Why did the programs flood the nation with blacks in them?

The real test will come if and when things economically for any reason break down. We will see where we are really at then.
There are more black actors and writers now. More black directors and cameramen. Look at content. Look at the changes in the industry and independent filmmaking .

Not necessarily. One of my kids is an actor, filmmaker. He's working with more black talent now than ever.

And?

Do you sit and watch a commercial and go "oh look, there are black people in this ad"? I sure as fuck do not

Do white women need black men to make them happy? Commercials said so and so does Google. Reality, I rarely see that mix

This question puzzled me so i tried to find out why so many ads feature black men with white women and blacks heavily populating the TV ad programs?
What do you think broadcasters are up to? Blacks amount to about 12 percent of the population not about 80 percent of it.

Profile photo for Ana Decompreso

Ana Decompreso
·
Follow
Paralegal1y
It’s amazing to see how inaccurately those ads depict the “average Black Family” living in a beautiful immaculate home located in a suburban safe neighborhood. It’s an insult to Black Americans. Do most Black people live like that? Also, many of the families depicted are multiracial too. Is that real? In the the US, the population of Black Americans is 12%, yet that percentage is much higher in commercials, and now in the media too. It’s great to see the opportunities are opening up, but is the marketing realistic? Something about that exposure and having it forced upon an audience seems unreal. Do most people buy the propaganda. Is it unifying us?

Because dei is a semi mandatory thing in our country now. And it's getting worse.

But it's mostly because of companies being forced into pushing using esg scores.

My wife for instance works a company that supplies a product to a lot of retailers. Target is one of them. Target does audits on her companies dei and esg and if they don't meet their goals Target will not do business with them. Recently Target told them they need to include x amount of wheelchair bound people shown on the companies website if they want to keep their contract. They also aren't allowed to do business with other companies that don't follow dei standards or else target will end the contract.

Because dei is a semi mandatory thing in our country now. And it's getting worse.

But it's mostly because of companies being forced into pushing using esg scores.

My wife for instance works a company that supplies a product to a lot of retailers. Target is one of them. Target does audits on her companies dei and esg and if they don't meet their goals Target will not do business with them. Recently Target told them they need to include x amount of wheelchair bound people shown on the companies website if they want to keep their contract. They also aren't allowed to do business with other companies that don't follow dei standards or else target will end the contract.

Welcome to the corporate world.

Forum List

Back