Why do Republicans hate the poor?

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
There was a thread about the poor in America not being as poor as the poor in third world countries and the implication was that this was a bad thing.

Why is this? Why exactly do Republicans hate the poor and how does it serve them to have Americans starving in the streets?

There was a thread about the poor in America not being as poor as the poor in third world countries and the implication was that this was a bad thing.

Why is this? Why exactly do Republicans hate the poor and how does it serve them to have Americans starving in the streets?

I'll help you Ms. Intentionally Ignorant.

They hate POVERTY. Not the people who live in it.

Do you have an address where I can see this?

And big cities don't count as they are run by liberal democrats.

By the standard in that thread, nobody should ever complain ever because there is someone in another country who is suffering far worse than you.

I guess if that were the case, then people complaining about our debt should stop complaining then since countries like Ghana and Somalia are currently far worse off than we are. But of course, that's insane.

Very simply, most of us Conservatives (not Republicans) are believers in PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. The poor are generally so because they failed to live up to their Personal Responsibilities.

The better question, Ravi, is why do you resent the poor so much?

That's not how I read it. I read it as 'American poor are fortunate as their level of poverty isn't nearly as bad as most in the world'.

Being poor sucks; being poor in American sucks much less than being poor elsewhere.

That's not how I read it. I read it as 'American poor are fortunate as their level of poverty isn't nearly as bad as most in the world'.

Being poor sucks; being poor in American sucks much less than being poor elsewhere.

Hence my suggestion:

This should be the thread title:

Breaking News: Poor in Richest Nation on Earth unsurprisingly doing better than Middle Class and Poor in Poorest Nations on Earth.

But I suppose that would be too long.

No, they hate the poor. They embrace poverty.

It's been that way since Reagan, maybe longer.

Otherwise they'd address poverty, but they don't, aside from stating that it is the fault of the poor that they are poor.

Do you have an address where I can see this?

And big cities don't count as they are run by liberal democrats.
An address? Not in big cities (though why are you scornful of poor people in big cities?) Yeah, any rural place in the South.

Very simply, most of us Conservatives (not Republicans) are believers in PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. The poor are generally so because they failed to live up to their Personal Responsibilities.
:lol: This from a guy that whines about his lot in life. Dismissed.

Otherwise they'd address poverty, but they don't, aside from stating that it is the fault of

the poor that they are poor.

Doesn't matter---the federal reserve is in charge of financial policies. Ask them why there are so many miserable poor people.

The better question, Ravi, is why do you resent the poor so much?
Please be more detailed and explain how I resent the poor.

Otherwise they'd address poverty, but they don't, aside from stating that it is the fault of

Doesn't matter---the federal reserve is in charge of financial policies. Ask them why there are so many miserable poor people.

Oh, okay, blame the Republican hatred of the poor on a conspiracy theory.

I don't expect anything else from you, dillo, so bow out.

Oh, okay, blame the Republican hatred of the poor on a conspiracy theory.

I don't expect anything else from you, dillo, so bow out.

The Federal Reserve is real--trust me on that one.;)

Who cares about the Poor?

It turns out that this idea that liberals give more…is a myth. Of the top 25 states where people give an above average percent of their income, 24 were red states in the last presidential election.

Arthur Brooks, the author of "Who Really Cares," says that "when you look at the data, it turns out the conservatives give about 30 percent more." He adds, "And incidentally, conservative-headed families make slightly less money."

Who Gives and Who Doesn't? - ABC News

It turns out that this idea that liberals give more…is a myth. Of the top 25 states where people give an above average percent of their income, 24 were red states in the last presidential election.

Arthur Brooks, the author of "Who Really Cares," says that "when you look at the data, it turns out the conservatives give about 30 percent more." He adds, "And incidentally, conservative-headed families make slightly less money."

This again. The same study from 2006. Do you have the updated numbers at this point?

If I had a nickel for every time this study was linked at USMB, I would be a millionaire. :lol:

This again. The same study from 2006. Do you have the updated numbers at this point?

If I had a nickel for every time this study was linked at USMB, I would be a millionaire. :lol:

Think maybe then you could give to the poor? Better question is do you have any study that disproves this?

Why do Republicans hate the poor?

Really, these blanket unfounded generalizations coming from both sides are incorrect and wearing on my last nerve, and serve no purpose except to keep folks confused with BS and get votes. Neither side is doing the country any good by stating half truths, instilling fear in folks and downright lying. I don't know how any voter is suppose to come up with a reasonable conclusion when the facts are being so blatantly misrepresented. It's shameful.

Forum List

Back