Why do Republicans hate the poor?

Why do people hate the poor?

Fear, mostly.

Also there is a sort of magical thinking that some people display when it comes to any kind of victim.

That magical thought process mostly works like this...

People do not want to believe that bad things might happen to them.

So in order to feel okay about their fate they tells themselves that VICTIMS OF CIRCUMSTANCE all brought it upon themselves.

In that way, those suffering with magical thinking can tell themselves that "as long as I do everything right, nothing bad can EVER happen to me".

Fear is the operative factor that leads most people who HATE the poor, to hate the poor.

Hysterical bullshit.

I see no evidence that anyone, Republican, Democrat, or anyone else, actually 'hates' the poor.

Mindless drivel resulting from a desire to score points over those who hold different political views... that's what 'hate' is.

Frankly, in my opinion, anyone who plays the 'why do XXX hate XXX' is a fucking idiot. If it's a flame, it's a pathetic one. And if it's a serious opinion, then that person should seek professional help because there is something seriously wrong with them.

:lol: Why do you hate Ravi...?

Why do people hate the poor?

Fear, mostly.

Also there is a sort of magical thinking that some people display when it comes to any kind of victim.

That magical thought process mostly works like this...

People do not want to believe that bad things might happen to them.

So in order to feel okay about their fate they tells themselves that VICTIMS OF CIRCUMSTANCE all brought it upon themselves.

In that way, those suffering with magical thinking can tell themselves that "as long as I do everything right, nothing bad can EVER happen to me".

Fear is the operative factor that leads most people who HATE the poor, to hate the poor.

Hysterical bullshit.

I see no evidence that anyone, Republican, Democrat, or anyone else, actually 'hates' the poor.

Mindless drivel resulting from a desire to score points over those who hold different political views... that's what 'hate' is.

Frankly, in my opinion, anyone who plays the 'why do XXX hate XXX' is a fucking idiot. If it's a flame, it's a pathetic one. And if it's a serious opinion, then that person should seek professional help because there is something seriously wrong with them.

thh!

If only she unleashed her temper on the righties like the idiot that inspired this thread.

There was a thread about the poor in America not being as poor as the poor in third world countries and the implication was that this was a bad thing.

Why is this? Why exactly do Republicans hate the poor and how does it serve them to have Americans starving in the streets?

It's really not "Republicans"..it's conservatives. It only looks like Republicans because now the Republicans are extremely conservative now.

They don't hate the poor. Who the heck is going to fight the wars? Who the heck is going to clean their houses? Who the heck are going to work in their businesses? Who the heck are they going to get organs from?

They don't hate the poor at all.

What they hate is the poor having the same rights as them.

Last edited:
You make it sound as if only the rich have personal responsibilities. The majority of this country is poor, and their numbers are growing by the day. Is the single mother who works 2 jobs everyday for minimum wage living up to her personal responsibilities? I should think so.

The majority of the country is poor because of decisions THEY MADE. Why is she a single mother of two, working 2 minimum wage jobs? Did she allow herself to get pregnant before she had a ring on her finger and a husband who could support her? Did she suddenly decide that being married was no longer "fun" and walk out on her husband? Does she even know who the children's father is, or more likely ARE (being more than one individual)? When one fails to live a good, decent, proper, and moral life ONE GETS WHAT ONE DESERVES!!!! A very large portion of the citizenry of this country make the residents of Sodom and Gamora look like characters at Walt Disney World.

Now, on the somewhat unusual occasion that her situation is NOT her fault (and there are some out there) I have less of a problem with helping her out. Providing that the situation isn't her fault and she is doing everything within her power to get her family into a position to no longer need the assistance.

Looking at your profile I see how you are a design drafter. That is a great job to have right now and I bet you hold a degree in it. The thing is that not everyone have the opportunity to go to college as you did. Many of this nations poor have to drop out of school to help support their family. They know that more than likely they will never be much better off than they are now. But they hang in there and work as hard as hell, teach their kids morals and values and do what they can. Responsibility has a lot more meaning to them than anyone.

It's a decent job. My skills are a little behind the time, as it's been 17 years since I graduated college, but I get by. I didn't go to a $40K a year college. My entire Associates Degree cost less than $38K and of that a little over half was covered by scholarships based on my academic prowess, my heritage (SAR), and other extra-curricular activities. A little more was dealt with by financial aid. I took one $3,000 personal loan and the rest my parents were willing to help me out with.

I was talking about this with my mother the other day.... When the hell did College become a requirement for being able to financially provide for one's family? A friend of mine who attended the local vo-tech high school now makes three to four times what I do as a plumber, without a college degree. Those people who are in these situations are generally there because THEY MADE BAD DECISIONS. Why am I supposed to support these people ad infinitum simply because they didn't have the values, brains, or common sense to do the right thing in the first place?

Are there good people out there who've been dealt a crappy hand? DEFINITELY, and they deserve a little bit of a helping hand; so long as they are working to correct the issue and get to a place where they no longer need that helping hand. The idea of this assistance as a perpetual thing is ludicrous in my mind.

You should take some time off work and instead of a luxury vacation go spend some time in the Appellation mountains and see the REAL AMERICANS.

You know what I tend to do on my vacations? I go to shooting competitions, or medieval recreation events or get together with friends of mine in Pennsylvania, or go visit historical sights around the Eastern US. There are no luxury vacations for me and never have been. Nor is there a luxury car, a 2000 square foot home, or anything like that.

I have great respect and admiration for the back-country people of Appalachia. They are the backbone of what this country was intended to be. The stock I come from were swamp yankees (the New England equivelant of rednecks) themselves. In fact it's only been two generations since my branch of the family left the farm, and there are parts of my family that still do make at least part of their living farming and raising livestock. These people have chosen the style of life they wish to live. From what I have seen, most of those Appalachian people would be appalled at the idea of taking money from the Government, just as I am.

There was a thread about the poor in America not being as poor as the poor in third world countries and the implication was that this was a bad thing.

Why is this? Why exactly do Republicans hate the poor and how does it serve them to have Americans starving in the streets?

I think the implication is actually that poverty is relative.

I know you like to think you live in a binary world where everything is black and white, but you don't.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

It's really not "Republicans"..it's conservatives. It only looks like Republicans because now the Republicans are extremely conservative now.

They don't hate the poor. Who the heck is going to fight the wars? Who the heck is going to clean their houses? Who the heck are going to work in their businesses? Who the heck are they going to get organs from?

Liar.

Hysterical bullshit.

thh!

If only she unleashed her temper on the righties like the idiot that inspired this thread.

That wasn't me 'unleashing' my temper. And I do slam them, you probably just don't see it.... but it's there if you look for it.

Then they have much in common with the Democrats, with that irrational inflated and overblown image of themselves.

Between the total fucking morons in both parties, y'all are ruining a perfectly decent country.

You all, you mean? Your stupid R party is trying to take America down for the few who own them. It's pretty hilarious that you don't even see that nobody is getting rich but special interests.

What a laugh you are turning out to be every morning here.

I have no party. I treat both with disdain. I know that's difficult for you to comprehend but we are not all followers. Some of us walk our own political path.

I have no idea how you form the opinion that I don't see "that nobody is getting rich but the special interests".... care to share where how exactly you know that about me?

This is what you said:

Since I'm not a Republican, I can't speak for them but I doubt that they 'hate the poor' or that they 'embrace poverty'. I suspect that they have different ideas on how to deal with it.

And then:

Seems to me that the liberal way is to feed them, the conservative way is to teach them to feed themselves.

You make arbitrary comments about Democrats and what you think you know about them. You have no idea that you come across like a giant Republican talking point.

You're not a Repub but you really love the Repub mindset.. It doesn't make sense.

Put the crack pipe down..

Liar.

And you're stupid...

...for calling someone a liar for voicing their opinion. :cuckoo:

I don't believe Republicans hate the poor, I'm fairly certain most Republicans don't think about the poor or what is might be like to be poor, some simply choose to place blame on them for not being "personally responsible" - another right wing cliche in want of a definition.

In a bit of irony, my judgment is many Republicans are too judgmental and lack empathy, it comes with other attributes common to most R's: Avarice, Bigorty and a Callous disregard for anyone 'different' from themselves.

It is baffling why a Republican would hate the poor, without the poor who would they blame for our failing economy? Isn't it the underclass, the working poor who demand social security after decades of toil? And what of those hurt on a job and unable to work - they too demand pay for sitting in their wheelchair doing nothing - how rude, how entitiled they must be. Don't they realize they are taking money from the better off and the wealthy who would produce jobs but not for having to pay for the disgusting poor.

I don't believe Republicans hate the poor, I'm fairly certain most Republicans don't think about the poor or what is might be like to be poor, some simply choose to place blame on them for not being "personally responsible" - another right wing cliche in want of a definition.

In a bit of irony, my judgment is many Republicans are too judgmental and lack empathy, it comes with other attributes common to most R's: Avarice, Bigorty and a Callous disregard for anyone 'different' from themselves.

It is baffling why a Republican would hate the poor, without the poor who would they blame for our failing economy? Isn't it the underclass, the working poor who demand social security after decades of toil? And what of those hurt on a job and unable to work - they too demand pay for sitting in their wheelchair doing nothing - how rude, how entitiled they must be. Don't they realize they are taking money from the better off and the wealthy who would produce jobs but not for having to pay for the disgusting poor.

I'm sure you are right that some Republicans think it's all down to 'personal responsibility'. And they would be wrong. But it's an easy answer.... and certain people prefer easy answers to honest answers. Because with that honesty comes some very difficult answers.

The rest of your post.... crap.

It all comes from people who were born on third base and act like they hit a triple. They mock people who were born with two strikes against them and tell them they could be as successful if they only worked harder

It all comes from people who were born on third base and act like they hit a triple. They mock people who were born with two strikes against them and tell them they could be as successful if they only worked harder

The son pays for the sins of his father. It says so right in the Bible.

Horse shit. My father raised 7 kids on a non-union mechanics paycheck, He taught us to get an education and support ourselves and our families. Yeah work harder and smarter. this is still the land of opportunity, too bad so many refuse to see it.

That's not how I read it. I read it as 'American poor are fortunate as their level of poverty isn't nearly as bad as most in the world'.

Being poor sucks; being poor in American sucks much less than being poor elsewhere.

Welfare recipients are independently wealthy. They do for no one including themselves.
Fucking scumbags, all of them.
Created by the democrats... Votes go a long way especially these days.

Last edited:

I won't speak for Republicans, but Conservatives tend to think about the poor mostly because we're the ones who end up paying for them. We don't think about what it would be like to be poor because we understand how not to be poor and have a work ethic that provides us with a very good chance of never being there ourselves.

Personal Responsibility is the concept that the only person who is in charge of your own well-being is YOU. You make the decisions and you are forced to accept the consequences of those decisions. Decide to drop out of school, get arrested, get pregnant without being married, etc.... you get to deal with the ramifications.

You hit it right on the head. Of course some of us see those as positive attributes rather than negative ones.

It is baffling why a Republican would hate the poor, without the poor who would they blame for our failing economy?

LOL. If it weren't for the poor and misguided souls draining this country dry, the economy wouldn't be in the shape it's in. If we had never allowed those banks to make loans to people they knew could never pay them back. If 30%+ of my paycheck wasn't STOLEN every week to pay for Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, Welfare, and all these other ridiculous programs. If we actually forced the working poor to put something back into the system rather than just taking from it. We would all be a lot better off.

When we make it too easy on these poor people there is no incentive to be anything else. They're fed, clothed and housed. What the hell else does one need in life? Let them spend some time in the cardboard boxes, rummaging through dumpsters for clothing and food. THEN maybe they'll get the idea that they don't want to ever have to do that again.

You all, you mean? Your stupid R party is trying to take America down for the few who own them. It's pretty hilarious that you don't even see that nobody is getting rich but special interests.

What a laugh you are turning out to be every morning here.

I have no party. I treat both with disdain. I know that's difficult for you to comprehend but we are not all followers. Some of us walk our own political path.

I have no idea how you form the opinion that I don't see "that nobody is getting rich but the special interests".... care to share where how exactly you know that about me?

This is what you said:

Since I'm not a Republican, I can't speak for them but I doubt that they 'hate the poor' or that they 'embrace poverty'. I suspect that they have different ideas on how to deal with it.

And then:

Seems to me that the liberal way is to feed them, the conservative way is to teach them to feed themselves.

You make arbitrary comments about Democrats and what you think you know about them. You have no idea that you come across like a giant Republican talking point.

You're not a Repub but you really love the Repub mindset.. It doesn't make sense.

Put the crack pipe down..

She's not a Republican..she just plays one on TV.

Horse shit. My father raised 7 kids on a non-union mechanics paycheck, He taught us to get an education and support ourselves and our families. Yeah work harder and smarter. this is still the land of opportunity, too bad so many refuse to see it.

Are you among the wealthiest Americans? No question that you can rise from poverty and reach first base, even second base

But you shouldn't be criticised because you did not hit a home run

That's not how I read it. I read it as 'American poor are fortunate as their level of poverty isn't nearly as bad as most in the world'.

Being poor sucks; being poor in American sucks much less than being poor elsewhere.

Welfare recipients are independently wealthy. They do for no one including themselves.
Fucking scumbags, all of them.
Created by the democrats... Votes go a long way especially these days.

The Right Wing does not hate the poor?

Case closed

They hate the poor because the majority of them are just one or two paychecks or a couple of bad breaks away from being one themselves.

Forum List

Back