Why did Black Folk fight for the US in the Second World War ?

I guess no black men were killed at Pearl Harbor...and no black people were worried about the Japanese....in the 2nd world war we fought for our very existence as a nation...I doubt this public schooled nation could be rallied like that today and that is very sad....
How was our existence as a nation threatened during WWII

We could have sat the war out

Germany's goal during WWII was the elimination the Jewish religion., and America has plenty of adherents to Judaism. They would have come here sooner or later.

Germany was incapable of invading England a few miles across the English Channel. How would they have invaded the US three thousand miles away?

Saying we should have stayed out of WW-II is a stupid statement.

How many ships were sunk along our East Coast by Nazi submarines?

How far is Hawaii from Japan?
I never said we should have stayed out of WWII. I just said claiming our very existence was threatened was overly dramatic and just plain stupid

Submarines can’t invade
Hawaii wasn’t invaded

Last edited:
People of Color in America enjoyed the same freedom as any other American during the 20th century. Black families flocked to industrial centers like Detroit during FDR's Great Depression and influenced the culture. On the other side of the pond the British empire raped India for it's resources for the majority of two hundred years and treated Indians like slaves and second class humans and yet Indian regiments numbered over two million for the British war effort in WW2 .
Maybe you should read all the different Jim Crow laws in operation in the US up to the 60s. Whitey enjoyed freedom, other folk not so much.

Tommy Tainant, our resident racist Troll, today is December 7, 2019 NOT December 7, 1941.

I guess no black men were killed at Pearl Harbor...and no black people were worried about the Japanese....in the 2nd world war we fought for our very existence as a nation...I doubt this public schooled nation could be rallied like that today and that is very sad....

Germany's goal during WWII was the elimination the Jewish religion., and America has plenty of adherents to Judaism. They would have come here sooner or later.

Germany was incapable of invading England a few miles across the English Channel. How would they have invaded the US three thousand miles away?

I never said we should have stayed out of WWII. I just said claiming our very existence was threatened was overly dramatic and just plain stupid

Submarines can’t invade

Ironic that you would post such nonsense on Pearl Harbor Day.

Submarines can’t invade

Ironic that you would post such nonsense on Pearl Harbor Day.
Refute what I say

People of Color in America enjoyed the same freedom as any other American during the 20th century...
Yup.

Martin Luther King thought exactly the same way as you do now.

I wonder why he made so much fuss of his "equal freedom" as the rest of Americans of his years and why then he was even assassinated.

It must be a typo in the news media of his days and in today's history books, because you can't be wrong with your words, yes sir, you can't be that wrong.

People of Color in America enjoyed the same freedom as any other American during the 20th century...
Yup.

I wonder why he made so much fuss of his "equal freedom" as the rest of Americans of his years and why then he was even assassinated.

It must be a typo in the news media of his days and in today's history books, because you can't be wrong with your words, yes sir, you can't be that wrong.
Blacks had the freedom to accept second class citizenship

Yup.

Always remember, and never forget, it was Archliberal Franklin D. Roosevelt who made the decision to deploy a Jim Crow Army during WWII. Conservatives like my old man, had no problem at all with soul brothers. My grandfather, a hardline conservative as well, always traded with and sold to paying customers regardless of their race.

Hitler had quite the belly laugh at FDR's hypocrisy about fighting a war against racism, using a racist army.

Yup.

Always remember, and never forget, it was Archliberal Franklin D. Roosevelt who made the decision to deploy a Jim Crow Army during WWII. Conservatives like my old man, had no problem at all with soul brothers. My grandfather, a hardline conservative as well, always traded with and sold to paying customers regardless of their race.

Hitler had quite the belly laugh at FDR's hypocrisy about fighting a war against racism, using a racist army.
He had little choice

Trying to integrate an Army in the middle of our largest global conflict was not going anywhere

It seems like an act of faith in something that didn't exist.

At home, the inherent racism of the US denied them the very "freedoms" they were dying for.

They fought in the First War and nothing really changed, they should have learned from that.

Having said that, being bombed in Europe was probably preferable to life in the slave states.

Did black people see their daily lives improve as a result of their sacrifice ?
very, very few fought in combat WW2--a lot were not in combat duties
. While African Americans on the frontlines in the war against Japan were few in number, the political and cultural significance of their service should not be discounted. The 24thInfantry Regiment and the 93rd Infantry Division were sent to combat zones in the Pacific in 1944. The U.S. was slow to send Black men into combat in the Pacific Theatre, believing that Black men were not good soldiers
I've been researching/reading WW2 for longer than you were alive
Race and Service in the Pacific During World War II – AAIHS
etc etc

Yup.

He had little choice

Trying to integrate an Army in the middle of our largest global conflict was not going anywhere

Actually you have it half ass backwards as per usual. It was actually the ideal time to integrate the US Army.

In 1938, before WW2 festivities started, America had only 180,000 men in the Army. By 1944, we had 8 million, a massive increase. Most of the guys, more 90% were unfamiliar with Army ways, and would have had no problem being immediately put into racially integrated units on Day One of their enlistment. It isn't like they were used to doing things in the former segregated way. Further, due to the sky high unemployment rate in America until Pearl Harbor, large numbers of young American men were just glad for the work. Remember how crushing FDR's economic policies were to this nation. Very few whites would have objected to working with African Americans, and few blacks would have raised a stink about working with the Honky.

very, very few fought in combat WW2--a lot were not in combat duties

I think that's accurate, as only 700 of the 400,000+ men who died during WW2 were blacks.

There were a lot of honky soldiers shoveling shit in Louisiana too, they all weren't marching with Patton in Europe.

There were a lot of black engineering units in the Army working on a highway that got built in arctic, that is still around.

Yup.

He had little choice

Actually you have it half ass backwards as per usual. It was actually the ideal time to integrate the US Army.

In 1938, before WW2 festivities started, America had only 180,000 men in the Army. By 1944, we had 8 million, a massive increase. Most of the guys, more 90% were unfamiliar with Army ways, and would have had no problem being immediately put into racially integrated units on Day One of their enlistment. It isn't like they were used to doing things in the former segregated way. Further, due to the sky high unemployment rate in America until Pearl Harbor, large numbers of young American men were just glad for the work. Remember how crushing FDR's economic policies were to this nation. Very few whites would have objected to working with African Americans, and few blacks would have raised a stink about working with the Honky.
Truman did not integrate the Armed Services until 1947. After WWII and before we got entangled in Korea

Very few whites would have objected to working with African Americans?
What country do you live in?

It seems like an act of faith in something that didn't exist.

At home, the inherent racism of the US denied them the very "freedoms" they were dying for.

They fought in the First War and nothing really changed, they should have learned from that.

Having said that, being bombed in Europe was probably preferable to life in the slave states.

Did black people see their daily lives improve as a result of their sacrifice ?

Slavery ended in the 1860's and even if there were segregation in the South blacks were more free than in Nazi Germany or Stalin Russia!

Why do you even attempt that type of spin Tommy!?!
What they had was a long way short of freedom. What were they fighting for ?
They were fighting so filth like you could grow up and allow muslims to take over your county, allow yourselves to be disarmed, and become trannys, faggots and pedophiles.

Yup.

He had little choice

Truman did not integrate the Armed Services until 1947. After WWII and before we got entangled in Korea

I live in America.

But my answer stands. Honkies didn't object a few years later in 1947, and it came off smooth as shit. Ditto in baseball, where Jackie Robinson became the first black baseball player in 1947. Honkies had no problem with boxing matches with Joe Louis as well during and before WW2.

And remember, a lot of guys were out of work, both white and black, when WW2 started. They really needed the work

He had little choice

I live in America.

But my answer stands. Honkies didn't object a few years later in 1947, and it came off smooth as shit. Ditto in baseball, where Jackie Robinson became the first black baseball player in 1947. Honkies had no problem with boxing matches with Joe Louis as well during and before WW2.

And remember, a lot of guys were out of work, both white and black, when WW2 started. They really needed the work
You have read nothing about Jackie Robinson have you?

Forum List

Back