Why did God create evil?

That's where you are wrong. It is not about the destination at all. It is about the journey.

You'd hope it would be. But then these religious zealots make their life on Earth rubbish in order to get a better afterlife. Sounds like the journey is just a crappy train ride to them.

Those who reject religion are often the ones making the most of the journey.
As near as I can tell, you are the only one talking about the destination. I've never heard that preached once.

There's a big difference between what is preached and what is thought by others.

It's like the Chinese with Confucianism. They love to quote it, but don't follow it for anything.
Holy shit. Now you know what other people think?

I am telling you that I don't see anyone discussing heaven and hell except atheists.

It's a bullshit argument.

This isn't about how people think on the inside, this is about WHAT THEY DO. The actions they have.

People who live so piously that they're giving up their life here for a better life "there".

Nuns in Santiago de Compostela in Spain.

These nuns can't go outside into the real world, can't talk with real world people. They just do pious shit and for what reason?

Because they think they'll go to a better place in the "next life".

Now, you try interpreting this as their journey is more important than their destination. I need a good laugh.
Exactly and what they do tells us that they believe there is a universal law of common decency that they expect everyone to know and follow. All one has to do is listen to anyone quarrel to see this.

The simple answer is that God didn't create evil.

Everything God created is good.

Evil is not extant. Evil doesn't exist in and of itself.

Evil is the absence of good, just as cold is the absence of heat, and darkness is the absence of light.
Murphy's law shouldn't exist if we had a loving caring god. Einstein said god didn't gamble. God gave us the dice and the rules. Free will random happenstance. Who needs a god? Who can tell there is one given the results?

Evil is the absence of good, just as cold is the absence of heat, and darkness is the absence of light.
Murphy's law shouldn't exist if we had a loving caring god. Einstein said god didn't gamble. God gave us the dice and the rules. Free will random happenstance Who needs a god?
Not you apparently. :lol:

Murphy's law shouldn't exist if we had a loving caring god. Einstein said god didn't gamble. God gave us the dice and the rules. Free will random happenstance Who needs a god?
So if I click my ruby heels together, god's existence is inherent solely up to ME? I don't think so. I PRAY and nothing happens, Or worse, even. I flip a coin, superstition. Papa Legba. voodoo. Christianity is a cult, and so is Islam.

So if I click my ruby heels together, god's existence is inherent solely up to ME? I don't think so. I PRAY and nothing happens, Or worse, even. I flip a coin, superstition. Papa Legba. voodoo. Christianity is a cult, and so Islam
You're probably doing it wrong.

Why does it transcend man?

You're just making stuff up as far as I can tell.
Because we are born with it, everyone knows about it, we didn't put it there, we can 't seem to get rid of it and when we violate it rather than abandoning it we rationalize we didn't violate it. That ought to make you suspicious.

You can't make up reality.

Born with what? What is it you're actually talking about here?
An innate ability to know right from wrong. We're hardwired for it. How many people do you see saying the hell with your concept of common decency and fairness? None. They are all arguing that the other guy is unfair or they are being fair.

You act like this is news to you. Just watch anyone quarrel over anything for crying out loud.

Is there an innate ability to know right from wrong?

Or is there an innate ability to know right from wrong when you decide what is right from wrong?

Clearly a lot of people don't agree on what makes right and wrong.

Some people think stopping gay people getting married is right, others think it's wrong. So what's the innate thinking? One person's view or another person's view?

When it comes to murder it's simple survival techniques.

Just as men are far more likely to get angry before thinking about what they're doing than women, as a survival technique, just as men have more hair than women on their bodies as a survival attribute.

Many humans don't care about other animals. A pig is just something to be eaten, or laugh at. But humans means it could be you who is eaten next. So, let's not eat humans then I don't need to be worried that someone will eat me. Survival technique.

There are plenty of them, all animals have them, they differ, but they have them.

That's not evidence of God, it's evidence that drugs in our bodies make things happen.
You are confusing people rationalizing that they didn't do wrong with people don't agree on right and wrong. Two different things. But it is people believing that their actions are right that tells us there is something inside of them that they didn't put there that keeps them from abandoning the concept even when they do do wrong. They just argue that they didn't. Didn't I already go over that?

Man is the only animal capable of knowledge of good and evil. No other creature has this concept. Sure animals can have empathy, but not like man. Animals function on impulse and instinct. Man functions on these too, but in man's case he has the unique ability to override his impulses and instinct for the sake of good. That is free will.

Without deciding what is right and wrong, how can you rationalize what is right and wrong?

How do you know man is the only animal capable of knowledge of good and evil? That's another of these absurd things you say where you don't actually know.

Free will? Do we have free will.

Why do you do what you do? Because of the drugs in your body and the experience you've had which are based on the drugs in someone else's body.

Or maybe there isn't anything eternal.
Then how were space and time created from nothing?

Imagine you have a pack of cards. You shuffle the cards. You keep the cards face down at all times, no one has seen what is on those cards.

You come along and say "the top one is the ace of spades". I say "you can't know it's the ace of spades". You say "Of course it's the ace of spades, it has to be the ace of spades."

You might be right. You have a small chance it's right.

But we're playing with a set of playing cards that has a hundred billion different suits and in each suit there are a hundred billion cards.

What are the chances you are right?

The simple fact is we don't know how things formed. We don't know what's out there. Some people can accept this. Others make shit up to fill the gaps (and they're very large gaps).
First of all, I know a little slight of hand and can make you pick the ace of spades every time.

Secondly, it isn't like we don't have any evidence for this. There's tons of evidence for it.

You are the one who has no evidence for what you are saying as you are literally arguing against science.

I thought you guys were supposed to worship science.

Yeah, you know a slight of hand. But can you do it on the scale of the universe? I bet you can't.

There's tons of evidence for what? And having evidence doesn't mean you're interpreting it properly.

I had a nice website that showed graphs comparing two completely random things, and showed them to be very, very similar that you could put 2 and 2 together and make 22.

But the pictures aren't working.

Interpreting evidence is different to having it.

I'm literally saying we don't know something so we should accept it. It's not going against science at all. It's pro-science. Anti-science is "Hey, we don't know what this is, so let's make it up".
Let's see... red shift, cosmic background radiation, Friedman's solutions to Einstein's field equations, quantum mechanics, 1st and 2nd Law of Thermodynamics all tell us that ~14 billion years ago space and time were created when all the matter and energy in the universe occupied the space of 1 billionth of 1 trillionth the size of a single atom and then began to expand and cool. Atheists worship science until it doesn't suit their purpose then they throw it under the bus.

Which is a theory that hasn't been proven at all.

We think there was a big bang. What happened before the big bang? We don't know. Did the stuff that exploded out of the big bang exist already, and was merely compacted together.

Imagine a bike inner tube. Imagine that the air can go around this inner tube. But at one point there's only the tinniest of spaces that stuff can squeeze through.

It all explodes from this one place, goes around the inner tube and meets back at the small space a few billion years later.

Is this what happens? Or isn't it?

So if I click my ruby heels together, god's existence is inherent solely up to ME? I don't think so. I PRAY and nothing happens, Or worse, even. I flip a coin, superstition. Papa Legba. voodoo. Christianity is a cult, and so Islam

"probably" being that all important word.

Because we are born with it, everyone knows about it, we didn't put it there, we can 't seem to get rid of it and when we violate it rather than abandoning it we rationalize we didn't violate it. That ought to make you suspicious.

You can't make up reality.

An innate ability to know right from wrong. We're hardwired for it. How many people do you see saying the hell with your concept of common decency and fairness? None. They are all arguing that the other guy is unfair or they are being fair.

You act like this is news to you. Just watch anyone quarrel over anything for crying out loud.

Or is there an innate ability to know right from wrong when you decide what is right from wrong?

Some people think stopping gay people getting married is right, others think it's wrong. So what's the innate thinking? One person's view or another person's view?

Just as men are far more likely to get angry before thinking about what they're doing than women, as a survival technique, just as men have more hair than women on their bodies as a survival attribute.

Many humans don't care about other animals. A pig is just something to be eaten, or laugh at. But humans means it could be you who is eaten next. So, let's not eat humans then I don't need to be worried that someone will eat me. Survival technique.

There are plenty of them, all animals have them, they differ, but they have them.

That's not evidence of God, it's evidence that drugs in our bodies make things happen.
You are confusing people rationalizing that they didn't do wrong with people don't agree on right and wrong. Two different things. But it is people believing that their actions are right that tells us there is something inside of them that they didn't put there that keeps them from abandoning the concept even when they do do wrong. They just argue that they didn't. Didn't I already go over that?

Man is the only animal capable of knowledge of good and evil. No other creature has this concept. Sure animals can have empathy, but not like man. Animals function on impulse and instinct. Man functions on these too, but in man's case he has the unique ability to override his impulses and instinct for the sake of good. That is free will.

Without deciding what is right and wrong, how can you rationalize what is right and wrong?

How do you know man is the only animal capable of knowledge of good and evil? That's another of these absurd things you say where you don't actually know.

Why do you do what you do? Because of the drugs in your body and the experience you've had which are based on the drugs in someone else's body.
Objective truth is discovered through a conflict and confusion process. Error cannot stand, it eventually fails. But if you want to get to the answer faster, you must die to self and have no preference for an outcome. That's how you can figure out the right thing to do.

If I was walking my dog and came upon you and attacked you for no reason at all, my dog would be tearing at your throat in the fight. My dog is an amazing animal. Smart and intelligent for a dog. He has no clue about the concept of good an evil. Animals operate on impulse and instinct. Their level of empathy is low. They have no concept of right and wrong. If you don't believe me, go and share a coke with a polar bear.

Everyone has free will. Free will is choice. Everything is choice.

Then how were space and time created from nothing?

Imagine you have a pack of cards. You shuffle the cards. You keep the cards face down at all times, no one has seen what is on those cards.

You come along and say "the top one is the ace of spades". I say "you can't know it's the ace of spades". You say "Of course it's the ace of spades, it has to be the ace of spades."

But we're playing with a set of playing cards that has a hundred billion different suits and in each suit there are a hundred billion cards.

The simple fact is we don't know how things formed. We don't know what's out there. Some people can accept this. Others make shit up to fill the gaps (and they're very large gaps).
First of all, I know a little slight of hand and can make you pick the ace of spades every time.

Secondly, it isn't like we don't have any evidence for this. There's tons of evidence for it.

You are the one who has no evidence for what you are saying as you are literally arguing against science.

Yeah, you know a slight of hand. But can you do it on the scale of the universe? I bet you can't.

There's tons of evidence for what? And having evidence doesn't mean you're interpreting it properly.

I had a nice website that showed graphs comparing two completely random things, and showed them to be very, very similar that you could put 2 and 2 together and make 22.

I'm literally saying we don't know something so we should accept it. It's not going against science at all. It's pro-science. Anti-science is "Hey, we don't know what this is, so let's make it up".
Let's see... red shift, cosmic background radiation, Friedman's solutions to Einstein's field equations, quantum mechanics, 1st and 2nd Law of Thermodynamics all tell us that ~14 billion years ago space and time were created when all the matter and energy in the universe occupied the space of 1 billionth of 1 trillionth the size of a single atom and then began to expand and cool. Atheists worship science until it doesn't suit their purpose then they throw it under the bus.

We think there was a big bang. What happened before the big bang? We don't know. Did the stuff that exploded out of the big bang exist already, and was merely compacted together.

Imagine a bike inner tube. Imagine that the air can go around this inner tube. But at one point there's only the tinniest of spaces that stuff can squeeze through.

It all explodes from this one place, goes around the inner tube and meets back at the small space a few billion years later.

Do you usually shit all over science when science offends your sensibilities?

I was being nice.

Objective truth is discovered through a conflict and confusion process. Error cannot stand, it eventually fails. But if you want to get to the answer faster, you must die to self and have no preference for an outcome. That's how you can figure out the right thing to do.

If I was walking my dog and came upon you and attacked you for no reason at all, my dog would be tearing at your throat in the fight. My dog is an amazing animal. Smart and intelligent for a dog. He has no clue about the concept of good an evil. Animals operate on impulse and instinct. Their level of empathy is low. They have no concept of right and wrong. If you don't believe me, go and share a coke with a polar bear.

The problem with your analogies is that they don't work very well with other similar analogies.

Go have a coke with a bear. The bear will tear you up.

How about you put a human with a cockroach, they go have a coke together. Will the human not try and kill the cockroach?

Or how about a mosquito?

From the mosquito or cockroach's point of view, humans have no empathy.

Fuck off.

The problem with your analogies is that they don't work very well with other similar analogies.

How about you put a human with a cockroach, they go have a coke together. Will the human not try and kill the cockroach?

Or how about a mosquito?

I don't have roaches. I use roach proof. Mosquitoes don't bother me and I don't bother them.

That polar bear is eating your spleen.

I was being nice.

You were being blinkered.

Fuck off.
:rofl:

The 2nd Law of Thermodynamics tells us the universe had a beginning. You just can't get around that.

Or how about a mosquito?

I don't have roaches. I use roach proof. Mosquitoes don't bother me and I don't bother them.

That polar bear is eating your spleen.

Any empathy for killing roaches? No? You just put poison down and kill them, without a thought to their life, their wellbeing, their family.

No empathy huh?

I was being nice.

You misspelled trolled the trolls.

Fuck off.
:rofl:

The 2nd Law of Thermodynamics tells us the universe had a beginning. You just can't get around that.

Today had a beginning. Doesn't mean there wasn't anything before the beginning.

Do we really have to do this simplistic stuff?

I was being nice.

You misspelled trolled the trolls.

Do we really have to pretend we're high school kids looking for a cheap laugh?

Forum List

Back