Why does the debt matter so much to Repubs?

Right up until Bush Jr the debt was managable.

It's not anymore and it's nearing a catastophic point.

What I don't get, is the people that praised clinton avoid things he did to get this phantom surplus like the friggin plague.

I wonder what W's budget projections would have looked like IF he had incldued the costs of the wars in them??

How "manageable" would they have been then??

Why wonder, we know how much the wars are and were costing. about 135 Billion a year for Both. Add that to bushes budgets and projections and you still have a number almost HALF of what obama has given us.

You libs love to talk about the cost of the wars, but seem to want to overstate just how much they were.

Got a link??

Uh you do realize that ryan's plan does nothing to medicare in the immediate and won't address it until AFTER the current 55 and older baby boomers retire. So if medicare is so insolvent why does he address it NOW??

How will punting the ball and passing on the baby boomers medicare costs to the next generation solve anything??

Who said Medicare was insolvent?

Read Ryan's plan and find something specific to whine about.

The Roadmap Plan | A Roadmap for America's Future | The Budget Committee Republicans

Avoidance. Imagine that, thanks for nothing.

Questioning you is avoidance? Damn you ARE stupid!

Your concession is duly noted.

Because a Dem is in the WH and still controlls the senate.

It was not an issue when Reagan or Bush did it.

Reagan nor Bush amassed this much debt in so short of time.

Reagan either doubled or tripled the debt and bush doubled it or very nearly so.
About 780 billion of the new debt is due to Bush's pill bill and about 1 trillion is due to the wars he started.
Wars he finianced off the budget.

Again, WHERE were you when Bush lied us into the trillion dollar nightmare that is Iraq - that we anti-war types were screaming so vehemently against (and rightly so)? We heard NO arguments - not a sound whatsoever but from the right; only saber rattling and people making tasteless Iraqi jokes. Seriously. We heard NOTHING from the right about concern for the deficit... NOT AN EFFING PEEP during the whole Bush debacle, and then suddenly in 2009... OMG THE DEFICIT! HOLY SHIT!!! I really do wish someone would be brave enough (or honest) enough to answer this question...

Nightmare? In what way has Iraq been a nightmare?

If you weren't hearing the right showing concern for the deficit, then you weren't listening.

Nice avoidance. I guess you can't answer the question.

You right wingers love to argue that the left was complaining about W's debt but the thing that most were complaining about concerning the debt was the cost of the wars whioch were not included in W's budgets that obama is now putting on the books.

The fact is that yes there were tea partiers years ago but they were a much smaller group and it wasn't until the republican party lost in 08 that the right wingers tried to find a new voice to co opt as they used the tea party to meet their needs. To try and pretend that there was a large group on the right that was vocal about the debt before then is sheer dishonesty.

How is it avoidance to point out the fact that we were, in fact, concerned about the deficit?

Reagan and GWB created over 25 million jobs and had a deficit of the same with 16 years, 2 wars, 6 major hurricanes (Katrina over 100 billion), 3 recessions, 2 stock market crashes and 9-11 and 10% UE in 82

that Obama had in 2 years
thats 4 trillion dollars

are you kidding me?
The same issue?

Anyone elected would be setting records. It's only because it's "Hussein" that you feign outrage.

No one is feigning outraged.

Why on earth are you not outraged over this?

I'm exactly as outraged as I'd be if McCain had been elected, and the deficit was roughly the same, which it would have been. Outraged at the shitty decisions that led to this debacle.

Yep Reagan took the reins from Carter whom some call the worst president ever.
And yet the total debt was about 700 billion at that time. Reagan cut taxes for many (not all) and what doubled the debt? Pappy Bush did his part. It actually grew at a slower rate during Clowntoons tenure and then sonny Bush came in and ran it up to around 10 trillion.

If you had any idea what we have to spend on the interest payments alone you would not be asking this question.
Oh wait the Summer of recovery is almost ready to kick in....
The Summer of 2010 that is...that bad boy never showed up now did it.

Last edited:

Reagan and GWB created over 25 million jobs and had a deficit of the same with 16 years, 2 wars, 6 major hurricanes (Katrina over 100 billion), 3 recessions, 2 stock market crashes and 9-11 and 10% UE in 82

thats 4 trillion dollars

are you kidding me?
The same issue?

Look enough is enough First Reagan is the best president we have had in the 20th century. Now, with that said Reagan Bush Clinton Carter or any one from the government cannot create one damn thing. The government does not create anything. Reagan just got out of the way of the private sector and the economy boomed.

thats 4 trillion dollars

are you kidding me?
The same issue?

Do you realize that the stock market was net DOWN for the 8 years of Bush? 8 years of NO gain.

If you had any idea what we have to spend on the interest payments alone you would not be asking this question.
Oh wait the Summer of recovery is almost ready to kick in....
The Summer of 2010 that is...that bad boy never showed up now did it.

According to the right wingers this was all going to be over before the 2008 elections.
Has everyone forgotten that?
Just a little adjustment 6 months tops.

thats 4 trillion dollars

are you kidding me?
The same issue?

Do you realize that the stock market was net DOWN for the 8 years of Bush? 8 years of NO gain.
Naah he obviously watches Fox.

I guess I just don't get it. I suppose I see the importance in not being broke, but above all else?

Why didnt they care when bush was in office? Do you have any idea how much he spent and just didnt put it on the books...you know...like the iraq war.

I guess I just don't get it. I suppose I see the importance in not being broke, but above all else?

Why didnt they care when bush was in office? Do you have any idea how much he spent and just didnt put it on the books...you know...like the iraq war.

What part of "We did care" is difficult to understand?

Exactly.. ZonedOut just chooses to have selective memory... it's easier for him that way... hard to deal with the fact that many MANY conservatives spoke out against Bush's fiscal policies and budgets...

What part of "We did care" is difficult to understand?

Exactly.. ZonedOut just chooses to have selective memory... it's easier for him that way... hard to deal with the fact that many MANY conservatives spoke out against Bush's fiscal policies and budgets...

Yeah that speaking out started about halfway thru his second term.

Nightmare? In what way has Iraq been a nightmare?

If you weren't hearing the right showing concern for the deficit, then you weren't listening.

Nice avoidance. I guess you can't answer the question.

You right wingers love to argue that the left was complaining about W's debt but the thing that most were complaining about concerning the debt was the cost of the wars whioch were not included in W's budgets that obama is now putting on the books.

The fact is that yes there were tea partiers years ago but they were a much smaller group and it wasn't until the republican party lost in 08 that the right wingers tried to find a new voice to co opt as they used the tea party to meet their needs. To try and pretend that there was a large group on the right that was vocal about the debt before then is sheer dishonesty.

How is it avoidance to point out the fact that we were, in fact, concerned about the deficit?

Unless you can prove you ( and whoever you're claiming to speak for with that 'we') that you were concerned about the deficit,

your baseless assertion is of no value.

Because I can assert that wherever I happened to be posting from 2004 to 2009 there was very little expressed concern about the deficit by the Right, with only the usual exceptions to the rule, the Paulbots and a handful of other deficit hawks on the right.

So you clowns can all claim to have remarkably been the exceptions to the rule back then,

now prove it.

Forum List

Back