Why does someone want an AR-15

Last edited:
I understand wanting guns for hunting or protection.
I know enough about guns that an AR-15 is not the best gun for hunting or protection.

I had one some years ago. I used it for hunting coyote. The recoil was low enough and the rifle accurate enough to occasionally get 2 coyote to one call.

They are also a lot of fun to shoot.

I know enough about guns that an AR-15 is not the best gun for hunting or protection.

Again, your understanding is neither required nor relevant.
You are telling me you can not explain why anyone wants an AR-15.
It is a gun that requires absolute no skill to kill animals and humans with the greatest chance of collateral damage.

I had one some years ago. I used it for hunting coyote. The recoil was low enough and the rifle accurate enough to occasionally get 2 coyote to one call.

I appreciate your answer. It sounds like a reasonable use for the gun. I personally feel the negatives out weigh the positives.
But again, I appreciate a sincere answer.

Why did Rosa Parks want to sit in the front of the bus? To understand how someone else wants to exercise their rights is not necessary for them to lawfully exercise them.

It is a gun that requires absolute no skill to kill animals and humans with the greatest chance of collateral damage.
Why do so many people want to own a Ferrari?
Or a Rolex. Or anything? Answer is: NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS!!!!!!!!
It's called basic human nature.

No, they're telling you it none of your business why they want/need an AR-15.
I will share with you why I want one.... I want one for home defense.

And because I can

Rights assured to me by the 2nd

Now Joe Biden me and tell me to get a shot gun and shoot through the door....

The gun control PR push is off the scale right now, a sure sign we're being lied to and misled.

What did Jews in Germany learn about gun control last century?
What does Australia, UK and Canada tell us about gun control in the 21st century?

As I said in an almost identical thread from a different OP

Your ignorance and lack of understanding has no bearing on what arms we may want or need, nor on our right to keep and bear them.
You have provided an ignorant response.
People who are not ignorant give an honest answer of what they use an AR-15 for.
I am guessing because you are a convicted felon or mentally unstable you do not own any guns including an AR15.

Ignorance and falsehood is not an argument. It's just ignorance and falsehood.

How can a relatively low powered rifle do the most collateral damage? Could be that you just don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.

Here's an AR-15 round compared to a typical hunting round, the 30-06, which are available in semi auto as well.

223-30-061.jpg

AR is on the left like you.

I appreciate your answer. It sounds like a reasonable use for the gun. I personally feel the negatives out weigh the positives.
But again, I appreciate a sincere answer.

Thank you. But, as others have pointed out, we should not have to justify our rights. No one asks if you NEED to say something, when discussing 1st amendment rights.

But the opposition has continued to claim that ARs are never used for hunting, when that is absolutely wrong.

No, they're telling you it none of your business why they want/need an AR-15.
I will share with you why I want one.... I want one for home defense.

And because I can

Rights assured to me by the 2nd

Now Joe Biden me and tell me to get a shot gun and shoot through the door....
If you use the gun for personal defense, I assume you do not keep it locked up so you have easy access.

The gun control PR push is off the scale right now, a sure sign we're being lied to and misled.

What did Jews in Germany learn about gun control last century?
What does Australia, UK and Canada tell us about gun control in the 21st century?

As I said in an almost identical thread from a different OP

Your ignorance and lack of understanding has no bearing on what arms we may want or need, nor on our right to keep and bear them.
You have provided an ignorant response.
People who are not ignorant give an honest answer of what they use an AR-15 for.
I am guessing because you are a convicted felon or mentally unstable you do not own any guns including an AR15.

I’m guessing you are a mentally ill control freak that thinks he has a right to control and approve others actions.

New Topics

Forum List

Back