Why do you think beck's rally was a neagtive thing?

What was the biggest reason Beck's rally was bad for America?

• It was meant to bring Americans together, and that's bad.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It supported the children of fallen veterans, and that's bad.

• It was about returning to founding principles, and that's bad.

• It advocated tolerance and love for God, and that's bad.

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • It had military veterans as speakers, and that's bad.

• It advocated the importance of charity and kindness, and that's bad

• It advocated liberty, and that's bad.

• All of the Above.

• I support Beck's message at this rally.

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • I didn't watch the rally, but nothing Beck could say can be good because I am an ignorant moron.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think there was some positive things that occurred as a result of the rally that Glenn Beck held. But, and overwhelmingly, what was negative about it is Glenn Beck's agenda of theocracy or, if not Christian theocracy, then Christianity as the first among all other religions or the official religion in a country of religious freedom. For people who don't believe, like me, its a threat. Christianity, by its very nature, is a way of life pushed onto others by those who believe. Many Christians believe, judge and treat those who don't believe as inferior. Its a step in the direction of religious intolerance. We already see it with the nontroversy of the "Ground Zero" Islamic community center. Religious intolerance. The very thing the Pilgrims came here to escape. It kills me that the Right wants to strictly keep the principles of the Founding Fathers except religious tolerance, one of the most important tenets of the Constitution and the philosophy behind the founding of this country.

I also think that this was something that Beck used to benefit his career, his cult of personality, and, in the long run, his financial gain. I applaud someone standing up for his or her beliefs, hell, I did when I enlisted in the USMC. I don't think Glenn Beck is a bad person, but I think what he does negatively effects those who aren't part of his cult or the Christian Right.

so to recap:

Beck doesn't like the COTUS because he exercised HIS first amendment rights? Shut up Christian hater.

This belongs in the Flame Zone as it represents extreme ignorance. Comment is closed.

"We do not usually look for allies when we love. Indeed, we often look on those who love with us as rivals and trespassers. But we always look for allies when we hate." Eric Hoffer

so to recap:

Beck doesn't like the COTUS because he exercised HIS first amendment rights? Shut up Christian hater.

I didn't say any of those things.

What I said is Beck is intolerant of Islam, and so are many Americans, not just Christians, but to stage this during the "I Have A Dream" Speech anniversary, a speech about tolerance, and then have the rally actually be about returning the US to God and not about tolerance... doesn't that seem sort of backwards?

The Christian Right wants tolerance when they themselves aren't tolerant of other religions, such as Islam. Glenn Beck has likened aetheists and agnostics to people who undermine the Constitution because, in his words, "if there is no God, then who gave you rights?"

For an agnostic, as I am, those are some scary thoughts. Threatening, even. For someone who isn't Christian, Glenn Beck gets a lot of attention and support for ideas or beliefs which, if left unchecked, could turn the US into a Christian theocracy, if an unofficial one - where religious freedom may be upheld, and a guise of equality, but Christianity is the "official" religion, and more equal than other systems of belief.

Christianity is, without a doubt, the most influential and powerful religion in the world, especially in this country, and for Christians to want to take this country, the one founded on religious tolerance and freedom, back and make it a Christian nation or a nation based on Christian values sounds more than vaguely threatening.

I don't hate Christians. I know some really great Christians, and I know of many Christians I think are heroes and great human beings. But I want to share this country with them, or should I say, I want them to share this country with me, someone who isn't Christian.

This belongs in the Flame Zone as it represents extreme ignorance. Comment is closed.

"We do not usually look for allies when we love. Indeed, we often look on those who love with us as rivals and trespassers. But we always look for allies when we hate." Eric Hoffer

your whole life is a giant flame. how about you be the first to answer the question presented?

LAFOLAFKLASFKLAlLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really, how about you try answering the question instead? What did beck say that was bad for america at today's rally?

Glenn Beck and the rest of you sheep think America has lost her honor, why? I'm very curious as to what honor you are restoring and what honor was supposedly lost in the first place.

maybe you should ask obama's wife....

Really, how about you try answering the question instead? What did beck say that was bad for america at today's rally?

Glenn Beck and the rest of you sheep think America has lost her honor, why? I'm very curious as to what honor you are restoring and what honor was supposedly lost in the first place.

zing. XD

February 18th, 2008:

Michelle Obama: "For the First Time in My Adult Lifetime, I'm Really Proud of My Country"

And why did she state that? The United States had plenty to be PROUD OF...why did she say that?

March 5th, 2008:

Michelle Obama: America is ‘Just Downright Mean’

And what was the purpose of this statement?

I don't think Beck can bring America together. When he stops spewing hate, I will listen to him.
u r brave.

President Obama has "a deep seeded hatred of white people or white culture." - glennbeck

"I'm not saying he (Pres. Obama) doesn't like white people. He has a problem. This guy, I believe, is a racist." - glennbeck, 30 seconds later

"I think the President is a racist" - glennbeck, the very next day

"(Calling Obama a racist) was an ignorant comment because now that I really understand how he grew up, where he grew up, what his influences were, it is more of a liberation theology kind of attitude that he has that I immediately interpreted, because I did not understand him. I think his attitude is more like Bill Ayers, that America is an oppressor, and I just didn't understand it." - glennbeck a year later, on the verge of "restoring honor" to our country
Glenn Beck is the biggest race hustler in American history.

The amount of partisan crap spewing idiocy that YOU have is beyond measure Liberty.

You are one of the more stupid fucks on here, and as far as your screwed up poll, it, like FAUX Noise, is slanted definitely in support of the right with NO OPPOSING VIEWS.

Slanted polls, slanted rhetoric, and listening to Beck. No wonder you're so stupid.
Its the RepubliCON way.

From those poll options, sounds like someone's smitten. You never forget your first demagogue. Enjoy it, this is a formative time in your political life.
Homey has a mancrush on the mangina Beck.

I think there was some positive things that occurred as a result of the rally that Glenn Beck held. But, and overwhelmingly, what was negative about it is Glenn Beck's agenda of theocracy or, if not Christian theocracy, then Christianity as the first among all other religions or the official religion in a country of religious freedom. For people who don't believe, like me, its a threat. Christianity, by its very nature, is a way of life pushed onto others by those who believe. Many Christians believe, judge and treat those who don't believe as inferior. Its a step in the direction of religious intolerance. We already see it with the nontroversy of the "Ground Zero" Islamic community center. Religious intolerance. The very thing the Pilgrims came here to escape. It kills me that the Right wants to strictly keep the principles of the Founding Fathers except religious tolerance, one of the most important tenets of the Constitution and the philosophy behind the founding of this country.

I also think that this was something that Beck used to benefit his career, his cult of personality, and, in the long run, his financial gain. I applaud someone standing up for his or her beliefs, hell, I did when I enlisted in the USMC. I don't think Glenn Beck is a bad person, but I think what he does negatively effects those who aren't part of his cult or the Christian Right.
Spot on!

Hey fuckwad.....you haven't been in the military yet, so your fucked up attacks on people who call you out on it is perfectly legit.

I don't give a fuck what your family members did in the military, unless I'm talking to them, and guess what idiot, THEIR service is THEIR honor, not yours, so quit trying to be a bottom feeder that uses the glory of their relatives to prove their worth.

Like I said, serve a full term and then get back to me because you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, right now, it's just theory to you without any practical applications.

But.....to tell you the truth, I don't think you'd make it even half way through.

Good luck on that.....really.

YOU SIR...are OUT OF LINE. I have SERVED and have no problem with Liberty.

*I* am here to tell *YOU* to STEP OFF and NOW.

Fuck off asshole....I've got 20 years service to this country that encompassed my whole adult life.

Until the fucker actually enlists and serves on his first duty station, he's just a wanna be.

What did you do, serve one term, decide it was too hard and left?

Fuck off T.
One term or several terms, it really doesn't matter. Serving is serving.

Come on Biker, knock off attacking other posters service. T has just as much right to be proud as you or I.

I've seen a lot of fail threads, but this one may trump all. Every poll response was a smarm-based con man talking point. Not an honest, balanced poll at all.

Glenn Beck is and effeminate, pretentious, dishonest windbag who cries fake tears like a grade school girl for dramatic affect. He's a fear-monger, who can't analyze data, and blames all the ills of the world on people "different" from him. He's hijacked the libertarian movement and mutated it into, essentially, a new name for conservativism. Sorta like how Blackwater had to change their name to Xe when the connotation became so dank and pungent.

This country is very sick after 30 years of corporate presidents. But Beck is a fraud, and the fact that so many losers follow this clown's every word is a sad testimony of how uninformed and void of critical thinking parts of this reality TV nation has become.

Last edited:
I've seen a lot of fail threads, but this one may trump all. Every poll response was a smarm-based con man talking point. Not an honest, balanced poll at all.

Glenn Beck is and effeminate, pretentious, dishonest windbag who cries fake tears like a grade school girl for dramatic affect. He's a fear-monger, who can't analyze data, and blames all the ills of the world on people "different" from him. He's hijacked the libertarian movement and mutated it into, essentially, a new name for conservativism. Sorta like how Blackwater had to change their name to Xe when the connotation became so dank and pungent.

This country is very sick after 30 years of corporate presidents. But Beck is a fraud, and the fact that so many losers follow this clown's every word is a sad testimony of how uninformed and void of critical thinking parts of this reality TV nation has become.

hey asshole, you can ad hominem all you want but if you can't critique the MESSAGE of the rally, and all you have are personal attacks, why cant you just admit that the rally had a good message? This poll LITERALLY covers all possible opinions on beck's rally, NEGATING immature personal attacks that just make the one attacking look ignorant.

hey asshole, you can ad hominem all you want

You see the irony here, yes? :clap2:

but if you can't critique the MESSAGE of the rally,

I can, and did.

and all you have are personal attacks,

I have far more in my arsenal, but you should take your own advice.

why cant you just admit that the rally had a good message?

Because nothing about the fraud that is goofy Glenn Beck is a "good message."

This poll LITERALLY covers all possible opinions on beck's rally,

No, it most certainly doesn't.

If Nancy Pelosi gave a "good message", you'd be losing your mind trying to put her character into proper perspective. And with good reason. The same holds true for an effeminate, neo-racist fraud like goofy Glenn Beck.

ok jiggs, what problem did you have with the rally's message exactly?

you mean besides that he promised "a miracle?"

Beck's entire M.O. is to portray progressive America as "the enemy." This latest congregation of flag-draped, privatize-everything class dividers was no different. Where was his outrage when the good white boy from Texas was doing the exact same things Obama has been doing? He's privatizing gains and socializing losses, just like idiot before him. He's perpetuating war and condoning torture, just like the idiot before him. ... Bush got a pass and endless spin and excuse making, but Obama apparently does not. Can you guess why? I sure can.

Beck is an utter fraud who picked up the "libertarian" baton only when there was a market for it for the segregation party. Before that, he wanted dissent crushed.

What kind of f-ing "libertarian" is in favor of the endless occupation of sovereign nations based on complete fraud? His hysterical message is utterly compromised at its core.

Oh, and he's pretentious, flamboyant, and amusingly effeminate.

ok jiggs, what problem did you have with the rally's message exactly?

you mean besides that he promised "a miracle?"

Beck's entire M.O. is to portray progressive America as "the enemy." This latest congregation of flag-draped, privatize-everything class dividers was no different. Where was his outrage when the good white boy from Texas was doing the exact same things Obama has been doing? He's privatizing gains and socializing losses, just like idiot before him. He's perpetuating war and condoning torture, just like the idiot before him. ... Bush got a pass and endless spin and excuse making, but Obama apparently does not. Can you guess why? I sure can.

Beck is an utter fraud who picked up the "libertarian" baton only when there was a market for it for the segregation party. Before that, he wanted dissent crushed.

What kind of f-ing "libertarian" is in favor of the endless occupation of sovereign nations based on complete fraud? His hysterical message is utterly compromised at its core.

Oh, and he's pretentious, flamboyant, and amusingly effeminate.

can you back up your statements with quotes from the rally?

Fuck off asshole....I've got 20 years service to this country that encompassed my whole adult life.

Until the fucker actually enlists and serves on his first duty station, he's just a wanna be.

Fuck off T.
You don't have the right to disparage anyone's honorable service. Knock it off.

Fuck off T.
You don't have the right to disparage anyone's honorable service. Knock it off.

Hey cocksucker, have you seen his DD 214?

Forum List

Back