Why does the debt matter so much to Repubs?

Why does the Debt mean so little to the left? This effects everyone in our Nation not just the takers.

Please explain to me what the debt means, other than an opportunity to invest in potentially helpful programs. Are the Chinese going to invade to collect their dues? Or is it just some number in the sky that some people can't take their eyes off of?

Please explain to me what the debt means, other than an opportunity to invest in potentially helpful programs. Are the Chinese going to invade to collect their dues? Or is it just some number in the sky that some people can't take their eyes off of?
Rhetorical questions, the mark of an imbecile with a weak position. An infantile logical fallacy and Embarrassing to the University.

I guess I just don't get it. I suppose I see the importance in not being broke, but above all else?

It leads to inflation, causing an excessive or persistent increase, and a decline in purchasing power. It has already started and we are headed for bankruptcy because of too much spending and borrowing.

Our debt would mean nothing if we only dealt with our own Nation No Imports No Exports No Trade what so ever if our Nation was isolated from the rest of the world but we're not. Ever thought what it would be like to live like Ethiopia (GDP – per capita: $700) gives you some idea of what it means

I guess I just don't get it. I suppose I see the importance in not being broke, but above all else?

Simple. Because there is a Democrat in the White House. The debt increases under Bush didn't bother them, nor did the debt increases under Reagan.
Standard regurgitated partisan pablum. Both Presidents you mentioned took heavy losses in the off-year congressional elections - because the electorate didn't like what they were seeing in the fiscal realm.

What happens when your intrest payments exceed your ability to pay?

Your debt explodes and bad things happen to you.

What happens when the countries intrest payments exceed it's ability to pay?

Out debt explodes and really bad things happen to everone in the country, and now that we are so interlink throughout the world, bad things happen everywhere.

If you make $50,000/year and $10,000 of that goes to debt servicing.. you wouldn't be worried?

Some republicans are "reality based".. Old school types like myself look at the whole picture and the actual situation and conditions as they exist regardless of the causes. The policies and calamities that led to our current recession created a critical need for more money supply. The cost of money has been at record low interest rates so it makes sense to mitigate the effects of the "crash" with some borrowing.

The "new" republicans , mostly the Christian Fundamentalists, are not reality based. They are ideologically based. They live in a make believe world where they pick and chose facts denying reality when it does not make their policy appear valid. Their base has been brainwashed to believe those that fund the bad policy, the uber wealthy, have no responsibility. They are convinced that all of our nations troubles can be blamed on the very young, the sick and the aged.

Why does the debt matter so much to Repubs?

It only matters to Republicans when they're not in power. True story. :thup:

Dude,

$300 billion under Bush, Left considers it cataclysmic

$1.5 trillion under Hussein the Left considers it the cost of doing business

And you say this? As pathetic as the Republicans are, they got nothing on you.

Rhetorical questions, the mark of an imbecile with a weak position. An infantile logical fallacy and Embarrassing to the University.

An imbecile on politics, perhaps, which is exactly why I'm asking. Thanks for all your help in clarifying the issue, "midnight marauder".

Forum List

Back