Why does the right grab onto complete lies like death panels and Birther issues in th

Why does the right grab onto complete lies like death panels and Birther issues in the face of cold hard facts like they have no mind of their own?

1)Putting aside the term "death panels", the fact is that there would have been government people determining whether or not it was cost effective to allow for a medical procedure based on ones health and age.....so that was not a lie..it was a fact...one person used the term "death panels" and that was what was continually addressed by the left...not the fact that there would NEED to be people in the government making those decisions.

2) the small percentage of "the right" that were stuck on the BC issue simply wanted to see it. They were stuck on it becuase it took Obama 2 1/2 years to produce it. If he produced it 2 1/2 years ago, that small percentage of people that wanted to see it would have shrunk to a minute percentage of people that still werent happy...a percentage likely equal to the minute percentage of people on the left that still believe that 9-11 was an inside job despite the proof of otherwise.

Why are you so partisan?

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Because on the majority of substantive issues, they lose the argument. Their anti-government ideology is pretty popular, but their policies are not. Despite a substantial portion of the country self-identifying as conservative, vast majorities of Americans support universal healthcare, progressive tax code that raises the rates on the wealthy, no reductions in Social Security or Medicare, the US military out of Afghanistan and Middle Eastern occupation generally, government regulated environmental protections, a woman's right to choose, etc. etc. Many of those policies aren't enacted or actively supported by the Democratic party either which is hardly a movement of the left, but liberal policy positions on major contentious issues are generally much more popular than conservative policy positions on those same issues.

So because they lose on policy, they (quite effectively) change the nature and frame of the debate and distract with non-issues or like death panels, birtherism, taking guns away etc. where they can garner more widespread support by focusing on straw men or fabrications.

Last edited:
Why does the right grab onto complete lies like death panels and Birther issues in the face of cold hard facts like they have no mind of their own?

Hmm, what an odd statement from someone carrying the nom du gure TruthMatters. I am considered to be on the right, and have never used the term death panel, nor have I ever gave a shit about the birthers. Neither have most of my friends on the right.

Me thinks perhaps you are lumping everyone on the right into one one basket to make us all appear as loony as a few fringe folks? I can only assume then that you are on the left. There are quite a few loony birds on the far left, would you like us to lump all of the left together? I thought not.

Hmm, what an odd statement from someone carrying the nom du gure TruthMatters. I am considered to be on the right, and have never used the term death panel, nor have I ever gave a shit about the birthers. Neither have most of my friends on the right.

Me thinks perhaps you are lumping everyone on the right into one one basket to make us all appear as loony as a few fringe folks? I can only assume then that you are on the left. There are quite a few loony birds on the far left, would you like us to lump all of the left together? I thought not.

We'd assume the name was meant to be ironic, but when you get familiar with her it becomes evident that she's incapable of intended irony. So there you go. She lumps all and hasn't a problem labeling black conservatives Uncle Toms. Yep, a real winner she is!

You mean like "Bush lied people died"? "9/11 was an inside job?" "Trickle down economics doesn't work?" "Bush/Cheney=Halliburton/Big Oil?"

You mean like "Bush lied people died"? "9/11 was an inside job?" "Trickle down economics doesn't work?" "Bush/Cheney=Halliburton/Big Oil?"

Not to mention my all time favorite...

Under Bush, the CIA lied to congress....and Pelosi was way to busy to investigate it when she was speaker.

LMFAO...The CIA lies to congress and it is not an important issue.....

Loved that one.

• Banned

So you are going to pretend that these were not issues the right was involved in now?

You refuse to accept your side USED these completely false issues to try and take Obama out?

Now which one of us is being dishonest here?

So you are going to pretend that these were not issues the right was involved in now?

You refuse to accept your side USED these completely false issues to try and take Obama out?

So I've been here less than 24 hours and it's already apparent to me that you are not only a liar, but you can't read.

I NEVER said that some on the right haven't done so, just as SOME on the left have and still do lie about those on the right. The difference is I'm honest enough to include that all important SOME in my statement while you prefer to pretend like it is EVERYONE on the right.

I dismiss you as the child you are.

Quit generalizing people. I judge people based on the individual stances they take. Why are you unable to do that?

So I've been here less than 24 hours and it's already apparent to me that you are not only a liar, but you can't read.

I NEVER said that some on the right haven't done so, just as SOME on the left have and still do lie about those on the right. The difference is I'm honest enough to include that all important SOME in my statement while you prefer to pretend like it is EVERYONE on the right.

The portion of your party who has been touting these issues is not a small fraction.

Why do you lie about that?

Trying to reason with truthmatters is a fight you cannot win, as she lacks any reason. All she can do is snip back at you with here 1-3 sentence responses, (without quoting most of the time).

She's basically a liberal talking points spambot.

The portion of your party who has been touting these issues is not a small fraction.

Really? its not a small faction? Proceed to begin naming names. Trump doesnt count. Hes more liberal than he is conservative and is not to be taken seriously.

Ya just like the Truther and the Awolers and all the rest of the goofy crap the Left came up with over Bush. Its funny your so indignant over this when it was standard fare for the left

Look , I know you read my introductory statement, so it's YOUR fault if you're not aware that I don't have much patience with idiots, but I'll try ONE last time. Conservatives, nor the right, are parties. They are political positions. One doesn't have to subscribe to every part and parcel of a theory pushed by anyone claiming to be like them in order to be on "their side." I suspect the reason you assume this to be true is because you yourself swallow everything you are told by a liberal agenda and just assume that everyone else does likewise. Most of us aren't that simple minded, but have no fear, one day you to will grow out of puberty and be able to think for yourself.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

I dismiss polls regarding weasel topics like this out of hand, regardless of whose side they benefit. There are too many variables, including but not limited how you ask the question, that make them basically worthless.

Its better to go by the posters on this board. I know several people considered conservative (including myself) that find birthers to be a pathetic. Hell one of the bigger RW blogs, Ace of Spades can't stand birthers in general.

Look , I know you read my introductory statement, so it's YOUR fault if you're not aware that I don't have much patience with idiots, but I'll try ONE last time. Conservatives, nor the right, are parties. They are political positions. One doesn't have to subscribe to every part and parcel of a theory pushed by anyone claiming to be like them in order to be on "their side." I suspect the reason you assume this to be true is because you yourself swallow everything you are told by a liberal agenda and just assume that everyone else does likewise. Most of us aren't that simple minded, but have no fear, one day you to will grow out of puberty and be able to think for yourself.

Just walk away from truthie, you will feel better for it. There are other left leaning posters who are easier to have an actual debate with.

Forum List

Back