Deep down, do people really care about the rule of law?

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
From my observations over the years, I've noticed that all people seem to have a breaking point when it comes to respecting the rule of law. I think we all have our limits as to what laws we will adhere to, and it does not matter much how society or the government tries to push those laws down our collective throats.

For example, if you lived in Nazi Germany, would you help them round up Jews? I wouldn't, even if it cost me my life.

So, where is your breaking point? We all have one.

And no, Leftists, I'm not impressed with a mob of people outnumbering me on any given subject. Might does not make right or you packing SCOTUS to declare to me what is right or wrong. I really could care less.

Apparently not.
What is your criteria for going along with any given law?

Is it the democratic process? Is it the Constitution? Is it the Bible? Is it something else?

From my observations over the years, I've noticed that all people seem to have a breaking point when it comes to respecting the rule of law. I think we all have our limits as to what laws we will adhere to, and it does not matter much how society or the government tries to push those laws down our collective throats.

For example, if you lived in Nazi Germany, would you help them round up Jews? I wouldn't, even if it cost me my life.

So, where is your breaking point? We all have one.

And no, Leftists, I'm not impressed with a mob of people outnumbering me on any given subject. Might does not make right or you packing SCOTUS to declare to me what is right or wrong. I really could care less.
Oh, please, if Trump got back into power and started rounding up the Mexicans, you'd be the first one to help.

Here's what you are really upset about. Your side in the minority... it's increasingly becoming the minority as old angry white people die and get replaced by people of color and young people who are hopeful.

So the real question is, how much more change are you willing to accept? The blacks are riding on the front of the bus, women are out of the kitchen and gays are out of the closet and this makes you angry for reasons.

Oh, please, if Trump got back into power and started rounding up the Mexicans, you'd be the first one to help.

Here's what you are really upset about. Your side in the minority... it's increasingly becoming the minority as old angry white people die and get replaced by people of color and young people who are hopeful.

So the real question is, how much more change are you willing to accept? The blacks are riding on the front of the bus, women are out of the kitchen and gays are out of the closet and this makes you angry for reasons.
The border should be secure so that voters can decide who gets in or out, but the Left is scared to give them that power.

you mean arresting and deporting ILLEGAL aliens? Heck yes.

If how blue cities are run is indication of their hope, they are well and truly fucked.

And the boys are lopping off their penises, the girls are being told being fat won't end their life early, and no one takes responsibility for anything.

We should have stopped 100% after the first two, and stopped at tolerance of homosexuality instead of plowing into forced celebration and acceptance.

OP, you're only asking this because you know you don't really care about the rule of law and you're trying to feel better about that.

Aren't you?
Would you care about the rule of law in Nazi Germany?

Yes or no?

If how blue cities are run is indication of their hope, they are well and truly fucked.

And the boys are lopping off their penises, the girls are being told being fat won't end their life early, and no one takes responsibility for anything.

We should have stopped 100% after the first two, and stopped at tolerance of homosexuality instead of plowing into forced celebration and acceptance.
Sanctuary cities is a good example of how the Left abhors laws on immigration they refuse to enforce or change.

Sanctuary cities is a good example of how the Left abhors laws on immigration they refuse to enforce.

Until now that they are being made to walk the walk. Hard.

Smartest thing Abbot and DeSantis have done so far.

Maybe it depends on what law, the penalties, and how it is enforced. Example: the recent ATF reg on AR-15 stabilizing pistol braces, where on Jan 31, 2023 the ATF declared the braces to be an NFA item must be registered and a $200 tax paid, despite the fact that prior to that it wasn't. Millions of people were affected, but only a relative few actually registered their gun while everyone else did not comply. Prohibition is another example.

Deep down, most of us have been brought up to be law-abiding citizens. But sometimes, not so much.

Dem legal scholars during the Obama regime warned us that governments blatant ignoring the laws they disagreed with would spread to the people also ignoring the law. And here we are, sky high crime and criminals running amok.

Apparently no one cares about speeding, or most traffic laws these days.

Oh, and the Drug War?
Are we still playing that stupid game?

Those are the most widely ignored.

You wanted tolerance when in the minority as it was given to you, but then became the majority and will crush the heads of your opponents, which you are doing.

That really says it all.

Soon, the Left will raise a whole generation of Americans that will embrace a second Holocaust as being socially just.

I'd rather leftists were rounded-up.

• Thanks
Reactions: DBA
The border should be secure so that voters can decide who gets in or out, but the Left is scared to give them that power.
Thanks for proving my point.
Thank for proving my point
Oh, noes, really? I guess we need to bully people into being something they aren't. Anorexia and Bulemia are much more healthy for girls.

Yes, how dare gays expect what straights take for granted.

You wanted tolerance when in the minority as it was given to you, but then became the majority and will crush the heads of your opponents, which you are doing.

That really says it all.

Soon, the Left will raise a whole generation of Americans that will embrace a second Holocaust as being socially just.

Wow, you take White Greivance Politics to a whole new level.

It wasn't minorities and gays who ruined your life. Other white people with more money did. ANd you let them do it.

You are one sick fuck.

I think most people do not understand the term and thus do not really think about it until faced with a legal problem. If there is legal issues they face then they find a lawyer or one will be appointed.

Forum List

Back