Why do so few think of consequences?

The hysterica which has taken over this MB and the talking heads for the past few days would be funny if displayed in a movie. Herd mentality is not rational, and it is not funny when it shapes the politics of the day.
What damage is done if a temple or church or mosque is built? And yet a local board approved a building and the herd went hysterical.
Stop for a minute and consider how an average muslim might feel by the 'outrage' of Gingrich, Palin or Peter King (R, NY) who characterize a billion people who worship in the Islamic Faith unworthy, simply because of their culture and the religion they practice.
The actors who carried out the mass murder on Sept. 11, 2001 were extremists, those who condemn a billion people for the acts of a few prove they too subscribe to an ends and means philosophy.
Those who don't question the motives of politicians and propagandists who create the climate of hysteria are no less extreme, for the words of hate spewed by Gingrich, Palin, King, Limbaugh, et al lead to the death of innocents, as surely as the actions of the 19 criminals did on Nine-Eleven.

The outrage at desecration should be directed at why, after nearly ten years hasn't the World Trade Center been rebuilt? Why is their no fitting tribute to those who died on this hallowed ground?

That is the real desecration to the memory of those who were killed. Not misdirected outrage at a bunch of Muslims who had nothing to do with the attacks

The outrage at desecration should be directed at why, after nearly ten years hasn't the World Trade Center been rebuilt?

We have collectively become so passive and dependent on bureaucracy that we have no constructive impetus to challenge ourselves anymore.:(

The hysterica which has taken over this MB and the talking heads for the past few days would be funny if displayed in a movie. Herd mentality is not rational, and it is not funny when it shapes the politics of the day.
What damage is done if a temple or church or mosque is built? And yet a local board approved a building and the herd went hysterical.
Stop for a minute and consider how an average muslim might feel by the 'outrage' of Gingrich, Palin or Peter King (R, NY) who characterize a billion people who worship in the Islamic Faith unworthy, simply because of their culture and the religion they practice.
The actors who carried out the mass murder on Sept. 11, 2001 were extremists, those who condemn a billion people for the acts of a few prove they too subscribe to an ends and means philosophy.
Those who don't question the motives of politicians and propagandists who create the climate of hysteria are no less extreme, for the words of hate spewed by Gingrich, Palin, King, Limbaugh, et al lead to the death of innocents, as surely as the actions of the 19 criminals did on Nine-Eleven.

The outrage at desecration should be directed at why, after nearly ten years hasn't the World Trade Center been rebuilt? Why is their no fitting tribute to those who died on this hallowed ground?

That is the real desecration to the memory of those who were killed. Not misdirected outrage at a bunch of Muslims who had nothing to do with the attacks

where oh where is that link proving the had nothing to do with attacks?

My My MY all these freedom of religioN loving fuckturds coming outta da wood work in August will be all about FREEDOM FROM Religion come Christmas. yOUR SLIMEY ASSES AREN'T FOOLING ANYBODY.

You're drinking early today. :eusa_whistle:

No a drop, Reality bites your ass every time.

Stoopidity bites yours. You might want to check your spelling and cap key. I don't know, maybe you lost your bifocals or something.

Legally they can build that Mosque, or whatever it is, on their own land.

If they do build it then I feel its a terribly insensitive thing to do. I don't care if they think their motives are good.

I'm sure the survivors of the victims of 9-11 will be the first to go visit the new mosque. Yeah Right. Jeeze.

I kinda find it funny that so many who want to inject their moral beliefs into this issue and wear their Christianity on their sleeves...curse like sailors and are so uncivil to someone for merely stating an opinion

Its actually a prayer center in a cummunity center.

But the hate of some Americans has turned it into a AQ recruitment center.

Im so sick of Americans forgetting what this country is all about and acting like frightened lemmings.

We have become much more of a fear driven society.
Sad really.

"we" have let the terrorists win.
Their objective is to spread terror and they have succeeded outstandingly in America.

lets see ....

they have a right to propose building a building on land they own and proposing the uses in it....

a muslim community and cultural center near a site which was bombed by by muslims in the name of a holy war against the great satan...

insensitive to say the least but legal.....

so those that voice their opposition to this use in this location also have every right to voice their opposition and try to stop it from being built.....

as for the imam that will be in charge of this community and cultural center....given his embassador of peace claim that he can not comment on the disposition of political or government entities such as hamas but in the next breath lays blame for 911 at the feet of america....

leeds me to this.....if it is a community and cultural center...then it is not a church and not protected under freedom of religion....and the man's motives given his political stance are in question same as several other imams that claimed to be pro peace only to later flee to the me after orchestrating attacks on the us....

so find me a proven honest imam with a track record in america that is teaching "peaceful" islam and he can build his mosque ... but not this guy ... not this building and not in this location .....

It's simple.

Republicans have nothing to run on, ever. No one likes their underlying aims: tax cuts for the rich, no regulation on business, ending medicare and social security. So they have to run on fear. They find an issue and blow it all out of proportion to distract from the facts: their platform is unsustainable.

In your opinion. The mosque/cultural cente, is all about religious freedom, if one supports the Constitution of the United States. It is not wise, in my opinon, to characterize all muslims as terrorists, or fellow travelers of terrorism.
BTW, if the hysteria of the herd is any indication, most Americans don't think. Most Americans react emotionally, out of fear and hate cultivated by those with an agenda.

so Wry....do you think its not a good idea to build there just because of the way MANY people feel about it.....like Drac said....." may be legal but it is very very poor taste and not a wise thing to do."....and these people should by now realize this.....if they go ahead and build and they get the retaliation from the more radical amongst us,which we know will eventually happen,they have no one to blame but themselves....

Someone hit the siren alarm for the most IRONIC FUCKING POST OF THE DAY.

no, you stupid fucking taint master, it will be rightfully blamed on whatever radical element decided to shirk our laws and retaliate against something which was never legally conflicted.

congrats, you dumb bastard! You just made the exact same mental exercise that Mohammed Atta did.

My My MY all these freedom of religioN loving fuckturds coming outta da wood work in August will be all about FREEDOM FROM Religion come Christmas. yOUR SLIMEY ASSES AREN'T FOOLING ANYBODY.

WE are not the ones who demand that evry retain venue says "jesus" every other word, bitch.

seriously, YOU don't even realize how hilariously ironic you are right now, do you?

Legally they can build that Mosque, or whatever it is, on their own land.

If they do build it then I feel its a terribly insensitive thing to do. I don't care if they think their motives are good.

I'm sure the survivors of the victims of 9-11 will be the first to go visit the new mosque. Yeah Right. Jeeze.

well.. maybe the AMERICAN MUSLIM SURVIVORS WILL...

...not that they show up as even a blip on your gay fucking radar, bitch.

lets see ....

they have a right to propose building a building on land they own and proposing the uses in it....

a muslim community and cultural center near a site which was bombed by by muslims in the name of a holy war against the great satan...

so those that voice their opposition to this use in this location also have every right to voice their opposition and try to stop it from being built.....

Tasteful or not (which it isn't), one side has the law on their side and the other doesn't. I'm not willing to trash the constitution because someone's insensitivity pisses me off.

Come on. That's just "Republicans being Republicans". No one expects much from them. No one ever has. Name something they did during the last 10 years that has helped the middle class.

lets see ....

Tasteful or not (which it isn't), one side has the law on their side and the other doesn't. I'm not willing to trash the constitution because someone's insensitivity pisses me off.

i believe both sides have the law on thier side.....one side can propose development and the other can oppose development....

if it is a church they can paint the other side with the freedom of religion brush...if it is a community center then they can't ....

in either case there are building code and zoning laws that they will need to navigate.... not to mention construction unions and code enforcement unions .....

their battle to get this built in ny is far from over ....

It's simple.

Republicans have nothing to run on, ever. No one likes their underlying aims: tax cuts for the rich, no regulation on business, ending medicare and social security. So they have to run on fear. They find an issue and blow it all out of proportion to distract from the facts: their platform is unsustainable.

I see what your saying but at the same time I don't know if it's that black and white, I mean, I see polls that show most people polled consider themselves to be conservative or lean right yet the GOP numbers are falling:eusa_eh:

I do see the "fear" card seems to be their "ace" though and I for one don't see how so many buy into it. BTW, the Democratic Party has it's share too in the "oh my God, the ice bergs are melting" crowd or they will say things like "why do you hate the children" when things like SCHIP was opposed, talk about playing on emotions:cuckoo:

It's simple.

I see what your saying but at the same time I don't know if it's that black and white, I mean, I see polls that show most people polled consider themselves to be conservative or lean right yet the GOP numbers are falling:eusa_eh:

I do see the "fear" card seems to be their "ace" though and I for one don't see how so many buy into it. BTW, the Democratic Party has it's share too in the "oh my God, the ice bergs are melting" crowd or they will say things like "why do you hate the children" when things like SCHIP was opposed, talk about playing on emotions:cuckoo:
Republicans aren't exactly conservatives. If they were, they'd have actual platforms.

Its actually a prayer center in a cummunity center.

But the hate of some Americans has turned it into a AQ recruitment center.

Im so sick of Americans forgetting what this country is all about and acting like frightened lemmings.

We have become much more of a fear driven society.
Sad really.

"we" have let the terrorists win.
Their objective is to spread terror and they have succeeded outstandingly in America.

That is exactly what the right is doing ,they are doing the terror recruting for AQ.

They are making this country look like a Muslim hating country that AQ can convince fools to attack.

This country was founded on the freedom of religion.

These idiots must think the muslim religion is far better than their own religion or they would not fear what happens in a mosque or prayer center.

It's simple.

Republicans aren't exactly conservatives. If they were, they'd have actual platforms.

Touche'

Forum List

Back