Why do Democrats/liberals/leftists keep pushing for gun laws they know will be struck?

I opted for the Burris 3X instead of a red dot.....The stock sort of lends itself to a scope and I had it laying around.

I'm not one to show an tell. Sry.
Just because I don't worship guns doesn't mean I don't own them.

My ONLY gripe is the cruelty to animals.
Otherwise we all should have .50 cal full automatics and even missile launchers (if we wanted them)

Democrats / liberals / leftists want to place as many unnecessary and ineffective restrictions on the exercise of the right to keep and bear arms by the law abiding as they can -- the recent Prop 114 in Oregon, the (as always) failed attempt at a new federal ban on 'assault weapons', the various "Bruen response bills" created by CA NY and NJ are just a a few of the numerous examples of same.

The people enacting these laws -know- they will, in toto, be struck under the jurisprudence handed down in v Bruen.

All they have going for them is they can pass these laws faster than the courts can strike them - but they will be struck.
So... why do they bother?
Anger? hatred? Spite? Incompetence?
Psychopathy?

Doesn't willfully enacting laws you know violate the constitution violate your oath to uphold the constitution?
Yes it does.

Z1pJH83.jpg

I'm anti-mass shooting! For what possible reason is there for a civilian to own an assault weapon that is used by the military?

Well I'm glad you asked.
AR15's are not commonly capable of full auto operation so your premise that its a weapon used by the military is not correct.

The US Constitution does not limit THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS by civilians to any particular types of weapons.
Finally, I have never, even once, ever heard of a good guy using any gun in any mass shooting. Only bad guys aka criminals.

So, to turn your question around....for what possible reason would you want to say GOOD GUYS should be limited as to what weapons they can own?
So why try to limit the good guys if they dint do nuffin???
Seems you should support tougher laws against CRIMINALS. But unfortunately the Left has a long history of collusion with and protection of violent criminals. NY and CA dont even want to hold murderers in jail. If you were sincere about public safety you would focus your efforts there

(And a law that to get any hunting license you must bag at least one other hunter each season)

Last edited:
Well I'm glad you asked.
AR15's are not commonly capable of full auto operation so your premise that its a weapon used by the military is not correct.

The US Constitution does not limit THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS by civilians to any particular types of weapons.
Finally, I have never, even once, ever heard of a good guy using any gun in any mass shooting. Only bad guys aka criminals.

So, to turn your question around....for what possible reason would you want to say GOOD GUYS should be limited as to what weapons they can own?
So why try to limit the good guys if they dint do nuffin???
Seems you should support tougher laws against CRIMINALS. But unfortunately the Left has a long history of collusion with and protection of violent criminals. NY and CA dont even want to hold murderers in jail. If you were sincere about public safety you would focus your efforts there

(And a law that to get any hunting license you must bag at least one other hunter each season)
99% of mass attacks are stopped by a police officer, or a civilian with a gun.

Democrats / liberals / leftists want to place as many unnecessary and ineffective restrictions on the exercise of the right to keep and bear arms by the law abiding as they can -- the recent Prop 114 in Oregon, the (as always) failed attempt at a new federal ban on 'assault weapons', the various "Bruen response bills" created by CA NY and NJ are just a a few of the numerous examples of same.

The people enacting these laws -know- they will, in toto, be struck under the jurisprudence handed down in v Bruen.

All they have going for them is they can pass these laws faster than the courts can strike them - but they will be struck.
So... why do they bother?
Anger? hatred? Spite? Incompetence?
Psychopathy?

Doesn't willfully enacting laws you know violate the constitution violate your oath to uphold the constitution?
Are you as serious about upholding the other amendments in the Constitution as you are about the 2nd Amendment? If you are, please support the John Lewis Voting Rights Act. It is based on the 15th Amendment.

Forum List

Back