The truth about CO2 and climate change

Now JC, you flap-yap without ever showing your sources of information. There are many, many sources for information concerning the water shortages in the US.

All Around The US, Risks Of A Water Crisis Are Much Bigger Than People Realize

• MAY 22, 2013, 3:58 PM
With about half of the country still suffering from extreme drought, farmers and businesses in the Western United States are looking at another hot, dry summer.

And the country's water risk is a lot worse than most assessments suggest, according to a recent study from the Columbia University Water Center.

Taking into account past patterns of drought and water use, the Columbia study reveals that several major metro areas, including New York City, Washington, D.C., and Los Angeles, are at high risk for water scarcity, along with the Great Plains agricultural belt extending from North and South Dakota down to North Texas.

waterscarcitymap.5.13.jpg

Read more: America s Water Problem Is Way Worse Than Everybody Thinks - Business Insider

Now why don't you post how that is not a problem?
what is it you need from me as a source? The fact is most of the mumbo jumbo you pop up on the message board is just that, mumbo jumbo. I've told you that over and over. Now what is it you need to see from me? Why Lake Mead is low on water? Dude, it simple, go back to the number of people who used the lake when it was created and look today. I don't need a link, you need to use your stupid head and realize that adding thousands upon thousands of people migrated to the area to use that water therefore, the lake will most likely loose water. Doh, isn't that what is happening? It has very little to do with some drought. Again, I don't need a link to do the math.

It has everything to do with the drought AND the number of people using it. The reduction in the water level at lakes and reservoirs in the west is caused by both, but the drought has made it far worse than it ever could be by the number of people using it alone. And it will get a lot worse before it gets better, if ever.

should each of us be able to decide what kind of light bulbs to use and how much water comes out of our shower head?

murder and stealing are moral issues, light bulbs and shower heads are control issues.

Last time I was at Lowes, there were at least 100 different or more types of light bulbs. Seems to me there are plenty from which to choose.

So you don't mind legislating morality as long as it doesn't involve taking away your "right" to waste profuse amounts of energy on inefficient product. Got it.
to avoid being killed by toxic mercury, yeah!!!!

Did you support the EPA when it decreased the allowable level of mercury in our waters? Do you support the EPA - at all?

You lefties need to understand the difference between man made pollution and man made climtate change. pollution is real and should be drastically reduced, climate change is a hoax.

if you fools would concentrate on the real problem, we might make some progress.

Much of the CO2 emissions come from exhaust and stack emissions that also contain those pollutants you are so concerned about. The real problem is people like you who fight tooth and nail against any solutions like a child who refuses to eat his peas. Grow up.
is fighting any new solutions? show that to us. You all have magic and bad inventions that don't work. Not sure what that has to do with someone interfering with progress. Name something that has been interfered with.

should each of us be able to decide what kind of light bulbs to use and how much water comes out of our shower head?

murder and stealing are moral issues, light bulbs and shower heads are control issues.

Last time I was at Lowes, there were at least 100 different or more types of light bulbs. Seems to me there are plenty from which to choose.

So you don't mind legislating morality as long as it doesn't involve taking away your "right" to waste profuse amounts of energy on inefficient product. Got it.

Did you support the EPA when it decreased the allowable level of mercury in our waters? Do you support the EPA - at all?

You lefties need to understand the difference between man made pollution and man made climtate change. pollution is real and should be drastically reduced, climate change is a hoax.

if you fools would concentrate on the real problem, we might make some progress.

Much of the CO2 emissions come from exhaust and stack emissions that also contain those pollutants you are so concerned about. The real problem is people like you who fight tooth and nail against any solutions like a child who refuses to eat his peas. Grow up.

first of all CO2 is not a pollutant. it is the natural bi product of animal life, plants need it to survive. it is not destroying the world.

The crap polluting china, india, and most of the third world is not CO2.

again, until you guys get over the obsession with CO2, nothing constructive can be done about real pollution.

and, for the record, pollution does not cause climate change. There is absolutely no proof for that left wing fantasy.

is fighting any new solutions? show that to us. You all have magic and bad inventions that don't work. Not sure what that has to do with someone interfering with progress. Name something that has been interfered with.

If I had magic, I could turn people like you into a cute little turtle and our problems would be solved. :)

Now JC, you flap-yap without ever showing your sources of information. There are many, many sources for information concerning the water shortages in the US.

With about half of the country still suffering from extreme drought, farmers and businesses in the Western United States are looking at another hot, dry summer.

And the country's water risk is a lot worse than most assessments suggest, according to a recent study from the Columbia University Water Center.

Taking into account past patterns of drought and water use, the Columbia study reveals that several major metro areas, including New York City, Washington, D.C., and Los Angeles, are at high risk for water scarcity, along with the Great Plains agricultural belt extending from North and South Dakota down to North Texas.

Read more: America s Water Problem Is Way Worse Than Everybody Thinks - Business Insider

what is it you need from me as a source? The fact is most of the mumbo jumbo you pop up on the message board is just that, mumbo jumbo. I've told you that over and over. Now what is it you need to see from me? Why Lake Mead is low on water? Dude, it simple, go back to the number of people who used the lake when it was created and look today. I don't need a link, you need to use your stupid head and realize that adding thousands upon thousands of people migrated to the area to use that water therefore, the lake will most likely loose water. Doh, isn't that what is happening? It has very little to do with some drought. Again, I don't need a link to do the math.

It has everything to do with the drought AND the number of people using it. The reduction in the water level at lakes and reservoirs in the west is caused by both, but the drought has made it far worse than it ever could be by the number of people using it alone. And it will get a lot worse before it gets better, if ever.
that is total nonsense. The fact is the people put grass and golf courses and many other things that use up that water. Does drought affect the water table? Yeah, probably, but it is not the major reason for the low water table. People upon people!!!!!!!!

drought come and go, overpopulation is here to stay. people do not cause droughts, but people do cause more people.

If I had magic, I could turn people like you into a cute little turtle and our problems would be solved. :)
I knew common sense was lost on you!!! That' why you need people like me gone right? Typical left wing nutjob!!!!!Booo, did I scare you?

first of all CO2 is not a pollutant. it is the natural bi product of animal life, plants need it to survive. it is not destroying the world.

again, until you guys get over the obsession with CO2, nothing constructive can be done about real pollution.

and, for the record, pollution does not cause climate change. There is absolutely no proof for that left wing fantasy.

Yes, it actually is a pollutant. It is also toxic at moderately high concentrations. The solution for CO2 and the other pollutants to which you refer is the same - reduce emissions.

You do know that CO2 is not a pollutant right? Please tell me you know this. You can't be that stupid, or can you. Vote is out!!!!

that is total nonsense. The fact is the people put grass and golf courses and many other things that use up that water. Does drought affect the water table? Yeah, probably, but it is not the major reason for the low water table. People upon people!!!!!!!!

Dude, I'm a former hydrogeologist by vocation, so trust me when I say that you don't know what you are talking about. The combination of heavy usage and multiyear drough conditions are the ONLY reasons why these reservoirs in the west are drying up.

Yes, it actually is a pollutant. It is also toxic at moderately high concentrations. The solution for CO2 and the other pollutants to which you refer is the same - reduce emissions.
facepalm, that's all I have for this post, facepalm dude..................................Oh well, stupid is holding on.

Dude, I'm a former hydrogeologist by vocation, so trust me when I say that you don't know what you are talking about. The combination of heavy usage and multiyear drough conditions are the ONLY reasons why these reservoirs in the west are drying up.
N O P E

facepalm, that's all I have for this post, facepalm dude..................................Oh well, stupid is holding on.
Well, you are living proof of that, Just Crazy.

Well, you are living proof of that, Just Crazy.
so you're not going to answer with what sources you need from me? So you come on here and make a statement about me and links and then you don't have the nut sack to give me an example of what you need? You're useless dude, useless. ahahhhhhhhhhhhh

Wrong... Try again..

There is a big difference between CO2 and Soot... CO2 is not pollution where soot is. The US power generation plants have cleaned up over 95% of the soot and trace mercury that was placed up stacks during burn. NG has reduced the overall soot by another 3% from homes. The US as a whole has one of the lowest soot and trace lead/mercury/other harmful items in the world. Smog and Ozone are also the lowest in the world.

The alarmists need to pull their heads out of their asses and realize killing our way of life and our economy only serves the communists who wish to rule us.. FUCK THAT!

Do they have regular meetings? The Communists. Secret hand shakes? Groupies? Magic Decoder Rings?

how did the actions of humans cause the dust bowl of the 1930s?

The dust bowl was caused by local farmers using plows that were unsuited to the soil type. Those plows dug too deeply into the soil, which was then blown away by winds under drought conditions. The result was that the productive soil layer was blown away.

The dust bowl was caused by local farmers using plows that were unsuited to the soil type. Those plows dug too deeply into the soil, which was then blown away by winds under drought conditions. The result was that the productive soil layer was blown away.

'
Bwahahahahaha. you are totally full of shit. There was a long period of low rainfall. It had nothing to do with fucking plows. Damn, you are one stupid dude.

Forum List

Back