Why empty hand martial arts are inferior to firearms training...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
And here we have some very good points on the topic...

The Martial Arts Instead Of A Gun? | Extrano's Alley, more than a gun blog

For starters, any of the martial arts require a great deal of practice, usually at least a one hour session a week forever. Most budding first level black belts give it up in a few weeks because of scheduling problems, leaving the poorer, but no wiser.

A gun also takes some learning, but for the most part the basics can be learned in a half hour, and polymer guns have cut the cleaning chore to something within the skill set of almost everyone.

Next, martial arts universally require the practitioner to engage with an assailant. That puts the defender at a disadvantage when the assailant does something unexpected – or holds out a knife and let’s the defender slash themselves.

Guns will work at contact distance, but they work just as well at a few feet between assailant and defender. If you can point, you can hit a target across a room, so intensive, long term practice is not necessary.

Third, for the most part, defenders lack the upper body strength to s deal with many attackers, particularly thos just out of prison workout rooms. While screaming and a furious attack may discourage a 250 pounds of muscle in Air Jordans, the usual result is being pinned, and helpless.

A gun pretty much does what they were advertised as doing, make the fraillest defender the equal of the strongest man to ever come out of a cell block.

So the advantage for self defense purposes is all with the light, compact, and devastatingly effective gun. Particularly a gun in the hands of someone with minimal training who is scared out of their wits by a sudden assault.

I will gladly wager on the proposition that the loaded 10 mm in my nightstand will best any faggy karate prick any day of the week.

I will gladly wager on the proposition that the loaded 10 mm in my nightstand will best any faggy karate prick any day of the week.
Yeah right. Your ass would be kicked before you even woke up to go into your nightstand. You think someone is going to let you rummage around for a gun?

the op is right, however biased

but dumb as fuck to the reality of the real world.

not every encounter has a weapon involved, crap, most don't.

So if you have no idea how to hands up chin down, you are going to get a beating. and if you do have a gun, if it's not out, you are going to get a beating trying to get it out.

And the idiotic assumption that fights start at contact distance?

fucking retarded, utterly fucking ignorant of reality.

If you don't know martial arts, of some kind, you won't be able to clear yourself from contact to pull it.

and the 21' rule of knife v gun is no bullshit.

Thats dumb. I could fuck someone up long before they would be able to pull their weapon. Then i would take it from them and shoot them in the ass.
From 20 feet away you ain't doing nothing but begging Jefferson.
Why would I be 20 feet away fucking you up instead of right in your grill fucking you up Opi?
Who says you could get up to 20 feet? The way I wear my holster I just turn my left side towards the target a pull. Hits body mass Every time. I practice that very shot.

Thats dumb. I could fuck someone up long before they would be able to pull their weapon. Then i would take it from them and shoot them in the ass.
Why would I be 20 feet away fucking you up instead of right in your grill fucking you up Opi?
Who says you could get up to 20 feet? The way I wear my holster I just turn my left side towards the target a pull. Hits body mass Every time. I practice that very shot.
Are you claiming no one gets withing a 20ft radius of you? I didnt know you were that frightened to walk around alone. :laugh:

Absurd.
How so? What are you going to pull a gun on me for walking by you?
Who says I have to pull it Jefferson? They DO make shoot thru holsters.
I said you do. You cant walk around with your hands up your ass all day Opi.

Are you claiming no one gets withing a 20ft radius of you? I didnt know you were that frightened to walk around alone. :laugh:
Most gun fights with hand guns take place at 20 foot or less.

Not me silly boy. Nor could you work your "magic" on anyone I shoot with.

you do need to practice though

trying to pull off something you saw once on tv will get you ass raped.
I run a 38 snub mounted crosswise on my belt barrel left in a AMS shoot thru holster. If your left shoulder is aimed at the target, you hit the target.
Damn. You must be afraid of your own shadow. Hopefully someone punches you in the throat so your left shoulder causes you to shoot yourself in the ass. :laugh:

Most gun fights with hand guns take place at 20 foot or less.
Thats not what I asked you pussy. Do you keep people away from your 20ft perimeter? Thats pretty much the only way you would be safe.

Forum List

Back