why do you sin/free will

so--free will is not total--these human problems affect it
Ah. So you are arguing victim-hood?

I believe my sin is through my fault. Once again, I'll state it comes down to what thoughts we choose to entertain. For example, when I am in a bad mood, and I am driving, I may not be as patient as I normally am. If I begin acting rudely towards others on the road, I can always remonstrate with myself, knowing I can behave better.

What works best is to be a courteous driver every time I am behind the wheel. Making that choice often helps me when "human problems" float to the surface. Do I succeed every time? No. Only mostly. My choice to decide I am going to be courteous on the road, and that choice usually wins out. The same is true of any other sin. The decision and then the practice to act in a certain way.

No one shows up for a Marathon or a prize winning wrestling match without practice. The same is true for temptation. Decide what you want to do about it, then practice doing it.

I believe my sin is through my fault. Once again, I'll state it comes down to what thoughts we choose to entertain. For example, when I am in a bad mood, and I am driving, I may not be as patient as I normally am. If I begin acting rudely towards others on the road, I can always remonstrate with myself, knowing I can behave better.

What works best is to be a courteous driver every time I am behind the wheel. Making that choice often helps me when "human problems" float to the surface. Do I succeed every time? No. Only mostly. My choice to decide I am going to be courteous on the road, and that choice usually wins out. The same is true of any other sin. The decision and then the practice to act in a certain way.

No one shows up for a Marathon or a prize winning wrestling match without practice. The same is true for temptation. Decide what you want to do about it, then practice doing it.
????victim hood????!!what???
you just said it---tiredness----humans get tired and this affects ''choosing''
so free will--according you--is not total--human problems affect it
marathon, etc is not even close to a comparison

you also said ''frustration'''
yes--all NATURAL human emotions/etc

harmonica is channeling Borat if you get my drift.

Not what I said. Emotions affect behavior. This does not mean that we cannot remonstrate with ourselves when we notice our own bad behavior. I was tying this back into our choice of thoughts affects what we say, how we act, our character, and our destiny. Proverbs notes that our thoughts determines our path or road.

The more we "work out" the more we are able to carry on despite bad days.

Not what I said. Emotions affect behavior. This does not mean that we cannot remonstrate with ourselves when we notice our own bad behavior. I was tying this back into our choice of thoughts affects what we say, how we act, our character, and our destiny. Proverbs notes that our thoughts determines our path or road.

hree things that factor into not caring: Tiredness, bad mood, frustration.
you said it --this ''factors'' in
fac·tor
/ˈfaktər/
noun
  1. 1.
    a circumstance, fact, or influence that contributes to a result or outcome.
    "his legal problems were not a factor in his decision"
    synonyms: element, part, component, ingredient, strand, constituent, point, detail, item, feature, facet, aspect, characteristic, consideration, influence, circumstance
    "this had been a key factor in his decision to withdraw"

2. 2.
    a number or quantity that when multiplied with another produces a given number or expression.
  3. verb
  1. 1.
    MATHEMATICS
    another term for factorize.
....ok, why don't you just say no to sin?? ---because you are tired? you said tiredness affects choosing

fac·tor
/ˈfaktər/
noun
  1. 1.
    synonyms: element, part, component, ingredient, strand, constituent, point, detail, item, feature, facet, aspect, characteristic, consideration, influence, circumstance
  2. 2.
    a number or quantity that when multiplied with another produces a given number or expression.
  3. verb
  1. 1.
    MATHEMATICS
....ok, why don't you just say no to sin?? ---because you are tired? you said tiredness affects choosing
Sin is anything which distances us from God. We distance ourselves from God because while we are not all bad, we are not all good. It's our human nature. You understand nature?

fac·tor
/ˈfaktər/
noun
  1. 1.
  2. 2.
  3. verb
  1. 1.
    MATHEMATICS
Sin is anything which distances us from God. We distance ourselves from God because while we are not all bad, we are not all good. It's our human nature. You understand nature?
that's fine
but why do YOU choose sin if you know it is wrong?
or why did god MAKE us to sin?-- [which is the truth--every body sins--we are MADE to sin ]

fac·tor
/ˈfaktər/
noun
  1. 1.
  2. 2.
  3. verb
  1. 1.
    MATHEMATICS
that's fine
or why did god MAKE us to sin?-- [which is the truth--every body sins--we are MADE to sin ]
Same reason because it is natural.

Because you can't make someone be virtuous for virtuous to have any meaning. He expects certain outcomes under certain conditions.

Please go back to Post #63 and read what I actually said:
Once again, I'll state the bottom line comes down to what thoughts we choose to entertain.

It comes down to thoughts and implementing said thoughts. The more we practice/exercise, the better we become at following through with who we want to be or become. Can a runner run as fast and as far when he is tired? Not usually. Nor can a person always be the best version of himself when he is tired. But the runner/person who practices and consistently exercises can still be better than the one who does not. Even when they are tired.

This is not difficult to comprehend.

fac·tor
/ˈfaktər/
noun
  1. 1.
  2. 2.
  3. verb
  1. 1.
    MATHEMATICS
that's fine

Because you can't make someone be virtuous for virtuous to have any meaning. He expects certain outcomes under certain conditions.
you do not say no to sin because it is natural?
it really seems ridiculous that god would make us to sin, but then make sinning wrong

fac·tor
/ˈfaktər/
noun
  1. 1.
  2. 2.
  3. verb
  1. 1.
    MATHEMATICS
that's fine

it really seems ridiculous that god would make us to sin, but then make sinning wrong
No. You got that wrong. Try again because I don't want to venture a guess as to what you fucked up. It would just complicate the very simple and very easy to follow responses I have already made.

Please go back to Post #63 and read what I actually said:
Once again, I'll state the bottom line comes down to what thoughts we choose to entertain.

It comes down to thoughts and implementing said thoughts. The more we practice/exercise, the better we become at following through with who we want to be or become. Can a runner run as fast and as far when he is tired? Not usually. Nor can a person always be the best version of himself when he is tired. But the runner/person who practices and consistently exercises can still be better than the one who does not. Even when they are tired.

This is not difficult to comprehend.
the runner comparison is not a comparison
why do we need to practice not sinning if there is free will?
so we naturally sin [ naturally
can still be better than the one who does not.
because we have to PRACTICE to not sin = sinning is natural
verb
  1. 1.
    perform (an activity) or exercise (a skill) repeatedly or regularly in order to improve or maintain one's proficiency.
not sinning is not natural = no free will
...you just pointed out sinning is natural because you said we have to practice at not sinning

fac·tor
/ˈfaktər/
noun
  1. 1.
  2. 2.
  3. verb
  1. 1.
    MATHEMATICS
that's fine

No. You got that wrong. Try again because I don't want to venture a guess as to what you fucked up. It would just complicate the very simple and very easy to follow responses I have already made.
sounds like you are sinning = foul language/angry/etc

Good replies, Meriweather. So true that it starts with our thoughts…

Which is why I think what we put into our minds is really important. But that’s a whole other topic.

that's fine

sounds like you are sinning = foul language/angry/etc
My apologies. I am so sorry to have offended your sensibilities. That's what everyone expects one to say because we all believe in a universal truth of fairness. We didn't put it there and we can't get rid of it. If we could I would have said, the hell with your invisible code of common decency that you expect everyone to know about and follow.

because we have to PRACTICE to not sin = sinning is natural
You asked a question about how others see choice and sin--then choose to be obtuse when reading the responses. As you have not shown interest in any other possibility, why not just make your argument about why you believe there is no free choice.

Forum List

Back