Why did Black Folk fight for the US in the Second World War ?

They couldn’t marry white people
They couldn’t eat with white people
They couldn’t travel sitting next to white people

True, they could not be buried with white people either.

Thanks to Democrats!

Republican%20Civil%20Rights%20Accomplishments-L.jpg

The Empire was shit. But those Indians were free before the Blacks in the South.
Depends what you consider free
They didn’t have the rights of other British subjects and were second class citizens in their own country.

Indian Nationalists fought for independence in the 20s and 30s. When England went to war, they were told to put aside their issues and fight for the crown. Many Indians fought and died

After the war, they were told to pound salt as England reestablished its empire
The Empire was shit. But those Indians were free before the Blacks in the South.
They didn’t have the rights of other British subjects and were second class citizens in their own country.

Indian Nationalists fought for independence in the 20s and 30s. When England went to war, they were told to put aside their issues and fight for the crown. Many Indians fought and died

Well Indians were able to,marry, eat, study,live and travel well before the southern states. If you want me to defend the empire that isnt going to happen. But these are just facts.
Black Americans weren’t allowed to marry, eat, live, travel? WTF.

They could in conservative cities provided both parties agreed, it was just liberal states that had strict Jim Crow laws. Places like South Carolina. But even in places like South Carolina, you had proud honkies willing to buck convention and father children with black broads, like the tremendous Strom Thurmond.
I think you need to google liberal and conservative

It seems like an act of faith in something that didn't exist.

At home, the inherent racism of the US denied them the very "freedoms" they were dying for.

They fought in the First War and nothing really changed, they should have learned from that.

Having said that, being bombed in Europe was probably preferable to life in the slave states.

Did black people see their daily lives improve as a result of their sacrifice ?
America isn’t racist democrats are racist
so no one on the right are racists?...

It is similar to how England treated India after the war. Indians fought and died for the King and once the war was over they expected independence.

England told them to fuk off

It is similar to how England treated India after the war. Indians fought and died for the King and once the war was over they expected independence.

Well Indians were able to,marry, eat, study,live and travel well before the southern states. If you want me to defend the empire that isnt going to happen. But these are just facts.
Not the same thing.

They were excluded from living in "white" buildings , they werent even able to read books handled by white readers.
Yes but to think Limeys treated Indians better, is foolish.

Not the same thing.
Was to them

At home, the inherent racism of the US denied them the very "freedoms" they were dying for.

They fought in the First War and nothing really changed, they should have learned from that.

Having said that, being bombed in Europe was probably preferable to life in the slave states.

What did the Scots fight for England after the way Mel Gibson AKA William Wallace was treated by the English?

I guess no black men were killed at Pearl Harbor...and no black people were worried about the Japanese....in the 2nd world war we fought for our very existence as a nation...I doubt this public schooled nation could be rallied like that today and that is very sad....

People of Color in America enjoyed the same freedom as any other American during the 20th century. Black families flocked to industrial centers like Detroit during FDR's Great Depression and influenced the culture. On the other side of the pond the British empire raped India for it's resources for the majority of two hundred years and treated Indians like slaves and second class humans and yet Indian regiments numbered over two million for the British war effort in WW2 .

I guess no black men were killed at Pearl Harbor...and no black people were worried about the Japanese....in the 2nd world war we fought for our very existence as a nation...I doubt this public schooled nation could be rallied like that today and that is very sad....
How was our existence as a nation threatened during WWII

We could have sat the war out

Slavery ended in the 1860's and even if there were segregation in the South blacks were more free than in Nazi Germany or Stalin Russia!

Why do you even attempt that type of spin Tommy!?!
What they had was a long way short of freedom. What were they fighting for ?

Perhaps to stay out of jail, dumbass. They had the draft back then if you'll recall. You could either show up or get hauled off to prison.
I wish we had it today for everyone, effective immediately upon graduation from high school.

Say-Wut-S.png

Germany's goal during WWII was the elimination the Jewish religion., and America has plenty of adherents to Judaism. They would have come here sooner or later.

It's called the draft.

Say-Wut-S.png
You failed to answer the question...

We were under no threat of invasion during WWII. How was our existence threatened

Germany's goal during WWII was the elimination the Jewish religion., and America has plenty of adherents to Judaism. They would have come here sooner or later.

Germany was incapable of invading England a few miles across the English Channel. How would they have invaded the US three thousand miles away?

People of Color in America enjoyed the same freedom as any other American during the 20th century. Black families flocked to industrial centers like Detroit during FDR's Great Depression and influenced the culture. On the other side of the pond the British empire raped India for it's resources for the majority of two hundred years and treated Indians like slaves and second class humans and yet Indian regiments numbered over two million for the British war effort in WW2 .
Maybe you should read all the different Jim Crow laws in operation in the US up to the 60s. Whitey enjoyed freedom, other folk not so much.

Germany was incapable of invading England a few miles across the English Channel. How would they have invaded the US three thousand miles away?

Saying we should have stayed out of WW-II is a stupid statement.

How many ships were sunk along our East Coast by Nazi submarines?

How far is Hawaii from Japan?

Forum List

Back