Why does someone want an AR-15

I understand wanting guns for hunting or protection.
I know enough about guns that an AR-15 is not the best gun for hunting or protection.

Again, your understanding is neither required nor relevant.
You are telling me you can not explain why anyone wants an AR-15.
It is a gun that requires absolute no skill to kill animals and humans with the greatest chance of collateral damage.

No, they're telling you it none of your business why they want/need an AR-15.
I will share with you why I want one.... I want one for home defense.

And because I can

Rights assured to me by the 2nd

Now Joe Biden me and tell me to get a shot gun and shoot through the door....
If you use the gun for personal defense, I assume you do not keep it locked up so you have easy access.

Depends on the gun and the defensive situation. I keep my M1911 .45ACP locked up, and it is my "go to" home defense gun.

I know enough about guns that an AR-15 is not the best gun for hunting or protection.

It is a gun that requires absolute no skill to kill animals and humans with the greatest chance of collateral damage.
How can a relatively low powered rifle do the most collateral damage? Could be that you just don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.

Here's an AR-15 round compared to a typical hunting round, the 30-06, which are available in semi auto as well.

223-30-061.jpg

AR is on the left like you.
The automatic feature has provided collateral damage in many cases
They are not automatic liar. Semi automatic. You knew that you are just a scum liar alike regressive sobs.

They are people that are insecure inside. Like gang members you put a gun in their hand and they feel strong and tough. Like they finally feel like equals to everyone else.
Yeah it's kinda like how God feels when he holds an AR-15.

Who are you to judge? A well-built AR-15 may just would be better for hunting than an older mini-14 chambered in .223.

I know this much.
The following is what Supreme Court Judge Scalia had to say about the second ammendment.
Scalia clearly stated in (District of Columbia vs) Heller that the right to bear arms had boundaries. “Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited,” he wrote. “It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.” For example, he cited laws that prohibit the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or that forbid them in places such as schools and government buildings, or impose conditions on their sale.
I agree. I should not be allowed to own a howitzer.

They are people that are insecure inside. Like gang members you put a gun in their hand and they feel strong and tough. Like they finally feel like equals to everyone else.

Or
We are at an age where we realize our own diminished capabilities in being able to physically defend what is ours.
It happens, people get older... and sometimes wiser.

And because I can

If you use the gun for personal defense, I assume you do not keep it locked up so you have easy access.
Only an imbecile would lock up a gun they rely on. So your guns are all locked up?
Your AR-15 is not locked up and available to you and anyone else who comes upon it.
I do not rely on guns for my personal safety and I feel very safe.
How would that work? I don't allow just anyone to walk in the house ya know. And the guy who did stopped at the door. He was in danger.

(Now wait and watch everyones as he searches my posts for the one proving I do let anyone in) lol

How can a relatively low powered rifle do the most collateral damage? Could be that you just don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.

Here's an AR-15 round compared to a typical hunting round, the 30-06, which are available in semi auto as well.

223-30-061.jpg

They are not automatic liar. Semi automatic. You knew that you are just a scum liar alike regressive sobs.

Yeah it's kinda like how God feels when he holds an AR-15.
Like a dork when he knows there are better rifles out there?

And because I can

Only an imbecile would lock up a gun they rely on. So your guns are all locked up?

Not true. My M1911 is in a lockbox. The biometric lock lets me access it quickly. I've opened the box hundreds of times and never had a failure.

223-30-061.jpg

"Automatic feature"? What is that?

Why would it take anymore or less skill to shoot?

I'd give the anti-gun leftists here an AR-15 or AK47 and I get my .22 for a 100 yard shootout, baby!

I'd win.

And because I can

Your AR-15 is not locked up and available to you and anyone else who comes upon it.
Karma will get you for that statement.

No, they're telling you it none of your business why

I don’t want or own a gun, I don’t care if you want to own a gun, that is your business.

And because I can

Not true. My M1911 is in a lockbox. The biometric lock lets me access it quickly. I've opened the box hundreds of times and never had a failure.
I don't rely on things like that not to fail. Sorry.

I'd give the anti-gun leftists here an AR-15 and I get my .22 for a 100 yard shootout, baby!

I'd win.
Just don’t give Them an American flag on a pole at 50 yards. It would be a flaming spear at your chest in a matter of seconds.

Who are you to judge? A well-built AR-15 may just would be better for hunting than an older mini-14 chambered in .223.

I know this much.
The following is what Supreme Court Judge Scalia had to say about the second ammendment.
Scalia clearly stated in (District of Columbia vs) Heller that the right to bear arms had boundaries. “Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited,” he wrote. “It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.” For example, he cited laws that prohibit the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or that forbid them in places such as schools and government buildings, or impose conditions on their sale.

And that same decision also said "the Second Amendment protects an individual's right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home".

"It is a gun that requires absolute no skill to kill animals and humans with the greatest chance of collateral damage"???? WTF? No skill? Maybe at point blank range. But then, any firearm can do that. Tell you what. How about we meet at a range. I'll borrow and AR for you to shoot. I'll bring a lever action rifle in .44 Magnum. We will see who will be the first to hit 10 soda cans at 100 yards, shooting offhand. I'll bet you'd change you mind about the "absolutely no skill" requirement.

And there are numerous calibers that will do far more collateral damage.
It is the automatic feature that provides the ability for any idiot to spray an area without much skill and do huge damage.
The first restictive gun laws were placed on machine guns for that reason.
None of these school shooters were trained marksman and their weapon of choice is a semi-automatic or automatic weapon to do as much damage as possible in a short amount of time with no skill.

And because I can

I don’t own a gun either and I feel safe, however my opinion is just mine and others have a right to have a different opinion.

I am concerned about the mentality of those that cause these mass shootings, we have a big issue and the easy answer and wrong answer is to blame a gun. Let’s tackle the cause and not the symptom.

Forum List

Back