Why do Republicans say Democrat Party instead of Democratic Party?

The fact that R's so consistently say Democrat instead of Democratic has always fascinated me.

Is there a Republican rule book that gets handed out once you get elected? Do they get threatened with fines if they say Democratic?

When that North Carolina Democrat defected to the R's earlier this year, she immediately started saying Democrat Party instead of Democratic Party. It was kind of hilarious.

I'm guessing that only some of them realize that it's an insult. That's being charitable. They're mostly too stupid too realize that when they say it they sound like illiterate morons. But I guess some of them think they're being clever, since their only purpose in life, besides protecting the wealthy, is to annoy Democrats.

Anyway, if you need any proof that the party is a cult, you can start with this behavior.
I do it to insult sensitive libs like you

The fact that R's so consistently say Democrat instead of Democratic has always fascinated me.

Is there a Republican rule book that gets handed out once you get elected? Do they get threatened with fines if they say Democratic?

When that North Carolina Democrat defected to the R's earlier this year, she immediately started saying Democrat Party instead of Democratic Party. It was kind of hilarious.

I'm guessing that only some of them realize that it's an insult. That's being charitable. They're mostly too stupid too realize that when they say it they sound like illiterate morons. But I guess some of them think they're being clever, since their only purpose in life, besides protecting the wealthy, is to annoy Democrats.

Anyway, if you need any proof that the party is a cult, you can start with this behavior.
I’ve been calling it the democrat Party because it’s fewer words than Progressive Fascist Party

You can thank the previous cult leader for that. Linbaugh (may he rot in hell)

Because of the environment they were raised and educated in - nature and nurture. Born stupid and raised stupid.

Last edited:
Out of the many things I find irrelevant and unimportant this is one of them.
I would normally agree with you, but when you have such a bizarre (and let's face it, childish) behavior like this so widespread through a group of people it kind of takes on a different meaning. How can a Democrat ever take a Republican seriously if the R doesn't even have the common courtesy to refer to the other party by their correct name?

That makes it neither irrelevant nor unimportant.

I would normally agree with you, but when you have such a bizarre (and let's face it, childish) behavior like this so widespread through a group of people it kind of takes on a different meaning. How can a Democrat ever take a Republican seriously if the R doesn't even have the common courtesy to refer to the other party by their correct name?

That makes it neither irrelevant nor unimportant.
This from the same people who use childish slang terms like trumpbot and trumptard. People should focus more on the idiocy on their own side before criticizing the other being unwilling to do so is what makes things like this irrelevant and unimportant.

Why do you take it as an insult?

Every democrat I know has referred to themselves as a democrat…maybe that’s why..

But I guess I get why someone today would want to distance themselves from that

Forum List

Back