Why Do People Believe in God?

Okay, I assumed up to this point that you understood my comments and their intent and were just trying to be a prick. Now I know that isn't the case. Instead, you simply don't understand a) what I said or b) my point.
I'll break it down very carefully for you so you understand, mmkay?
You said:
I noticed your use of the word 'force' and thought it silly so I said:
I agree that there is a difference between a mall and government-owned land. It was never my contention that there wasn't such a difference. I also realize that displays on government-owned land are different than displays in malls. I never stated that they were the same.
Instead, I used the mall analogy to point out that using the word 'force' is overly dramatic and rather silly. No one is forcing their dogma on you; if anything, they are simply advertising their position.
Clearly, you just didn't understand.
Oh, this might help.
Dictionary.com defines the verb 'force' as:
18. to compel, constrain, or oblige (oneself or someone) to do something: to force a suspect to confess.
19. to drive or propel against resistance: He forced his way through the crowd. They forced air into his lungs.
20. to bring about or effect by force.
21. to bring about of necessity or as a necessary result: to force a smile.
22. to put or impose (something or someone) forcibly on or upon a person: to force one's opinions on others.

Get it through your apparently thick skull that no one is forcing anyone else to do anything. Non-Christians who see this sign aren't forced to become Christians. Just relax.

Oh, and with the whole 'blah blah curb-stomping I'm an internet badass' silliness, just please grow up a little. Chances are you are 4'11, 275 pounds, and live in your mom's basement. Even if you aren't, I still don't care. No one does.

Oh I understand precisely what kind of weak assed argument you are trying to make. However, as laughable as it was, a mall doesn't represent a collective tax base like a court house does. When consumers go to a mall they have the choice to remove themselves from christian advertisements. This is not the option when you are using tax based public property for the sake of validating your faith.

How does it feel to have to go back and give itemized points of an argument so stupid that even the ghost of Jim Varney cringes at your forum input?

000478_35.jpg

CHANCES ARE, eh? you wouldn't say that if we were standing in the same room. Take your fucking medicine and move on down the road, pussy.

I understand now. Shogun uses words without understanding their definitions. That's the basic problem. We passed English and he evidently didn't.

quote me misusing a single word..

or, sit there and look for something else to stomp your foot over now that I've treated your opinion much like bird shot treats a piece of cardboard at 5 yards.

:lol:

would I be forcing SATANISM onto you if there were inverted crosses on the courthouse doors?

No, you wouldn't.

The problem is the hyocritical hysterics don't understand what "force" means. They use the term to stop people from voicing opinions they don't agree with, using the premise that to subject them to ideas they don't approve of, they are being "forced".

doesn't work that way.

Oh I understand precisely what kind of weak assed argument you are trying to make. However, as laughable as it was, a mall doesn't represent a collective tax base like a court house does. When consumers go to a mall they have the choice to remove themselves from christian advertisements. This is not the option when you are using tax based public property for the sake of validating your faith.

How does it feel to have to go back and give itemized points of an argument so stupid that even the ghost of Jim Varney cringes at your forum input?

CHANCES ARE, eh? you wouldn't say that if we were standing in the same room. Take your fucking medicine and move on down the road, pussy.

Hey Shogun, invest in a dictionary.

Not only will it help you understand the definition and proper context of 'force' but it might also help you learn some new words.

I do hope that someday (maybe when you are old enough to drive), you will understand that threatening someone ON AN ANONYMOUS INTERNET BOARD is about as silly as can be. You aren't a badass. You are actually fairly funny, kind of like a chihuahua that thinks he's tough.

Grow up.

I understand now. Shogun uses words without understanding their definitions. That's the basic problem. We passed English and he evidently didn't.

While I do see your side of this being more correct, I have heard many people use this term and excuse, such as those who are arguing to have the atheists sign removed until it was pointed out that the word 'force' was highly inaccurate. They then switched to insulting, which describes it better but they were now wrong for other reasons. If only it was that Shogun was the only who fails at knowing the English language, but I have seen a LOT of words used incorrectly on here from all sides. Best to just avoid them when they are 'stuck on stupid.'

quote me misusing a single word..

or, sit there and look for something else to stomp your foot over now that I've treated your opinion much like bird shot treats a piece of cardboard at 5 yards.

I'm not stomping my foot over anything. You are providing plenty of entertainment. Keep it up! :lol:

The way that you describe your own posts is absolutely hilarious. It reminds me of the moron at every party who laughs really loud at his own jokes when no one else does. Take a hint, if you have to constantly reinforce to yourself how tough you are, you just aren't.

Got anymore cute analogies about how awesome you are or how vicious your words are?

No, you wouldn't.

The problem is the hyocritical hysterics don't understand what "force" means. They use the term to stop people from voicing opinions they don't agree with, using the premise that to subject them to ideas they don't approve of, they are being "forced".

doesn't work that way.

yea.. you say that NOW while there are no inverted crosses on your courthouse lawn...

And yes, public property is not your venue to push your faith onto. Your personal religious effort is not restricted just because we keep you from using public land like a holiday tampon for your bleeding, fragile faith.

Funny how the word "force" changes meaning for you depending on if you are talking about dogma junkie xmas or gays trying to get married.

While I do see your side of this being more correct, I have heard many people use this term and excuse, such as those who are arguing to have the atheists sign removed until it was pointed out that the word 'force' was highly inaccurate. They then switched to insulting, which describes it better but they were now wrong for other reasons. If only it was that Shogun was the only who fails at knowing the English language, but I have seen a LOT of words used incorrectly on here from all sides. Best to just avoid them when they are 'stuck on stupid.'

Normally I do avoid them.

However, it's Monday afternoon, I'm bored, and the entertainment is good and free. Come on Shogun, let's hear some new analogies.

Hey Shogun, invest in a dictionary.

Not only will it help you understand the definition and proper context of 'force' but it might also help you learn some new words.

I do hope that someday (maybe when you are old enough to drive), you will understand that threatening someone ON AN ANONYMOUS INTERNET BOARD is about as silly as can be. You aren't a badass. You are actually fairly funny, kind of like a chihuahua that thinks he's tough.

Grow up.

Who is threatening anyone? I've using metaphors to illustrate how laughably pathetic your input has been since you decided to come into this thread and yank on my pantleg like a 4 year old looking for a Popsicle. If you take them as if I'm going to hunt you down and show up on your doorstep then I suggest you turn off the computer and go find something else to do during your off-time from sucking dick because clearly you are not ready for this new fangled thing we call the interwebs.

Again, quote a single word i've used incorrectly. YOU may not like the application of the word FORCE in relation to how it treats your dogma junkie opinons but, hey, who really cares about your thumper opinion? Not me.

Hey, maybe you can email Al Gore and petition him to put a halt to this internet thing so that candy asses like you don't have to enjoy swift pele-style kicks in the balls by suave forum members like me...

:cool:

I'm not stomping my foot over anything. You are providing plenty of entertainment. Keep it up! :lol:

The way that you describe your own posts is absolutely hilarious. It reminds me of the moron at every party who laughs really loud at his own jokes when no one else does. Take a hint, if you have to constantly reinforce to yourself how tough you are, you just aren't.

Got anymore cute analogies about how awesome you are or how vicious your words are?

Why the fuck would you admit to going to parties where morons hang out? It seems you doeth protest too much about that one, dude. Hell, it's kinda strange that I've been given 3 pos reps for posts in this little interaction if i'm supposed to be the guy who no one identifies with!

I guess this is the point where you fall on your back after jumping into the fire while acting like some kind of victim? Do you feel like a martyr yet or will it take a couple more of my posts to really help you empathize with daniel?

force (fôrs, frs)
n.
1. The capacity to do work or cause physical change; energy, strength, or active power: the force of an explosion.
a. Power made operative against resistance; exertion: use force in driving a nail.
b. The use of physical power or violence to compel or restrain: a confession obtained by force.
a. Intellectual power or vigor, especially as conveyed in writing or speech.
b. Moral strength.
c. A capacity for affecting the mind or behavior; efficacy: the force of logical argumentation.
d. One that possesses such capacity: the forces of evil.
a. A body of persons or other resources organized or available for a certain purpose: a large labor force.
b. A person or group capable of influential action: a retired senator who is still a force in national politics.
a. Military strength.
b. The entire military strength, as of a nation. Often used in the plural.
c. A unit of a nation's military personnel, especially one deployed into combat: Our forces have at last engaged the enemy.
6. Law Legal validity.
7. Physics A vector quantity that tends to produce an acceleration of a body in the direction of its application.
8. Baseball A force play.
tr.v. forced, forc·ing, forc·es
1. To compel through pressure or necessity: I forced myself to practice daily. He was forced to take a second job.
a. To gain by the use of force or coercion: force a confession.
b. To move or effect against resistance or inertia: forced my foot into the shoe.
c. To inflict or impose relentlessly: He forced his ideas upon the group.
a. To put undue strain on: She forced her voice despite being hoarse.
b. To increase or accelerate (a pace, for example) to the maximum.
c. To produce with effort and against one's will: force a laugh in spite of pain.
d. To use (language) with obvious lack of ease and naturalness.
a. To move, open, or clear by force: forced our way through the crowd.
b. To break down or open by force: force a lock.
5. To rape.
6. Botany To cause to grow or mature by artificially accelerating normal processes.
7. Baseball
a. To put (a runner) out on a force play.
b. To allow (a run) to be scored by walking a batter when the bases are loaded.
8. Games To cause an opponent to play (a particular card).
Idioms:
force (someone's) hand
To force to act or speak prematurely or unwillingly.
in force
1. In full strength; in large numbers: Demonstrators were out in force.
2. In effect; operative: a rule that is no longer in force.

force - definition of force by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

damn.. you people must be embarrassed right about now.

Who is threatening anyone? I've using metaphors to illustrate how laughably pathetic your input has been since you decided to come into this thread and yank on my pantleg like a 4 year old looking for a Popsicle. If you take them as if I'm going to hunt you down and show up on your doorstep then I suggest you turn off the computer and go find something else to do during your off-time from sucking dick because clearly you are not ready for this new fangled thing we call the interwebs.

Again, quote a single word i've used incorrectly. YOU may not like the application of the word FORCE in relation to how it treats your dogma junkie opinons but, hey, who really cares about your thumper opinion? Not me.

Hey, maybe you can email Al Gore and petition him to put a halt to this internet thing so that candy asses like you don't have to enjoy swift pele-style kicks in the balls by suave forum members like me...

:cool:

Just a few thoughts:

1. The quality of your insults has rapidly decreased. Did you only have a few that were any good? These were just poor. You had to retreat to common insults like a) sucking dick and b) ignorant of the internet. With original insults like that, where's the 'your mom' insults? Please try harder, the lol factor is leaving.

2. I never thought you were actually physically threatening me. I'm not threatened on the internet because I can handle myself in physical combat because I have been trained to do so. I've caused extreme pain and have broken people's bones before. I'm not particularly proud of it; any moron can hurt someone else if they know how. Furthermore, I stand by my assertion that you probably are fat and adolescent. At least, that is certainly the impression that you give. You seem so eager to be perceived as tough that you are clearly compensating for something. What is it?

3. You admit that you used the word 'force' incorrectly. That's all I was pointing out. Thanks for being honest about that. See what you could have avoided if you just acknowledged that you were wrong earlier? You wouldn't have acted like a fool for the last page or two.

I guess this is the point where you fall on your back after jumping into the fire while acting like some kind of victim? Do you feel like a martyr yet or will it take a couple more of my posts to really help you empathize with daniel?

I'm not a victim. I'm a bored adult listening to a kid with way too much internet privileges who is emboldened by the anonymity of the internet.

If you really think that this is similar to what Daniel went through, you really are deranged.

Oh, if you can't tell, I'm laughing at you, not with you.

I posted the definition of the word, stupid. Did you not see the bold print?

While I sure am impressed with your john rambo wannabe persona it's clear that you might want to refrain from pointing an accusatory finger at anyone over word definitions when those people are quick to actually post the definition. You see, as uninteresting as your opinions are there is something to be said for dropping evidence on you like a roman lion chasing you around an arena. Much like the laugh factory of your "mall=courthouse" argument above you might just find that I tend to get all heliocentric on your dogma junkie ass rather than give a moments consideration to the latest cramp making your faith based pussy bleed.

No, you wouldn't.

doesn't work that way.

And rabid dirtbag zealot Christians like yourself don't either AlwaysABitch. Remember when they refused to allow a Wiccan to have a pentagram in the veterans cemetery in CA? They were bitching about being forced to allow paganism in the veterans cemetery, because this was a Christian country, and that was federal property.

But, it wasn't forcing anything on anybody, it was recognizing someone who had sacrificed their life for this country.

Nope......Christians do more "forcing" than anyone else.

I'm not a victim. I'm a bored adult listening to a kid with way too much internet privileges who is emboldened by the anonymity of the internet.

If you really think that this is similar to what Daniel went through, you really are deranged.

Oh, if you can't tell, I'm laughing at you, not with you.

I think, by your reaction to being told No, that YOU feel like a martyr on par with daniel. That's pretty obvious from the first post in which your mall analogy went the way of the Challenger shuttle.

Hell, in case you haven't realized it yet, i've been laughing at you thing entire interaction. Shit, me AND a few internet dictionaries are having a grand ole belly laugh at your example of the riffraff that finds its way onto the net.

Forum List

Back