Why does the debt matter so much to Repubs?

We are too big to fail?

That's the biggest lie I've read today. And I was on one of TMs threads an hour or so ago.

Envision a planet with a failed U S government..I mean bankrupt..cannot pay any debt. Do you have any idea what that would do to the rest of the world? All imports STOPPED! All financial institutions EVERYWHERE failed. The complete failure of the USA is unthinkable to the rest of the world. They would forgo all of their own individual countries concerns to keep us afloat.

What do you think would happen if we somehow were declared bankrupt? What? do you think the World bank is gonna come and take your house? The White House? Our military assets? Our natural resources? The Saudis or China are going to take our oil? Our Nukes? :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are crazy. Just who exactly is going to foreclose on the USA? You guys are funny! Stop peeing on yourself. It not only won't happen it can't happen. :lol: :lol: :lol: Like I told the other guy...Get a grip.

You might think you can put the fear of your God in some of these fuckwits...I ain't the one Sparky.

Pride comes before the fall.

And boy is there a large fall coming.

Maybe...but if WE fall ....EVERYBODY falls. The same people that have reaped the most reward from the financial arrangements the world operates under will not allow that to happen. What good would all their riches do them if there is no place safe to spend the money?

If WE go under there will be precious few immune from that catastrophe. It has nothing to do with your biblical pride.

People like you are the reason for the grade "F". and a sub 100 I Q.:lol: :lol:

That was so funny I forgot to laugh.

We don't need to be adversaries...but you need to be better educated on this subject. Read the TARP Commission report. It spells out who did what.

We are adversaries because you're a Stalinist toady who does the dirty work for the Democrat criminals in the government.

You really are just a fucking moron. I won't try and explain the whole rundown but it would have helped your knowledge on the subject if you had watched the three hour commission report on C-SPAN like I did. The failure you refer to was not the failed mortgages. That was predictable. The failure was that the risky mortgages were falsely rated triple A and shuffled in and bundled with good mortgages. Those packages were sliced up making their extraction impossible and they were all sold as AAA. In short they went out all over the world because of their false rating. They were considered safe and in fact the slices were contaminated with mortgages that should have been rated much lower. If they had been sold at their true value and risk they would not have been bought so widely. The mortgages were not fraudulent. The way they were packaged, rated and sold was a fraud.

That scam became necessary only because lenders had to market the bad mortgages the government forced them to give to deadbeats. Fannie Mae and Freddie Max made it all possible buy serving as a secondary market for them. Federal regulators turned a blind eye to the whole thing because they were in on it.

If the bad mortgages had failed on their own value none of this would have happened. The risk would have been insured fairly and the insurance companies like AIG would have known how much they could safely cover. Oh my...I am droning on. Let's just go back to the fact that you are a fucking idiot and leave it there.

Bad mortgages would have been a minute fraction of what they grew to be if the government wasn't doing everything it could to promote them.

You might not look like such a gullible sucker if you quit taking what politicians and bureaucrats say seriously.

That was so funny I forgot to laugh.

We don't need to be adversaries...but you need to be better educated on this subject. Read the TARP Commission report. It spells out who did what.

We are adversaries because you're a Stalinist toady who does the dirty work for the Democrat criminals in the government.

Whatever ya fucking stupid cum stain. You know absolutely nothing about my politics. Put me on ignore as I will you. ..because I am wasting my breath and you..my time and interest.

Whatever ya fucking stupid cum stain. You know absolutely nothing about my politics. Put me on ignore as I will you. ..because I am wasting my breath and you..my time and interest.

The ignore feature is for cowards.

You're a rude obnoxious asshole who cries like a witto baby if you get the slightest bit of pushback.

How beautifully liberal!

I guess I just don't get it. I suppose I see the importance in not being broke, but above all else?

So you would have no problem with your children and/or grandchildren paying off debts that you incur?

Why is the debt important to republicans?

Because we don't kill our children.

None of them will ever get it, because its not themselves they're selling into slavery, it's our kids, at some point... down the road. These fools actually think there's a way out of it that doesn't consign an entire generation (maybe two) to working their entire lives to no benefit, all so we can borrow trillions now to no effect.

Funny - if it had been Liberals saying this stuff, Oddball would be in here mocking them with "It's for the CHIIIIIILDREN!!!!"

I guess I just don't get it. I suppose I see the importance in not being broke, but above all else?

So you would have no problem with your children and/or grandchildren paying off debts that you incur?

Why is the debt important to republicans?

Because we don't kill our children.

None of them will ever get it, because its not themselves they're selling into slavery, it's our kids, at some point... down the road. These fools actually think there's a way out of it that doesn't consign an entire generation (maybe two) to working their entire lives to no benefit, all so we can borrow trillions now to no effect.

Funny - if it had been Liberals saying this stuff, Oddball would be in here mocking them with "It's for the CHIIIIIILDREN!!!!"
And still funnier you don't seem to be able to differentiate between spending money we don't have now for the chi'ren by taking it from people who earn it and giving it to lazy ignorant fuckers who didn't, and not spending money we don't have now so our kids will be able to keep more of THEIR OWN DAMNED MONEY when they earn it in the future.

If your goal is to present your claim of hypocrisy to cover for your own hypocrisy even as you refsue to address your own hypocrisy, yes it is childish.

How can you call budget projections about the deficit that don't include the cost of the wars in them factual?? Seems to me that you are more than happy to ignore the facts that don't bow to your version of the facts.

You may want to Google the word "hypocrisy" since you don't know what it means. It's fair to include the wars, but not including them doesn't mean "hypocrisy."

So holding one person to a specifc standard based on a belief about the projections even as you choose to ignore or leave out vital information that contributed to the deficit while you hold another person to a different standard is not hypocrisy?? Really??

I hold them to the same standard, you don't. I say they are both ridiculous spenders and the war doesn't change that. What I did was point out your hypocrisy because you are the one who has different standards. You say "Republicans" care about debt when they aren't in power, then you don't care about debt when your holy Democrats are in power. That make me a hypocrite to you that I hold both parties accountable for uncontrolled spending, and you not a hypocrite to you who hold Republicans to a standard you don't hold Democrats do. And you're trying to squirm your way out of your hypocrisy with deflection.

Furthermore, you you seem to have no problem questioning the intellgience of others even as you complain about name calling and try to use what you so readily engage in as an excuse to claim others can't argue rationally

You have flagrant hypocrisy in this and I have none. I oppose the wars under both Presidents and the massive social spending under both parties. You hold one completely accountable and the other not at all. I don't "question" your intelligence, you ARE a dumb ass, no question about it.

So let's see if I got this straight. Everything was just fine until Obama got elected..THEN he up and spent a borrowed 13 trillion dollars. Right?

No, you don't have it straight

The fact that you cut that out of the middle of his post tell him he is wrong when any fool could tell he was being sarcastic and that wasn'ta realy question even as you refuse to respond to the entire content of his posts shows that you have nothing valid to offer.

His whole post after this was based on this premise

Republicans are against deficit spending NOW because they aren't in a position of sufficient power to spend on what THEY want.

Give them back the Senate and the presidency and all this pretense of fiscal hawkery will soar off into the sunset.

You mean like the Democrats did when they got in power? I agree with you, but I also encourage you to buy a mirror.

Give rich people more money while screwing the American people

Yes comrade, not taxing the rich more is giving them money, and not giving "the American people" more money they didn't earn is screwing them. All money is the people's money.

Democratic Party, Marxism in action in your front yard, are you scared yet America?

Give rich people more money while screwing the American people

Yes comrade, not taxing the rich more is giving them money, and not giving "the American people" more money they didn't earn is screwing them. All money is the people's money.

Democratic Party, Marxism in action in your front yard, are you scared yet America?

Yes I certainly am.

THE DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS ARE COMING!
THE DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS ARE COMING!

Get yur shootin irons, patriots and meet up on the Green at Lexington.

And let's just hope they're dumb enough to wear bright red uniforms and march in a straight line, too.

Tell you what. Why don't YOU partake in a little experiment. Spend your household money just like government spends money. Then come back and tell us again why debt doesn't mater. Deal?

You are comparing your stupid check book balance with the financial workings of the U S government?

Apparently the situation is a tad too complex for you to grasp. No matter what Glenn Beck tells you...The USA is too big to fail. We cannot go bankrupt. No overdraft is too large if congress agrees to pay it. Too many financial institutions depend on the solvency of our country. There is no other "customer" that can take our place. We are in fact at the level we exist THE ONLY GAME IN TOWN. Get A grip.

There is only one country way above all others that the world will do ANYTHING to keep in this position. US. When it comes down to it we can write any terms we want. No other country can do that.

Don't think about it too hard...stick to trying to keep your checkbook balanced.

Listen Thuggy for hire. America is not too big to fail. Just like any one or any institution that carries too much debt, it will get to the point where no one will loan us money anymore. Laws of economics are unavoidable. The United States isn't going to be able to avoid just because we're the United States. We've increased debt cielings, we've used 'interesting' accounting, we've continued to pile on debt and you think all of that doesn't really mean anything and hasn't had any negative impact on the U.S.? Do you think the devluation of the dollar is just a coincidence? You're the deluded one Thuggy.

Envision a planet with a failed U S government..I mean bankrupt..cannot pay any debt. Do you have any idea what that would do to the rest of the world? All imports STOPPED! All financial institutions EVERYWHERE failed. The complete failure of the USA is unthinkable to the rest of the world. They would forgo all of their own individual countries concerns to keep us afloat.

We're already there idiot. We aren't payig our debt. We're barely paying the interest on the debt.

What do you think would happen if we somehow were declared bankrupt? What? do you think the World bank is gonna come and take your house? The White House? Our military assets? Our natural resources? The Saudis or China are going to take our oil? Our Nukes? :lol: :lol: :lol:

If America was declared bankrupt a lot of things would happen. Countries would no longer loan us money because they would have no confidence in our ability to pay it back. For us to have the money to pay back a debt we have to be generating more money then we're spending. Is there any reasonable expectation that will happen in the near future? You think the U.S. will just decide to print money to pay the debt? That is not without consequence. It will further devalue the dollar until it isn't worth the paper it's printed on. Gonna be hard to pay a debt with money that isn't worth anything.

Forum List

Back