Why do I conceal carry every where I go?

In addition to being bulky, hot, and uncomfortable, body armor does nothing for head or extremity shots, nor does it offer much in the way of protection from non-firearm attacks. Also, even protecting against a shot, it's still a painful injury leaving very severe bruising and possibly internal damage. Much easier, more discreet, more conducive to everyday activities, and more effective to stop the attack before it gets to the point of actually harming you by carrying.

So, you are saying that it is not effective for protecting your life. Yet, the police wear them, and they put themselves in harms way every day. It would seem to me that if you are so concerned about your safety, you would do something defensive. Of course, there is nothing macho about wearing a vest, but....

Never mind. I think that I answered my own question.
It is effective, of course, under certain circumstances against certain classes of attack, but then again so would being in a box built of half inch steel. Both are inconvenient, and not conducive to comfort in everyday activities. If people want to wear them, more power to them, I just think the inconvenience and discomfort factor overwhelms the safety factor in most situations. YMMV. And certainly, wearing body armor is not a substitute for carrying, rather an additional safety step. It's far better if you neutralize the danger prior to being under fire, or attacked in any way.

Not all police wear them daily, though some searching indicates that is changing. Hmmm. Perhaps re-evaluation in their efficacy and convenience is warranted. Thanks!

In this thread, we can clearly see the product of the men who have been emasculated and now wish to promegate their emasculation to others out of fear.

The true fear exhibited in this thread are by those who tremble at the thought that anyone could possibly be armed and willing to defend themselves.

And so we continue down the road of the metrosexual.....

Is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?

In your case neither ................

"In this thread, we can clearly see the product of the men who have been emasculated and now wish to promegate their emasculation to others out of fear.
The true fear exhibited in this thread are by those who tremble at the thought that anyone could possibly be armed and willing to defend themselves.
And so we continue down the road of the metrosexual....".
(darkwind)

...now you've completely abandoned your original flawed premise and resorted to one liners..

How could I resist? I suspect that even Freud would not be able to keep a straight face reading a post like this one!

We aren't talking about what you "suspect"..or what freud might or might not do (have done), though, are we?
Dodge and deflection noted.

Why concealed carry?

Wouldn't open carry be much more of a deterrent?

No, you always know that big ugly biker with leathers / vest on is packing .................. no need to advertise.

Now when you look at Grandma, quietly sipping Margarita's at that corner table, you have no idea she has that 45 auto mag with trigger activated laser sight and an itchy trigger finger just waiting for unsuspecting vermin like you intent on doing bad ................lol

Forum List

Back