Why Does The Right Not Want Confederate Statues Removed?

Liberals, you realize we're going to have to remove remembrances of Franklin D. Roosevelt right? Not because I say so, but you did. Course you don't know that yet, I'm helping you think your way through this, in simple terms even you can understand.

See FDR, the dirty fascist, ordered innocent Japanese people into camps and robbed them of their assets. Amazing they were held in captivity 77 years after the Republicans freed the slaves. One has to wonder. Anyway, that's why. Simple right? You were just uneducated, and now you're educated.

Be consistent, use your heads, and get rid of this commie bastard now. Amazing how this guy was your hero, next to Obama & Clinton of course. Anyone who disagrees are sympathizers for the inhumane captivity of innocent people, especially the Japanese, and that my friends is racism.

Not to mention that FDR did more than any other President in this nation's history to violate and undermine the Constitution, and to set the precedents for further undermining of it. He bears, far more than any other President, the onus for having caused our federal government to grow out of control, from the limited efficient government established by our forefathers, into the bloated, corrupt tyranny that it now is.

FDR made us a modern democracy and the strongest nation on earth

One of our greatest President by any standard

Liberals, you realize we're going to have to remove remembrances of Franklin D. Roosevelt right? Not because I say so, but you did. Course you don't know that yet, I'm helping you think your way through this, in simple terms even you can understand.

See FDR, the dirty fascist, ordered innocent Japanese people into camps and robbed them of their assets. Amazing they were held in captivity 77 years after the Republicans freed the slaves. One has to wonder. Anyway, that's why. Simple right? You were just uneducated, and now you're educated.

Be consistent, use your heads, and get rid of this commie bastard now. Amazing how this guy was your hero, next to Obama & Clinton of course. Anyone who disagrees are sympathizers for the inhumane captivity of innocent people, especially the Japanese, and that my friends is racism.

Not to mention that FDR did more than any other President in this nation's history to violate and undermine the Constitution, and to set the precedents for further undermining of it. He bears, far more than any other President, the onus for having caused our federal government to grow out of control, from the limited efficient government established by our forefathers, into the bloated, corrupt tyranny that it now is.

FDR adored his Communist master "Uncle Joe" and lamented the fact that the US Constitution stood in the way of the USA turning into the USSR. FDR was evil

FDR adored his Communist master "Uncle Joe" and lamented the fact that the US Constitution stood in the way of the USA turning into the USSR. FDR was evil

FDR got "Uncle Joe" to do all the fighting and dying against the Nazis
Saved hundreds of thousands of US lives

I might also add that I am generally opposed to busing people into protest local issues. Removal of statues are purely local. I know from personal experience working locally that out of area organization of protests is annoying and offensive when it's none of their business

Not so much. Hitler attacking the Soviet Union is what got them fighting.

Now you are getting there
Hitler attacked USSR in 1940, before we were in the war

FDR did not send any help in 1941, none in 1942, none in 1943
In fact, we did not open up the Western Front in France until June 1944

Meanwhile, Stalin was losing millions of casualties while FDR was waiting for "the right time" to invade

FDR acted like Uncle Joes sock puppet, and stalled the US drive to Berlin so that Uncle Joe, already a mass murderer, would have time to sack Bulgaria and Czechoslovakia and add them to the Iron Curtain.

Patton was 100% correct, all we did was trade one evil dictator for another.

"We promised the Europeans freedom. It would be worse than dishonorable not to see they have it. This might mean war with the Russians, but what of it? They have no Air Force anymore, their gasoline and ammunition supplies are low. I’ve seen their miserable supply trains; mostly wagons draw by beaten up old horses or oxen. I’ll say this; the Third Army alone with very little help and with damned few casualties, could lick what is left of the Russians in six weeks. You mark my words. Don’t ever forget them. Someday we will have to fight them and it will take six years and cost us six million lives." -- George S Patton

I mean, at least twice a month, the pseudocons on this forum start topics to tell us that Confederates were racist Democrats and bad, bad, bad people.

So why is the Right defending those statues of evil Democrats? Hmmmm? Why were they sending out of state protesters to Virginia? Hmmmm?

Oftentimes, two pseudocons will start the same kind of topic on the same day. It's almost as if someone is telling all the tards this shit on a Tard Network.

So why is the Right defending a Democrat statue? Why?

The better question is why do you want to remove them?

Because the idea of honoring those men and what they fought to preserve is repugnant.

Imagine, if you can or will, that you are an African American. Imagine having to live in a community that chooses to honor these men. You're forced to walk past and through these parks in honor of men who fought to keep your kind enslaved. It's despicable that in 2017 American citizens are made to suffer such a public humility. These memorials only came to be in response to desegregation across the south. They were erected to let blacks know who was still in charge.

Why do you believe they should stay?

FDR acted like Uncle Joes sock puppet, and stalled the US drive to Berlin so that Uncle Joe, already a mass murderer, would have time to sack Bulgaria and Czechoslovakia and add them to the Iron Curtain.

"We promised the Europeans freedom. It would be worse than dishonorable not to see they have it. This might mean war with the Russians, but what of it? They have no Air Force anymore, their gasoline and ammunition supplies are low. I’ve seen their miserable supply trains; mostly wagons draw by beaten up old horses or oxen. I’ll say this; the Third Army alone with very little help and with damned few casualties, could lick what is left of the Russians in six weeks. You mark my words. Don’t ever forget them. Someday we will have to fight them and it will take six years and cost us six million lives." -- George S Patton

If he were a sock puppet, he would have committed our troops in 1942 like Stalin demanded
Instead, he allowed millions of Russians to be killed before he consented to launch D Day

Patton, as everyone knew was a moron when it came to the political realities of the war. Following his advice would have led to hundreds of thousands of additional casualties....for no reason

You mark my words. Don’t ever forget them. Someday we will have to fight them and it will take six years and cost us six million lives." -- George S Patton

Never happened....did it?
Instead, the USSR just collapsed

I mean, at least twice a month, the pseudocons on this forum start topics to tell us that Confederates were racist Democrats and bad, bad, bad people.

So why is the Right defending those statues of evil Democrats? Hmmmm? Why were they sending out of state protesters to Virginia? Hmmmm?

Oftentimes, two pseudocons will start the same kind of topic on the same day. It's almost as if someone is telling all the tards this shit on a Tard Network.

Because the idea of honoring those men and what they fought to preserve is repugnant.

Imagine, if you can or will, that you are an African American. Imagine having to live in a community that chooses to honor these men. You're forced to walk past and through these parks in honor of men who fought to keep your kind enslaved. It's despicable that in 2017 American citizens are made to suffer such a public humility. These memorials only came to be in response to desegregation across the south. They were erected to let blacks know who was still in charge.

Than you best get busy tearing down the White House and every single monument in the country.

If he were a sock puppet, he would have committed our troops in 1942 like Stalin demanded
Instead, he allowed millions of Russians to be killed before he consented to launch D Day

Patton, as everyone knew was a moron when it came to the political realities of the war. Following his advice would have led to hundreds of thousands of additional casualties....for no reason

You mark my words. Don’t ever forget them. Someday we will have to fight them and it will take six years and cost us six million lives." -- George S Patton

Never happened....did it?
Instead, the USSR just collapsed

Patton wrong about the Soviets? Really? He called it perfectly that they would be as bad and worse than the Nazis

You cried when Reagan defeated the USSR.

Than you best get busy tearing down the White House and every single monument in the country.

No one but you has suggested anything so ridiculous.

Now you are getting there
Hitler attacked USSR in 1940, before we were in the war

FDR did not send any help in 1941, none in 1942, none in 1943
In fact, we did not open up the Western Front in France until June 1944

Meanwhile, Stalin was losing millions of casualties while FDR was waiting for "the right time" to invade

Russia was already fighting them, FDR had nothing to do with getting them involved.

Why the hell not?
The North had plenty of slaves.

I live in the Midwest, so this isn't an issue. It boggles my mind, that people even notice statuary. I have seen some bad sculptures, bought with public money I would like to see blown to tiny little pieces. One has been replaced ( Rev. Martin Luther King bronze at Denver's city park, it was so bad). The other is that orange triangle thingy by Denver's downtown Library. UGLY dosen't cover it. And, then there's a horse on a chair opposite. Yeah. All paid with taxpayer's money. That's the out rage. At least there was artistic merit and historical background to Confederate statues.

Denver has terrible public sculptures. The dancing alien things at the Performing Arts Complex, the big blue bear peeking into the Conference Center, the pillar of bllod bags on 16th Street near I-25, the demon bronco at DIA (that actually killed its creator). All terrible. I don't agree with leaving statues put in place to intimidate and oppress black people and honor those who fought for slavery. But I do agree that Denver has awful public sculptures.

Why the hell not?
The North had plenty of slaves.
The North ended slavery for all time, at the expense of a great many American lives.

The White House has protected civil rights many many times.

The Confederacy doesn't have a single redeeming quality. It existed solely to preserve slavery.

Forum List

Back