Why did obama stop the Keystone pipeline?

Could it have anything to do with Warren Buffett?

Buffett’s Railroad Among Winners From Keystone Denial

Warren Buffett’s Burlington Northern Santa Fe LLC is among U.S. and Canadian railroads that stand to benefit from the Obama administration’s decision to reject TransCanada Corp. (TRP)’s Keystone XL oil pipeline permit.
With modest expansion, railroads can handle all new oil produced in western Canada through 2030, according to an analysis of the Keystone proposal by the U.S. State Department.
“Whatever people bring to us, we’re ready to haul,” Krista York-Wooley, a spokeswoman for Burlington Northern, a unit of Buffett’s Omaha, Nebraska-based Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (BRK/A), said in an interview. If Keystone XL “doesn’t happen, we’re here to haul.”

Buffett

Let's hear from the Bush Cheney bashers
what ever the reason is it hurts the American people !!!
Obama and Company doesn't care about the people. It cares about being part of a big government and getting re-elected. It would not matter to Barack Obama which big country he was in charge of as long as he was part of the ruling elite. He does not care about the people.

Obama is a Marxist!

He doesn't care about the people but he cares about getting re-elected?

The people decide who gets re-elected.

hmmm, this is interesting....looks like it it the KOCH BROTHERS who would benefit the MOST from having Keystone xl built.....

Koch Brothers Positioned To Be Big Winners If Keystone XL Pipeline Is Approved | Reuters

I had not heard anything on this.....? Is this why the republicans support it so much...even if it means taking away citizens properties who do not want to sell their land for it, via Eminent Domain?

Well we already know how obama helps his political friends. solyndra
soooo, are you saying it is okay? Okay for the republicans to try to"help out their friends like Koch Brothers that have the political campaign monies they need" ?

It's okay for repubs but not okay for Dems or is it okay for BOTH, or it is not okay for BOTH?

Is it OK? tell me who's it hurting? the people who needs the oil or should I say gas? or the billionaire who will benefit for the no go from obama? Someone will profit from it, I would whether see someone profit when it benefits me than when it hurts me.

But my sig proves that is what CON$ do!!!

Alinsky Conservatives like daveman have been well trained in their ruthless tactics of lies, subversion and obfuscation. They receive their orders from Conservative messiahs Limbaugh, Beck and Hannity and post their mindless drivel on message boards in an attempt to deceive the public

We are on to your tricks Daveman!
I really don't think ed's going to give you Rescued Maiden sex, but you never know.

whitekniteoo6ou6.gif

Your Alinsky inspired attempts at misdirection and obfuscation are duly noted Comrade Dave

Comrade Rush would be very proud....you have learned well

Congrats to President Obama. Finally having learned everything is a bargaining chip with the Republicans. 60 days worth of the payroll tax reduction isn't enough for the permanant pipeline. If they want to talk a deal let talk deal. Repeal the Bush tax cuts for the rich.

But my sig proves that is what CON$ do!!!

Alinsky Conservatives like daveman have been well trained in their ruthless tactics of lies, subversion and obfuscation. They receive their orders from Conservative messiahs Limbaugh, Beck and Hannity and post their mindless drivel on message boards in an attempt to deceive the public

I must say, rightwinger....you often put up the weakest, most asinine, adolescent arguments on this forum.

Well, maybe except for truthmatters!...and rdean...and Chris. Jesus! None of you have any common sense!

A man speaks the truth and you denigrate him based solely on the source of his information. What a fucking brilliant debate tactic.

Next time daveman pisses you off with the truth about the boy king Obama, just call him a racist Nazi. You win by acclamation...(of your fellow idiots)...and remain the hero of the left.

As another Alinsky Conservative, the motivation behind your rantings are evident to all. Your tactics of smear, hatred, obfuscation and misdirection fool no one. Having to resort to childish name calling does nothing to support your weak position

I must say, rightwinger....you often put up the weakest, most asinine, adolescent arguments on this forum.

Well, maybe except for truthmatters!...and rdean...and Chris. Jesus! None of you have any common sense!

A man speaks the truth and you denigrate him based solely on the source of his information. What a fucking brilliant debate tactic.

Next time daveman pisses you off with the truth about the boy king Obama, just call him a racist Nazi. You win by acclamation...(of your fellow idiots)...and remain the hero of the left.

As another Alinsky Conservative, the motivation behind your rantings are evident to all. Your tactics of smear, hatred, obfuscation and misdirection fool no one. Having to resort to childish name calling does nothing to support your weak position

Alinsky conservative?

Well we already know how obama helps his political friends. solyndra
soooo, are you saying it is okay? Okay for the republicans to try to"help out their friends like Koch Brothers that have the political campaign monies they need" ?

It's okay for repubs but not okay for Dems or is it okay for BOTH, or it is not okay for BOTH?

Is it OK? tell me who's it hurting? the people who needs the oil or should I say gas? or the billionaire who will benefit for the no go from obama? Someone will profit from it, I would whether see someone profit when it benefits me than when it hurts me.
Did you answer my question? You have implied that obama is doing this for Buffet to benefit, and I showed you that the repubs are doing this to benefit the Koch Brothers....there is no difference, if this is taking place the way you implied.....

there are more than 60 lawsuits from my understanding of individual land owners, that Keystone wants to take their land away to build their pipeline and this is without the approval of the pipeline, I am certain there will be more once the thing is approved....

Are you okay with our government using Eminent Domain to take these people's land away for a private Canadian company?

and how does it benefit us...will gasoline go down in price for us? will we nationalize our oil/refineries so that all of this oil from canada stays here in the usa and not sold to other countries on the free market?

How do we benefit from it or how do you envision us benefiting from it? Sure Koch brothers may benefit from it, and sure Buffet could if it doesn't but how do we, USA citizens benefit from it if there is NO ASSURANCE that the oil/gasoline stays here in the USA?

Did you answer my question? You have implied that obama is doing this for Buffet to benefit, and I showed you that the repubs are doing this to benefit the Koch Brothers....there is no difference, if this is taking place the way you implied.....

there are more than 60 lawsuits from my understanding of individual land owners, that Keystone wants to take their land away to build their pipeline and this is without the approval of the pipeline, I am certain there will be more once the thing is approved....

Are you okay with our government using Eminent Domain to take these people's land away for a private Canadian company?

and how does it benefit us...will gasoline go down in price for us? will we nationalize our oil/refineries so that all of this oil from canada stays here in the usa and not sold to other countries on the free market?

How do we benefit from it or how do you envision us benefiting from it? Sure Koch brothers may benefit from it, and sure Buffet could if it doesn't but how do we, USA citizens benefit from it if there is NO ASSURANCE that the oil/gasoline stays here in the USA?

Did you answer my question?

Yes I did answer your question did you read it?
You're swinging your answer wide left careful you will miss the mark.

I wasn't aware of this do you have a source? However I don't think that's obama's objective for disapproving the pipe line.

Did you answer my question?

I wasn't aware of this do you have a source? However I don't think that's obama's objective for disapproving the pipe line.
I read it yesterday...I will try to find the link for you in a minute or two!

So, How will this pipeline benefit us? How do you forsee it benefitting me or you or my mom?

Here is what I have found on it and it DOES NOT HELP US, in fact...gasoline is suppose to go up by 20 cents a gallon in some areas due to the pipeline being built.

Gas prices: Keystone XL will increase gas prices for Americans—Especially Farmers

• By draining Midwestern refineries of cheap Canadian crude into export-oriented refineries in the Gulf Coast, Keystone XL will increase the cost of gas for Americans.
  • TransCanada’s 2008 Permit Application states “Existing markets for Canadian heavy crude, principally PADD II [U.S. Midwest], are currently oversupplied, resulting in price discounting for Canadian heavy crude oil. Access to the USGC [U.S. Gulf Coast] via the Keystone XL Pipeline is expected to strengthen Canadian crude oil pricing in [the Midwest] by removing this oversupply. This is expected to increase the price of heavy crude to the equivalent cost of imported crude. The resultant increase in the price of heavy crude is estimated to provide an increase in annual revenue to the Canadian producing industry in 2013 of US $2 billion to US $3.9 billion.”
  • Independent analysis of these figures found this would increase per-gallon prices by 20 cents/gallon in the Midwest.
  • According to an independent analysis U.S. farmers, who spent $12.4 billion on fuel in 2009 could see expenses rise to $15 billion or higher in 2012 or 2013 if the pipeline goes through. At least $500 million of the added expense would come from the Canadian market manipulation.

I really don't think ed's going to give you Rescued Maiden sex, but you never know.

whitekniteoo6ou6.gif

Your Alinsky inspired attempts at misdirection and obfuscation are duly noted Comrade Dave

Comrade Rush would be very proud....you have learned well
And the really funny part?

Ed thinks you're serious. :lol:

Alinsky conservative?
Yes, Alinsky CON$ervative, the ONLY kind of CON$ervative there is!

So, How will this pipeline benefit us? How do you forsee it benefitting me or you or my mom?

Here is what I have found on it and it DOES NOT HELP US, in fact...gasoline is suppose to go up by 20 cents a gallon in some areas due to the pipeline being built.

Gas prices: Keystone XL will increase gas prices for Americans—Especially Farmers

• By draining Midwestern refineries of cheap Canadian crude into export-oriented refineries in the Gulf Coast, Keystone XL will increase the cost of gas for Americans.
  • TransCanada’s 2008 Permit Application states “Existing markets for Canadian heavy crude, principally PADD II [U.S. Midwest], are currently oversupplied, resulting in price discounting for Canadian heavy crude oil. Access to the USGC [U.S. Gulf Coast] via the Keystone XL Pipeline is expected to strengthen Canadian crude oil pricing in [the Midwest] by removing this oversupply. This is expected to increase the price of heavy crude to the equivalent cost of imported crude. The resultant increase in the price of heavy crude is estimated to provide an increase in annual revenue to the Canadian producing industry in 2013 of US $2 billion to US $3.9 billion.”
  • Independent analysis of these figures found this would increase per-gallon prices by 20 cents/gallon in the Midwest.
  • According to an independent analysis U.S. farmers, who spent $12.4 billion on fuel in 2009 could see expenses rise to $15 billion or higher in 2012 or 2013 if the pipeline goes through. At least $500 million of the added expense would come from the Canadian market manipulation.
http://stopbigoilripoffs.com/docume...section-3-supply-and-markets/at_download/file
I need a little bit more than a link that direct's me to who know's where and from who knows whom created it. stopbigoilripoffs.com not going too cut it.

big,

here is what I found so far...it is not from what I had read yesterday, which had eminent domain lawsuits in Texas mentioned, but I will keep searching for it...

The company has obtained easements on about 92 percent of the land, TransCanada spokesman Shawn Howard said. According to court records, the company has filed 24 lawsuits against South Dakota landowners on the Keystone XL route, compared with 41 lawsuits against landowners on the Keystone I route.
"We weren't really involved in the organizing of landowners the first time around," said James of Dakota Rural Action, which has helped landowners negotiate collectively with the company. "It caught us off guard, too."
Scott Heidepriem, a Sioux Falls lawyer who lost the governor's race to Daugaard last year, said the differences between how Nebraska and South Dakota have dealt with TransCanada is "an embarrassment."
"At least Nebraska is asking some of the significant questions," he said. "The Republicans in Pierre didn't want to do that. They just wanted to bend over and give $30 million to this pipeline (company)," referring to state construction excise tax rebate that went to the company.Proposal for 2nd pipeline sparks opposition

big,

here is what I found so far...it is not from what I had read yesterday, which had eminent domain lawsuits in Texas mentioned, but I will keep searching for it...

The company has obtained easements on about 92 percent of the land, TransCanada spokesman Shawn Howard said. According to court records, the company has filed 24 lawsuits against South Dakota landowners on the Keystone XL route, compared with 41 lawsuits against landowners on the Keystone I route.
"We weren't really involved in the organizing of landowners the first time around," said James of Dakota Rural Action, which has helped landowners negotiate collectively with the company. "It caught us off guard, too."
Scott Heidepriem, a Sioux Falls lawyer who lost the governor's race to Daugaard last year, said the differences between how Nebraska and South Dakota have dealt with TransCanada is "an embarrassment."
"At least Nebraska is asking some of the significant questions," he said. "The Republicans in Pierre didn't want to do that. They just wanted to bend over and give $30 million to this pipeline (company)," referring to state construction excise tax rebate that went to the company.Proposal for 2nd pipeline sparks opposition

There wasn't anything in the link you provided.

big,

There wasn't anything in the link you provided.
i'll highlight it for you, since you missed it....i underlined it too....those are EMINENT DOMAIN lawsuits that keystone has filed to TAKE private citizen's land!!!!!

here is another article on it:

A Canadian company has been threatening to confiscate private land from South Dakota to the Gulf of Mexico, and is already suing many who have refused to allow the Keystone XL pipeline on their property even though the controversial project has yet to receive federal approval.

Randy Thompson, a cattle buyer in Nebraska, was informed that if he did not grant pipeline access to 80 of the 400 acres left to him by his mother along the Platte River, “Keystone will use eminent domain to acquire the easement.” Sue Kelso and her large extended family in Oklahoma were sued in the local district court by TransCanada, the pipeline company, after she and her siblings refused to allow the pipeline to cross their pasture.http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/18/u...omain-fight-over-pipeline.html?pagewanted=all

Some people like to keep paying the oil giants to laugh all of the way to the bank and some don't.

I predict many will be moving much closer at least to work in the near future. In fact some are doing those things as we speak. As time moves forward making these arrangements will become more expensive as demand dictates.

You yourself are paying the oil giants every day. So if they're laughing all the way to the bank, you're one of the reasons.

Forum List

Back