Why Do People Vote if They Don't Care About What Others Think?

Some say that the key to success in politics is not caring about what others think. That way, you can have a thick-skin.

If people didn't care about what each other thinks, why would anyone vote? How would courts work? Why would people adhere to the rule of law?

:confused:

What?

Voting isn't about "caring" what other people think. Voting is about electing a person that best represents YOUR interests.

And there is a difference between having a "Thick Skin" and not caring what other people think.

The Thick Skin part is being able to weather personal criticism and still function in the best interests of the people you are serving.

The not caring..is just that..

You don't care.

Some say that the key to success in politics is not caring about what others think. That way, you can have a thick-skin.

If people didn't care about what each other thinks, why would anyone vote? How would courts work? Why would people adhere to the rule of law?

What?

Voting isn't about "caring" what other people think. Voting is about electing a person that best represents YOUR interests.

And there is a difference between having a "Thick Skin" and not caring what other people think.

The Thick Skin part is being able to weather personal criticism and still function in the best interests of the people you are serving.

You don't care.

I'm saying people vote for their self-interest in compelling others' thoughts. They don't care about what others think. They just want others to think in conforming to authority.

What?

You don't care.

I'm saying people vote for their self-interest in compelling others' thoughts. They don't care about what others think. They just want others to think in conforming to authority.

So you're saying people should vote against their self interest, for their neighbors interest?

I can't ever imagine me wrapping my head around that nonsense.

What?

You don't care.

So you're saying people should vote against their self interest, for their neighbors interest?

I can't ever imagine me wrapping my head around that nonsense.

I'm saying people shouldn't vote over interests. They should vote over obligations.

That way, people avoid being prejudiced.

Republicans are learning this very harshly right now with feminists, multiculturalists, environmentalists, and egalitarians voting in their own self-interests.

It's probably hyperbole when people say they don't care what others think, that is true.

Obviously true, actually.

I SUSPECT what people are really saying is that they don't care what people who can have no effect on their lives think about them.

What?

You don't care.

Unless of course you are black and cast your vote based solely upon skin color.

I do care about what others think.

I also care about the truth.

without the truth we all lose.

The right we have in this country today LIES non stop and denies facts all day long.

I really do care that FACTS be the basis of all our decisions.

Bad info in

Bad decisions out

If you care about how others think, how do you maintain a thick skin?

You're also ignoring the thought process between inputs and outcomes.

The shield of TRUTH protects me.

when you have the cold hard documented facts on your side that is sheild enough

tin-foil-hat.jpg

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Forum List

Back