Why Does The Right Not Want Confederate Statues Removed?

The topic is PURGING historical monuments, statues and symbols. Washington and Lee University is ONE of them. I'm not confused. Are you??? What are the leftist busybodies gonna do about Wash and Lee College?
W&L was at one time segregated, but it is not and even has affirmative action. Now go along and play with your tinker toys. The adults were discussing Lee's statute in Charlottesville

You're the one with the tunnel vision trying to prevent the adults from showing the BIGGER picture of what's going here. There are organized dedicated Groups funded and organized by Gawd knows who, maybe even Terry McCauliffe --- that are carrying this Jihad from City to City --- EXPECTING to excite confrontation ..
Personally, I think Soros is behind most of it. He is the one with deep pockets and hires thuglings to go to such events to cause trouble.

Welll in Virginia -- you also an ex DNC Chair as governor
That's right! You can thank Donald Trump for that!

Big name donors fuel McAuliffe's bid for Virginia governor

Donald Trump is just one of many big name donors funding Terry McAuliffe's campaign to win the Virginia governor's mansion this fall, according to newly released financial disclosure reports - and he isn't even among the most generous givers.

So what? He's still a DNC/Hillary bagman. You don't think he'd provoke a race war to aid "the Resistance"???

There is only one reason those racists are defending the Democratic racists.

Because those Democrats are their political and philosophical ancestors. They literally fly under the same flag.

And you know it. None of you have the honor or integrity to admit it.

At this point, I think it is clear enough that you are the last one to be in any position to lecture anyone else about honor or integrity.

Would you compromise by having a plaque on each confederate statue reminding the reader that this person was a traitor who abandoned his oath in the name of defending slavery?

I wouldnt be opposed to a plaque giving that sort of historical context at all, though It was up to the Union government at the time to label those generals as traitors. They were fighting for the wrong cause but they were fighting in uniform for their own confederate government. If anything I think the statues make a good reminder of how we were once divided. I'm not pro Confederate at all by the way, I've lived in California my entire life, I would just like to be fair about this, is all. I do also know that the ACLU will defend an artists right to put up paintings or sculptures mocking God or Christ even though it may offend millions of Christians and they protest it. That may be a double standard there.
Those racist Democrats were fighting for slavery. And after those loser Democrats got their asses kicked by America, they started the KKK. This very important knowledge is regularly passed onto us by the pseudocons of this forum ad infinitum!

So why is the Right standing up for a statue of one of those bad racist Democrat Christian terrorists? It makes no sense!

maybe because they know the left is not going to stop at a statue of Robert E Lee. It's only a matter of time before they go after the US flag as well. Thats why we call them progressives. Well, not so sure R E LEE was a member of the KKK. as far as I know he was just a general.
I'm a lifelong conservative Republican who served 20 years on active duty. It would be a very foolish person indeed who attempted to harm the US flag around me.

So please explain. Why are the out of state right wingers defending the racist Democrats?

Anyone? Bueller?...Bueller?...Bueller?

You twist the argument. I'm not defending Robert E Lee.
I did not say you were.

I have quite plainly said the out of state right wingers are. Why are you conflating yourself with them? Is there something you aren't telling us?

Because those Democrats are their political and philosophical ancestors. They literally fly under the same flag.

At this point, I think it is clear enough that you are the last one to be in any position to lecture anyone else about honor or integrity.
I am most certainly in a position to call out liars, hypocrites, and the easily confused.

I am most certainly in a position to snap the pseudocons' own statements right back into their idiot faces.

You can't handle the truth.

W&L was at one time segregated, but it is not and even has affirmative action. Now go along and play with your tinker toys. The adults were discussing Lee's statute in Charlottesville

You're the one with the tunnel vision trying to prevent the adults from showing the BIGGER picture of what's going here. There are organized dedicated Groups funded and organized by Gawd knows who, maybe even Terry McCauliffe --- that are carrying this Jihad from City to City --- EXPECTING to excite confrontation ..
Personally, I think Soros is behind most of it. He is the one with deep pockets and hires thuglings to go to such events to cause trouble.

Welll in Virginia -- you also an ex DNC Chair as governor
That's right! You can thank Donald Trump for that!

Big name donors fuel McAuliffe's bid for Virginia governor

Donald Trump is just one of many big name donors funding Terry McAuliffe's campaign to win the Virginia governor's mansion this fall, according to newly released financial disclosure reports - and he isn't even among the most generous givers.

So what? He's still a DNC/Hillary bagman. You don't think he'd provoke a race war to aid "the Resistance"???
You think that's why Trump donated to him?

Interesting!

Speaking of race war, you ever hear the expression RaHoWa?

I've never heard the theory that moving a statue of Lee was done to provoke a race war.

Tell us more!

I am most certainly in a position to call out liars, hypocrites, and the easily confused.

I am most certainly in a position to snap the pseudocons' own statements right back into their idiot faces.

1295180.png

You're entitled to your opinion but you're wrong if you're applying that to my position. As I explained, this has nothing to do with the history or whether you admire it. It's about instilling resilience and respecting the opinions of those you disagree with.

You see... I'd rather have those statues there... so when my kid asks me, "Who was Nathan Bedford Forrest?" I can explain it to him. If the statue has been removed he won't ask, he'll never know. If he sees a Confederate flag flying somewhere, he can ask me "What does that flag represent?" and I can explain it to him. Without that flag, he never asks, he never learns. Then he has to rely on YOU telling him a bunch of revisionist lies. I would rather my child be open to all viewpoints and develop resilience because that develops solid character and emotional stability. You simply want to brainwash children into believing your bullshit and you don't really give a shit what others think about that.

View attachment 143544
So you are down to nothing now.

Awesome. That was easy!

It's amazing to see the mental twists and turns a tard will do to avoid facing the truth.

Those racist right wingers came to defend their political ancestor.

They fly under the same flag as him.

It's blazingly obvious, and yet the tards can't bring themselves to admit it after being so careful to point out those old timers were Democrats. They have been very carefully programmed not to admit the old timers were RIGHT WING CHRISTIANS.

And now these out of state right wingers have slammed it home to them and it is too painful to admit.

So they do these weird, twisted brain gymnastics.

I suppose now we ought to dig up all the bodies buried in Arlington National Cemetery because it was Robert E Lee’s farm.

You're entitled to your opinion but you're wrong if you're applying that to my position. As I explained, this has nothing to do with the history or whether you admire it. It's about instilling resilience and respecting the opinions of those you disagree with.

You see... I'd rather have those statues there... so when my kid asks me, "Who was Nathan Bedford Forrest?" I can explain it to him. If the statue has been removed he won't ask, he'll never know. If he sees a Confederate flag flying somewhere, he can ask me "What does that flag represent?" and I can explain it to him. Without that flag, he never asks, he never learns. Then he has to rely on YOU telling him a bunch of revisionist lies. I would rather my child be open to all viewpoints and develop resilience because that develops solid character and emotional stability. You simply want to brainwash children into believing your bullshit and you don't really give a shit what others think about that.
I've already explained, SEVERAL times, how we can properly save our history.

We simply replace the statues honoring the old time racist Democrats with museums which document the crimes against humanity they committed.

Resilience? Yes, racists stubbornly hold onto their retarded ideas right up to the present day, as demonstrated by the right wingers who came to defend those old Democrats. This is NOT to be admired, for chrissakes!

View attachment 143544

Awesome. That was easy!

There comes a point where arguing with a cretin no longer has a point. In typical LIb[n]E[/b]ral style, you have little but to falsely accuse others of vices that anyone can see are your own, and to argue against positions that your adversaries never took. You accuse others of lacking honor and integrity, yet your own behavior shows that you are the one who is thus lacking.

It is understandable that you want these statues gone, as they are an embarrassing reminder of the racism, bigotry, and murderous nature that has always been your own party's as much as you try to falsely project it at your opposition. If anything, that is yet another reason why they should stay.

I suppose now we ought to dig up all the bodies buried in Arlington National Cemetery because it was Robert E Lee’s farm.
I don't know. Have we dug up old Nazis for some reason?

What does taking down a statue of a racist Democrat have to do with graveyards?

View attachment 143544

Awesome. That was easy!

There comes a point where arguing with a cretin no longer has a point. In typical LIb[n]E[/b]ral style, you have little but to falsely accuse others of vices that anyone can see are your own, and to argue against positions that your adversaries never took. You accuse others of lacking honor and integrity, yet your own behavior shows that you are the one who is thus lacking.

It is understandable that you want these statues gone, as they are an embarrassing reminder of the racism, bigotry, and murderous nature that has always been your own party's as much as you try to falsely project it at your opposition. If anything, that is yet another reason why they should stay.
I'm a Republican.

Hey, you want to keep calling them racist Democrats, go right ahead! THAT'S MY WHOLE POINT!

Why are right wingers standing up for them?

Only one reason.

They share the same flag, and the same beliefs.

Guys, you are reading way more into confederate monument removal than is really there. Confederate monuments are being removed because the confederacy enslaved blacks, and blacks are now citizens who object to confederacy hero worshiping. It doesn't have a damned thing to do with democrats and republicans.

More importantly, trying to pin a D or R on events that happened over 100 years ago is downright stupid. What matters is what is happening today, and that is a rise of racism that is directly attributable to the Trump factor in today's politics.

History still needs to be looked at thats why. Not erased. It's a concept probably way beyond you and I doubt if it can be explained to you. There are many levels on why retaining symbols of history are important regardless of whether they are good or bad to some people.

So we should have statues to Hitler? hhmmm...interesting....

Don't think the two are the same at all in comparison, but it does raise an interesting perspective. So would you also be in favor of banning art work that insults catholicism and Christianity? So far the ACLU and others have defended the right of Offensive displays because artists should not have their freedom of expression stifled.
So maybe we should take a closer look at censorship of expression when it comes to books and art, not just statues.

I doubt you asked the question seriously, but I'm going to answer it, seriously.

Rewriting history makes it sound better but it doesn't make us better. Robert E. Lee was a brilliant General. Grant was disappointed that Lee did not remember the time they served together briefly as junior officers. Stonewall Jackson was a brilliant officer, as was J.E.B. Stewart, and even Nathan Forrest. Their tactics and strategy is still taught today in Military Academies.

The truth is this. There was no Civil War. A Civil War is when two or more forces are fighting for control of a Government. The Confederate States wanted independence. They wanted to form a nation of their own. Would it have worked? Doubtful. But we'll never know.

People who fight for hopeless causes are still people, and they showed great courage, and skill. The Confederates were pretty much doomed from the start, they did not have the industrial base to support a war. But they fought for their freedom.

The Irish are proud of their failed rebellion. Why not? Why not be proud of what your ancestors did? The Germans were proud of the fight they put up in World War One. The Vietnam Veterans are proud of their service. Lord knows we heard about it for months during the 2004 election. The war was lost, but that does not diminish the sacrifice, and the courage they showed.

The Japanese still honor the Kamikaze pilots, even though our modern ideals think the act of ording a suicide attack is barbaric. Those men fought with honor as they understood it. They killed a lot of our people, but they acted and were willing to sacrifice themselves in a hopeless cause.

How would you feel if we decided that the Vietnam War Memorial should be torn down? Just because they lost? Or because they were not enlightened people by our modern standards. They fought, hard, for their lives, and the lives of their buddies. They fought for freedom.

By tearing down the memorials, the statues, and the rest of it. You aren't doing anything but telling the families that their ancestors were bad people. They lost the war, isn't that enough? The Northern States won, and the Union was preserved. The dominance of the Federal Government was established once and for all.

But most of the soldiers of the south did not fight for slavery. That's the little thing that most people forget. Most of the soldiers were poor rednecks. Want to know what a redneck was? It was a white boy who was out in the fields working, and the back of their necks would get sunburned. They didn't own any slaves. They couldn't afford any. They were scraping by the best that they could, but they took up arms, and fought for their homes, and families.

The Civil War was a failed rebellion. But the people who fought, fought for their freedom as they saw it. They suffered, and died, and suffered indignities at the hands of the Northern States. The march to the sea by Sherman was a war crime by the rules of the era. But we celebrate his war crimes. We named a tank after him. The tank we used to fight the Second World War. We didn't care if the name was an insult to the Southerners, we didn't care if it bothered them. We didn't care that he had raped and pillaged his way across Georgia. We don't tell the schoolchildren that Sherman burned Atlanta to the ground. We don't tell them that their great hero of the Northern Army raped women wholesale as he marched to the sea.

We tell the kids that the South was bad because of Slavery. We don't tell the truth. We don't bother. So now we have to tear down the monuments. So what can the South be proud of in your mind? Even now everyone points and laughs and calls them ignorant and racist because they didn't vote in the same numbers for Hillary.

Later, you'll wonder why the South doesn't back you, and you'll wonder why they just won't get on the bandwagon. Tearing down their history, after burning their cities to the ground, and shitting on the memories of the fallen isn't a good way to get them on your side.

Forum List

Back