Why did Black Folk fight for the US in the Second World War ?

The ending of slavery was one step on the way. Blacks were still second class citizens in the US. Why fight for that ?
By any objective analysis, blacks lived better under segregation than they do now. Under segregation they had two parent households, little illegitimacy, little crime, no drug use, near full employment, decent schools. They have almost none of these things today.

I am not suggesting a return to segregation, but the facts are the facts.
Total racist propaganda

Blacks lived better because there were plenty of manufacturing jobs

There were no jobs in management. Those were reserved for white males
Idiot. Liar. Dumb fuck.

Every point I made is true. Manufacturing jobs were plentiful. So what asshole? That doesn’t disprove anything fuck face.
Black families did better when there were plenty of manufacturing jobs

Once the jobs went away, the families broke down
Wrong again. RACIST!

The black family started imploding in the 1960s, fool. There were plenty of manufacturing jobs available into the 1970s. Now fool...compare the statistical data for the points I made for blacks in 1940 to those of say 1975. Do you see anything?

I educated you, but I fear you aren’t qualified to learn.
Nonsense

Black families fell apart when the top wage earner no longer had a good paying job.

A black father with a good job at Ford stick by his family. A black man hustling on the street does not

By any objective analysis, blacks lived better under segregation than they do now. Under segregation they had two parent households, little illegitimacy, little crime, no drug use, near full employment, decent schools. They have almost none of these things today.

I am not suggesting a return to segregation, but the facts are the facts.
Total racist propaganda

Idiot. Liar. Dumb fuck.

Every point I made is true. Manufacturing jobs were plentiful. So what asshole? That doesn’t disprove anything fuck face.

Wrong again. RACIST!

The black family started imploding in the 1960s, fool. There were plenty of manufacturing jobs available into the 1970s. Now fool...compare the statistical data for the points I made for blacks in 1940 to those of say 1975. Do you see anything?

Nonsense

Black families fell apart when the top wage earner no longer had a good paying job.

A black father with a good job at Ford stick by his family. A black man hustling on the street does not
I just refuted that bs. If you knew anything about this topic, you would know segregation went out of existence in the 1960s. The black family was already starting to implode then. Lots of manufacturing jobs were available in the 1960s and 70s.

The loss of good paying low skilled jobs had an impact, but was clearly not the cause of the societal degradation of blacks.

Under segregation EVERY societal factor I mentioned above was better than today, and in the 60s and 70s too when lots of manufacturing jobs existed.

It seems like an act of faith in something that didn't exist.

At home, the inherent racism of the US denied them the very "freedoms" they were dying for.

They fought in the First War and nothing really changed, they should have learned from that.

Having said that, being bombed in Europe was probably preferable to life in the slave states.

Did black people see their daily lives improve as a result of their sacrifice ?

Does this make 20 or 30 threads you've started railing against non-existent racism? You must have a massive guilt trip over your own prejudices. I feel sorry for you.

Nonsense

As you know, and know well, the black family unit was destroyed by former President Lyndon Johnson and his "War on Poverty" and his "Great Society". President Lyndon Johnson began rewarding bad behavior and punishing good behavior which gave us the expected results.

When Black servicemen landed in the UK they thought they were in Narnia. They could sit where they liked,eat where they liked, marry who they wanted and were able to read books in the same Library before visiting the same church.

20 years later the Motown Revue visited Europe and were struck by the same differences. Even the kids in their audiences were not segregated. Europe was enlightened and free. The US was still living in the dark ages.

But, according to you.

Black Folks cant farm (part 1)
Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by Tommy Tainant, Oct 7, 2018.

It is similar to how England treated India after the war. Indians fought and died for the King and once the war was over they expected independence.

England told them to fuk off
The Empire was shit. But those Indians were free before the Blacks in the South.

Total racist propaganda

Idiot. Liar. Dumb fuck.

Wrong again. RACIST!

Nonsense

I just refuted that bs. If you knew anything about this topic, you would know segregation went out of existence in the 1960s. The black family was already starting to implode then. Lots of manufacturing jobs were available in the 1960s and 70s.

The loss of good paying low skilled jobs had an impact, but was clearly not the cause of the societal degradation of blacks.

Under segregation EVERY societal factor I mentioned above was better than today, and in the 60s and 70s too when lots of manufacturing jobs existed.
You refuted with an opinion.....FAIL

It is similar to how England treated India after the war. Indians fought and died for the King and once the war was over they expected independence.

The Empire was shit. But those Indians were free before the Blacks in the South.
Depends what you consider free
They didn’t have the rights of other British subjects and were second class citizens in their own country.

Indian Nationalists fought for independence in the 20s and 30s. When England went to war, they were told to put aside their issues and fight for the crown. Many Indians fought and died

After the war, they were told to pound salt as England reestablished its empire

Idiot. Liar. Dumb fuck.

Wrong again. RACIST!

Nonsense

Don't believe it? Just do a little research and find out how much lower the black on black crime rate was back in the 1950's.

They didn’t have the rights of other British subjects and were second class citizens in their own country.

Indian Nationalists fought for independence in the 20s and 30s. When England went to war, they were told to put aside their issues and fight for the crown. Many Indians fought and died

Well Indians were able to,marry, eat, study,live and travel well before the southern states. If you want me to defend the empire that isnt going to happen. But these are just facts.

At home, the inherent racism of the US denied them the very "freedoms" they were dying for.

They fought in the First War and nothing really changed, they should have learned from that.

Having said that, being bombed in Europe was probably preferable to life in the slave states.

FDR wouldn't even shake Jesse Owne's hand in 1936!

Wow, don't tell me you are seriously this stupid?

Are you not aware of history?

Slavery was over before the 20th century you dolt.

Conscription - Wikipedia

When the HMS drafts you, did the British say "no?" I doubt it, no matter how they felt about it.

Pretty much the same was true.

You start some pretty dumb threads sometimes.

They went, b/c it was either that or prison.

The ending of slavery was one step on the way. Blacks were still second class citizens in the US. Why fight for that ?

If they were drafted they had no choice and do you think ( I know you do not ) those Blacks wanted to live under Nazi rule?

If so how crazy are you?

Idiot. Liar. Dumb fuck.

Wrong again. RACIST!

Nonsense

LOL. I refuted with facts. You lose again.

FDR wouldn't even shake Jesse Owne's hand in 1936!
Yes! Hitler even shook Owens hand, but not the elitist lying fool FDR.

“Hitler didn't snub me—it was our president who snubbed me. The president didn't even send me a telegram." Jesse Owens.

Well Indians were able to,marry, eat, study,live and travel well before the southern states. If you want me to defend the empire that isnt going to happen. But these are just facts.
Black Americans weren’t allowed to marry, eat, live, travel? WTF.

They couldn’t marry white people
They couldn’t eat with white people
They couldn’t travel sitting next to white people

Wrong again. RACIST!

Nonsense

LOL. I refuted with facts. You lose again.
Hardly facts...just opinion

That's wasn't the reason why they fought.

Black people were just as much against the Holocaust as their Honky Brethren.

Although Muslim Americans didn't fight for America in WW2, our nation's leading Ayatollah at the time, Elijah Muhammed spent time in prison for failing to fight.

They couldn’t marry white people
They couldn’t eat with white people
They couldn’t travel sitting next to white people

They could in conservative cities provided both parties agreed, it was just liberal states that had strict Jim Crow laws. Places like South Carolina. But even in places like South Carolina, you had proud honkies willing to buck convention and father children with black broads, like the tremendous Strom Thurmond.

They were excluded from living in "white" buildings , they werent even able to read books handled by white readers.

Forum List

Back