Why do Republicans hate the poor?

Why do Republicans hate the poor?

To any outside observer, it certainly appears that way. Of course, the hate doesn't stop with the poor, that much is clear.

They actually love the poor

They get to use the poor as whipping boys and blame them for all that is wrong with our society

"Pay no attention to the increasing wealth of the rich.....the reason you are struggling is because poor people are too well off"

There was a thread about the poor in America not being as poor as the poor in third world countries and the implication was that this was a bad thing.

Why is this? Why exactly do Republicans hate the poor and how does it serve them to have Americans starving in the streets?

I'll help you Ms. Intentionally Ignorant.

They hate POVERTY. Not the people who live in it.

No, they hate the poor. They embrace poverty.

It's been that way since Reagan, maybe longer.

Otherwise they'd address poverty, but they don't, aside from stating that it is the fault of the poor that they are poor.

so ...what? I'm supposed to stop whipping my gardener because YOU say so?

you don't boss me!:evil:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE7CEycI7nc]‪Successful Troll Song (with lyrics)‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Very simply, most of us Conservatives (not Republicans) are believers in PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. The poor are generally so because they failed to live up to their Personal Responsibilities.

Your statement really disturbs me, and I am trying hard to think of how to respond to it. You make it sound as if only the rich have personal responsibilities. The majority of this country is poor, and their numbers are growing by the day. Is the single mother who works 2 jobs everyday for minimum wage living up to her personal responsibilities? I should think so.

Looking at your profile I see how you are a design drafter. That is a great job to have right now and I bet you hold a degree in it. The thing is that not everyone have the opportunity to go to college as you did. Many of this nations poor have to drop out of school to help support their family. They know that more than likely they will never be much better off than they are now. But they hang in there and work as hard as hell, teach their kids morals and values and do what they can. Responsibility has a lot more meaning to them than anyone.

You should take some time off work and instead of a luxury vacation go spend some time in the Appellation mountains and see the REAL AMERICANS.

They get to use the poor as whipping boys and blame them for all that is wrong with our society

"Pay no attention to the increasing wealth of the rich.....the reason you are struggling is because poor people are too well off"
Good point.

Sadly, more and more Americans have landed at "poor" since the economy began collapsing. And Republicans have done nothing to help their fellow Americans. Aside from bitch at how well off the poor really are.

There was a thread about the poor in America not being as poor as the poor in third world countries and the implication was that this was a bad thing.

Why is this? Why exactly do Republicans hate the poor and how does it serve them to have Americans starving in the streets?
The poor, in the nation formerly known as the USA, are far more poor than many living in so called third world nations.The "poor" where I live ride horses to town, cook on wood fires from the forest( just branches), keep pigs,tilapia, chickens,rabbits, goats etc, grow veggies and all sorts of fruits, make cheese, moonshine and marmalade. Try that in the land of FreeDumb. They'll arrest your ass for trying to sell a glass of lemonade !
Your masters hate YOUR freedoms." OH you cant keep chickens there ! ( I own stock in Purdue) Here's your fine.

Otherwise they'd address poverty, but they don't, aside from stating that it is the fault of the poor that they are poor.

Since I'm not a Republican, I can't speak for them but I doubt that they 'hate the poor' or that they 'embrace poverty'. I suspect that they have different ideas on how to deal with it.

Seems to me that the liberal way is to feed them, the conservative way is to teach them to feed themselves.

Since I'm not a Republican, I can't speak for them but I doubt that they 'hate the poor' or that they 'embrace poverty'. I suspect that they have different ideas on how to deal with it.

Seems to me that the liberal way is to feed them, the conservative way is to teach them to feed themselves.
I noticed the fence is getting flimsy. Maybe we need to reinforce it ? More and more standing on the top rail between the sheep perhaps ?

So Republicans cut education, healthcare, planned parenthood? You all have such an inflated and overblown image of yourselves. Irrationally so..

Good point.

Sadly, more and more Americans have landed at "poor" since the economy began collapsing. And Republicans have done nothing to help their fellow Americans. Aside from bitch at how well off the poor really are.

It goes beyond that...

It's the poor are lazy and stupid and deserve their lot in life
The poor waste what we give them on extravagances we can't afford
The poor could be rich if they only tried harder

It all is a diversion to keep us from realizing where more and more of the wealth is going

So Republicans cut education, healthcare, planned parenthood? You all have such an inflated and overblown image of yourselves. Irrationally so..

Then they have much in common with the Democrats, with that irrational inflated and overblown image of themselves.

Between the total fucking morons in both parties, y'all are ruining a perfectly decent country.

Then they have much in common with the Democrats, with that irrational inflated and overblown image of themselves.

Between the total fucking morons in both parties, y'all are ruining a perfectly decent country.

You all, you mean? Your stupid R party is trying to take America down for the few who own them. It's pretty hilarious that you don't even see that nobody is getting rich but special interests.

What a laugh you are turning out to be every morning here.

You all, you mean? Your stupid R party is trying to take America down for the few who own them. It's pretty hilarious that you don't even see that nobody is getting rich but special interests.

What a laugh you are turning out to be every morning here.

I have no party. I treat both with disdain. I know that's difficult for you to comprehend but we are not all followers. Some of us walk our own political path.

I have no idea how you form the opinion that I don't see "that nobody is getting rich but the special interests".... care to share where how exactly you know that about me?

Why do people hate the poor?

Fear, mostly.

Also there is a sort of magical thinking that some people display when it comes to any kind of victim.

That magical thought process mostly works like this...

People do not want to believe that bad things might happen to them.

So in order to feel okay about their fate they tells themselves that VICTIMS OF CIRCUMSTANCE all brought it upon themselves.

In that way, those suffering with magical thinking can tell themselves that "as long as I do everything right, nothing bad can EVER happen to me".

Fear is the operative factor that leads most people who HATE the poor, to hate the poor.

Why do people hate the poor?

Fear, mostly.

Also there is a sort of magical thinking that some people display when it comes to any kind of victim.

That magical thought process mostly works like this...

People do not want to believe that bad things might happen to them.

So in order to feel okay about their fate they tells themselves that VICTIMS OF CIRCUMSTANCE all brought it upon themselves.

In that way, those suffering with magical thinking can tell themselves that "as long as I do everything right, nothing bad can EVER happen to me".

Fear is the operative factor that leads most people who HATE the poor, to hate the poor.

Hysterical bullshit.

I see no evidence that anyone, Republican, Democrat, or anyone else, actually 'hates' the poor.

Mindless drivel resulting from a desire to score points over those who hold different political views... that's what 'hate' is.

Frankly, in my opinion, anyone who plays the 'why do XXX hate XXX' is a fucking idiot. If it's a flame, it's a pathetic one. And if it's a serious opinion, then that person should seek professional help because there is something seriously wrong with them.

Forum List

Back