CDZ Why Do Alot Of Conservatives Feel Liberals Want Their Guns?

I think its more of a USA Government wants private guns and they started the push in 1934 when they went after MACHINE GUNS . [I think it was 1934 when USA Government started on gun control] ------------- And it is incremental and as already mentioned both illary and mrobama wanted to take a look at Australias gun control Ace !!
Sorry, but the government started in on gun control shortly after the war between the states ended to keep newly freed slaves from owning guns. Democrats all.

Because they want criminals to have guns.

Louisiana law floods courts with pro-gun cases

The amendment – backed by the National Rifle Association and Gov. Bobby Jindal – makes gun ownership a "fundamental right," akin to freedom of speech or assembly, and calls for "strict scrutiny" of gun laws – the highest judicial review in the USA.

Armed with the new amendment, attorneys can now challenge the constitutionality of lesser laws – like concealed weapons statutes – making them more favorable to gun owners – including felons, said Laura Cutilletta, senior staff attorney at the San Francisco-based Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence.

-------------

Republicans fight to arm felons. It's why they want dangerous people on the no fly list to have weapons. Don't ask me why. That's just who they are.

This has always mystified me to no end. As a owner of several weapons and a liberal it always makes me laugh when they say this. I was looking at one of my favorite guys on youtube by the name of Colion Noir and found this video. The guy in the video is Tyson Beckford who I happened to meet a long time ago and didnt even know he was famous. We hit it off pretty good and its funny how we have the same outlook on the issue.

Perhaps it mystifies you because you cannot see the truth. Just like Obamacare was designed as the start of national governmental healthcare, gun control efforts are designed to overturn the second amendment and result in an unarmed populace.

I can see the truth. There are some nuts on both sides of the issue. Gun control is not meant to overturn the second amendment. Its to prevent nutcases from getting guns and shooting people dead. Please dont be naive. There is no way the populace would ever be unarmed even if they took away all the registered guns.

Are you aware of the fact that licensed gun owners are the most law abiding of any citizens....?

Permit holders are extremely law abiding. They would lose their permits for any weapons-related infraction. It doesn’t happen

a. Example: “Of the 51,078 permits that have been issued by the state since the law took effect in 2007, 44 permit holders have been charged with a crime while using a firearm through late October, according to records provided by the Kansas Attorney General’s Office.”
http://www.kansas.com/2012/11/17/2572467/few-crimes-committed-by-concealed.html

Criminality is .00086%

These are the people that 'gun control' laws are aimed at.

Could it be any more insane????

Your argument is weird. How do you know licensed gun owners are the most law abiding? Where did you get that information? Do you mean they just havent gotten caught breaking a law? Same thing for permit holders. Just because they didnt have a weapons related infraction doesnt mean they obey all laws? How many killers, white collar swindlers, speeding infractions have been done by gun owners?

Its not insane. Its the best method of catching criminals and preventing nutcases from getting guns. if you can think of a better one how come no one has offered an alternative? I'm all ears.

It is not ALL liberals, but some, like Feinstein, have openly said they'd like total bans.

I also think folks are smart enough to realize that what the politicians say and what they really think are often 2 very different things, as well as understanding the concept of creeping gradualism. they take what they can today and come back tomorrow for more.
I think thats just a personal decision and not one people are going to push for. There are many people that detest guns and would like to see a totally ban. There are many people that would like to bubble gum outlawed. No one is going to take them seriously in each case.

well, that's an opinion. mine is that I don't trust politicians at all when they say they want measured anything, or temporary this or that. when they take power of any kind they almost never cede it back and it simply snowballs.

little doubt in my mind that if the 2nd amendment didn't exist there would be far more bans and regulations on guns. Simply looking at what they did in DC and Chicago, with their attempted bans on handguns just a few years ago, tells me that the grabbers will push as far and as hard as they are able.

This has always mystified me to no end. As a owner of several weapons and a liberal it always makes me laugh when they say this. I was looking at one of my favorite guys on youtube by the name of Colion Noir and found this video. The guy in the video is Tyson Beckford who I happened to meet a long time ago and didnt even know he was famous. We hit it off pretty good and its funny how we have the same outlook on the issue.

Perhaps it mystifies you because you cannot see the truth. Just like Obamacare was designed as the start of national governmental healthcare, gun control efforts are designed to overturn the second amendment and result in an unarmed populace.

I can see the truth. There are some nuts on both sides of the issue. Gun control is not meant to overturn the second amendment. Its to prevent nutcases from getting guns and shooting people dead. Please dont be naive. There is no way the populace would ever be unarmed even if they took away all the registered guns.

Then Pupps would suggest that you begin with Arab terrorists. Don't let them in and throw out those that are already here. Please don't be naive.

Arabia is not in the US. Please get back on topic and address the post.

My reply is exactly on topic. You just fail to grasp it. You want to "prevent nutcases from getting guns and shooting people dead".

Arab terrorists in the US fit that bill.

I'd rather start with the white males that make manifestos. Arab terrorists in the US typically use bombs not guns.

Why Do Alot Of Conservatives Feel Liberals Want Their Guns?

Because there is a history of statements, registrations, confiscatory policies and general attitude to that effect attached to the Democrats and their pets.
Not all liberals are democrats for 1 and not all democrats want guns confiscated.

Irrelevant. Barring a public epiphany, or an event of enormous metaphysical proportions, it is forever attached to their general presentation, like it or not.

Why Do Alot Of Conservatives Feel Liberals Want Their Guns?

Because there is a history of statements, registrations, confiscatory policies and general attitude to that effect attached to the Democrats and their pets.
Not all liberals are democrats for 1 and not all democrats want guns confiscated.

Irrelevant. Barring a public epiphany, or an event of enormous metaphysical proportions, it is forever attached to their general presentation, like it or not.
Its very relevant and one of the reasons its so amusing to me when you guys say silly stuff like that. Why would I want someone to confiscate my weapons?

Are you aware of the fact that licensed gun owners are the most law abiding of any citizens....?

Permit holders are extremely law abiding. They would lose their permits for any weapons-related infraction. It doesn’t happen

a. Example: “Of the 51,078 permits that have been issued by the state since the law took effect in 2007, 44 permit holders have been charged with a crime while using a firearm through late October, according to records provided by the Kansas Attorney General’s Office.”

Criminality is .00086%

Your argument is weird. How do you know licensed gun owners are the most law abiding? Where did you get that information? Do you mean they just havent gotten caught breaking a law? Same thing for permit holders. Just because they didnt have a weapons related infraction doesnt mean they obey all laws? How many killers, white collar swindlers, speeding infractions have been done by gun owners?

Its not insane. Its the best method of catching criminals and preventing nutcases from getting guns. if you can think of a better one how come no one has offered an alternative? I'm all ears.

You sound to me like a gun banner. The only way to stop most violent crime is for people to be armed. They are on the scene while the police are not.

Criminality is .00086%

"Do you mean they just havent gotten caught breaking a law?"

The data is pretty clear: they don't break the law.

Criminality is .00086%

Therefore....'gun control' laws are meant as gun confiscation laws.
There are dunces who pretend not to see that....
Raise your paw.

Criminality is .00086%

You sound to me like a gun banner. The only way to stop most violent crime is for people to be armed. They are on the scene while the police are not.

My Glock 19 and my Springfield XDM are laughing at such silliness from you. I asked to offer a better alternative and you deflected. Please address the point.

Criminality is .00086%

Criminality is .00086%

Raise your paw.

What data? I only see your opinion.

I think its more of a USA Government wants private guns and they started the push in 1934 when they went after MACHINE GUNS . [I think it was 1934 when USA Government started on gun control] ------------- And it is incremental and as already mentioned both illary and mrobama wanted to take a look at Australias gun control Ace !!
Sorry, but the government started in on gun control shortly after the war between the states ended to keep newly freed slaves from owning guns. Democrats all.
-------------------- correct , just forgot but its a government approved deal , both dems and repubs and USA Government . Dems may be worse but it is both sides looking to eventually disarm Private Americans ownership of effective weapons that full fill the purpose of the Second Amendment Miketx .

Criminality is .00086%

"Its not insane. Its the best method of catching criminals and preventing nutcases from getting guns. if you can think of a better one how come no one has offered an alternative? I'm all ears."

Just imagine if you actually knew anything.

Have you read John Lott's well documented and researched "More Guns, Less Crime"?
Have you ever owned a book that didn't require crayons???

National Academy of Sciences, 2004, found –“ There is no credible evidence that "right-to-carry" laws, which allow qualified adults to carry concealed handguns, either decrease or increase violent crime. To date, 34 states have enacted these laws.” Data on Firearms and Violence Too Weak to Settle Policy Debates; Comprehensive Research Effort Needed

Read it.

Criminality is .00086%

"Its not insane. Its the best method of catching criminals and preventing nutcases from getting guns. if you can think of a better one how come no one has offered an alternative? I'm all ears."

Have you read John Lott's well documented and researched "More Guns, Less Crime"?

National Academy of Sciences, 2004, found –“ There is no credible evidence that "right-to-carry" laws, which allow qualified adults to carry concealed handguns, either decrease or increase violent crime. To date, 34 states have enacted these laws.” Data on Firearms and Violence Too Weak to Settle Policy Debates; Comprehensive Research Effort Needed

Read it.

No thanks. I asked for a better alternative. If you give me a good one then I will read it. Until then I am going to consider it the mad cries of the insane.

Criminality is .00086%

Criminality is .00086%

Raise your paw.

"What data? I only see your opinion."
You're either a liar or a moron....I'll accept your statement of which.

This is a direct quote,and link:

Example: “Of the 51,078 permits that have been issued by the state since the law took effect in 2007, 44 permit holders have been charged with a crime while using a firearm through late October, according to records provided by the Kansas Attorney General’s Office.”
Further Proof that Concealed Carry Permit Holders Rarely Commit Crimes - Guns.com

Criminality is .00086%

Criminality is .00086%

Raise your paw.

Example: “Of the 51,078 permits that have been issued by the state since the law took effect in 2007, 44 permit holders have been charged with a crime while using a firearm through late October, according to records provided by the Kansas Attorney General’s Office.”
Further Proof that Concealed Carry Permit Holders Rarely Commit Crimes - Guns.com

That just says "while using a firearm". I asked for proof they were the most law abiding.

Criminality is .00086%

Read it.
No thanks. I asked for a better alternative. If you give me a good one then I will read it. Until then I am going to consider it the mad cries of the insane.

That source was the National Academy of Sciences.

I fully understand your palpable fear of erudition (better look that up).

Criminality is .00086%

Criminality is .00086%

Raise your paw.

That just says "while using a firearm". I asked for proof they were the most law abiding.

Criminality is .00086%

Is mathematics one of your lacunae?

Find any other group with a similar rate of law breaking.

Criminality is .00086%

My Glock 19 and my Springfield XDM are laughing at such silliness from you. I asked to offer a better alternative and you deflected. Please address the point.
-------------------- big deal , so you own a Glock 19 and maybe an AR . If you are in California your 2 guns effectiveness has been reduced to to the fact that your guns cannot use NORMAL capacity magazines Ace .

Criminality is .00086%

Lots of proof of that....

"Twelve years of additional experience and mountains of data confirm the empirical truth – more guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens mean less crime.

“I would ask gun control advocates one question: name a single place in the entire world where murder rates fell after gun control laws were passed.”

That is the powerful challenge from economist Dr. John Lott, Jr., who was kind enough to discuss with CFIF the third edition release of his tectonic book More Guns, Less Crime.

Over a decade has passed since More Guns, Less Crime was released in 1998, immediately remaking the gun rights debate landscape. Lott, who brought an economist’s empiricism to a debate saturated in passion but short on probative data, proposed “a critical review of the existing evidence on gun control and crime.” Accordingly, he asked: “Does allowing people to own or carry guns deter violent crime, or does it simply cause more citizens to harm each other?”

Lott’s objective conclusion was controversial in 1998, less so today.

Based upon broad data sources and examination of FBI annual crime figures for all 3,054 American counties spanning sixteen years, he found that waiting periods, gun buybacks and background checks “yield virtually no benefits in crime reduction.” In contrast, Lott observed that “of all the methods studied so far by economists, the carrying of concealed handguns appears to be the most cost-effective method for reducing crime.”

As stated by Dr. Lott and boldly noted in the preface to the new third edition, not a single antagonist has refuted his empirical conclusion that more firearms result in reduced crime. "
John Lott: More Guns, Still Less Crime

Forum List

Back