Why Co2 Can Not Cause Further Warming...

jc, why don't you show you're not a brainless parrot and explain these things in your own words?

Oh, that's right, you can't. You have no idea of what the things you paste mean.

Carry on. You know, find some more things to paste that you don't understand. After all, your cult said it was good science, and what more do you need?

jc, why don't you show you're not a brainless parrot and explain these things in your own words?

Oh, that's right, you can't. You have no idea of what the things you paste mean.

Carry on. You know, find some more things to paste that you don't understand. After all, your cult said it was good science, and what more do you need?
What is it you'd like me to say? you should already know that I don't believe that CO2 drives temperatures. I have asked for and never received an experiment that shows 120 PPM of CO2 does drive temperatures. And dude/dudette, you still haven't. blundeball did, he actually presented the experiment done by Herr Koch in 1901 that shows that once CO2 reaches a limit, adding additional CO2 does nothing to temperatures. It is only the first 20 PPM that is of significance.
So I'm sure you have evidence that there are not assumptions made to model the material in the IPCC AR4 and AR5 reports. And that observed temperatures did not line up with these reports.

So then you all think that I have no idea what is happening, well I know more than you. I know that using assumptions in models without experimenting leaves one only to observe. And when observed doesn't match the model, the model is wrong. PERIOD!!!!

Most everything you support has been shown as false, and I am one who has provided some of that material. You want something from me, you just ask, but don't think you are smarter than me. You ain't!!!!

Oh.....WiNNiNg :2up::2up:

jc, you just keep getting more incoherent.

And yes, I am smarter than you, though not necessarily because I'm so brilliant. It's just hard not to be smarter than most deniers. Even my cat is smarter than you, and she has a brain the size of a walnut. At least she doesn't pretend to understand stuff that she doesn't understand.

And yes, I am smarter than you, though not necessarily because I'm so brilliant. It's just hard not to be smarter than most deniers. Even my cat is smarter than you, and she has a brain the size of a walnut. At least she doesn't pretend to understand stuff that she doesn't understand.
she's near you and that is a loss right there.

And you lost, the experiment is there, the one that you didn't think anyone had. It's there for all to see now. that 120 PPM of CO2 does nothing to the temperature.

If you feel you're in error, take a moment and apologize for your lack of knowedge on the subject.

You are not even smarter than the idiot cat you have as your avatar....tell me hairball....what does the fact that more than 70% of the earth's surface is a poor absorber of the peak wavelengths emitted by CO2 do to the AGW hypothesis...and the greenhouse hypothesis as well? You are not smart...you are the one who fell for a dying hoax.

You are not even smarter than the idiot cat you have as your avatar....tell me hairball....what does the fact that more than 70% of the earth's surface is a poor absorber of the peak wavelengths emitted by CO2 do to the AGW hypothesis...

Since liquid water has essentially zero reflectance of longwave IR, it means you're just babbling nonsense. The oceans absorb all the longwave IR hitting them.

You are not even smarter than the idiot cat you have as your avatar....tell me hairball....what does the fact that more than 70% of the earth's surface is a poor absorber of the peak wavelengths emitted by CO2 do to the AGW hypothesis...

Since liquid water has essentially zero reflectance of longwave IR, it means you're just babbling nonsense. The oceans absorb all the longwave IR hitting them.

Sorry hairball, but you are wrong.

far%2Binfrared%2Bsurface%2Bemissivity%2Band%2Bclimate.png

The oceans have very low emissivity in the peak wavelengths of CO2....low emissivity = low absorptivity....or are you denying this physical law as well?

I'm pointing out that you don't understand the difference between reflectivity and absorptivity. They are not fractions that add up to 1, they are independent of each other. That's your fundamental error here.

Liquid water has zero reflectance in the far IR. That means liquid water absorbs 100% in the far IR, provided that there's more than a millimeter of it.

Absorptivity has nothing to do with that. Absorptivity describes how far radiation penetrates before being absorbed. There's no question that it's getting absorbed, since it wasn't reflected.

I'm pointing out that you don't understand the difference between reflectivity and absorptivity. They are not fractions that add up to 1, they are independent of each other. That's your fundamental error here.

Liquid water has zero reflectance in the far IR. That means liquid water absorbs 100% in the far IR, provided that there's more than a millimeter of it.

Absorptivity has nothing to do with that. Absorptivity describes how far radiation penetrates before being absorbed. There's no question that it's getting absorbed, since it wasn't reflected.

You have no concept of the issue...

Give it up..

Since we had the CMA's tonight, I'd like to post my favorite country song,"OdeTo Billy Bob"

It was the third of June, another scorching hot Michigan day
Seawater's in the house, me 'n brother was bailin' away
And at dinner time we stopped and walked out of the house to eat
And Mama hollered out the back door "y'all remember to dry your feet"

And then she said "I got some news this mornin' from Maple Ridge"
"Today Billy Bob the Scientist jumped off the Mackinac Bridge"

'n' Papa said to Mama as he passed around the blackeyed peas
"Well Billy Bob never had a lick of sense, pass the biscuits, please"
"There's five more acres in the lower forty under water now"
'n' Mama said it was shame about Billy Bob, anyhow

Seems like nothin' ever comes to no good up on Maple Ridge
And now Billy Bob the Scientist jumped off the Mackinac Bridge

'n' Brother said he recollected when he and Tom and Billy Bob
Put a frog in boiling water at the Junior High science lab
And wasn't I talkin' to him at college last Friday night?
"I'll have another piece-a soybean pie, you know it don't seem right"

"I saw him at the desalination plant yesterday on Maple Ridge"
"And now ya tell me Billie Bob's jumped off the Mackinac Bridge"
'n' Mama said to me "Child, what's happened to your appetite?"
"I've been cookin' all morning and you haven't touched a single bite"

"That nice young preacher, Brother Taylor, rowed over today"
"Said he'd be pleased to have dinner on Sunday, oh, by the way"
"He said he saw a girl that looked a lot like you up on Maple Ridge"
"And she and Billy Bob was throwin'
somethin' off the Mackinac Bridge"

A year has come 'n' gone since we heard the news 'bout Billy Bob
Me 'n' brother moved upstairs, now the water's up to the doo' knob
There was malaria going 'round, Papa caught it and he died last Spring
And now Mama doesn't seem to wanna do much of anything

And me, I spend a lot of time dumpin' WUWT files on Maple Ridge
And drop them into the steamy water off the Mackinac Bridge

Give it up..

Then why don't you explain it to us?

Give it up..

Then why don't you explain it to us?

How much does it matter how far radiation can penetrate a substance (and in this case we are talking about less than 10 microns) if the substance can not absorb the radiation...or is a far poorer absorber of the radiation than previously thought?

If light penetrates a finite distance into matter, it is being absorbed. There is no other option.

Reflection
Transmission
Absorption

That's the end of the list on the receiving side.

If light penetrates a finite distance into matter, it is being absorbed. There is no other option.

Reflection
Transmission
Absorption

So are you saying that sea water is a poor emitter of far IR while claiming that it is a fine absorber of far IR?

Reflection
Transmission
Absorption

So are you saying that sea water is a poor emitter of far IR while claiming that it is a fine absorber of far IR?

Sea water is not a fine absorber of IR.... Particulate matter will not allow deep penetration or absorption.

Since we had the CMA's tonight, I'd like to post my favorite country song,"OdeTo Billy Bob"

IM-PO-TANT...

Mean's best part of you ran down daddies leg..

IM-PO-TANT...

Mean's best part of you ran down daddies leg..
You misspelled OM-NI-PO-TENT ! :)

Yep. That's what the science says, and it's what the measurements verify.

You still fail at understanding what absorptivity means. I'll try helping you out one more time.

Absorptivity does not affect whether radiation is absorbed. It only specifies the distance traveled before being absorbed. Radiation that isn't reflected is always absorbed completely when passing through matter, given enough distance and density.

In liquid water, that distance for far IR is in the range of microns.

In iron, that distance would be more likely in the range of nanometers.

Therefore, water has a low absorptivity when compared to iron, or when compared with most other substances that we think of as being opaque. And it doesn't matter. All of the far IR that isn't reflected -- that is, around 97% -- is still completely absorbed by the water.

If you're going to claim it isn't absorbed, you have to explain where the energy went. Conservation of energy must hold. If your physics defies conservation of energy, then your physics is actually a cult superstition.

Yep. That's what the science says, and it's what the measurements verify.

You still fail at understanding what absorptivity means. I'll try helping you out one more time.

Absorptivity does not affect whether radiation is absorbed. It only specifies the distance traveled before being absorbed. Radiation that isn't reflected is always absorbed completely when passing through matter, given enough distance and density.

In liquid water, that distance for far IR is in the range of microns.

In iron, that distance would be more likely in the range of nanometers.

Therefore, water has a low absorptivity when compared to iron, or when compared with most other substances that we think of as being opaque. And it doesn't matter. All of the far IR that isn't reflected -- that is, around 97% -- is still completely absorbed by the water.

If you're going to claim it isn't absorbed, you have to explain where the energy went. Conservation of energy must hold. If your physics defies conservation of energy, then your physics is actually a cult superstition.
But that isn't what the science says!!!!!

Forum List

Back