10 days later an ATF AGENT BLEW THE WHISTLE ON THE WHOLE CREW OF CRIMINAL ASSHOLES that instigated the project and killed a friend of his.

The motives for the two operations (Bush's and Obubba's) were different. Bush was trying to locate and capture drug lords and drug cartel operations. Obubba was trying to gain sympathy for more gun control laws in America.

Bush let the Mexican government in on the deal. Obubba did not.

Bush tracked the guns. Obubba did not.

Obubba and his right hand asshole Eric Holder have FUCKED UP!

...and YOU are a goddamned liar!

There is absolutely no getting through to these people. I, along with many others, have rebutted the lame attempt to shift blame to Bush--pointing out the many differences between the two operations.

Holder retracts claim Bush team knew about Fast and Furious | WashingtonExaminer.com

Holder lied again on June 12 when he made these very arguments, that Bush's AG knew about Fast and Furious--he has made yet another retraction.

Holder lied from the beginning about when he learned about Fast and Furious.

Facts don't count when your dealing with the minions of the Big 0, contempt of congress. lying under oath, spinning, casting blame on the previous administration, just another day at the office.

You almost gotta laugh at the wild boast by the former community activist about "transparency" in government. The president can't even produce his own birth certificate. What do we do about the federal police force that has been out of control for decades? Shrug our shoulders and "blame Bush"? This time a Border Patrol officer has been killed by weapons supplied by the ATF and authorized by the A.G. and perhaps the president. The A.G. might be the highest ranking law enforcement officer in the Country but he is not above the law. He must comply with a congressional subpoena or face charges. The Obama administration is so tangled up in a web of deceit that they can't even comply with a simple subpoena. Maybe Barry Hussein is relying on the fawning liberal majority in the media to cover his ass yet again. Who knows?

This is the deal.

He's done nothing.

So you are engaging in a fantasy.

Mission accomplished!

Yes, utilizing information obtained through the enhanced interrogation program that Obama demonized and slandered to make the 'courageous' decision--it must have been hard for the man that said bin Laden should be given a trail to decide to instead shoot him in the head--to kill bin Laden. Then leak the name of the Navy Seals team responsible and politicize it as Obama's crowning achievement.

Obama saved the auto workers unions, and those bailouts have still not been repaid. GM is hemorrhaging money on a failed hybrid car that costs $40,000 and has been a complete laughable failure.

ACA is going to be repealed, and today's SCOTUS decision is obviously a prelude to that. To say unions can't arbitration raise dues, but the federal government enact a individual mandate is absurd. It is going to be repealed.

Saved or created right? Well using that same moronic logic, proving a negative, retaining and extending the Bush Tax Cuts saved or created millions of jobs.

And unemployment? :badgrin:

Again, you are a pathetic, delusional, classless child.

FOUR MORE MONTHS, FOUR MORE MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Republican Party has become the party of "Ah Ha". They think they have a new scheme. A new way to attack the president. To avoid responsibility. The problem with this current debacle is they struck "too soon".

If this had happened, say two weeks before the election, it might have had a chance to actually cause damage to the first African American Attorney General and the first African American President, but with this much time, people will learn the truth. And truth has proven to be the deadly enemy to this current Republican Party.

So forget the fact that Bush used Executive Privilege 6 times while Obama has used it this once. And what did Bush use it for? Things like protecting whoever outed a covert CIA agent, something people other than Republicans think of as "treason".

Just this simple one thing, when pointed out to thinking Americans, will prove this to be the scheme it is.

When an operation, such as this is put into effect, it takes years of planning. It's no accident is was started in 2006. You know something like this was going on for years. Because it takes years to train people. To make contacts. To put the operation in place. To acquire materials and knowledge. To gather intel. This entire operation began in an area of the country hostile to Obama with people who are Republicans to the core.

Holder didn't enter office with this huge operation already planned out and put in place on day one. It's ludicrous.

Look at the operation that took out Bin Laden after Republicans let him go and stopped looking for him. And it was a very small operation involving a limited number of people. And how long did they plan before the operation went into effect? How much training was involved? How much intel was acquired?

When the size and scope of "Operation Fast and Furious" is revealed and when it started and when Eric Holder took office, it will become apparent this is another attack on Obama by way of Holder. Now for these right wingers, it doesn't matter. They just don't care about truth. I believe my all time favorite post here was when some right winger said Iraq was Obama's fault. That we never should have invaded. This is the same kind of thing.
Oh sure! Let's forget that FACT that YOU are totally full of shit and lies.

No.1
It did not start in 2006. That was a different program under Bush. (Wide Receiver) That operation had these distinct differences from what Obubba and his anti-gun thugs attempted.

A
The guns walked under Bush were marked and tracked with tracking devices.

B
The Mexican government had knowledge of and approved of what was happening.

C
The people who walked the guns under Bush were tracked.

HOWEVER, in Fast and Furious...NONE OF THE ABOVE EXISTED. The whole scheme was to permit the illegally sold guns into Mexico, have them "discovered" at drug cartel crime scenes and traced back to the illegal (but condoned) sale , then presented as part of the bogus argument that WE NEED MORE GUN CONTROL.

Obubba's problem is that two of the guns were discovered at a crime scene some 18 miles inside US borders wherein an ATF agent was killed with one of them. Some 10 days later an ATF AGENT BLEW THE WHISTLE ON THE WHOLE CREW OF CRIMINAL ASSHOLES that instigated the project and killed a friend of his.

The motives for the two operations (Bush's and Obubba's) were different. Bush was trying to locate and capture drug lords and drug cartel operations. Obubba was trying to gain sympathy for more gun control laws in America.

Bush let the Mexican government in on the deal. Obubba did not.

Bush tracked the guns. Obubba did not.

Obubba and his right hand asshole Eric Holder have FUCKED UP!

...and YOU are a goddamned liar!

You know rdean, if you actually watched the hearings you would know the truth.
Go to c-span.org and watch them from last year and the most recent ones.
You will find out that it is not lies.

Last edited:
Do you read what other people write? Of course Obama has done nothing. His desires are unpopular and he is a terrible leader. Again...why put up links when you will dispute them as RW sources that cannot be believed? The truth is a matter of record and his use of executive privilige has me more convinced than ever that people at high levels in the Obama administration (and probably Obama) authorized F&F to sway public opinion towards gun control.

Limbaugh spin

how do you know? you listen to him I take it.
I listen to him because it's important to know which way his corporate overlords want the unwashed to think. That and he was quoted on NPR this morning spinning Fast and Furious last September as an Obama plot to subvert the 2nd amendment.

Limbaugh spin

I listen to him because it's important to know which way his corporate overlords want the unwashed to think. That and he was quoted on NPR this morning spinning Fast and Furious last September as an Obama plot to subvert the 2nd amendment.

so what was the reason for Fast and Furious?
Maybe you can tell all those "unwashed" about it

Last edited:
Guess the left has no problem with a dead Border Patrol Agent and who cares about all those dead Mexicans. Hell. The're Mexicans after all.

If a Rep AG and DOJ had done this the left would be screaming bloody murder. Hell. They's be hanging bush in effigy.

Holder and his DOJ are responsible but they are Dems so what the hey. And they are black.

One would think that any honest person would like to know that someone is held responsible for the death of a Border Patrol Agent.

Guess it ain't that important to the left.

Black = special treatment, they are above the law. You know reparations and all.

Ah, the Race Card Card. Never gets old.

Read the OP, beloved Obamabot RDean is doing everything he can to somehow make this issue about race.

Fast and Furious had the same amitions and goals as Operation Wide Receiver. And as there was no fuss and feathers raised about Wide Receiver, we can assume that this bother is 9% oversite and 91% politics.

Limbaugh spin

Regardless of the contempt one might feel for the person saying there was a plot to subvert the 2nd Amendment, there seems a strong argument for just that:

Why the 'gun running?' April 16, 2009:

April 17, 2009:

FactCheck.org: Counting Mexico's Guns

...An Elusive Number

Given the lack of hard data from Mexico, we can't calculate a precise figure for what portion of crime guns have been traced to the U.S. Based on the best evidence we can find so far, we conclude that the 90 percent claim made by the president and others in his administration lacks a basis in solid fact. But we also conclude that the number is at least double what Fox News has reported, based on its reporters' mistaken interpretation of ATF testimony.

Whether the number is 90 percent, or 36 percent, or something else, there's no dispute that thousands of guns are being illegalIy transported into Mexico by way of the United States each year.

Fast and Furious fallout puts Holder on collision course with Congress - TheHill.com

Skipping the article and going for the 'timeline' that existed over a year go:

2009 — Operation Fast and Furious is launched under the supervision of the ATF's Group VII, based out of Phoenix.

March 12, 2010 — Group VII Supervisor David Roth sends an email to the group acknowledging a “schism” in the attitudes of the agents. ATF agents in the group would later testify they were conflicted over the tactics being used. “Whether you care or not people of rank and authority at HQ are paying close attention to this case,” wrote Roth.

July 2010 — Michael Walther, the director of the National Drug Intelligence Center (NDIC), wrote three memos to Holder in which he mentions Operation Fast and Furious. In one memo, Walther advises Holder that NDIC and a Phoenix drug enforcement task force would assist the ATF with an investigation of a suspected gun trafficker, Manuel Celis-Acosta, being run under Operation Fast and Furious.

“This investigation, initiated in September 2009 in conjunction with the Drug Enforcement Administration, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, and the Phoenix police department, involves a Phoenix-based firearms trafficking ring Manuel Celis-Acosta,” the memo states. “Celis-Acosta and [redacted] straw purchasers are responsible for the purchase of 1,500 firearms that were then supplied to Mexican drug trafficking cartels.”

Nov. 2010 — Assistant Attorney General Lanny Breuer sent a weekly memo to Holder notifying him of a sealed indictment against alleged gun traffickers in Arizona by the DOJ’s organized crime and gang section. Breuer wrote that the indictment would remain sealed “until another investigation, Phoenix-based ‘Operation Fast and Furious,’ is ready for takedown.”

Nov. – Dec. 2010 — Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) is contacted by whistleblowers within ATF about the tactics used in Operation Fast and Furious.

Dec. 15, 2010 — Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry is killed in a firefight in Arizona. Two of the guns found at the scene were sold to suspected straw buyers under the operation.

Jan. 2011 — Grassley meets with Holder and DOJ officials to discuss the whistleblower allegations.

Feb. 2011 — DOJ sends a letter to Grassley denying that the ATF would knowingly sell assault weapons to straw purchasers and that the agency makes every effort to prevent weapons from going to Mexico.

March 2011 — Holder asks the DOJ’s Inspector General to investigate Operation Fast and Furious.

March 8, 2011 — Eleven people are federally indicted for alleged weapons trafficking crimes in connection with Fast and Furious.

March 16, 2011 — Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) sends his first letter to ATF’s acting-director Kenneth Melson requesting documents pertaining to the origin of Fast and Furious and who authorized it.

March 31, 2011 — Issa issues first subpoena on Fast and Furious to DOJ for documents he requested in March.

May 3, 2011 — Holder testifies before the House Judiciary Committee saying, “I’m not sure of the exact date, but I probably heard about Fast and Furious for the first time over the last few weeks.”

June 15, 2011 — Issa holds his first hearing on Fast and Furious where former and current ATF agents testified about the controversial tactics employed under the operation and their efforts to stop them. Assistant Attorney General Ronald Weich, who operates as a legislative liaison to Congress, also testifies that the DOJ was doing everything in its power to assist Issa with his investigation. Republicans have said the DOJ is “stonewalling” their efforts to get information about the operation.

June 29, 2011 — Obama says he will not comment on Fast and Furious further until the IG investigation is complete. “My attorney general has made clear that he certainly would not have ordered gun running to be able to pass through into Mexico,” said Obama. “I'm not going to comment on a current investigation. I've made very clear my views that that would not be an appropriate step by the ATF, and we've got to find out how that happened.”

July 4, 2011 — Melson testifies in a closed setting before Issa and Grassley’s investigators. Melson acknowledges that Fast and Furious was under the jurisdiction of the Arizona U.S. Attorney’s office.

August 30, 2011 — Holder transfers Melson out of his position as acting director and Arizona U.S. Attorney Dennis Burke resigns.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess the left has no problem with a dead Border Patrol Agent and who cares about all those dead Mexicans. Hell. The're Mexicans after all.

If a Rep AG and DOJ had done this the left would be screaming bloody murder. Hell. They's be hanging bush in effigy.

Holder and his DOJ are responsible but they are Dems so what the hey.

One would think that any honest person would like to know that someone is held responsible for the death of a Border Patrol Agent.

Some 4000 Americans and over 100K Iraqis died in the illegal invasion of Iraq.

Not one of you folks gave 2 shits about that.

Except to hate on Arabs.
And you folks would have gladly consigned any number of Iraqis to death at the hands of the Saddam regime as long as Bush was thwarted.

It's funny when you pretend to hold the moral high ground.

Fast and Furious had the same amitions and goals as Operation Wide Receiver. And as there was no fuss and feathers raised about Wide Receiver, we can assume that this bother is 9% oversite and 91% politics.

really? Maybe this has something to do with politics, I mean oversite

SNIP:
By June 2010, suspects had purchased 1,608 firearms at a cost of over US$1 million at Phoenix-area gun shops. At that time, the ATF was also aware of 179 of those weapons being found at crime scenes in Mexico, and 130 in the United States.[8] As guns traced to Fast and Furious began turning up at violent crime scenes in Mexico, ATF agents stationed there also voiced opposition.[3]

On the evening of December 14, 2010, U.S. Border Patrol agent Brian Terry and others were patrolling Peck Canyon, Santa Cruz County, Arizona, 11 miles from the Mexican border. The group came across five suspected illegal immigrants. When they fired non-lethal beanbag guns, the suspects responded with their own weapons, leading to a firefight. Agent Terry was shot and killed; four of the suspects were arrested and two AK-pattern rifles were found nearby. The rifles were traced to Fast and Furious within hours of the shooting, but the bullet that killed Terry was too badly damaged to be linked to either gun.[3]

ATF gunwalking scandal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That does more to prove this isn't about the election than anything the Republicans could argue, when did you start defending them?

We should invent a time machine and go back and unkill Terry and then kill him again in September?

I don't recall Bush ever saying you shouldn't be able to hide behind it like Obama did.

Done. That was actually easy, the program that started on 2006 officially ended in 2007.

I thought you didn't believe in magic.

Tell me something, if he wasn't killed by one of these guns what happened to the gun that killed him? The only weapons recovered were the Fast and Furious guns, and they caught everyone that was involved in the firefight, did the gun get taken up into heaven?

That is a lie, Holder knew about Fast and Furious before it was ended, and had no problem with it until the Republicans found out about it.

ATF Fast and Furious: New documents show Attorney General Eric Holder was briefed in July 2010 - CBS News Investigates - CBS News

How would you know how any thinking person would react?

Personally, I think the problem is they didn't plan it, which is why they ended the program in 2007 when they found out that their plans didn't work.

I agree, that is ludicrous. It is also ludicrous to say this program did not start under Holder because it was reinstated without the part that went wrong in 2007. The problem is the part they left out is the part that could have prevented anyone getting killed.

Damn, that is stupid. What makes you think it took less planning to send two helicopters into Pakistan after getting a DNA sample from bin Laden to confirm where he was than it took to tell a few legal gun dealers to ignore the law?

It already is apparent that it is an attack on Obama. Unfortunately, it is an attack that is going to work, he proved that yesterday when he joined the coverup.

ATF didn't tell Bush OR Holder about this. It's like the GSA conference which went from $90k to 700k under Boooosh: INCREDIBLY INCOMPETENT, CORRUPT Pub government- out of control. And one hell of a huge BS Propaganda machine, a disgrace. Worst party and voters in the modern world...

The ATF along the border should be investigated- THIS is PURE PUBCRAPPE. Change the channel, Foxbot dupes (also any other part of the PPM-it's all the same GD thing, more or less)....

Mission accomplished!

The majority of Americans thought killing Osama was great. His approval rating went up by a large margin.
He did not save the auto industry. They went bankrupt, after all that taxpayer money was pumped into it. The majority of Americans said they need to go bankrupt and tax dollars did not need to be given to them.
Katrina and the Financial Meltdown were Dem's fault.

Well, point by point..

He didn't get a huge bump by this. Some people, like New Yorkers..were thrilled. Others..like many conservatives..were pissed. It was a wash mostly.

Second..yeah he did. The type of bankruptcy that GM went through wouldn't have been possible had they no time to do it. They would have been raided..probably by Bain. But I will give Bush some credit here. He did start the process.

Katrina? Dems fault? Clinton appointed James Witt as the head of FEMA..a professional. Bush appointed Michael Brown..a nitwit. Additionally..it was work done by the Army Core of Engineers, a Federal Agency, that ultimately had a hand in overwhelming the dykes. In any case..the state blame game..works for about a day. It took more then a week for the Bush administration to get it's ass in gear. By then..close to 2 thousand Americans were dead.

And the defunding of federal agencies and populating them with people told to look the other way, led to financial meltdown. Bush had ample time to catch this..the writing was on the wall. Enron should have given him the hint that easy regulators were going to lead to something bigger. Heck..it wasn't even Bush regulators that caught that..it was Eliot Spitzer. In any case..there were many more bumps on that road..to complete ruin. And at each one..Bush did nothing. The Democrats were completely blameless.

Last edited:

Holder and his DOJ are responsible but they are Dems so what the hey.

Some 4000 Americans and over 100K Iraqis died in the illegal invasion of Iraq.

Not one of you folks gave 2 shits about that.

Except to hate on Arabs.
And you folks would have gladly consigned any number of Iraqis to death at the hands of the Saddam regime as long as Bush was thwarted.

Basically that little number got initiated when Saddam was helped in power by the CIA.

And coddled, first by Reagan (who gave them weapons and egged on a war with Iran)..then by Bush I until Saddam invaded Kuwait..after asking Bush I for permission.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back