Why do so many atheists oppose the death penalty...

Did you read the articles?

The first one, the woman was merely there (she didn't kill anyone) and got 27 years for just being at the wrong place.

The other one, the guy served 33 years of a 50 year sentence, which is enough to be released with good behavior.

But, shit, conseravatives don't want to follow rule of law, they want to follow their "Feelings'.
Did you read the article?
Life in prison for First degree murder.
50 years for murdering children.

And you applaud they are back on the streets.

My point validated.

You do realize, don't you, that you're arguing with someone who thinks that drugging and raping a 13-year-old girl is a “non-crime”, right? Someone who gladly takes the side of murderers and rapists, against that of law-abiding citizens.

...for people who have committed murder and who can never be released back into public? Since the murderer is usurping resources from the community, why not just execute the murderer so that resources are expended on those that contribute to society?
I'm an atheist and believe the death penalty should be imposed in cases of murder, rape and voter fraud.

Death Row should be a two week trip.

YOu are a bloodthirsty little bastard, aren't you?

No. We need better and safer facilities to keep these people off the streets. Thats all.
Oh looky, yet again.
More murderers released early by Democrats.

Governor commutes life sentence for woman convicted in Fresno County murder case

https://nypost.com/2018/03/30/1984-palm-sunday-massacre-killer-quietly-freed-from-prison/

And the Gov. could have pardoned her if she was on death row too.
So people sentenced to life are getting freed left and right.
And statisticly half will commit another crime, maybe murder again.

Yep, time for death row to be emptied and the executions conducted.

Rate of false conviction of criminal defendants who are sentenced to death
According to the study linked above, as many as 1 in 25 people on death row may be innocent. But sure, rush to execute them and you won't have to worry about it.

Jailed but Innocent: Record Number of People Exonerated in 2015
"A record-breaking number of people were exonerated in 2015 — freed after serving time in American prisons for crimes they did not commit.

In all, 149 people spent an average of 15 years in prison before being cleared last year, according to a new report (.pdf) out Wednesday from the National Registry of Exonerations, a project at the University of Michigan Law School.

The convictions ranged from lower level offenses, such as 47 drug crimes, to major felonies, including 54 murder convictions that were overturned. Five of the convicts were awaiting execution, and were saved last year when courts ruled they didn't belong in the prison in the first place."

Go to this page: Executed But Possibly Innocent | Death Penalty Information Center
They list 15 specific cases in which the man executed was very likely to be innocent. In some cases it was gross incompetence or outright corruption that saw these men murdered by the state.

Here is an example:
"David Spence Texas Conviction: 1984, Executed: 1997
Spence was charged with murdering three teenagers in 1982. He was allegedly hired by a convenience store owner to kill another girl, and killed these victims by mistake. The convenience store owner, Muneer Deeb, was originally convicted and sentenced to death, but then was acquitted at a re-trial. The police lieutenant who supervised the investigation of Spence, Marvin Horton, later concluded: "I do not think David Spence committed this crime." Ramon Salinas, the homicide detective who actually conducted the investigation, said: "My opinion is that David Spence was innocent. Nothing from the investigation ever led us to any evidence that he was involved." No physical evidence connected Spence to the crime. The case against Spence was pursued by a zealous narcotics cop who relied on testimony of prison inmates who were granted favors in return for testimony."

Here is an example:
"David Spence Texas Conviction: 1984, Executed: 1997
Spence was charged with murdering three teenagers in 1982. He was allegedly hired by a convenience store owner to kill another girl, and killed these victims by mistake. The convenience store owner, Muneer Deeb, was originally convicted and sentenced to death, but then was acquitted at a re-trial. The police lieutenant who supervised the investigation of Spence, Marvin Horton, later concluded: "I do not think David Spence committed this crime." Ramon Salinas, the homicide detective who actually conducted the investigation, said: "My opinion is that David Spence was innocent. Nothing from the investigation ever led us to any evidence that he was involved." No physical evidence connected Spence to the crime. The case against Spence was pursued by a zealous narcotics cop who relied on testimony of prison inmates who were granted favors in return for testimony."

Just execute them all, huh? Even though there is a very good chance you will be murdering an innocent man?

My point validated.

Except he didn't get convicted of first degree murder, he got convicted of manslaughter, and served 33 years of a 50 year term. the Parole board refused him release every time he applied, but he served two thirds of his term, which is all that was required.

The other lady who spent 27 years in the can didn't even kill anyone.

You do realize, don't you, that you're arguing with someone who thinks that drugging and raping a 13-year-old girl is a “non-crime”, right? Someone who gladly takes the side of murderers and rapists, against that of law-abiding citizens.

Are you still whining about that butt-kicking?

The prosecutors cut a deal and then didn't live up to it. That's a lot scarier than anything Polanski and Little Grifter did together. It violated his fifth, sixth and eighth amendment rights.

...for people who have committed murder and who can never be released back into public? Since the murderer is usurping resources from the community, why not just execute the murderer so that resources are expended on those that contribute to society?

Dims don't oppose the death penalty, that is, if you can shove them back into their mother's womb it's all good.

Did you read the articles?

The first one, the woman was merely there (she didn't kill anyone) and got 27 years for just being at the wrong place.

The other one, the guy served 33 years of a 50 year sentence, which is enough to be released with good behavior.

But, shit, conseravatives don't want to follow rule of law, they want to follow their "Feelings'.

My point validated.

The left love evil.

Haha...yes:, left and right, all over the place....sure

Listen to you freak...."time to execute them all"...what the fuck is wrong with your brain? Someone should kick you right in the taco idiot.
I'm shocked.
A leftist siding with mass murderers.
Really shocked.
Said no one ever.
And I am not shocked....a wife-beating, racist, white wing retard missing the point completely...

Listen to you freak...."time to execute them all"...what the fuck is wrong with your brain? Someone should kick you right in the taco idiot.
I'm shocked.
Really shocked.
Said no one ever.
And I am not shocked....a wife-beating, racist, white wing retard missing the point completely...
x.jpg

Dear K9Buck killing off lepers never cured the cause of leprosy.
If we are going to cure the cause of criminal illness, to prevent it in the future,
killing off the patients is not going to solve the problem or pay back any victims.

If people believe religiously in rehab and restitution, let supporters
of Restorative justice pay for their own programs and let wrongdoers
work and pay back costs to society and victims in a meaningful way.
Start charging the wrongdoers for the costs, and maybe that will deter more crimes.

Killing the rapists doesn't undo the damage and years of recovery to the victims.
but making traffickers work in sweatshops for the rest of their lives
would allow women and children to go to school and work stable jobs
instead of living in slavery. let the criminals trade places with the victims,
and maybe we'll see both justice, restitution and DETERRENCE for crimes.

I'm shocked.
Really shocked.
Said no one ever.
View attachment 185941
You haven't made any argument dumbass...damn you are stupid.

I'm shocked.
Really shocked.
Said no one ever.
View attachment 185941

I wonder if you're self-aware enough to see the irony there. I doubt it, though.

I oppose the death penalty for 1 reason:

Our justice system is fallible.

I'm shocked.
Really shocked.
Said no one ever.
View attachment 185941

I wonder if you're self-aware enough to see the irony there. I doubt it, though.

So are the innocent lives being lost by repeat offenders.

I'm shocked.
Really shocked.
Said no one ever.
View attachment 185941

There's a famous saying by Lord Blackstone - arguably one of the single most influential common law jurists in history - that goes something like "Better that ten guilty men go free than an innocent man be punished".

On the other hand, Pol Pot used to say the opposite - that it's better for ten innocents to suffer punishment than a single guilty man go free.

Which side do you fall on?

I'm shocked.
Really shocked.
Said no one ever.
View attachment 185941

There's a famous saying by Lord Blackstone - arguably one of the single most influential common law jurists in history - that goes something like "Better that ten guilty men go free than an innocent man be punished".

On the other hand, Pol Pot used to say the opposite - that it's better for ten innocents to suffer punishment than a single guilty man go free.

Tell that to the 5 year old girl gang raped and murdered by parolees.

View attachment 185941

You can hysterically appeal to emotion as much as you like, it won't change the basic truth.

I'm shocked.
Really shocked.
Said no one ever.
View attachment 185941

Yes, by criminals, not by society and the claims of justice. If you can just shrug off the murder of innocent citizens, your sense of justice is seriously flawed.

View attachment 185941

So you try to appeal to emotion to justify the murder of innocent citizens? Really? The only word that comes to mind is "bloodthirsty".

View attachment 185941

Tell that to the 5 year old who will never see her father again because he was murdered by the fallible justice system, with no recourse after an execution.

Forum List

Back