Why Can’t A Daca Bill Sail Through Congress?

Didn't Trump insist Mexico will pay for the wall? Why everyone is asking for the rest of us to pay for it?
I agree.

We need to invade, kick the fuck out of that shithole, take their money/gold/oil/whatever, and leave that shithole burning.

We aagree on something.
:beer:

I am not convinced on the pathway to citizenship issue. Why is it necessary?

I'm not convinced on the end to chain migration. Families are stabilizing elements in a society and having family members there to support an immigrant through the transition to American life is a good thing.

I'm not convinced we need to end the lottery. How about we quit talking about END to something and readjust proportions - increase merit based, decrease lottery.

Wall schmall - I support increasing border security.
Adjustments avoid hard decisions. Trump makes hard decisions. That's why he's president and she isn't.

He doesn't make hard decisions. He makes stupid ones based on his feelings of the moment.

But, but, but their... dreamers

Dreamers.jpg
Ya... democrats call legal American citizens "DEPLORABLES" and illegal aliens "DREAMERS."

Tells you everything you need to know about the democrat party right there.

I'm not convinced on the end to chain migration. Families are stabilizing elements in a society and having family members there to support an immigrant through the transition to American life is a good thing.

I'm not convinced we need to end the lottery. How about we quit talking about END to something and readjust proportions - increase merit based, decrease lottery.

That is a non starter coyote and that is exactly why we have illegal immigration. Send the kid up and when he or she gets in we can call the whole family. Cmon,get real. And republicans have talked of a nuclear family being allowed, not an extended family. Your opinion is basically open the doors and let everyone in. That must stop.

Yes. Let's get real. That's not the way it works in Real Life.

Ok, lets clear out all the noise and partisanship. The Daca bill has been easily described as four pillars.

End to chain migration
End to lottery
The wall
Pathway to citizenship for dreamers

So fund the 20 billion for wall and security and pass the thing. I would vote for this in a heartbeat. It is a reasonable compromise. I would wager a hundred dollars that if this deal was presented to Americans for a vote it would pass by a super majority. Bring this bill in this simple form to the floor and vote on it. This is not rocket science. I can’t believe that even some of our libs would not support this. Get er done!

That would end the Dim's supply of new Democrat voters, so they will never go for it.

Do you have a whole bunch of family members that you want to bring in from another country?

No, and even if I did - I couldn't. It simply doesn't work that way.

Ok, lets clear out all the noise and partisanship. The Daca bill has been easily described as four pillars.

End to chain migration
End to lottery
The wall

So fund the 20 billion for wall and security and pass the thing. I would vote for this in a heartbeat. It is a reasonable compromise. I would wager a hundred dollars that if this deal was presented to Americans for a vote it would pass by a super majority. Bring this bill in this simple form to the floor and vote on it. This is not rocket science. I can’t believe that even some of our libs would not support this. Get er done!

The thing of it is, the far left wants open boarders and chain migration and has taken a hard line stand on it.
That is exactly why they can't get it passed.

The far right has taken a hard line stand on DACA and insist on ending family reunification and the lottery. What's with that? That might be another reason it can't get passed.
Why should you get a visa because your nephew got a green card through amnesty?

Not going to happen.

Fuck lottery. Merit-based ONLY. Immigration should be used to improve America and for no other reason.

Who do you think comes in via the lottery? A one in a million chance at a better life: will the US green card lottery survive?

If it was strictly merit you'd be seeing a lot of Indians and Chinese coming in and then you'd be screaming about the end of the white race in America.

I just don’t see how this can get done.

Forget it.

Kick those DACA bastards the fuck out.

It is the only path forward without all the bullshit the commie left will try to pile on.

Citzenship (not necessary)

Chain-migration

Shithole lottery.

Nightmares too (“Dreamers)

Bye, illegal brats.

Allowing Dreamers legal status simply encourages more of the same behavior from others. Better to be firm and wake them up now.

I can't imagine DACA getting through the House. I think this fall's election will be a referendum on this issue when we decide whether to keep or boot our representative.

End to chain migration
End to lottery
The wall

The thing of it is, the far left wants open boarders and chain migration and has taken a hard line stand on it.
That is exactly why they can't get it passed.

The far right has taken a hard line stand on DACA and insist on ending family reunification and the lottery. What's with that? That might be another reason it can't get passed.
Why should you get a visa because your nephew got a green card through amnesty?

Not going to happen.

It doesn't exactly work that easily. Beyond immediate family (spouse and minor children) - it can take years to get a visa for other family members, so the impression you are giving that they bring in dozens and hundreds of remote relatives as soon as they get their green card is false.

End to chain migration
End to lottery
The wall

Chucky Schumer backed out on the Wall deal.

So basically we're back to square one and Schumer lying about Trump.

Democrats need issues to bitch about.....they don't want to give up their favorite issue.

Forum List

Back