Why Do People Believe in God?

Your point? How is that the same as forcing Christian dogma on you?

You are really trying to equate allowing a nativity on a federally owned building with 'forcing the Christian dogma' on people?

Really? What do people now have to do differently? They don't pay any more money so the tax argument is meaningless.

Are you fucking kidding me? HOW is xtianity being forced onto people who have to collectively pay for the fucking land and electricity while being collectively represented by the display?

of COURSE you think the tax arguement is meaningless, dogma junkie. In this event it just happens to be YOUR bullshit being passed off as candy so OF COURSE you won't admit that you'd react just the same if the local church of satan decided to get festive on public land.

congress shall make no law respecting a religion, dude. love it or leave it.

And you know these scoutmasters that were expelled for being gay by the scouts personally? Hmm ... most likely not since they have never mentioned you.

i've posted more articles on the topic than you have... Gosh, what a coincidence! I've done the same thing with the definition of the word FORCE too!

someone call Fox Mulder.. It appears that we have an X file on our hands.

Are you fucking kidding me? HOW is xtianity being forced onto people who have to collectively pay for the fucking land and electricity while being collectively represented by the display?

of COURSE you think the tax arguement is meaningless, dogma junkie. In this event it just happens to be YOUR bullshit being passed off as candy so OF COURSE you won't admit that you'd react just the same if the local church of satan decided to get festive on public land.

The point you miss out on all this is that christians are not the only ones using this electricity in many areas. Menorah displays also use the electricity now, yule trees use the most tax funded electricity (nice to see so many pagan icons this time of year, changing the name does not change the meaning). It's a moot point, atheists can as well if they choose to (thus why we were lucky those who stole the atheist sign are going to be criminally charged).

Sorry, I never had an imaginary friend as a child so I do not know how you feel. However, I am fairly certain that it is classified as a mental condition to have an imaginary friend as an adult. Also I assure you that there are actual real human beings out there that you can engage in relationships. You need not limit yourself to relationships that exist only inside your head.

:lol: Funny, but of course you missed it. Hopefully you're just young and naive.

I'm not changing a damn thing. If I put a giant fucking pentagram on your lawn because me and the homeowners association are a bunch of satan worshipers then I am FORCING the representation of satanism onto you. The same with inverted crosses on the courthouse doors. Our collective courthouse is not your personal forum to convey your fragile faith since that land represents more people than those of your personal faith.

Well duh! There also happens to be a huge difference between a giant pentagram on a person's lawn and the following:

2105989460_19ae13aa53.jpg

Please tell me how the preceding is forcing Christian dogma on you. The fact of the matter is that you didn't pay for the sign and you didn't have to do anything different at all. No lights were specifically used for this. There would have been ZERO difference in your life if this was never put up at all. Therefore, nothing was forced on you!

Hey, after you failed to achieve 80% of my score you could always blame it on satan or something!

Bring it. You talk trash; now back it up.

Maybe you should hold the bravado for a thread in which you didn't just admit that I was correct in the use of the word force however minute...

I said you were forced to pay a small part of the building that contains the sign.

THAT'S NOT THE FREAKING POINT YOU OBTUSE MORON! I claimed that Christian dogma was not forced on you. You claimed it was. For all your kvetching to this point, you still haven't proved how Christian dogma was forced on you.

Were you forced to look at the scene? No.

Were you forced to pay for the scene? No.

Were any taxes expended for the scene that wouldn't have been expended anyway? No.

Was there anything about Christian doctrine in the scene? No.

HA!
actually, I did that on purpose so you'd go on the record in correcting the name of the exercise that makes your worn out pussy ache. Way to fall right for it, dude!

Actually, I was a pre-med major in college for a while and I have two kids. I have plenty of reasons to know how to spell the word correctly. Don't try to cover up your mistake; it just makes you look worse.

Dude, learn to spell.

Let me ask you this... was the Jewish display last year being forced on me? Is atheism being forced on me this year?

Of course not. It is an absolutely idiotic position to take, much less defend.

Did Congress make a law here? What law?

Last edited:
Change you can believe in <-- That's why people believe in god. We know a certain percentage of the population that believes an elected official is truly the one (or visa versa, the scape goat).

Last edited:
The point you miss out on all this is that christians are not the only ones using this electricity in many areas. Menorah displays also use the electricity now, yule trees use the most tax funded electricity (nice to see so many pagan icons this time of year, changing the name does not change the meaning). It's a moot point, atheists can as well if they choose to (thus why we were lucky those who stole the atheist sign are going to be criminally charged).

indeed, none of which have options for NON CHRISTIANS to opt out, thereby, becoming a forced situation. period. point. blank.

Well duh! There also happens to be a huge difference between a giant pentagram on a person's lawn and the following:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2345/2105989460_19ae13aa53.jpg?v=0[IMG] [/B]

of COURSE there is to YOU, christian. Your ability to rationalize religous decoration is predictably narrowed to include only your own dogma. WHICH, again, is why your singular application of seasonal decoration is such a fucking farce.

[B]
Please tell me how the preceding is forcing Christian dogma on you. The fact of the matter is that you didn't pay for the sign and you didn't have to do anything different at all. No lights were specifically used for this. There would have been ZERO difference in your life if this was never put up at all. Therefore, nothing was forced on you!
[/B]

By asserting that your trite little display represents the entire collective of tax bearers. go take your little toys to your own damn yard. THE PUBLIC should not be forced to observe your personal faith by proxy just because you need public affirmation of your sad little fragile faith.

[B]
Bring it. You talk trash; now back it up.
[/B]

uh, ok? Is this where you lie about your SAT score?

[B]
I said you were forced to pay a small part of the building that contains the sign.
[/B]

FORCED, eh? nice use of that particular word!

:lol:

[B]
THAT'S NOT THE FREAKING POINT YOU OBTUSE MORON! I claimed that Christian dogma was not forced on you. You claimed it was. For all your kvetching to this point, you still haven't proved how Christian dogma was forced on you.
[/B]

christian dogma is forced onto me by, ONCE AGAIN, having to foot the fucking bill and by the tax base being falsely represented AS christian. I realize that you will give the devil a handjob for any reason to admit this but do try to give more attention to my posts than you do internet definitions.

[B]
Were you forced to look at the scene? No.
Were you forced to pay for the scene? No.
Were any taxes expended for the scene that wouldn't have been expended anyway? No.
Was there anything about Christian doctrine in the scene? No.[/B]

are you kidding me? nothing about christian DOCTRINE in the above image? You mean BESIDES the fucking birth of your little mythical saviour?

[B]
Actually, I was a pre-med major in college for a while and I have two kids. I have plenty of reasons to know how to spell the word correctly. Don't try to cover up your mistake; it just makes you look worse.
[/B]

I was a pre-med major for my first semesters too. whooptyfuckingdo. You are not the first fool to have fallen for that little trap, dude. Chances are, you won't be the last.

[B]Dude, learn to spell. [/B]

Dude, learn to read a definition without having to butcher it into submission.

[B]
Let me ask you this... was the Jewish display last year being forced on me? Is atheism being forced on me this year?
Of course not. It is an absolutely idiotic position to take, much less defend.
[/B]

First off.. if THIS is the first you've heard of the conflict between seperation of church and state and court lawns then I'd suggest you put a little less "head up the ass" time into your daily routine. Second, yes, neither jewish OR "atheist" (whatever the fuck THAT is supposed to be) should be draped over tax funded property like a dog pissing out his territory. What is idiotic is for someone to rail on and on for 3 pages about the application of a word and then turn around and admit a valid application. What is idiotic is to imagine that you dogma junkie motherfuckers are willing to share the public space with other beliefs when you can't even get over wal mart greeters without crying like a fucking martyr about a WAR ON XMAS. You are an idiot to believe that your motivations are anything by transparent AND narrow in application.

[B]Did Congress make a law here? What law?[/B]

[B]
Nativity Scene Outside Govt. Building Causes Controversy
[/B]
"This is clearly religious and it's identified with one particular, you know Christianity," resident Richard Blank said. "And it doesn't include Judaism, doesn't include Islam, (and) doesn't include anybody else. It's an exclusive thing and it doesn't belong on government property."
[url=http://www.local6.com/news/4011995/detail.html]Nativity Scene Outside Govt. Building Causes Controversy - Orlando News Story - WKMG Orlando[/url]

:eusa_angel:

of COURSE there is to YOU, christian. Your ability to rationalize religous decoration is predictably narrowed to include only your own dogma. WHICH, again, is why your singular application of seasonal decoration is such a fucking farce.

Nope. If you had to walk through life-size statues of the Mary, Joseph, and the baby to get to the court house, then I'd say something was being forced on you. That's when the giant pentagram would be similar. As it is now, it looks like nothing more than a side decoration in a hallway.

By asserting that your trite little display represents the entire collective of tax bearers. go take your little toys to your own damn yard. THE PUBLIC should not be forced to observe your personal faith by proxy just because you need public affirmation of your sad little fragile faith.

Please tell me precisely how this display tries to represent the entire collective of tax bearers. It's close to an atheist display which I have no problem with. There's nothing wrong with a Christian display on public grounds so long as a) other religions are allowed to be represented as well and b) there is no suggestion that the government is attempting to convert anyone to the religion via that display.

uh, ok? Is this where you lie about your SAT score?

With IQ and dick size, I don't have to lie. God had to make up for my ugly mug somehow.

FORCED, eh? nice use of that particular word!

Amazing to see it in proper context... isn't it? :D

christian dogma is forced onto me by, ONCE AGAIN, having to foot the fucking bill and by the tax base being falsely represented AS christian.

You aren't being represented as a Christian.

Let me ask you this. Would you have a problem with a painting of a Native American in the same building? Probably not. Why? Doesn't that, according to YOUR logic, mean that everyone that the building serves is being represented as a Native American?

Of course not. Such a painting and the Nativity (and the Jewish/Buddhist/Muslim/Atheist) display merely present one aspect of our American culture. That's why you are wrong about this forcing dogma on you.
are you kidding me? nothing about christian DOCTRINE in the above image? You mean BESIDES the fucking birth of your little mythical saviour?

Jews and Muslims both believe Christ was born, some even in a manger. Does that make them Christians? That Nativity scene merely proclaims Christ's circumstances at the time of his birth, nothing more.

I was a pre-med major for my first semesters too. whooptyfuckingdo. You are not the first fool to have fallen for that little trap, dude. Chances are, you won't be the last.

The last to catch you in a spelling mistake? I doubt it. :D

What is idiotic is for someone to rail on and on for 3 pages about the application of a word and then turn around and admit a valid application.

Just because I object to an improper use of a word means that I can not use it in its proper context? :cuckoo:

What is idiotic is to imagine that you dogma junkie motherfuckers are willing to share the public space with other beliefs when you can't even get over wal mart greeters without crying like a fucking martyr about a WAR ON XMAS. You are an idiot to believe that your motivations are anything by transparent AND narrow in application.

Hey Shogun, do me a favor and don't automatically assume all the stereotypes about Christians are true about me. I won't judge you based on stereotypes of atheists so please return the favor.

Nativity Scene Outside Govt. Building Causes Controversy
[/B]
"This is clearly religious and it's identified with one particular, you know Christianity," resident Richard Blank said. "And it doesn't include Judaism, doesn't include Islam, (and) doesn't include anybody else. It's an exclusive thing and it doesn't belong on government property."
Nativity Scene Outside Govt. Building Causes Controversy - Orlando News Story - WKMG Orlando

Were you going to provide a law or not?

You seem to be particularly angry at Christians.

Let it go, find peace, be happy. You seem to be a particularly miserable person.

I read the same post, and did not pick up anger or that the poster is a miserable person.

I agree with Southpaw, it's obvious Shogun is angry toward a lot of things and only proves the old adage that you just need to let things go.

Im not angry and christians at all. Hell, I find them ALMOST as hilarious as both of your fucking failures who have chosen to totally ignore the necessity of evidence to prove your point and, instead, rely upon the same ad homenem shit that you are assuming makes me angry at christians.

it's ironic as fuck, really.

either one of you motherfuckers email www.dictionary.com yet and tell them how their posted definitions just don't fall in line with your (laughable) opinions?

Nope. If you had to walk through life-size statues of the Mary, Joseph, and the baby to get to the court house, then I'd say something was being forced on you. That's when the giant pentagram would be similar. As it is now, it looks like nothing more than a side decoration in a hallway.

well that certainly WOULD be your predictable christian opinion, now wouldn't it? Hell, from the demographic that cant get a seasonal hardon unless door greeters are reciting fucking Hail Jesus quotes it is a true SHOCKER, I tellya, that you don't think it's a big deal that christianity is FORCED onto the rest of us. Holy SHIT thats not at ALL predictable like a fat girl eating another slice of cake.

Please tell me precisely how this display tries to represent the entire collective of tax bearers. It's close to an atheist display which I have no problem with. There's nothing wrong with a Christian display on public grounds so long as a) other religions are allowed to be represented as well and b) there is no suggestion that the government is attempting to convert anyone to the religion via that display.

By being located on collectively purchased and maintained land. Just like I would be representing you dogma junkie motherfuckers if I forced a pentagram on your church lawn. Or a burning cross on your personal front lawn. Go decorate your own fucking property.

And, AGAIN, what the fuck does an ATHEIST DISPLAY look like, stupid? You don't have a problem with one because there is no such fucking thing. Post a goddamn picture of what you consider an "ATHEIST DISPLAY" you nutbat.

With IQ and dick size, I don't have to lie. God had to make up for my ugly mug somehow.

yea, now that you mention dick size it's even more ibvious that your boasts are like a mid-life crisis sportscar lie.

Amazing to see it in proper context... isn't it? :D

Which is exactly how I used it initially. Remember, YOU are the one who conceded that point. Say it again, sam: "I Admit" "I Admit" remember those words?

You aren't being represented as a Christian.

yes, the collective IS being represented by something which they may not be just so your fragile faith can squeeze validation from FORCING YOUR DOGMA onto the rest of us. Feel free to believe otherwise, dude. Me, this representation fact, and GRAVITY will be over here with Copernicus laughing at you.

Let me ask you this. Would you have a problem with a painting of a Native American in the same building? Probably not. Why? Doesn't that, according to YOUR logic, mean that everyone that the building serves is being represented as a Native American?

Native American is an ethnicity.. not a religion, stupid. When indians start painting rain gods and wolf spirits on the fucking public buildings then you let me know. And, truly, if you are not going to admit that you have this giant martyr routine mapped out then perhaps you shouldn't act like a victim. Hey, in case you are too stupid to figure it out one can also be collectively GERMAN too without necessarily being christian! wild fucking concept, I know.

Of course not. Such a painting and the Nativity (and the Jewish/Buddhist/Muslim/Atheist) display merely present one aspect of our American culture. That's why you are wrong about this forcing dogma on you.

Again, SHOW ME an "Atheist" display, dude. AND, christianity is not an aspect of OUR GOVERNMENT or COLLECTIVE CULTURE. Your assumptions lie at the root of your outright stupidity.

Jews and Muslims both believe Christ was born, some even in a manger. Does that make them Christians? That Nativity scene merely proclaims Christ's circumstances at the time of his birth, nothing more.

HA! yea dude.. JEWS sure do believe that christ the fucking savior was born!

See, THIS is the kind of bullshit you'll stick to in light of reality. hehehehe.. yea.. you sure do see all those MUSLIMS out puttting up THEIR jesus nativity scenes ALL THE TIME!

check mate, motherfucker.

The last to catch you in a spelling mistake? I doubt it. :D

The last to fall for correcting the spelling of the excercise that makes your pussy extra tight for sunday morning... But, given that you seem to think JEWS and Muslims observe your birthed messiah like you do I guess it's no wonder you keep failing here.

Just because I object to an improper use of a word means that I can not use it in its proper context? :cuckoo:

Hey, again.. which of us conceded that an electric bill, regardless of how minute you think of it, was FORCED onto non-christians?

See, NOW i'm just rubbing your face into it.

Hey Shogun, do me a favor and don't automatically assume all the stereotypes about Christians are true about me. I won't judge you based on stereotypes of atheists so please return the favor.

HA! scroll up, dude. By assuming some of the dumbest shit i've seen on this board outside of a Charles Bass thread you've already given ample reason to usdge you by all the same talking points that you are willing to pass off as evidence that the earth is the center of the universe.

Were you going to provide a law or not?

did you not read the article?

Honestly I just think this is the stupidest discussion.

Who gives a shit? They post crap about Native Americans all over the place, diversity shit, stars of David. The cities put up candy cane decorations and "Merry Christmas" banners, and it's all good.

Let the anger go, Shogun. MERRY FUCKING CHRISTMAS, dammit.

I'll remember that as Anton Levey's kids work to put a pentagram on every courthouse lawn next year.

Forum List

Back