Why do so many teachers leave the profession?

skullfuck,

it takes longer than that. You need to enter the data fort multiple children.

You should quit. Seriously. I'm sure you're qualified to do something besides changing diapers.

Or maybe not...

Yeah, when data entry becomes a huge obstical, then working the cash register at Micky D's may not be an option.

you were a teacher too.

does that not mean you are just as incompetent as those you demonize?

I'm not the one with the IEP incidentally

Hell, I could walk into a class and show the same fucking movie for 8 hours during the day,

No you couldn't, in my division you would be fired for dereliction of duty (i.e. for cause). You could appeal the termination, but you'd loose and during the review process you would be on leave without pay.

If teachers only "work" when there are students in the classroom...

1. When are you going to research the material?

2. When are you going to develop the teaching materials?

3. When are you going to write the tests?

4. When are you going to grade the tests?

5. When are you going to input the results into the student information tracking system?

Quantity of time is finite, but is not necessarily the only measure, or even the best measurement of anyone's ability to get the job done.

Nor is saying that teachers only "work" during the time when students are in the classroom a measure of the quality of the job performed.

Teachers work more than 6 hours per day, 180 days per year when the students are in the seats.

>>>>

Its called a "planning period."

Anyway, thanks for not addressing the question regarding the value of QUALITY teaching time. You've made my point for me: teachers, by nature, are often not mentally equipped to optimize their activities to consistantly deliver quality services within the allocated time frame.

And why should they: Who is measuring their productivity?

if some students are achieving whaile others are not, who is to blame?

Seems like you have an axe to grind. Having an IEP on a student is admission that there is a problem.

actually, it's you that's whining

what is your line of work ?

I own my own business.

And me telling you that teaching is a pretty good part time gig with full time pay and great benefits is what you call whining?

You're the one saying how difficult making all those charts and graphs is not me.

there is more to it than what you claim is my point. You speak from ignorance.

I do not believe that I'm under or over paid. Like wise not under worked or overworked.

BTW what is your "business"

perhaps we could demonize those in your line of work.

Why put business in quotes?

And I haven't demonized anyone. I just ask that teachers stop their whining.

They work part of the year and get paid a full time wage with great benefits.

What's to whine about?

"Business" is in quotes because like many educators, squeezeberry has no clue how to correctly use the English language, or present a coherent thought.

One thing I would advise my daughter to never get into, even tho our family has 3 generations tradition in it....is teaching. This country does not respect its teachers. It isn't worth it at all.

I respect teachers who deserve it.

I don't respect assholes who piss and whine about how stupid and unruly their students are, and how they don't get paid enough.

It's a free country. If you hate the job, leave it.

I own my own business.

And me telling you that teaching is a pretty good part time gig with full time pay and great benefits is what you call whining?

You're the one saying how difficult making all those charts and graphs is not me.

I do not believe that I'm under or over paid. Like wise not under worked or overworked.

What's to whine about?

I'm starting to see what you mean

I get great pay and benefits, don't do a damned thing all day, no accountability and I'm given all kinds of respect.

I must be a genius to have landed such a cushy position. You other people suck.

Last edited:
I respect teachers who deserve it.

I don't respect assholes who piss and whine about how stupid and unruly their students are, and how they don't get paid enough.

It's a free country. If you hate the job, leave it.

who gives a shit what a moron such as yourself thinks. Fuck off

Squeeze, it's pointless. You and others have proven their ignorance wrong so many times that now they are just forced to downplay anything a teacher does directly and generally. So they only answers you're going to get it "Big deal", "that's easy" and "so what"

What ignorance has squeeze proven?

Are you a teacher too? Your deplorable syntax and grammar leads me to believe you must be.

So you can tell me exactly what ignorance dingle berry has shined a light upon.

I'm waiting.

One thing I would advise my daughter to never get into, even tho our family has 3 generations tradition in it....is teaching. This country does not respect its teachers. It isn't worth it at all.

If you only go into a profession with the need of the high opinion of others then you have deeper issues.

Look folks do what you do for yourself. Stop expecting people to fall sown on their knees to thank you for getting a job.

You can't go looking for approval from everyone your entire life.

If you choose to be a teacher then good for you but please be realistic about it and realize that it is indeed a part time gig with full time pay and good benefits and stop fucking complaining.

What's to whine about?

I get great pay and benefits, don't do a damned thing all day, no accountability and I'm given all kinds of respect.

You're damn right you get great pay. Most people who work all year long with barely 2 weeks vacation don't get paid what you do.

It's about time you realized that.

What's to whine about?

You're damn right you get great pay. Most people who work all year long with barely 2 weeks vacation don't get paid what you do.

It's about time you realized that.

so then you agree that you suck?

OK, I'll buy that

Forum List

Back