Why did God create evil?

God created evil because He’s a bad ass at heart.
I'm thankful God created redemption. I agree that God is a "bad ass". Don't want to mess around with God. Better to surrender to His plan for redemption and receive eternal Life.

I'm thankful God created redemption. I agree that God is a "bad ass". Don't want to mess around with God. Better to surrender to His plan for redemption and receive eternal Life.
I just hope that god doesn't give me one of his really bad cancers.

Me too. I had cancer and God healed me. We live on a fallen planet with sickness, disease, and sin. Do you understand that?

Me too. I had cancer and God healed me. We live on a fallen planet with sickness, disease, and sin. Do you understand that?
Why would god give such a fervent believer in Him cancer? That makes no sense.

God didn't give me cancer. Jesus never made anyone sick. He only healed the sick. God doesn't make anyone sick. We live on a fallen planet with sickness and disease. Don't you know that?

yin-yang.jpg

The simple answer is that God didn't create evil.

Everything God created is good.

Evil is not extant. Evil doesn't exist in and of itself.

Evil is the absence of good, just as cold is the absence of heat, and darkness is the absence of light.
God created Satan so are you saying Satan is good?

God didn't give me cancer. Jesus never made anyone sick. He only healed the sick. God doesn't make anyone sick. We live on a fallen planet with sickness and disease. Don't you know that?
So why did god make a planet with sickness and disease?

God didn't make a planet with sickness and disease. Man chose to sin and disobey God. Go read your bible.

God didn't make a planet with sickness and disease. Man chose to sin and disobey God. Go read your bible.
But didn't god have to make a planet like ours for us to be banished to? Didn't god make EVERYTHING in the universe? Or did He have some help?

But didn't god have to make a planet like ours for us to be banished to? Didn't god make EVERYTHING in the universe? Or did He have some help?
Banished? Nothing in the Bible about anyone being "banished". Go read your bible. Bye.

Banished? Nothing in the Bible about anyone being "banished". Go read your bible. Bye.
Ok, so man chose to sin. But god had to have made sin in the first place for man to choose it, right?

I believe the reason such exists is because of the Fall of Adam. Before the Fall everyone and everything only ate vegetation. With the FALL all creation was corrupted. Even the diseases of today have likely deviated from some original divine purpose. Adam could have lived forever and never died. Obviously, everything now dies.

everyone and everything only ate vegetation.

no nipper, they either did not eat or there was something not alive to eat, which does not exist - physiology without a spirit - a dreadfull thought, the same as your viewing that video.

With the FALL all creation was corrupted ...

again why would that be, there was no fall all beings were given the same task, good vs evil that has to be acomplished to acomplish remission to the Everlasting as a free spirit.

Even the diseases of today have likely deviated from some original divine purpose ...

what that may be could be anything ... that is not evil, such that to demise what is evil, christianity.

God didn't "create" evil per se. He was probably mildly amused when one of his angels (Satan, Lucifer, Beelzebub, etc) through his own pride decided to lead the revolt of one third of the angels against Him. Of course, angels are imperfect creatures which were not created by God in His own image, as we are.

We are infinitely more special than the angels, as God created us in His own image. The angels are merely messengers which have been around ever since the creation. They are not afforded the same forgiveness that we are.

It was in the Garden of Eden that Satan temped Eve and subsequently Adam, into going against God's wishes. For that, there will never be forgiveness, nor will there ever be forgiveness for the one third of those angels who followed Satan.

But God loved us so much that he didn't want us to perish, therefore He gave us ten commandments to follow, in order to remain in His favor. Unfortunately, many people failed to observe them. So at some point, God brought upon the world the Great Flood.

Even after the flood, silly humans refused to observe God's laws and rules as written in the Old testament. In order to give His creation a way out of sin and eternal damnation, He sent His only begotten son to die upon the cross, thereby having all of the world's sin placed upon Him.

Whether God allowed the temptation in the Garden or he lost control of his angels could be debated by the non-believers. I prefer to believe that He planned all this from the start, to impress upon us what a mighty Creator He is, because the idea of God being imperfect or out of control is kinda silly.
I don't understand how people can be so saddened and distraught over the death of others. If god has a plan for every living thing and nothing happens that isn't in gods plan than god condones and even directs the death murder and mayhem that's gone in the World. Halleluja?

Evil is the absence of good, just as cold is the absence of heat, and darkness is the absence of light.
Evil is the absence of good.

The Jews believe Satan is an angel working for God to tempt man. Effectively we are being tested.

I’m not sure I believe the first part but I believe the second part.

The Jews believe Satan is an angel working for God to tempt man. Effectively we are being tested.

So god created Satan
Satan is not "good"

Hence not everything god created is good

Or is it maybe that god isn't the only supreme being on the block?

God didn't "create" evil per se. He was probably mildly amused when one of his angels (Satan, Lucifer, Beelzebub, etc) through his own pride decided to lead the revolt of one third of the angels against Him. Of course, angels are imperfect creatures which were not created by God in His own image, as we are.

We are infinitely more special than the angels, as God created us in His own image. The angels are merely messengers which have been around ever since the creation. They are not afforded the same forgiveness that we are.

It was in the Garden of Eden that Satan temped Eve and subsequently Adam, into going against God's wishes. For that, there will never be forgiveness, nor will there ever be forgiveness for the one third of those angels who followed Satan.

But God loved us so much that he didn't want us to perish, therefore He gave us ten commandments to follow, in order to remain in His favor. Unfortunately, many people failed to observe them. So at some point, God brought upon the world the Great Flood.

Even after the flood, silly humans refused to observe God's laws and rules as written in the Old testament. In order to give His creation a way out of sin and eternal damnation, He sent His only begotten son to die upon the cross, thereby having all of the world's sin placed upon Him.

Whether God allowed the temptation in the Garden or he lost control of his angels could be debated by the non-believers. I prefer to believe that He planned all this from the start, to impress upon us what a mighty Creator He is, because the idea of God being imperfect or out of control is kinda silly.
I don't understand how people can be so saddened and distraught over the death of others. If god has a plan for every living thing and nothing happens that isn't in gods plan than god condones and even directs the death murder and mayhem that's gone in the World. Halleluja?
Everything works together. I don’t read anymore into that than I read that being created in God’s image is more than distinguishing that we possess intelligence.

So that you could ask stupid questions like that.

So god created Satan
Satan is not "good"

Hence not everything god created is good

Or is it maybe that god isn't the only supreme being on the block?
If it wasn’t as the Jews say, then yes, God created Satan as good and Satan chose to separate himself from God.

There is only one Creator.

Good and evil is a construct of man. It is a consequence of intelligence.

Animals don’t know the difference between good and evil. They have no knowledge of it.

You people read more shit into the Bible than the authors intended.

Forum List

Back