Why do the anti God crowd attack the bible ?

Why do the anti God crowd attack the bible ?

sounds pretty hate filled to me.

Let me give you a lesson from someone who has debated the anti God crowd for thirty years.

When they, The anti God crowd, know you're a person of faith, they always turn to attack God and the bible when they feel they are losing the debate, it don't matter what is being debated.

Generally it is over creation and evolution though.

They even use other religions as an attack against Christianity.

I don't know but that sounds like the devil working behind the scenes.

Yes, I'll never take in principles of bigotry.

But I won't become christian until the Bible is proven to be fact. I'm a man of facts, not a man of faith. So until snakes can talk, until there's evidence the world is 6,000 years old or less, until it's proven men can survive inside whales, I won't take the Bible as fact.

Don't insult me i am a man of both.

Why do you need facts when you have faith?

Who cares about the fact that snakes can't talk when the Bible says you should have faith that it happened?

I thought you would have been sharp enough to understand i am a man of science as well.

I don't just take the word of God on faith,there has to be evidence and the bible provides that.

YWC why do you feel it's your divine right to pull certain parts of the Bible out and post them on here, but when others do the exact same thing they're "attacking the Bible"?

Maybe it's the devil working behind the scenes when you do it, and god working behind the scenes when we do it :).

Don't insult me i am a man of both.

Who cares about the fact that snakes can't talk when the Bible says you should have faith that it happened?

I thought you would have been sharp enough to understand i am a man of science as well.

I don't just take the word of God on faith,there has to be evidence and the bible provides that.

Some stuff in the Bible is factual, some is utter fairy tale jibberish, like the things I outlined and will do so again.

Talking snakes, living inside whales, Noah's Ark story, resurrection, and on and on and on.

Some stuff in the Bible is factual, some is utter fairy tale jibberish, like the things I outlined and will do so again.

Talking snakes, living inside whales, Noah's Ark story, resurrection, and on and on and on.
Nonsense. Archaeologists view the bible as a treasure trove of fact and one of the most informative records in the world.

Let me give you a lesson from someone who has debated the anti God crowd for thirty years.

When they, The anti God crowd, know you're a person of faith, they always turn to attack God and the bible when they feel they are losing the debate, it don't matter what is being debated.

Generally it is over creation and evolution though.

They even use other religions as an attack against Christianity.

I don't know but that sounds like the devil working behind the scenes.

Let me just put it like this. When I see Christian Reconstructionists attempting to undermine the secular nature of our society, and place this country under a "God's Law," i feel that it is warranted to point out a few things.

First, this is a pluralistic society. Our founding fathers did not intend that the Christian religion be endorsed, supported, or mandated.

Second, our society is founded on the rule of law...secular law.

Third, your truth is just that...your truth. I don't believe in your myth. The Bible is a lovely book in some regards, truly poetic in the Psalms and other books. But, it is no different than any other sort of ancient literature. When people are touting it not as truth, but as the only truth, and pushing that biblical commands be legislated into laws that impact all of us, that is going to get a response. And, increasingly, those of us who are unbelievers are faced with believers attempting to mandate their religious principles into laws, thus reducing other people's freedoms to live life on their own terms.

Example: http://www.religiondispatches.org/a...he_only_law:_the_genesis_of_michele_bachmann/

As someone who has many libertarian tendencies, and would allow you, as Christians, absolutely freedom to practice your beliefs according to the dictates of your own conscience, I find it appalling that there are some Christians who do not show a reciprocity of respect for those of us who don't believe in their faith, and simply leave us alone to choose our own lives, partners, and govern our homes according to our own consciences.

I appreciate that you feel a responsibility to share the good news. But, when someone has expressed a disinterest in your views, a proper response is to graciously say, "I wish you the best, and if you ever change your mind, you know where to find me." In other words, follow the example of Jesus Christ, brush the dust off of your feet, and stop pushing. If someone is to ahve a change of heart about God, it will be via the holy spirit. You've delivered your message. You need only deliver it once.

To be clear, I don't believe in your commandments, i don't believe that the Bible is the (only) word of God, and I don't believe in your religious interpretations of the Bible. I've studied this subject every bit as much as some of you, and in fact, considerably more than many. I know what I believe, and I don't attempt to force my agnosticism on anyone. Stop assuming that I (and others) haven't made an informed decision on the subject.

Were religionists not attempting to use the Bible remake this nation into a theocracy, impose their theology into school classrooms, mandate laws on the basis of their particular religious views, etc., I doubt there would be backlash, at all, towards their book.

Last edited:
Nonsense. Archaeologists view the bible as a treasure trove of fact and one of the most informative records in the world.

What are the facts that Noah rounded up 2 of every animal in the world and fed them for 40 days?

What about the evidence of the burning bush? Or that the jews are god's chosen peeps? ...

I doubt they view it as "a treasure trove of fact" with the story of adam and eve, the age of the earth, noah's ark, snakes ability to talk, man's ability to live inside whales, etc.

Today, 06:24 AM
Truthmatters
Member #5217 Join Date: May 2007
Thanked 2,263 Times in 1,831 Posts

Quote: Originally Posted by Youwerecreated
Quote: Originally Posted by Truthmatters
To you its everything.

To most people on the earth its merely a book
No it's not everything.

I enjoy life, my family,my friends,golf,paintball,and my Arizona Cardinals.
Then why do you hate the people who dont see the book the same way you do?

Why are you so insensed that some dont see it the same as you that you had to come to a site and call out the people who you think are horrible because they dont share your particular slice of one religion.

I dont believe in the bible being the word of any god.

There are no gods.

Its a book written by several people during many periods and all squished together.

Like man it is flawed.

My asessment is based in fact.

Yours is based in faith.

You see faith as something marvelous.

Faith is believing without proof.

Because I rationally see the bible for what it is you think that is hate.

Your made up god drives you to hate for your faith?

How is that good for the world?
"The essence of the Liberal outlook lies not in what opinions are held, but in how they are held: instead of being held dogmatically, they are held tentatively, and with a consciousness that new evidence may at any moment lead to their abandonment." -Bertrand Russell

Press Release: SEC Votes for Final Rules Defining How Banks Can Be Securities Brokers; 2007-190; Sept. 19, 2007

The SEC of Cox under Bush held up the protections in the GLBA for years. They allowed the banks to get arround the protections.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Truthmatters; Today at 06:26 AM.

Truthmatters
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Truthmatters
Find all posts by Truthmatters
Add Truthmatters to Your Contacts

#89 (permalink) Today, 06:26 AM
AllieBaba
Member #6709 Join Date: Oct 2007
Thanked 3,035 Times in 2,320 Posts

No, apparently you aren't capable of figuring it out on your own, even with direction.

I was giving you too much credit, I thought you were honestly seeking understanding, but I see that you're just as disingenuous as any of the others who trot around deliberately lying and misrepresenting Christians and the bible.

The only ones hating in this thread are the anti God crowd.

I don't hate people that are ignorant,i feel sorry for them and try and reach them with the truth.

I doubt they view it as "a treasure trove of fact" with the story of adam and eve, the age of the earth, noah's ark, snakes ability to talk, man's ability to live inside whales, etc.

Similarly, you can view the Iliad the same way. They've found evidence indicating that the Iliad has some truth to it.

Just not the supernatural parts concerning the Gods and stuff.

YWC why do you feel it's your divine right to pull certain parts of the Bible out and post them on here, but when others do the exact same thing they're "attacking the Bible"?

Maybe it's the devil working behind the scenes when you do it, and god working behind the scenes when we do it :).

Don't make it bigger then it is pal.

It's our Christian duty to bring truth to the lost,thank US.

I have carefully studied the word of God for over 40 years.

I try in all honesty not to cherry pick scriptures.

If i have made a mistake and misquoted the bible please show me.I will admit the error. I am not perfect and don't have all the answers.

Because you can't imagine a force, that is capable of creating everything you look at, does not mean it does not exist.

Or a force that can bring a golbal flood.

Or because the force can change forms.

Or that it can speak through animals.

The bible has said things that was not know by man and has been confirmed by science.

The most revealing Evidence in my opinion early on is the bible said we were created from the ground, how could they know that fact. Fact is we know humans are made up of over 28 elements of this earth.

If you need more i will post it.

Last edited:

Because you can't imagine a force, that is capable of creating everything you look at, does not mean it does not exist.

The bible has said things that was not know by man and has been confirmed by science.

The most revealing Evidence in my opinion early on is the bible said we were created from the ground, how could thjey know that fact. Fact is we know humans are made up of over 28 elements of this earth.

We're 70% water, shouldn't we come from the sea instead of the ground then?

:cuckoo:

Pretty much the polar opposite of anything that Avatar has ever said on this forum, including in this thread.

As you can see, her grasp of reality is tenuous at best.

I guess you missed the part where Avatar said I was acting against the commands of God and counsels of heaven. In his universe, I can't be happy unless I believe in his God.

Read his most recent post to me. Then read my response. You do read, don't you?

You are acting against the commands of God and the counsels of heaven.

Of course, that's your choice, and if you don't believe in it, you shouldn't care.

You care because you don't want people to believe that...and you're willing to go to any lengths to force them into your belief system.

I see you've started right in this time with your claims of victimhood. This will move along even more quickly than usual...that's a good thing. Let's just hurry and get to the point where you wig out and leave...that's the best part of any exchange with you.

Am I acting against the commands of your God and the counsels of your heaven? I can live with that. I don't believe in your God or your commandments or counsels of heaven. I don't believe in eternalism. I don't believe in nihilism.

Being gay is not a sin in Buddhism. We don't have the concept of sin in Buddhism, we talk about virtue and non-virtue.

Gays and straights have the same teachings on sexual misconduct. Gays are not singled out for rejection in any way.

I'm certainly not interested in forcing anyone else to accept Buddhist teachings on virtue and sexual conduct. I merely point out, that condemning homosexuals to hell is a uniquely Judeo-Christian-Islamic belief. I think that Christians here would like to force their moral code onto atheists and non-christians. That's unfortunate. It doesn't make for an interesting discussion.

I have posted previously the Buddhist precept on sexual misconduct, and if anyone is interested I will post it again so that people can see how another great religion of the world that is 2500 years old views sexual conduct.

Also, there is no concept of eternal damnation in Buddhism. In Christianity, you get one shot at eternal heaven or eternal hell. In Buddhism, even the hell realms are impermanent.

I don't expect you or anyone else to accept that we live in the world with differences among us. I do. I can live with how you are, and how you think. We don't have to get along at all.

Take care, Allie

Last edited:

The most revealing Evidence in my opinion early on is the bible said we were created from the ground, how could thjey know that fact. Fact is we know humans are made up of over 28 elements of this earth.

Having to imagine something, with no facts behind it, means it's not factual.

It's your belief, it's not fact. Call them beliefs, cuz they're not facts by any definition of the word fact.

Forum List

Back