Why do so few think of consequences?

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
The hysterica which has taken over this MB and the talking heads for the past few days would be funny if displayed in a movie. Herd mentality is not rational, and it is not funny when it shapes the politics of the day.
What damage is done if a temple or church or mosque is built? And yet a local board approved a building and the herd went hysterical.
Stop for a minute and consider how an average muslim might feel by the 'outrage' of Gingrich, Palin or Peter King (R, NY) who characterize a billion people who worship in the Islamic Faith unworthy, simply because of their culture and the religion they practice.
The actors who carried out the mass murder on Sept. 11, 2001 were extremists, those who condemn a billion people for the acts of a few prove they too subscribe to an ends and means philosophy.
Those who don't question the motives of politicians and propagandists who create the climate of hysteria are no less extreme, for the words of hate spewed by Gingrich, Palin, King, Limbaugh, et al lead to the death of innocents, as surely as the actions of the 19 criminals did on Nine-Eleven.

So few think of consequences, if they did, they would not support so much government intervention to begin with concerning most things but I get your point and agree with the premise of it.

This mosque is not about religious freedom but more of a political statement by the muslims. If they seek the tolerance that say we don't have, maybe they themselves should be more tolerant to what the majority of Americans think about the building of a mosque in this location. Building the mosque in this location may be legal but it is very very poor taste and not a wise thing to do.

• Banned
This mosque is not about religious freedom but more of a political statement by the muslims. If they seek the tolerance that say we don't have, maybe they themselves should be more tolerant to what the majority of Americans think about the building of a mosque in this location. Building the mosque in this location may be legal but it is very very poor taste and not a wise thing to do.

In your opinion. The mosque/cultural cente, is all about religious freedom, if one supports the Constitution of the United States. It is not wise, in my opinon, to characterize all muslims as terrorists, or fellow travelers of terrorism.
BTW, if the hysteria of the herd is any indication, most Americans don't think. Most Americans react emotionally, out of fear and hate cultivated by those with an agenda.

Some idiots want a war for religious purposes on one fifth of the population of this planet.

How fucking stupid that is.

You are aware I assume that this mosque is not a stand alone building with a dome on top across the street from ground zero arent you? It will be a suite on a floor of a multi-story building three blocks away. That gets conventiently overlooked by all the talking heads stirring the pot.

On the one hand I can understand that people feel offended by the Muslims' request to build a mosque in this location but on the other hand it is not directly at ground zero (as I understood it) and denying them their right to religious freedom, which may have even been their reason for their immigration to America, cannot be the right decision. It's a very complicated situation indeed...

The hysterica which has taken over this MB and the talking heads for the past few days would be funny if displayed in a movie. Herd mentality is not rational, and it is not funny when it shapes the politics of the day.
What damage is done if a temple or church or mosque is built? And yet a local board approved a building and the herd went hysterical.
Stop for a minute and consider how an average muslim might feel by the 'outrage' of Gingrich, Palin or Peter King (R, NY) who characterize a billion people who worship in the Islamic Faith unworthy, simply because of their culture and the religion they practice.
The actors who carried out the mass murder on Sept. 11, 2001 were extremists, those who condemn a billion people for the acts of a few prove they too subscribe to an ends and means philosophy.
Those who don't question the motives of politicians and propagandists who create the climate of hysteria are no less extreme, for the words of hate spewed by Gingrich, Palin, King, Limbaugh, et al lead to the death of innocents, as surely as the actions of the 19 criminals did on Nine-Eleven.

not everyone knows what you mean by MB.

good luck

In your opinion. The mosque/cultural cente, is all about religious freedom, if one supports the Constitution of the United States. It is not wise, in my opinon, to characterize all muslims as terrorists, or fellow travelers of terrorism.
BTW, if the hysteria of the herd is any indication, most Americans don't think. Most Americans react emotionally, out of fear and hate cultivated by those with an agenda.

so Wry....do you think its not a good idea to build there just because of the way MANY people feel about it.....like Drac said....." may be legal but it is very very poor taste and not a wise thing to do."....and these people should by now realize this.....if they go ahead and build and they get the retaliation from the more radical amongst us,which we know will eventually happen,they have no one to blame but themselves....

denying them their right to religious freedom, which may have even been their reason for their immigration to America, cannot be the right decision. ...

Muslims generally don't migrate to America from predominantly Muslim countries, seeking religious freedom. I have alot of Muslim friends, and they came here seeking a better monetary situation.

You are aware I assume that this mosque is not a stand alone building with a dome on top across the street from ground zero arent you? It will be a suite on a floor of a multi-story building three blocks away. That gets conventiently overlooked by all the talking heads stirring the pot.

what.....a suite in a building?.....3 blocks away?.....EVERYTHING i have read,i dont listen to the heads,but everything i have read says this is going to be a MOSQUE.....even the Muslims i see in interviews say MOSQUE not a Suite in a building 3 blocks away....

Its actually a prayer center in a cummunity center.

But the hate of some Americans has turned it into a AQ recruitment center.

Im so sick of Americans forgetting what this country is all about and acting like frightened lemmings.

what.....a suite in a building?.....3 blocks away?.....EVERYTHING i have read,i dont listen to the heads,but everything i have read says this is going to be a MOSQUE.....even the Muslims i see in interviews say MOSQUE not a Suite in a building 3 blocks away....

Yesssss.....convenient, no? The talking heads like to throw out chunks of red meat for ratings purposes and it becomes the truth nationwide....truth as they see it. Funny how the real facts get overlooked isn't it?

The truth about the 'mosque': The leader of proposed Muslim center near Ground Zero defends his plan

After our proposal to build a community and cultural center two blocks from the World Trade Center site, I was pleased and gratified by the outpouring of support from city officials and a wide range of people who understand our mission.....

......The project has been mischaracterized, so I want to explain clearly what it would be. Our planned 13-story community center is intended for Park Place between Church St. and West Broadway. It is not a mosque, although it will include a space for Muslim prayer services. It will have a swimming pool, basketball court, meeting rooms, a 500-seat auditorium, banquet facilities and many other things a community needs to be healthy. The center will offer theatrical programming, art exhibitions and cooking classes. These are amenities missing now from this part of the city.......

View attachment 11224

Last edited:
My My MY all these freedom of religioN loving fuckturds coming outta da wood work in August will be all about FREEDOM FROM Religion come Christmas. yOUR SLIMEY ASSES AREN'T FOOLING ANYBODY.

I look at it as a private property issue but comparing that to displaying the Ten Commandments at the Courthouse or a display of Jesus at a School just isn't the same as private property, I really could care less about the religious issues on public grounds , I would think each local community could decide on that issue but as long as Religion is involved, there will ALWAYS be dissension;imho anyway.

so Wry....do you think its not a good idea to build there just because of the way MANY people feel about it.....like Drac said....." may be legal but it is very very poor taste and not a wise thing to do."....and these people should by now realize this.....if they go ahead and build and they get the retaliation from the more radical amongst us,which we know will eventually happen,they have no one to blame but themselves....

It's not my place to decide if it's a good idea or not; and people's feelings about this issue have nothing to do with the law or the principles upon which our Republic was founded. It is a bad idea to blame a religion for the actions of a few.
As for the possibility of "retaliation", IMHO it is much more likely when people like Gingrich, Palin, King (R, NY) and Limbaugh speak out as agents of hate and fear, giving tacit approval to the "more radical amongst us".

Forum List

Back