Why Do the Rich Kids Do Better?

It is difficult to compare US schools with other schools because we mainstream special needs kids and most other countries don't. Public schools also have to take all students and deal with huge class sizes which make teaching difficult. Instead of demonizing teachers, why is no one addressing the real problems, such this or what SeetSue brought up?
The “real problem” here in Mexifornia is illegal wetbacks flooding the school system…You tell us, why aren’t you sanctuary city lefties doing anything about it? Why are you putting Mexico’s children ahead of ours?
We desperately need a national roll-out of an Operation Wetback 2.0

It is policies enacted by them, and forced on local districts that has destroyed the public schools.

Before they existed the US enjoyed one of the best public school systems in the world.

Since their inception we have witnessed a constant decline.

Sure seems like cause and effect to me.
Agreed. It would be so great if we could get rid of the Education Department, and several other cabinet-level departments, too. I have a little list ------

Actually, many, if not most, of the worst schools are the ones with the highest spending per student.

Washington, D.C., Public Schools Spend $30K Per Student; 23% of 8th Graders Proficient in Reading

Terry Jeffrey | Sep 16, 2020

Hey, at least it warehouses them so they aren't out committing crimes all day. You think we've got problems with black shoplifters NOW? Consider what would be happening if they didn't keep the kids trapped in schools, not learning to read or do anything useful. They'd be stealing in stores day in and out.

The “real problem” here in Mexifornia is illegal wetbacks flooding the school system…You tell us, why aren’t you sanctuary city lefties doing anything about it? Why are you putting Mexico’s children ahead of ours?
We desperately need a national roll-out of an Operation Wetback 2.0

True dat. I worked with a guy fro Orange County with two boys. He was always saying the illegals slow it all down.

This guy was involved. Helping with homework 11:30 at nights.

That's the least of our problems.

So you have no idea how this could happen. And that is exactly why NO SCHOOL has implemented this terrible idea, not even in red states with red governors and red legislatures.

Hey, for you and westwall here's a novel idea. Instead of just bashing and throwing out dumb fixes, how about you address the real problems I put forth?

Won't?

Can't?

Many, many reasons.

I'll post what you want me to post first: we have failing schools. We have an educational system too invested in standardized tests as young as third grade. We have some teachers who are horrid. Horrid teachers are terrible for learning, one of the key factors.

But then

We have a stupid school calendar focused on allowing working parents to work rather than on what's best for kids.

We are failing as a society, and yet expect children to come to school "ready to learn" (this one cannot be overstated).

We expect schools to do everything now, so they operate as day-orphanages rather than as academic institutions. For instance, just consider the modern idea that "behavior is communication". So a teacher has 150 kids a day at secondary, a kid is messing around trying to get friends to laugh--normal teenage stuff--and teacher is told they must investigate behavior bc kid is displaying an "unmet need".

This is unsustainable, of course. No teacher can "investigate the unmet needs" of 150 kids they see every day. And grade their papers. And contact parents. And, and, and.

How much more you want?

This doesn't even factor in the, say, shooter trainings we just went through again last week, wherein I have to explain to five year olds how to escape the building should a bad person with a gun come in.

It is difficult to compare US schools with other schools because we mainstream special needs kids and most other countries don't. Public schools also have to take all students and deal with huge class sizes which make teaching difficult. Instead of demonizing teachers, why is no one addressing the real problems, such this or what SeetSue brought up?

Good question, that is why I asked. No one seems to be listening to the teachers.
For Sure.
I retired.

37 YEARS.

Forum List

Back