Why Can’t A Daca Bill Sail Through Congress?

I'm not convinced we need to end the lottery. How about we quit talking about END to something and readjust proportions - increase merit based, decrease lottery.
Fuck lottery. Merit-based ONLY. Immigration should be used to improve America and for no other reason.

No citizenship. Ever. They are permanently banned from citizenship, by any means.

The bad behavior of their shithole parents CANNOT be rewarded.

Ah. So punish the kids for the actions of their parents. The rightwing mantra.

It's not punishment. Children cannot profit from the crimes of a parent.

It is a punishment. Whitewashing that will not change it.

If you don't like it, change the law.

Nah on Democratic territory, cause they’d give them everything so when they could vote it would be for them.
I would alter the citizenship issue to include the requirement that they would not be able to vote for the first two election cycles (4-year cycle) and that they have to be located in area's well controlled by Democrats.
This is what I mean. DACA recipients cannot be used to alter a state's vote. If a district is republican, but only barely, then bringing in DACA democrat loyalists must be prevented.

Otherwise, no citizenship at all.

I'm tired of robbing Peter so that the Democrats can count on Paul's loyalty.

I'm not convinced on the end to chain migration. Families are stabilizing elements in a society and having family members there to support an immigrant through the transition to American life is a good thing.
Nope.

The whole fucking point of DACA is keeping these kids from going to a place they don’t know.

If keeping families together is the goal, they should stay with their family in their home country. That goal can be achieved in their home shithole. No need for them to ALL move here.

Stay or go, but your family can GTFO. You want to allow these kids to stay because it was not their fault, fine, but wrongdoers and those not already here letally can fuck off.
Yep. They can fuck all the way off! The children can stay if granted citizenship, but the parents cannot, or they can leave with the parents.

I am not convinced on the pathway to citizenship issue. Why is it necessary?

I'm not convinced on the end to chain migration. Families are stabilizing elements in a society and having family members there to support an immigrant through the transition to American life is a good thing.

I'm not convinced we need to end the lottery. How about we quit talking about END to something and readjust proportions - increase merit based, decrease lottery.

Wall schmall - I support increasing border security.

Do you have a whole bunch of family members that you want to bring in from another country?

I understand many of your concerns. But in order to get something done there is going to have to be give on every side. Do you want a wall or any of the other things. The key will be to stop any future illegal immigration. Not solving the problem will make the problem worse in the future. Strategy is important and letting Daca fester will not improve republican political standing. Think of the big picture, a Daca solution under trump would be a huge blow to democrats.

What sudden need is there to rush to "get something done"? The Democrats had their chance in 2009-2010 and did nothing. Now it's eight years later and they're whining. Now why is that?

Technically, the Republicans could have the wall funded now and kick DACA to the curb. You do realize that?

This is what I mean. DACA recipients cannot be used to alter a state's vote. If a district is republican, but only barely, then bringing in DACA democrat loyalists must be prevented.

Otherwise, no citizenship at all.

I'm tired of robbing Peter so that the Democrats can count on Paul's loyalty.

That is exactly what has happened in Va. That and legalizing felons to vote by Bill's wife's buddy...

The average age of the "children" in DACA is 18 to 24. They are ADULTS, and the dems are SLATHERING over legalizing them so they can VOTE, and it isn't just 700,000 of them, it's more like 3.6 MILLION, and then add on their relatives through chain migration and all of a sudden we're talking more like AMNESTY the dems want for almost 11 MILLION illegal aliens... nice padding for their VOTES, and make no mistake, VOTES is what the dems are after...

Leaked Memo: DACA Amnesty Is 'Critical Component of Democratic Party's Future Electoral Success'

Why Dems Cannot Pass Legislation:
2010: "Dems didn't get single payer. Let's not vote."
2012: "Obama is too moderate. Not voting."
2014: "Meh. It's just midterms. No need to vote."
2016: "Hillary didn't EXCITE ME, voting third party."
2018: "Why can't Dems pass DACA??!?!?!"

Sure... let the DACA illegals stay, but NEVER give them the right to VOTE... NEVER. ONLY immigrants that entered America LEGALLY should be given the right to vote. If they do want to vote, then they should be required to LEAVE the USA and come back in LEGALLY and go through the LEGAL process of becoming an American citizen like all the rest, period.

Didn't Trump insist Mexico will pay for the wall? Why everyone is asking for the rest of us to pay for it?

But, but, but their... dreamers

Dreamers.jpg

Funny thing is - chain migration wasn't even a pejorative until TRUMP made it one. Now suddenly everyone thinks it's "BAD" without even looking closely at what it is.

A bit of history...

Family ties drive U.S. immigration. Why Trump wants to break the ‘chains.’

Liberals in Congress wanted to scrap the restrictive quota-based system that had governed U.S. immigration policy for decades. Conservatives feared that America’s ethnic and racial composition would be forever transformed.

So in 1965 they compromised: an immigration model that would favor “family unification.” By giving priority to the relatives of U.S. citizens, who were mostly of white, European descent, the Immigration and Nationality Act would ensure that future newcomers were overwhelmingly white and European, too.

It did not work out that way. But although the family unification model went on to enjoy broad support as a source of economic and social stability for immigrants, under President Trump it has earned a pejorative label as the enabler of “chain migration.”

The article goes on to point out:
Trump has endorsed a bill sponsored by Sen. David Perdue (R-Ga.) and Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) called the RAISE Act, which would limit visa sponsorship to spouses and minor children of U.S. citizens while implementing a Canadian-style point-based merit system to prioritize skilled workers.

But of the nearly 1.2 million green cards issued during the government’s 2016 fiscal year, only about 240,000 went to the type of extended-family visa categories that the legislation would eliminate.

So this "horrible" chain migration effectively only brings in 240,000 people :dunno:

AND

They also point out that the diagrams often used to attack “chain migration” — showing a single immigrant bringing dozens of relatives to the United States — hardly reflect the reality of a system that does not move fast enough to allow exponential visa-sponsoring of this sort.

Under the family unification model, U.S. citizens and some legal residents can bring their spouses and minor children relatively easily. But other categories of family members take far longer. An American citizen trying to sponsor a brother or sister from Mexico or the Philippines faces wait times of 20 years or more, because the number of visas that can be issued in the sibling category has an annual cap.

So perhaps we ought to stop the fear mongering over this and not let it impede much needed legislative fixes for immigration. Chain migration is simply not a real problem.

That is a non starter coyote and that is exactly why we have illegal immigration. Send the kid up and when he or she gets in we can call the whole family. Cmon,get real. And republicans have talked of a nuclear family being allowed, not an extended family. Your opinion is basically open the doors and let everyone in. That must stop.

Adjustments avoid hard decisions. Trump makes hard decisions. That's why he's president and she isn't.

Forum List

Back