Why Don't the Left Unplug from the Grid and Save Mother Gia?

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Paris (AFP) – A long list of seemingly harmless everyday actions contribute to emissions of carbon dioxide (CO2) and other climate-altering greenhouse gases.

Driving a car and flipping a light switch have a clear “carbon footprint” — much less obvious is the harm caused by sending a simple text message or opening a bottle of water.

Sending even a short email is estimated to add about four grammes (0.14 ounces) of CO2 equivalent (gCO2e) to the atmosphere.

To put this into perspective, the carbon output of hitting “send” on 65 mails is on par with driving an average-sized car a kilometre (0.6 of a mile).

The culprits are greenhouse gases produced in running the computer, server and routers but also those emitted when the equipment was manufactured.

It gets worse when you send an email with a large attachment, which puts about 50 gCO2e into the air. Five such messages are like burning about 120 grammes (0.27 pounds) of coal.

What's the carbon footprint of an email?

For the same reason that Al Gore saw nothing wrong with him having a mansion in Nashville that uses more energy, and creates a bigger “carbon footprint” in a month than the average American homes does in a year; while preaching to us “little people” about how we needed to cut back. Those on the left wrong see themselves as the elite, who are justified in claiming far more than their fair share of resources while demanding that the rest of us consume less than our fair share.
I’ll believe global warming is a crisis when the people who tell me it’s a crisis start to act like it’s a crisis themselves.

Yea we always wondered why they don't run around half naked, live in huts and hunt buffalo ..

For the same reason that Al Gore saw nothing wrong with him having a mansion in Nashville that uses more energy, and creates a bigger “carbon footprint” in a month than the average American homes does in a year; while preaching to us “little people” about how we needed to cut back. Those on the left wrong see themselves as the elite, who are justified in claiming far more than their fair share of resources while demanding that the rest of us consume less than our fair share.
I’ll believe global warming is a crisis when the people who tell me it’s a crisis start to act like it’s a crisis themselves.

I think you make a good point there. But I also believe that a lot of people are trying to make a smaller foot print.

I think you make a good point there. But I also believe that a lot of people are trying to make a smaller foot print.
I don't think the people trying are the ones that matter. Some guy living in a 700 sq ft apartment buying a Smart car vs a Hollywood millionaire with 15 high performance cars and a 15 seat private jet.

I don't think the people trying are the ones that matter. Some guy living in a 700 sq ft apartment buying a Smart car vs a Hollywood millionaire with 15 high performance cars and a 15 seat private jet.

I see no harm in trying to take better care of this planet, and I'm not waiting on politicians to start riding bicycles to work in order to believe that. :)

I see no harm in trying to take better care of this planet, and I'm not waiting on politicians to start riding bicycles to work in order to believe that. :)
I have no problem with anyone's personal lifestyles. It's the ones living in 12,000 sq ft mansions telling me I need to pay and change my lifestyle by force that I have issue with.

I have no problem with anyone's personal lifestyles. It's the ones living in 12,000 sq ft mansions telling me I need to pay and change my lifestyle by force that I have issue with.

Has that happened?

Has that happened?
Really? You pawning me?

Has that happened?
Really? You pawning me?

I'm asking you a question.

Has that happened?
Really? You pawning me?

Let's start with the guy slumming in the White House then start working our way down to the Nobel Peace Prize winner Al.

Has that happened?
Really? You pawning me?

Let's start with the guy slumming in the White House then start working our way down to the Nobel Peace Prize winner Al.
Let us start with fucking idiots like you. We all use energy to live. It is how that energy is generated that matters. And we are changing that as we are posting. And assholes like you are fighting that change tooth and nail. Even though the change will decrease the cost of energy. You see, wind, solar, and grid scale storage all add up to cheaper energy. Both wind and solar are cheaper today for delivered kw than dirty coal. And grid scale storage makes both 24/7.

Now, if instead of spending your time posting lies and nonsense, you would actually do research on this subject, you would really look less the idiot.

here's how the Gore family become RICH

And when it was pointed out to Gore how his 10, 000 sqft mansion wasn't set up to fight in globull warming. he ran out and had some solar panels put on the house.

that's why I don't take any of these two faced hypocrite clowns serious on this. OBama flying around polluting the world to spread his fearmonging on globull warming. I mean seriously. pfffeeeesh

If the conservatives want to live in caves and worship mother Gaia, they should just do so. Nobody is stopping them. If the conservatives here want to advocate that strategy, they need to set a good example and publicly adopt that lifestyle.

However, those conservatives need to be aware that they won't be allowed to force anyone else to adopt their tree-hugging lifestyles. Nor will anyone else adopt the deoderant-free lifestyle that those hippie conservatives already embrace. Most people like electricity, and like bathing.

Paris (AFP) – A long list of seemingly harmless everyday actions contribute to emissions of carbon dioxide (CO2) and other climate-altering greenhouse gases.
?

are you this stupid in real life?
Quoting a news agency is stupid?
Quoting it to show how stupid you Gorebal Warming sheep are is my only crime.

Fellow, it is not a crime to be really stupid. And, Weatherman, you daily prove your abysmal stupidity. As the clean ways of generating the power we need to have the lifestyle that is so wonderful, people like you are going to long for the days when you could create asthma in countless children with dirty coal, and create a lessor world for our descendants by creating a rapidly warming climate by generating GHGs. To bad, the rest of us will be enjoying a brighter day while you dinosaurs are weeping over the fact that the rest of world has left them behind, and just doesn't give a damn about you or your opinions.

Forum List

Back