Why Do People Believe in God?

Honestly I just think this is the stupidest discussion.

Who gives a shit? They post crap about Native Americans all over the place, diversity shit, stars of David. The cities put up candy cane decorations and "Merry Christmas" banners, and it's all good.

Let the anger go, Shogun. MERRY FUCKING CHRISTMAS, dammit.

Nice Christmas wish Allie......first you tell him to go fuck himself, and then consign him to hell.

Good Christian, ain't ya?

Where did I consign him to hell?

I don't have that power, though apparently you believe I do.

Shogun knows I pray for him every night and he certainly doesn't need your ridiculous piping up on his behalf.

Where did I consign him to hell?

I don't have that power, though apparently you believe I do.

Shogun knows I pray for him every night and he certainly doesn't need your ridiculous piping up on his behalf.

The word "damnit" is used to consign someone or something to hell. You said that at the very end.

Why is a good Christian sending people to hell?

No it isn't.

Actually it is, again you are clouded by your own personal belief to even acknowledge the fact that 1) not everyone follows that belief, and 2) the fact that the word damn means to condemn to hell. By saying damnit you are in essence condemning someone to hell by asking whatever god you follow to do it.

Er...that's not my personal belief. Once again you're getting confused over what you WANT to be true, and what is actually true.

I provided the definition of the term. You insist that it's wrong. So prove it wrong. I proved that it wasn't a consignment to hell. Do your part or shut your flapping gums.

"Damnit" is a contraction of the two words, "damn" and "it", meaning to damn something.

You really ARE stupid, aren't you Allie? Must be a window licker on the short bus to be your level of dense.

What, are you going to ask me next what the definition of "is" is?

You really are a stupid desperate chick. I've yet to see anything of even reasonable sense come out of your mouth in a long time.

If we're going with historical definitions, then obviously, if saying "dammit" means I'm damning someone to hell, then "marriage" means a sanctioned union between a man and a woman.

If we're going with historical definitions, then obviously, if saying "dammit" means I'm damning someone to hell, then "marriage" means a sanctioned union between a man and a woman.

Actually, no it doesn't. It actually means bound to something.......

Married to the job.

Married to the Navy.

Married to his place.

Farmers are married to their land.

See ya stupid bitch?

I believe in God because i have not seen any true refutation of His existence, nor have i seen how something could be created from an absolute nothing.

Have you seen evidence of God's existence?

Do you believe in unicorns, and leprechauns, and pixies, and jackalopes too?

Not even God?

Actually.......I have. And.....jackalopes are the only things that are fictional. Ever been to Ireland?

And.....if you'd like some help with the something from nothing deal, read a book called "The Tao of Pooh", and then, start in on "The Tao Te Ching". Red Pine's translation is the best one IMHO.

Last edited:
Have you seen evidence of God's existence?

Do you believe in unicorns, and leprechauns, and pixies, and jackalopes too?

Not even God?

While Kazikli Bey's reason may not be sound, it does not refute that science has merit. In the contrary it's a simpletons reason for believing, convenience as such. Because of his reasoning though should science ever come with proof then he would have to alter his belief, and that would be the true test of whether he is a logical person or grasping at myths to avoid truth.

The belief in unicorns and dragons are a very good example in this case for those who do not have a religion. We have definitive proof that unicorns did not exist but we have figured out where the legends came from. Most people have taken the discovery as fact and altered their belief in unicorns to match this, they were some failed evolutionary glitch that died off quickly, thus why the legends of them being magical were formed. However for dragons science has done almost the exact opposite and even created more theories that actually suggests there were 'fire-breathing giant lizards with vestigial wings' so most people who believe in them can maintain that belief.

Forum List

Back