Why does the debt matter so much to Repubs?

I guess I just don't get it. I suppose I see the importance in not being broke, but above all else?

It doesn't. It's a smokescreen. If it did, they wouldn't have created it.

There is no smokescreen here. The debt is one of the biggest issues we are facing right now.

It will become more obvious as the inflation starts taking some serious effect.

So you really have no intention on backing up anything, you just are using a word to stir up emotional support for your position.

So what GOOD came out of Iraq? I'll tell you, absolutely nothing, zero, zip, zilch. So you killed a two-bit dictator who was not a threat in any way to the US, wow (and one that we helped into power in the first place, ironically). Emotional support? Really? Look. At. The. Facts. Ain't no emotion to it.

I guess I just don't get it. I suppose I see the importance in not being broke, but above all else?

It doesn't. It's a smokescreen. If it did, they wouldn't have created it.

Yeah... no consequences, repercussions, negative outcomes, or anything from any actions you take :rolleyes:

Typical pie-eyed liberal

You honestly think that if you ignore it, it just won't cause any issues??

Get out of mommy's basement, throw away the bong, and live in the real world

Debt is slavery, that's why. And a country which is heavily in debt puts its national security at risk.

Debt is slavery, that's why. And a country which is heavily in debt puts its national security at risk.
None of them will ever get it, because its not themselves they're selling into slavery, it's our kids, at some point... down the road. These fools actually think there's a way out of it that doesn't consign an entire generation (maybe two) to working their entire lives to no benefit, all so we can borrow trillions now to no effect.

It only matters to Republicans when they're not in power. True story. :thup:

Dude,

$300 billion under Bush, Left considers it cataclysmic

$1.5 trillion under Hussein the Left considers it the cost of doing business

And you say this? As pathetic as the Republicans are, they got nothing on you.

Anyone elected would be setting records. It's only because it's "Hussein" that you feign outrage.

Dude,

Anyone elected would be setting records. It's only because it's "Hussein" that you feign outrage.

No one is feigning outraged.

Why on earth are you not outraged over this?

Their history shows that it doesn't and that pretty much shows that this current strategy is based purely on political expediency.

They are trying to use a problem that they helped create to push their social agenda.

The same is true of Democrats. But... you know what.... no matter who is in power... IT MATTERS to smart Americans.

So I guess republicans were dumb when they were in power and W was president becuase it didn't matter to them back then and now the same people are in charge of the party. LOL

It leads to inflation, causing an excessive or persistent increase, and a decline in purchasing power. It has already started and we are headed for bankruptcy because of too much spending and borrowing.

And taxcuts are also a part of the problem.

You have a salary provided to you for services rendered and still have to borrow money to try to make ends meet. Oh a whim because you like a small percentage of your customer base because they give some of your employees money you decide to take a voluntary paycut on what this small percetnage of your customer based pays.
Then you complain that you can't afford to provide the same services anymore and yet you try to blame the cost of the services that you provide even as you pretend the paycut you took doesn't matter.

It's pretty obvious that less money coming in when you are already in debt isn't going to help you pay the bills.

Dude,

OK, I'm outraged only because it's "Hussein?" If that' why I'm outraged now, why was I outraged at W for his deficits? What I said was he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and had no grasp the money he was spending was earned by someone. Since you're the amateur psychiatrist, what was the real reason? This should be good...

:popcorn:

Simple. Because there is a Democrat in the White House. The debt increases under Bush didn't bother them, nor did the debt increases under Reagan.
Standard regurgitated partisan pablum. Both Presidents you mentioned took heavy losses in the off-year congressional elections - because the electorate didn't like what they were seeing in the fiscal realm.

WOW you called it, your post is "Standard regurgitated partisan pablum."

Thanks for the warning.

Dude,

OK, I'm outraged only because it's "Hussein?" If that' why I'm outraged now, why was I outraged at W for his deficits? What I said was he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and had no grasp the money he was spending was earned by someone. Since you're the amateur psychiatrist, what was the real reason? This should be good...

The fact that you refer to him only as 'Hussein' speaks volumes.

Dude,

No one is feigning outraged.

Why on earth are you not outraged over this?

I'm exactly as outraged as I'd be if McCain had been elected, and the deficit was roughly the same, which it would have been. Outraged at the shitty decisions that led to this debacle.

You clearly do not understand the ramifications of our Debt. Which are may, from possibly losing our A1 rating, to the nearly half a trillion dollars in Interest a year we pay on it. Down ward pressure on the value of the dollar. The list goes on and on.

If you do not see a problem, then you lack a grasp of our economy as a whole.

The fact that you refer to him only as 'Hussein' speaks volumes.

What does it say?

What happens when your intrest payments exceed your ability to pay?

Your debt explodes and bad things happen to you.

What happens when the countries intrest payments exceed it's ability to pay?

Out debt explodes and really bad things happen to everone in the country, and now that we are so interlink throughout the world, bad things happen everywhere.

What happens when you fail to pay because you took a voluntary pay cut in an attempt to appease a small percentage of your customer base when they continue to do everything they can to avoid paying you for services rendered even as they enjoy the benefits of being your customer??

Your debt explodes and bad things happen to you.

What happens when the country can't pay because it gives taxcuts to a small percentage of the population in an attempt to appease them when they take their offices overseas and exploit every loophole to avoid paying taxes even as they enjoy the benefits of being an American company/citizen??

Our debt explodes and really bad things happen to everone in the country, and now that we are so interlink throughout the world, bad things happen everywhere.

Forum List

Back