Why does the debt matter so much to Repubs?

Republicans only pretend to care about debt when they don't have the presidency and Congress.

Did they pay for the Iraq war when they started it? No.

Did they pay for their tax cuts when they passed them? No.

Did they pay for Medicare part D when they passed it? No.

I never can pass up a chance to educate the Liberal, I pray he thinks about it and it will help him make better desc ions
1) The tax payer pays for everything, not the GOP or the Democrats
2) Tax cuts mean if you pay taxes, you will be allowed to keep more of your wealth
3) It was Medicare part B and based on the amount of deficit that we collected over that 8 year period you can pick and choose what was and was not paid for. Medicare part B would have taken about 40% of the debt based on your assumption

Republicans only pretend to care about debt when they don't have the presidency and Congress.

I never can pass up a chance to educate the Liberal, I pray he thinks about it and it will help him make better desc ions
2) Tax cuts mean if you pay taxes, you will be allowed to keep more of your wealth
3) It was Medicare part B and based on the amount of deficit that we collected over that 8 year period you can pick and choose what was and was not paid for. Medicare part B would have taken about 40% of the debt based on your assumption

The guy who didn't even know what the unemployment rate was when Reagan took office wants to tell you all how smart he is.

lol

I'm speaking about Republicans which is what the OP is about (read the title again, please). The Left has their own problems. Your little comparison is childish.

To point out hypocrisy is "childish?" I'm sure if Republicans criticized Democrats for something they do even worse you'd criticize any Democrat who pointed out that it was hypocrisy was being childish as well, right?

Were my facts on the level of debt Democrats reacted to with Bush while being OK with BO childish too? Facts are childish, racist, sexist and homophobic you know...

If your goal is to present your claim of hypocrisy to cover for your own hypocrisy even as you refsue to address your own hypocrisy, yes it is childish.

How can you call budget projections about the deficit that don't include the cost of the wars in them factual?? Seems to me that you are more than happy to ignore the facts that don't bow to your version of the facts.

You may want to Google the word "hypocrisy" since you don't know what it means. It's fair to include the wars, but not including them doesn't mean "hypocrisy."

As for the wars, they change the point little. They were no where near the trillion plus that Obama increased the deficit with his spending tsunami.

What you did was in fact hypocrisy since you're doing what you accuse the Republicans of doing. And your "childish" accusation is just childish, you can't rationally argue your points so you start name calling.

Last edited:

The guy who didn't even know what the unemployment rate was when Reagan took office wants to tell you all how smart he is.

lol

Ignorant means you are unaware of data. Smart means you can reason. So by saying he didn't know a factoid, you supported only that he's ignorant, not that he's not smart. I'm trying to teach liberals the English language. Yes, it's a massive undertaking doomed to failure, but what the heck, I'll give it a shot anyway.

lol

UE rate when Reagan took office?
do not recall giving a shit about that one

I guess I just don't get it. I suppose I see the importance in not being broke, but above all else?

Because the REAL agenda is to bankrupt this nation suchy that the government becomes nothing but a puppet to the BANKSTER CLASS.

Doubt me?

What do you think the phrase "small enough to drown in the bathtub" means?

The masters (of the GOP and DNC) basically hate this form of government.

What they want is where we're heading...to a corporatist form of government.

Basically, the other word for that is that they are FASCISTS.

The fact that you refer to him only as 'Hussein' speaks volumes.

What does it say?

Besides the fact that you're a stupid fuck? It says you're using his middle name as a pejorative, therefore it's axiomatic that you're blaming the deficit on him.

It'd be no different than if I said "5 trillion under the redneck." No, I didn't spell it out, but rather obvious what's being suggested.

It wasn't 5 trillion under the redneck, what are you talking about? The redneck was horrible, but nothing compared to Hussein.

And you're a little baby. Waah, waah, that's what you've got. You sit there while libs refer to Republicans with endless wild sweeping attacks. I only refer to him as Hussein to make you cry like the little baby you are, it doesn't mean anything.

You know...I hear a lot about how Obama raised the debt and spent more than any other president...blah..blah.. What you NEVER hear is what the 13 trillion was spent on. So let's see if I got this straight. Everything was just fine until Obama got elected..THEN he up and spent a borrowed 13 trillion dollars. Right? What exactly did HE spend all that money on? The health care hasn't kicked in for any serious money yet. Where do you guys that want to pawn this debt off on Obama believe he did with thirteen TRILLION dollars? Did he start some huge war and keep it a secret? Did he spend it in the hood on crack? I suppose he could have let the financial sector completely go bust leaving all stocks worthless. I suppose he could have pulled all our forces out of Iraq and Afghanistan the minute he became president. I mean he wasn't responsible for the Wall Street collapse or getting us into either of those two wars. All that probably accounts for 3 o 4 trillion. What was the debt again when Bush left if Iraq and Afghanistan were on the books? So by far and away the majority of Obamas expenditures was cleaning up after Bush. Or have I missed something?

Oh ya OK..I get it...It is the guy that actually pays the bills that gets blamed for the reckless wars and the financial joy ride when the kids crash the car. I don't like Obama much..but I REALLY hate you lying sacks of shit that get us into unnecessary wars and allow financial ruin..then blame anyone and everyone but your own traitorous fuckwit selves for the consequences.

You know...I hear a lot about how Obama raised the debt and spent more than any other president...blah..blah.. What you NEVER hear is what the 13 trillion was spent on. So let's see if I got this straight. Everything was just fine until Obama got elected..THEN he up and spent a borrowed 13 trillion dollars. Right? What exactly did HE spend all that money on? The health care hasn't kicked in for any serious money yet. Where do you guys that want to pawn this debt off on Obama believe he did with thirteen TRILLION dollars? Did he start some huge war and keep it a secret? Did he spend it in the hood on crack? I suppose he could have let the financial sector completely go bust leaving all stocks worthless. I suppose he could have pulled all our forces out of Iraq and Afghanistan the minute he became president. I mean he wasn't responsible for the Wall Street collapse or getting us into either of those two wars. All that probably accounts for 3 o 4 trillion. What was the debt again when Bush left if Iraq and Afghanistan were on the books? So by far and away the majority of Obamas expenditures was cleaning up after Bush. Or have I missed something?

Oh ya OK..I get it...It is the guy that actually pays the bills that gets blamed for the reckless wars and the financial joy ride when the kids crash the car. I don't like Obama much..but I REALLY hate you lying sacks of shit that get us into unnecessary wars and allow financial ruin..then blame anyone and everyone but your own traitorous fuckwit selves for the consequences.
Okay D okay

In 2007 we where within 150 billion dollars of being even
In 2009 we where within 1.5 trillion dollars of being even

one less war

The wars are on the books, damn I am so tired of that lie

The Bush Deficit, the Clinton Surplus and TARP by Gregory Hilton | The DC World Affairs Blog

The above graph does include spending on Iraq and Afghanistan during the Bush years. While Bush did fund the wars through emergency supplementals (not the regular budget process), that spending did not simply vanish. It is of course included in the numbers above.

Tarp dealt with the financial crash, we got paid back by the way for the items W supported
You Libs really need to do your DD, your making a fool out of your selves

Who said Medicare was insolvent?

Read Ryan's plan and find something specific to whine about.

The Roadmap Plan | A Roadmap for America's Future | The Budget Committee Republicans

Avoidance. Imagine that, thanks for nothing.

Questioning you is avoidance? Damn you ARE stupid!

Your concession is duly noted.

Asking a question in response to a REAL question is avoidance. Or did you miss the fact that I asked some questions of my own??

Your concession is duly noted.

Last edited:
Nightmare? In what way has Iraq been a nightmare?

If you weren't hearing the right showing concern for the deficit, then you weren't listening.

Nice avoidance. I guess you can't answer the question.

You right wingers love to argue that the left was complaining about W's debt but the thing that most were complaining about concerning the debt was the cost of the wars whioch were not included in W's budgets that obama is now putting on the books.

The fact is that yes there were tea partiers years ago but they were a much smaller group and it wasn't until the republican party lost in 08 that the right wingers tried to find a new voice to co opt as they used the tea party to meet their needs. To try and pretend that there was a large group on the right that was vocal about the debt before then is sheer dishonesty.

How is it avoidance to point out the fact that we were, in fact, concerned about the deficit?

The problem is that the FACT is that in REALITY the right as whole wasn't.
A very minute FEW who were part of the tea party BEFORE the right co-opted were concerned about the deficit. The majorty of those who now pretend to be concerned about the deficit were NOT until AFTER obama and the dems won in 08.

I guess I just don't get it. I suppose I see the importance in not being broke, but above all else?

Why didnt they care when bush was in office? Do you have any idea how much he spent and just didnt put it on the books...you know...like the iraq war.

What part of "We did care" is difficult to understand?

Saying it NOW doesn't make it so.

Care to explain and show proof that the right was just as vocal then as they are now??

Where were the tea party demonstrations back when W was president??

Why didnt they care when bush was in office? Do you have any idea how much he spent and just didnt put it on the books...you know...like the iraq war.

What part of "We did care" is difficult to understand?

Exactly.. ZonedOut just chooses to have selective memory... it's easier for him that way... hard to deal with the fact that many MANY conservatives spoke out against Bush's fiscal policies and budgets...

Says the poster who believes something happened when it didn't. LOL You just like avatar make a lot of claims but are lacking in the substance category. So can you explain the explosion of the tea party AFTER obama and dems won and why it didn't happen prior their 08 election victory??
Or would you prefer to continue to rely on your delusional mind as you accuse others of having a selective memory even as you show that you make yours up as you go along?

It only matters to Republicans when they're not in power. True story. :thup:

Dude,

$300 billion under Bush, Left considers it cataclysmic

$1.5 trillion under Hussein the Left considers it the cost of doing business

And you say this? As pathetic as the Republicans are, they got nothing on you.

Pathetic lie indeed.

Don’t Blame Obama for Bush’s 2009 Deficit | Cato @ Liberty

Some critics are lambasting President Obama for record deficits. This is not a productive line of attack, largely because it puts the focus on the wrong variable. America’s fiscal problem is excessive government spending, and deficits are merely a symptom of that underlying disease. Moreover, if deficits are perceived as the problem, that means both spending restraint and higher taxes are solutions. The political class, needless to say, will choose the latter approach 99 percent of the time.

The 2009 fiscal year began October 1, 2008, nearly four months before Obama took office. The budget for the entire fiscal year was largely set in place while Bush was in the White House.

To point out hypocrisy is "childish?" I'm sure if Republicans criticized Democrats for something they do even worse you'd criticize any Democrat who pointed out that it was hypocrisy was being childish as well, right?

Were my facts on the level of debt Democrats reacted to with Bush while being OK with BO childish too? Facts are childish, racist, sexist and homophobic you know...

If your goal is to present your claim of hypocrisy to cover for your own hypocrisy even as you refsue to address your own hypocrisy, yes it is childish.

How can you call budget projections about the deficit that don't include the cost of the wars in them factual?? Seems to me that you are more than happy to ignore the facts that don't bow to your version of the facts.

You may want to Google the word "hypocrisy" since you don't know what it means. It's fair to include the wars, but not including them doesn't mean "hypocrisy."

So holding one person to a specifc standard based on a belief about the projections even as you choose to ignore or leave out vital information that contributed to the deficit while you hold another person to a different standard is not hypocrisy?? Really??

As for the wars, they change the point little. They were no where near the trillion plus that Obama increased the deficit with his spending tsunami.

I keep seing right wingers make this claim about how little the wars cost even though they were not including in bush's numbers but none have substantiated it yet. I wonder why?

What you did was in fact hypocrisy since you're doing what you accuse the Republicans of doing. And your "childish" accusation is just childish, you can't rationally argue your points so you start name calling.

WOW take your own advice and look up hypocrisy and ignorance.
First off let's talk about how you call me childish and then try to criticize me for name calling. Thanks for the blatantly obvious hypocrisy.
Furthermore, you you seem to have no problem questioning the intellgience of others even as you complain about name calling and try to use what you so readily engage in as an excuse to claim others can't argue rationally. So based on how you engage in what you claim to be against doesn't that make you a hypocrite and doesn't it also show based on yuor own standard that you "can't rationally argue your points?"
Thanks again for the blatantly obvious hypocrisy.

Last edited:
So let's see if I got this straight. Everything was just fine until Obama got elected..THEN he up and spent a borrowed 13 trillion dollars. Right?

No, you don't have it straight

The fact that you cut that out of the middle of his post tell him he is wrong when any fool could tell he was being sarcastic and that wasn'ta realy question even as you refuse to respond to the entire content of his posts shows that you have nothing valid to offer.

Forum List

Back