Why Does The Right Not Want Confederate Statues Removed?

Do you really think that you can steal and destroy our history? It won't be as easy as you think it will.

Try to come up with an atrocity by the way. The worst were in the north.

Slavery itself is the ultimate atrocity. However...

Scott Van Wynsberghe on the terrible history of atrocities against captured black soldiers during the American Civil War

And I thought it was child sex trafficking

Don't worry, there was plenty of raping going on in the slave states as well. Thankfully there isn't a statue to commemorate the occasion, it'd be even more awkward for the wingnuts to defend.
And yet the out of state right wingers came to Virginia to protest the removal of a statue of a man who fought to protect raping of slaves and a lot of other atrocities.

Why do you think that is?

Perhaps these Nazis want to rape black women?

It would be nice if statues were the worst of are problems, It should stay, that's part of our history, we are not going to deny the civil war.
We came up with a better idea.

Instead of glorifying these racist Democrats with statues, we should replace them with museums which explain the horrible crimes against humanity they committed.

That's the proper way to honor history.

I mean, at least twice a month, the pseudocons on this forum start topics to tell us that Confederates were racist Democrats and bad, bad, bad people.

So why is the Right defending those statues of evil Democrats? Hmmmm? Why were they sending out of state protesters to Virginia? Hmmmm?

Oftentimes, two pseudocons will start the same kind of topic on the same day. It's almost as if someone is telling all the tards this shit on a Tard Network.

So why is the Right defending a Democrat statue? Why?

The better question is why do you want to remove them?
They are racist Democrats! We have been taught this over and over and over on this forum.

Geez!

Thanks for admitting it....

Current American Army Bases named after Confederate Generals.

Camp Blanding
Fort Benning (Home of the Infantry School, The Army Rangers and the
American Paratroopers)
Fort Gordon (Home of the Military Police)
Fort Stewart (Home of the 24th Mech Div)
Fort Polk
Camp Beauregard
Fort Bragg (Home of the 82nd ABN and the Green Beret)
Fort Jackson
Fort Hood (Home of the American III Corps [1st & 3rd Armor] & 1st CAV)
Fort A.P. Hill
Fort Eustis
Fort Lee
Fort Pickett
All Democrats.

And here someone was claiming on this very forum just yesterday that Democrats never built anything!

Hmmmm...

No answer.,..eh?

Figures
What? I answered. You gave us a list of bases named after racist Democrats. And?

I mean, at least twice a month, the pseudocons on this forum start topics to tell us that Confederates were racist Democrats and bad, bad, bad people.

So why is the Right defending those statues of evil Democrats? Hmmmm? Why were they sending out of state protesters to Virginia? Hmmmm?

Oftentimes, two pseudocons will start the same kind of topic on the same day. It's almost as if someone is telling all the tards this shit on a Tard Network.

History still needs to be looked at thats why. Not erased. It's a concept probably way beyond you and I doubt if it can be explained to you. There are many levels on why retaining symbols of history are important regardless of whether they are good or bad to some people.
Would you compromise by having a plaque on each confederate statue reminding the reader that this person was a traitor who abandoned his oath in the name of defending slavery?

I wouldnt be opposed to a plaque giving that sort of historical context at all, though It was up to the Union government at the time to label those generals as traitors. They were fighting for the wrong cause but they were fighting in uniform for their own confederate government. If anything I think the statues make a good reminder of how we were once divided. I'm not pro Confederate at all by the way, I've lived in California my entire life, I would just like to be fair about this, is all. I do also know that the ACLU will defend an artists right to put up paintings or sculptures mocking God or Christ even though it may offend millions of Christians and they protest it. That may be a double standard there.
Those racist Democrats were fighting for slavery. And after those loser Democrats got their asses kicked by America, they started the KKK. This very important knowledge is regularly passed onto us by the pseudocons of this forum ad infinitum!

So why is the Right standing up for a statue of one of those bad racist Democrat Christian terrorists? It makes no sense!

maybe because they know the left is not going to stop at a statue of Robert E Lee. It's only a matter of time before they go after the US flag as well. Thats why we call them progressives. Well, not so sure R E LEE was a member of the KKK. as far as I know he was just a general.
I'm a lifelong conservative Republican who served 20 years on active duty. It would be a very foolish person indeed who attempted to harm the US flag around me.

So please explain. Why are the out of state right wingers defending the racist Democrats?

Anyone? Bueller?...Bueller?...Bueller?

Erasing history is never a good idea you start with the statues because some are offended by them we have few if any stores selling Confederate flag merchandise because that offended some people. When someone goes into a museum and is offended by Confederate displays do we remove those? If someone gets upset reading about the Confederacy in a text book do we remove all references from those? If people want to sanitize the nations history to make people feel good that's up to them but it's not a good idea.
No one is trying to erase history.

As a matter of fact, I am trying to portray history more accurately. Geez, all the pseudocons do is lecture all of us about what racist Democrats these old timers were. So let's set the record straight. Instead of honoring these Democrats, let's inform the public of the crimes against humanity they committed, and how many Americans had to die putting them in their place.

Why is the Right defending these Democrats?

No the real question is , why does the Democrats want to erase it's racist and barbaric past from public view?

The statues and Confederate flag should remain as a reminder for history not repeating itself .

The statues and Confederate flag honor those genocidal Democrats. We should not be doing that. We should be portraying them as the evil motherfuckers they are.

THAT is how you protect history.

No the real question is , why does the Democrats want to erase it's racist and barbaric past from public view?

The statues and Confederate flag should remain as a reminder for history not repeating itself .

And really, why bother? I think it is fairly obvious to most sane people that modern-day Democrats are no less racist or barbaric than the Democrats of a century or two ago were. Their racism and barbarism takes different forms today, but at the root, it is the same racism and barbarism that was always there.
So why are right wingers defending those old time "racist" and "barbaric" Democrats?

Why are none of you answering this question?

That is the topic, after all.

No more red herrings.

Answer the question.

For someone who fancies himself to be the "smartest" guy in the room you ask stupid questions. Art is speech and everyone has the "right" to "speak". The essence of a "right" is that one gets to "say" things that "others" don't like.
Yes, but why are out of state right wingers coming to the defense of racist Democrats?

This seems to have stumped all of you completely.

It's the new norm. Most of the violent protesters of the last few years were busybodies from out of state. Apparently, no one can tolerate someone 600 miles away thinking differently. It's just unamerican!

They are racist Democrats! We have been taught this over and over and over on this forum.

Geez!

Now answer the question. Why are right wingers defending those racist Democrats?

Stop avoiding the topic and answer the question.

Geez!

Now answer the question. Why are right wingers defending those racist Democrats?

Now why would I defend a racist democrat?

Why does the Right not want Confederate statues removed?

Probably has something to do with a huge bloc of our countrymen who rebelled, became enemies, fought hard and honorably, were defeated, and then reconciled to us.

Probably has something to do with (a) for Southerners, honoring their valiant ancestors, and (b) for Northerners, honoring a gallant former enemy who rejoined the family.
Then how come the pseudocons barely let a week go by on this forum without dishonoring the memory of those racist Democrats?
They do it to pi$$ you off... and they're obviously living rent-free in your head, to have made such a lasting impression.

Let me see if I can explain this to you very simply... (since you are very simple.)

Psychologists will tell you the key to raising well-rounded and emotionally stable children is to teach and instil resilience.

Resilience is the capacity to recover quickly from difficulties; toughness. There have been all kinds of nursery rhymes dedicated to this concept. My favorite is: "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me." (It's also true that Confederate statues will not hurt you.)

We now find ourselves in a PC snowflake culture which wants to shield children from ever developing resilience. The danger of this, aside from producing a generation of emotionally unstable nitwits, is that we end up with a society who thinks they have some constitutional right to not be offended. The problem with that is, virtually everything can be deemed offensive to someone.

So this is where MY position rests on things like tearing down monuments or banning flags. It's the diametric opposite of what we need to be doing to instil resilience in our young people. It has nothing to do with the history or whether you admire it. An argument could equally be made to remove all statues, monuments and tributes to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. He was a Baptist minister and it could be deemed "offensive" to some to bestow honor upon such a religious figure. I don't personally feel that way but some may... and if we are to embark on a society devoid of anything offensive, this would have to be given consideration.

You see... you left-wing morons do not own an exclusive right to determine what IS or ISN'T offensive. You THINK you do, but you don't. And so we cannot allow you to "fundamentally transform" our society this way. Leave shit alone! If you don't LIKE what a particular Confederate monument represents, speak your opinion in the arena of ideas. That's your right as a citizen. But we must get back to teaching our children to have respect for ALL opinions and instil resilience.

Geez!

They won't answer . They never do . They just spread their propaganda "the democrats were the confederate racists " and completely ignore the 100yrs after the civil war .

Geez!

I didn't ask why you are. I asked why those right wingers came from out of state to defend the racist Democrats.

Stop dodging the question.,

Geez!

They won't answer . They never do . They just spread their propaganda "the democrats were the confederate racists " and completely ignore the 100yrs after the civil war .

I did answer well boy.

Let me see if I can explain this to you very simply... (since you are very simple.)

Psychologists will tell you the key to raising well-rounded and emotionally stable children is to teach and instil resilience.

Resilience is the capacity to recover quickly from difficulties; toughness. There have been all kinds of nursery rhymes dedicated to this concept. My favorite is: "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me." (It's also true that Confederate statues will not hurt you.)

We now find ourselves in a PC snowflake culture which wants to shield children from ever developing resilience. The danger of this, aside from producing a generation of emotionally unstable nitwits, is that we end up with a society who thinks they have some constitutional right to not be offended. The problem with that is, virtually everything can be deemed offensive to someone.

So this is where MY position rests on things like tearing down monuments or banning flags. It's the diametric opposite of what we need to be doing to instil resilience in our young people. It has nothing to do with the history or whether you admire it. An argument could equally be made to remove all statues, monuments and tributes to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. He was a Baptist minister and it could be deemed "offensive" to some to bestow honor upon such a religious figure. I don't personally feel that way but some may... and if we are to embark on a society devoid of anything offensive, this would have to be given consideration.

You see... you left-wing morons do not own an exclusive right to determine what IS or ISN'T offensive. You THINK you do, but you don't. And so we cannot allow you to "fundamentally transform" our society this way. Leave shit alone! If you don't LIKE what a particular Confederate monument represents, speak your opinion in the arena of ideas. That's your right as a citizen. But we must get back to teaching our children to have respect for ALL opinions and instil resilience.
Oh, I already addressed your point a long time ago in this topic. I am so sorry you had to waste that giant word salad.

The right wingers who came to defend the racist Democrat statues would not be caught dead defending a statue of Martin Luther King.

So why are right wingers defending the racist Democrats of old?

We're not defending them. We are condemning gratuitous destruction and censorship. That the targets of this destruction and censorship represent ideologies that are contrary to our own values is beside the point. If we will not defend the expression of that which we find disagreeable, then how can we expect our own views to be defended against censorship from those who find our views disagreeable?

Those of you on the left wrong wrong are oblivious to the consequences of the policies and precedents that you seek to establish. If you succeed in censoring that with which you disagree, then you open the door for your own views to be likewise censored when those who disagree with you are in power.

Last edited:

Geez!

I didn't ask why you are. I asked why those right wingers came from out of state to defend the racist Democrats.

Stop dodging the question.,

You tell me.
I'm not the one who bussed in a bunch of agitators.

Forum List

Back