Why empty hand martial arts are inferior to firearms training...

Okay....which empty hand martial art allows a woman to fight and defeat two young male criminals, one of them has a baseball bat...

Lancaster Woman Scares Off Bat-Wielding Attackers By Pulling Gun On Them

LANCASTER, Ohio - It happened along a walking path in Lancaster.

Dinah Burns is licensed to carry a concealed gun, but she'd only recently started taking her weapon while walking her dog.

Based on what happened, it looks like she'll make a point of carrying from now on.

"I think if they'd gotten any closer, I probably would have fired,” said Burns.

It was Monday when Burns was on a footpath near Sanderson Elementary School.

"Two gentlemen came out of the woods, one holding a baseball bat, and said 'You're coming with us'."

The men weren't deterred by Dinah's dog Gracie.

"I said, 'Well, what do you want?,' and as I was saying that I reached in to my pocket and slipped my gun out, slipped the safety off as I pulled it out. As I was doing that the other gentleman came toward me and raised the baseball bat. And, I pointed the gun at them and said, 'I have this and I'm not afraid to use it.'"

The men took off and so far have eluded police. Dinah posted about the incident on Facebook to alert friends and neighbors, to criticism by some.

"Most of the males' opinion was, 'Why didn't you shoot them?'"

Easy to second-guess a decision made under pressure, based on her concealed carry training, and police agree.

"To get out of a situation, back out, get out of it as much as you can without having to discharge your firearm."

"I will say it's a good thing to go from a place of danger to a place of safety, however you get that done,” said Sgt. Matt Chambers, Lancaster Police.

"Very thankful that it turned out the way it did, and hope it doesn't happen again, but I will be prepared."

Okay....which unarmed martial art allows to senior citizens to defeat 4 criminals with guns....?

NRA-ILA | Elderly couple fights off real monsters on Halloween, Helena-Arkansas.com, Helena, Ark. 11/01/15

An elderly couple were at home Halloween night, when the doorbell rang. Prepared to hand out candy to trick-or-treaters, the wife opened the door to find four armed robbers, at least two of whom were armed with guns.

The robbers forced their way inside the home, where the husband was sitting in a recliner. Upon learning of the home invasion, the husband retrieved a gun and fired at the criminals, prompting the home invaders to flee. (Helena-Arkansas.com, Helena, Ark. 11/01/15)

Thats dumb. I could fuck someone up long before they would be able to pull their weapon. Then i would take it from them and shoot them in the ass.

Not me silly boy. Nor could you work your "magic" on anyone I shoot with.
Of course I could. i think it would be amusing watching you guys warily eyeing me and trying to decide if you should shoot or not. :lol:

Don't bother. You're not fast enough, nor trained enough. I'm a knife fighter as well (and have the scars to prove it) and I have an eight foot bubble that no one enters without permission. Period. if I have to move away form people to maintain it I do. It's a habit now.

You must be a lot of fun at the movies.

Oh, I am a fair hand at following the "willing suspension of disbelief" when at the movies.

I suppose that makes it more enjoyable.

Sooo...do you ever ride in elevators?

There seems to be a fair amount of defensiveness (get it?) swirling about here.

Untrue. Your body language gives you away. You can tell when people have bad intent.
Depends. If youre untrained then yes but if you are trained no one can tell.

Not true. there are always tells that project intent. You shift your weight on the balls of your feet, lower your center of gravity etc. The clues are ALWAYS there. I am off to dinner now so will continue later.
Its easy to get people off guard. Very paranoid people like Darkfury are really easy. I would just divert his attention if I saw him on the street. His fear would give him away as someone I had to be quick and careful with.

You have no idea what you're talking about. There's a huge difference between walking around scared, and walking around aware. Huge difference.
No one is that aware without being frightened of their own shadow.
Not true. I thought you had training. It does not sound like it.

Not me silly boy. Nor could you work your "magic" on anyone I shoot with.
Of course I could. i think it would be amusing watching you guys warily eyeing me and trying to decide if you should shoot or not. :lol:

Don't bother. You're not fast enough, nor trained enough. I'm a knife fighter as well (and have the scars to prove it) and I have an eight foot bubble that no one enters without permission. Period. if I have to move away form people to maintain it I do. It's a habit now.

Oh, I am a fair hand at following the "willing suspension of disbelief" when at the movies.

Rarely to be honest. And when i do I'm at the back behind everyone. Like I said, I was working in so many third world shitholes that it is a habit.

Rarely to be honest. And when i do I'm at the back behind everyone. Like I said, I was working in so many third world shitholes that it is a habit.

Do you ever stand in line at the bank or the grocery store?

Stop trying dude. You will fail.

Will a gun end it faster and farther? Yes.

What happens if you don't have your weapon? Rape
that's why I always

ALWAYS

recommend carrying a knife or 2.

pistols are hard to conceal and hard as fuck to get out if they are. knives can look like belt buckles, they are easy to hide and easy to get to. And if you stab someone there's a 100% chance they don't want to get stabbed again.
You have to open that knife as you approach me. All I have to do is pull a trigger. And in a gun fight the guy with the knife loses.
you're a fucking idiot.

that line proves it beyond all reasonable doubt.

I said 'knife', not 'pocket knife'

moron

the op is right, however biased

but dumb as fuck to the reality of the real world.

not every encounter has a weapon involved, crap, most don't.

So if you have no idea how to hands up chin down, you are going to get a beating. and if you do have a gun, if it's not out, you are going to get a beating trying to get it out.

And the idiotic assumption that fights start at contact distance?

fucking retarded, utterly fucking ignorant of reality.

If you don't know martial arts, of some kind, you won't be able to clear yourself from contact to pull it.

and the 21' rule of knife v gun is no bullshit.

Wrong...read actual encounters of people with no martial arts training.....and in an actual physical struggle with an attacker...

the miracle of a gun.....you don't have to physically dominate your opponent...you just have to put the circular opening in the direction of some part of the attackers body and put 5-6 lbs. of pressure of your index finger on the trigger......and just that can kill......or severely wound......even if they are pounding on you.....

Read the actual encounters....

Saw a video of a trained police officer get cut the fuck up.

guy that cut him is still out there.

video of a man with gun in hand get knocked the fuck out, disarmed and beaten

your ignorance will get you killed if you think all you need is a gun and you are the winner.

So if you have no idea how to hands up chin down, you are going to get a beating. and if you do have a gun, if it's not out, you are going to get a beating trying to get it out.

If you don't know martial arts, of some kind, you won't be able to clear yourself from contact to pull it.

The 21' rule presupposes an attacker wants to charge you as you are drawing a gun on them...and they aren't 21 footing it the other direction.....
moronic retort is more ron ick

Legitimate questions given your bubble boy claim, don't you think?

Wrong...read actual encounters of people with no martial arts training.....and in an actual physical struggle with an attacker...

the miracle of a gun.....you don't have to physically dominate your opponent...you just have to put the circular opening in the direction of some part of the attackers body and put 5-6 lbs. of pressure of your index finger on the trigger......and just that can kill......or severely wound......even if they are pounding on you.....

Read the actual encounters....

Saw a video of a trained police officer get cut the fuck up.

guy that cut him is still out there.

video of a man with gun in hand get knocked the fuck out, disarmed and beaten

your ignorance will get you killed if you think all you need is a gun and you are the winner.

Moron....never said it was all you need....but the gun is the best way to deal with violent physical attack...especially if you are a woman, smaller, outnumbered, less aggressive and less trained in any form of physical combat.....

No, they're not. Try reading the statement for comprehension. 8 feet is the zone. People are allowed in AFTER I have had a chance to check them out.

No, they're not. Try reading the statement for comprehension. 8 feet is the zone. People are allowed in AFTER I have had a chance to check them out.

:lol: you really aren't coming across the way you'd hoped :lol:

"To get out of a situation, back out, get out of it as much as you can without having to discharge your firearm."

"I will say it's a good thing to go from a place of danger to a place of safety, however you get that done,” said Sgt. Matt Chambers, Lancaster Police.

Too bad this guy wasn't there with the Nat Guard at Kent State.

How exactly was I trying to come across? I was merely stating that asclepias' tough guy BS was just that. BS.

How exactly was I trying to come across? I was merely stating that asclepias' tough guy BS was just that. BS.

Oh I don't read that clown's posts. Maybe it reads differently in that context.

Forum List

Back