Deep down, do people really care about the rule of law?

From my observations over the years, I've noticed that all people seem to have a breaking point when it comes to respecting the rule of law. I think we all have our limits as to what laws we will adhere to, and it does not matter much how society or the government tries to push those laws down our collective throats.

For example, if you lived in Nazi Germany, would you help them round up Jews? I wouldn't, even if it cost me my life.

So, where is your breaking point? We all have one.

And no, Leftists, I'm not impressed with a mob of people outnumbering me on any given subject. Might does not make right or you packing SCOTUS to declare to me what is right or wrong. I really could care less.
This has been warned about for decades.

The reason we need the country to be viewed positively is because only a positively-viewed country can maintain its laws to be followed.

If a bunch of people attain power who don't view a country in a positive manner, that country's consititution becomes something not to be revered, but to be discarded when necessary to attain more power.

That's why the leftist, woke, anti-American left is dangerous... they are infiltrating linchpins/bottlenecks and using the power they gain to ignore the constitution to further step on the neck of their opponents in the least democracy-like way possible.. All while claiming the necks they are stepping on are "anti-democracy"

From my observations over the years, I've noticed that all people seem to have a breaking point when it comes to respecting the rule of law. I think we all have our limits as to what laws we will adhere to, and it does not matter much how society or the government tries to push those laws down our collective throats.

For example, if you lived in Nazi Germany, would you help them round up Jews? I wouldn't, even if it cost me my life.

And no, Leftists, I'm not impressed with a mob of people outnumbering me on any given subject. Might does not make right or you packing SCOTUS to declare to me what is right or wrong. I really could care less.
Yes, because it is the order that defines polite society,

Sorry, but I think your impression of what the Rule of Law is differs from what it really is.

The Rule of Law is not mean a how strict laws are or how strongly they are enforced.
The principle of the Rule of Law is to limit the ability of government to dictate.
The idea of the Rule of Law is that instead of government deciding arbitrarily to arrest people, the authority of government is restricted by what legislation is written down ahead of time.
The point of that is then since you do not know who it is going to be applied against, you will write the laws fairly, so that you have what is known as Blind Justice.
You will not write the laws unnecessarily harsh, since then that harshness could be applied against you or those you want to protect.
The Rule of Law is intended to prevent executive abuse by laws being applied arbitrarily or unfairly.
When they are written down ahead of time, they will be more fair.

An example of where the Rule of Law is missing and badly needed, is the UN.
By just having the Security Council be able to dictate, there is no consistency or appropriate enforcement.
Instead it becomes a game of privilege, favors, and extortion.

What is your criteria for going along with any given law?

Is it the democratic process? Is it the Constitution? Is it the Bible? Is it something else?

The criteria for what is legal in a democratic republic, is based on the defense of inherent individual rights.
If it harms the rights of other unnecessarily, it is inherently illegal.
It if does not harm the rights of other, then it is inherently legal.

Which is why slavery, the Dred Scott Decision, Prohibition, and the War on Drugs, are all inherently illegal and everyone should have always known that.

The border should be secure so that voters can decide who gets in or out, but the Left is scared to give them that power.

From what I know of South American, the people do not want to leave and go to the US, but they have no choice because of the dictators who make their home country dangerous.
And it is really the US that installs, funds, and trains these dictators.

Respect for the rule of law rests on the belief that the law is capable of delivering justice, fairness, treats everyone equally. A lot of people don't believe that.

you mean arresting and deporting ILLEGAL aliens? Heck yes.

If how blue cities are run is indication of their hope, they are well and truly fucked.

And the boys are lopping off their penises, the girls are being told being fat won't end their life early, and no one takes responsibility for anything.

We should have stopped 100% after the first two, and stopped at tolerance of homosexuality instead of plowing into forced celebration and acceptance.

Since homosexuality harms no one else, then there is no legal way to restrict it.
Any attempt to legislate against will be dictatorial since is will not be based on the delegated authority of those it defends.
That is inherently illegal in a republic.

More and more people only respect the law when it’s convenient for them to do so. If it lines up with their political and social agenda they are all in if not fuck it.

Dictatorial laws should never be tolerated, it should be time for pitchforks and torches.

Respect for the rule of law rests on the believe that the law is capable of delivering justice, fairness, treats everyone equally. A lot of people don't believe that.
When did that change?

You wanted tolerance when in the minority as it was given to you, but then became the majority and will crush the heads of your opponents, which you are doing.

That really says it all.

Soon, the Left will raise a whole generation of Americans that will embrace a second Holocaust as being socially just.

Germany is the most multi cultural and accepting of others of all the European nations.
So aren't you at all curious as to why the Holocaust happened in the first place?

Society is crumbling. First it was turn signals. Like suddenly a law was passed thar signals for lane changes were not needed. Now it's stop signs. No one comes to a complete stop.

Germany is the most multi cultural and accepting of others of all the European nations.
So aren't you at all curious as to why the Holocaust happened in the first place?
I'm more curious as to how to prevent another one from happening in America without having to
murder all the fucktards like you.

Because that would be rather Aktion T4-ish in and of itself.

Oy yoy yoy! Who fostered this retardation?

Yes, some people care about the rule of law.

Sorry, but I think your impression of what the Rule of Law is differs from what it really is.

The Rule of Law is not mean a how strict laws are or how strongly they are enforced.
The principle of the Rule of Law is to limit the ability of government to dictate.
The idea of the Rule of Law is that instead of government deciding arbitrarily to arrest people, the authority of government is restricted by what legislation is written down ahead of time.
The point of that is then since you do not know who it is going to be applied against, you will write the laws fairly, so that you have what is known as Blind Justice.
You will not write the laws unnecessarily harsh, since then that harshness could be applied against you or those you want to protect.
The Rule of Law is intended to prevent executive abuse by laws being applied arbitrarily or unfairly.
When they are written down ahead of time, they will be more fair.

An example of where the Rule of Law is missing and badly needed, is the UN.
By just having the Security Council be able to dictate, there is no consistency or appropriate enforcement.
Instead it becomes a game of privilege, favors, and extortion.
are we a nation of laws or men Rigby?

~S~

Forum List

Back