Why do so many atheists oppose the death penalty...

I thought about doing corrections work when I got out of the Navy. I took another career path.

Not really relevant to the topic though.
Totally relivant to the topic. You have to dangle a lot of money in front of desperate people to take care of these evil animals every day and some of them don't come home alive because of it.

Yep, it is a dangerous job.
So you acknowledge your position ends up getting good people murdered, and you're fine with it.

Not what I said at all. Are you saying that people convicted of capital crimes are the ONLY ones in a prison who would kill a guard?

Also, there are ways their jobs could be made more safe. But For Profit prisons won't spend the money.
People serving life with no chance of parole have zero incentive for good behavior.

And people on death row do?

Totally relivant to the topic. You have to dangle a lot of money in front of desperate people to take care of these evil animals every day and some of them don't come home alive because of it.

So you acknowledge your position ends up getting good people murdered, and you're fine with it.

Not what I said at all. Are you saying that people convicted of capital crimes are the ONLY ones in a prison who would kill a guard?

Also, there are ways their jobs could be made more safe. But For Profit prisons won't spend the money.
People serving life with no chance of parole have zero incentive for good behavior.

Death Row should be a two week trip.

YOu are a bloodthirsty little bastard, aren't you?

No. We need better and safer facilities to keep these people off the streets. Thats all.

Their incentive is their living conditions for the rest of their lives
Dufus thinks prisons can reduce living accommodations of prisoners to keep them good people.

No. We need better and safer facilities to keep these people off the streets. Thats all.
You are the one defending taking lives and wanting them the opportunity to murder again.

Their incentive is their living conditions for the rest of their lives
Dufus thinks prisons can reduce living accommodations of prisoners to keep them good people.
They do it all the time

Most of the US and most of the civilized world no longer use the death penalty

It is reserved for those states controlled by religious zealots and despots

...for people who have committed murder and who can never be released back into public? Since the murderer is usurping resources from the community, why not just execute the murderer so that resources are expended on those that contribute to society?
A man was in front of the judge for stealing horses. The man said he didn't think it was fair to be hanged for stealing a horse. The judge said you're not being hanged for stealing a horse. You're being hanged so horses won't be stolen.

...for people who have committed murder and who can never be released back into public? Since the murderer is usurping resources from the community, why not just execute the murderer so that resources are expended on those that contribute to society?
Then shouldn't we also execute people on welfare, or retards...?

Please make the argument.

Please make the argument.
You said "so that resources are expended on those that contribute to society". Welfare recipients, mentally disabled... don't contribute to society.

You are the one defending taking lives and wanting them the opportunity to murder again.

Not even close. I am the one advocating for Life Without Parole, and safer conditions for the guards. 2 weeks on Death Row? How many innocent people will you execute?

Not even close. I am the one advocating for Life Without Parole, and safer conditions for the guards. 2 weeks on Death Row? How many innocent people will you execute?
Innocents like the babies you love to slaughter?

Do I? Are you now pretending to know my opinion on the subject?

No, you don't know a damned thing about my opinions on the subject. So spare me the bullshit.

No, you don't know a damned thing about my opinions on the subject. So spare me the bullshit.
Anyone unwilling to ever make a post about baby butchering is 100% for it, dufus.

Anyone unwilling to ever make a post about baby butchering is 100% for it, dufus.

Anyone who doesn't make a post about the abortion topic simply doesn't want to discuss it, dumbass.

Forum List

Back