Why do so few think of consequences?

Its actually a prayer center in a cummunity center.

But the hate of some Americans has turned it into a AQ recruitment center.

Im so sick of Americans forgetting what this country is all about and acting like frightened lemmings.

We have become much more of a fear driven society.
Sad really.

"we" have let the terrorists win.
Their objective is to spread terror and they have succeeded outstandingly in America.
How did this ever even become an issue? Some one started spreading false information that there was going to be a mosque built on Ground Zero. Who?

Im so sick of Americans forgetting what this country is all about and acting like frightened lemmings.

Sad really.

Their objective is to spread terror and they have succeeded outstandingly in America.

That is exactly what the right is doing ,they are doing the terror recruting for AQ.

They are making this country look like a Muslim hating country that AQ can convince fools to attack.

This country was founded on the freedom of religion.

These idiots must think the muslim religion is far better than their own religion or they would not fear what happens in a mosque or prayer center.

um.....isn't obama still killing muslims around the world....

and we know what happens in some muslim community centers....england france germany and switzerland have all shut muslim community centers down due to their teachings and use.....

this one will be run by a man that said america basically deserved what they got....

i guess when a "positive christianity" church wants to build a community center next to the holocaust museum run buy a man that says the jews deserved what they got ....

i am sure you will be the first to defend their freedom of religion......

what is this country all about?

Sad really.

That is exactly what the right is doing ,they are doing the terror recruting for AQ.

They are making this country look like a Muslim hating country that AQ can convince fools to attack.

These idiots must think the muslim religion is far better than their own religion or they would not fear what happens in a mosque or prayer center.

you idiots must fear that sarah palin and glenn beck have better ideas than yours or you would not fear what they have to say.

Legally they can build that Mosque, or whatever it is, on their own land.

If they do build it then I feel its a terribly insensitive thing to do. I don't care if they think their motives are good.

I'm sure the survivors of the victims of 9-11 will be the first to go visit the new mosque. Yeah Right. Jeeze.

well.. maybe the AMERICAN MUSLIM SURVIVORS WILL...

...not that they show up as even a blip on your gay fucking radar, bitch.

Fuck off asshole. I'm sure your not a blip on anyones radar.

You are aware I assume that this mosque is not a stand alone building with a dome on top across the street from ground zero arent you? It will be a suite on a floor of a multi-story building three blocks away. That gets conventiently overlooked by all the talking heads stirring the pot.

what.....a suite in a building?.....3 blocks away?.....EVERYTHING i have read,i dont listen to the heads,but everything i have read says this is going to be a MOSQUE.....even the Muslims i see in interviews say MOSQUE not a Suite in a building 3 blocks away....

Yesssss.....convenient, no? The talking heads like to throw out chunks of red meat for ratings purposes and it becomes the truth nationwide....truth as they see it. Funny how the real facts get overlooked isn't it?

The truth about the 'mosque': The leader of proposed Muslim center near Ground Zero defends his plan

After our proposal to build a community and cultural center two blocks from the World Trade Center site, I was pleased and gratified by the outpouring of support from city officials and a wide range of people who understand our mission.....

......The project has been mischaracterized, so I want to explain clearly what it would be. Our planned 13-story community center is intended for Park Place between Church St. and West Broadway. It is not a mosque, although it will include a space for Muslim prayer services. It will have a swimming pool, basketball court, meeting rooms, a 500-seat auditorium, banquet facilities and many other things a community needs to be healthy. The center will offer theatrical programming, art exhibitions and cooking classes. These are amenities missing now from this part of the city.......

View attachment 11224

ok....you say a SUITE in a building....which to me meant, we are renting out a suite in a building were various other businesses are also.....this guy says THEY are building a 13 story building which will have the suite with this thing in it........the picture gets clearer and clearer....

what.....a suite in a building?.....3 blocks away?.....EVERYTHING i have read,i dont listen to the heads,but everything i have read says this is going to be a MOSQUE.....even the Muslims i see in interviews say MOSQUE not a Suite in a building 3 blocks away....

Yesssss.....convenient, no? The talking heads like to throw out chunks of red meat for ratings purposes and it becomes the truth nationwide....truth as they see it. Funny how the real facts get overlooked isn't it?

The truth about the 'mosque': The leader of proposed Muslim center near Ground Zero defends his plan

After our proposal to build a community and cultural center two blocks from the World Trade Center site, I was pleased and gratified by the outpouring of support from city officials and a wide range of people who understand our mission.....

......The project has been mischaracterized, so I want to explain clearly what it would be. Our planned 13-story community center is intended for Park Place between Church St. and West Broadway. It is not a mosque, although it will include a space for Muslim prayer services. It will have a swimming pool, basketball court, meeting rooms, a 500-seat auditorium, banquet facilities and many other things a community needs to be healthy. The center will offer theatrical programming, art exhibitions and cooking classes. These are amenities missing now from this part of the city.......

View attachment 11224

ok....you say a SUITE in a building....which to me meant, we are renting out a suite in a building were various other businesses are also.....this guy says THEY are building a 13 story building which will have the suite with this thing in it........the picture gets clearer and clearer....

It is an Islamic community center that provides all the services listed. A small portion of the 13 story building will be used for Friday prayer services. They're basically building a 13 story Islamic "YMCA" two blocks away from ground zero. My YMCA has had a Baptist church meeting there for more than a year.

This mosque is not about religious freedom but more of a political statement by the muslims. If they seek the tolerance that say we don't have, maybe they themselves should be more tolerant to what the majority of Americans think about the building of a mosque in this location. Building the mosque in this location may be legal but it is very very poor taste and not a wise thing to do.

In your opinion. The mosque/cultural cente, is all about religious freedom, if one supports the Constitution of the United States. It is not wise, in my opinon, to characterize all muslims as terrorists, or fellow travelers of terrorism.
BTW, if the hysteria of the herd is any indication, most Americans don't think. Most Americans react emotionally, out of fear and hate cultivated by those with an agenda.

Being against this Mosque is not characterizing all Muslims as Terrorist. It is acknowledging that no matter who is behind building it, or how good their intentions are. Jihadists will see it as a sign of Victory, and be drawn to it. Period.

so those that voice their opposition to this use in this location also have every right to voice their opposition and try to stop it from being built.....

If you posit that our Constitution prohibits restraints on the free exercise of religion which, last time I looked, it does, then I would question this statement.

I suppose you could argue, philosophically, that anyone has the right to voice opposition to anything - but when that opposition runs square in the face of a Constitutional guarantee/prohibition, I don't think it's going to get very far. Kind of like saying, those that are in favor of slavery have every right to voice their opposition to the present state of affairs and to argue that slavery should be made the law of the land. Sure, they have every right to argue that way . . .

Last edited:
This mosque is not about religious freedom but more of a political statement by the muslims. If they seek the tolerance that say we don't have, maybe they themselves should be more tolerant to what the majority of Americans think about the building of a mosque in this location. Building the mosque in this location may be legal but it is very very poor taste and not a wise thing to do.

In your opinion. The mosque/cultural cente, is all about religious freedom, if one supports the Constitution of the United States. It is not wise, in my opinon, to characterize all muslims as terrorists, or fellow travelers of terrorism.
BTW, if the hysteria of the herd is any indication, most Americans don't think. Most Americans react emotionally, out of fear and hate cultivated by those with an agenda.

Being against this Mosque is not characterizing all Muslims as Terrorist. It is acknowledging that no matter who is behind building it, or how good their intentions are. Jihadists will see it as a sign of Victory, and be drawn to it. Period.
Of course, it will become the center for Islamic terrorism in the west. Muslims around the world will come to pay respects to the terrorists who attack America and the west. ;)

Sad really.

you idiots must fear that sarah palin and glenn beck have better ideas than yours or you would not fear what they have to say.

sarah palin and glenn beck?

Ideas?

Such as?

It's possible for the majority to be wrong on occasion. Validating a wrongheaded view merely because a large number of people hold it is wrong as well.

The hysterica which has taken over this MB and the talking heads for the past few days would be funny if displayed in a movie. Herd mentality is not rational, and it is not funny when it shapes the politics of the day.
What damage is done if a temple or church or mosque is built? And yet a local board approved a building and the herd went hysterical.
Stop for a minute and consider how an average muslim might feel by the 'outrage' of Gingrich, Palin or Peter King (R, NY) who characterize a billion people who worship in the Islamic Faith unworthy, simply because of their culture and the religion they practice.
The actors who carried out the mass murder on Sept. 11, 2001 were extremists, those who condemn a billion people for the acts of a few prove they too subscribe to an ends and means philosophy.
Those who don't question the motives of politicians and propagandists who create the climate of hysteria are no less extreme, for the words of hate spewed by Gingrich, Palin, King, Limbaugh, et al lead to the death of innocents, as surely as the actions of the 19 criminals did on Nine-Eleven.

The outrage at desecration should be directed at why, after nearly ten years hasn't the World Trade Center been rebuilt? Why is their no fitting tribute to those who died on this hallowed ground?

That is the real desecration to the memory of those who were killed. Not misdirected outrage at a bunch of Muslims who had nothing to do with the attacks

where oh where is that link proving the had nothing to do with attacks?

Where's the link proving you had nothing to do with it?

The hysterica which has taken over this MB and the talking heads for the past few days would be funny if displayed in a movie. Herd mentality is not rational, and it is not funny when it shapes the politics of the day.
What damage is done if a temple or church or mosque is built? And yet a local board approved a building and the herd went hysterical.
Stop for a minute and consider how an average muslim might feel by the 'outrage' of Gingrich, Palin or Peter King (R, NY) who characterize a billion people who worship in the Islamic Faith unworthy, simply because of their culture and the religion they practice.
The actors who carried out the mass murder on Sept. 11, 2001 were extremists, those who condemn a billion people for the acts of a few prove they too subscribe to an ends and means philosophy.
Those who don't question the motives of politicians and propagandists who create the climate of hysteria are no less extreme, for the words of hate spewed by Gingrich, Palin, King, Limbaugh, et al lead to the death of innocents, as surely as the actions of the 19 criminals did on Nine-Eleven.

Typical lefwingnut I wish I could think-speak.

lets see ....

they have a right to propose building a building on land they own and proposing the uses in it....

a muslim community and cultural center near a site which was bombed by by muslims in the name of a holy war against the great satan...

insensitive to say the least but legal.....

so those that voice their opposition to this use in this location also have every right to voice their opposition and try to stop it from being built.....

Tasteful or not (which it isn't), one side has the law on their side and the other doesn't. I'm not willing to trash the constitution because someone's insensitivity pisses me off.

Asking someone to not do something that you acknowledge they have the right to do is not trashing the COTUS, talk about a stupid argument.

lets see ....

they have a right to propose building a building on land they own and proposing the uses in it....

a muslim community and cultural center near a site which was bombed by by muslims in the name of a holy war against the great satan...

insensitive to say the least but legal.....

Tasteful or not (which it isn't), one side has the law on their side and the other doesn't. I'm not willing to trash the constitution because someone's insensitivity pisses me off.

Asking someone to not do something that you acknowledge they have the right to do is not trashing the COTUS, talk about a stupid argument.

You are aware that many, many knee jerkers are discussing ways of stopping them aren't you? Of course you are, you spend your entire day here. Stopping them from building as opposed to asking them not to is indeed trashing the constitution.

I thought you were a conservative?

The actors who carried out the mass murder on Sept. 11, 2001 were extremists, .

They were hired by the Latin Americans to attack America and draw the US Army away from the Mexican border. They did a good job at blaming the Middle East too!

If you posit that our Constitution prohibits restraints on the free exercise of religion which, last time I looked, it does, then I would question this statement.

I suppose you could argue, philosophically, that anyone has the right to voice opposition to anything - but when that opposition runs square in the face of a Constitutional guarantee/prohibition, I don't think it's going to get very far. Kind of like saying, those that are in favor of slavery have every right to voice their opposition to the present state of affairs and to argue that slavery should be made the law of the land. Sure, they have every right to argue that way . . .

Theoretically, an Amendment COULD be passed making slavery the law of the land. Just saying.

Forum List

Back