Why blacks don't like Ben Carson and don't vote Republican

What more do blacks want us liberals to go along with? We went along with affirmative action and quotas to make sure companies were hiring minorities. Black people didn't win the right to vote without us. Then Republicans blame us liberals for the mess and we know it was them who brought poverty to black communities which then led to crime and drugs. We get all that! Now what? While we wait for rich white Republicans to move their companies to your local hood. What can you do to better your situation? White Republicans are right. Fatherlessness is your problem. Statistically it's linked to crime and poverty. Fact. You need to stop that. Republicans are going to make cuts to programs that help these people. Let's see if there's no difference

How exactly did republicans bring poverty to black communities? Mind you. I'm not a republican but you say it like they shipped poverty in by special delivery or something.

I'm talking about conservatives. Remember they pushed NAFTA? That's one small example of how "republicans" sent their jobs away. It certainly wasn't us liberals because we've been preaching for years that what the hood needs is jobs. And we insisted that companies hire blacks. Affirmative Action.

And I remember all the whites who lived in my Detroit neighborhood in the 1970's. They left when the blacks moved in. Ever hear of white flight?

And when white companies won't hire black people and that is obvious, but Republicans insist there is not a problem, it's not what policies they passed that cause problems, it's their inaction.

Anyways, I've been arguing that blacks need to fix this themselves. And I think they are doing things that keep themselves in poverty and prison. But one black guy I'm arguing seems to disagree with me that the black community even has a problem. He says us whites have more of a problem than they do. If that's true, what's the problem?

Black people only represent 13.3 percent of the U.S. population while white people make up about 77 percent. But there are more black men in state prisons across the nation than there are white men.

The latest Federal Bureau of Prisons statistics showed the white population was 58.7 percent in August, compared to the 37.8 percent of blacks being housed at federal institutions. At the state level, however, the department said that black male prisoners represent 38 percent of the population while whites males account for 35 percent and 21 percent are Hispanic males. Overall, blacks are 5.1 more times likely to be incarcerated than whites, and blacks represent more than half of the prison population in 11 states.

Don't forget blacks only make up 13% of the population. Now I may entertain the idea that it is our racism that is putting so many more blacks in prison than whites. A white judge may go easier on a white defendant. That might be true. But the fact is there are more blacks in prison. Or there are are way too over represented based on what percent of the population they make up. Am I wrong IM2?

Blacks need to stop saying that whites commit more crime than blacks. No shit! Blacks are 13% of the population. Lets say whites make up 55% of the population. No shit whites commit more crimes. They better!

Black say "white men account for 69% of violent crimes." According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, white men were arrested for 60 percent of all violent crimes in 2012. When you say 69 percent of arrests for violent crimes were white males, you’re leaving out the population factor. You can't talk about risk without talking about population size. There are many more whites than blacks so it makes sense that the number of crimes for whites should be higher. Using the homicide count whites and blacks were arrested in about equal numbers. But cast as a rate, black men were about seven times more likely than white men to be arrested for murder. That would be a rate of 33 murders for every 100,000 black men, compared to 4.7 for every 100,000 whites.

Whites were arrested for over 275,000 violent crimes. For blacks, the number is about 170,000. So while whites were arrested more, the arrest rate for blacks is nearly four times that for whites.

If one only considers the absolute number of offenders and it turns out there are a larger number of whites than blacks then it stands to reason that whites would commit more crimes and you’re more likely to be a victim of a white perpetrator than a black one just because there are so many more whites in the population. But when talking about risks to society, it is equally important to provide the population-based rate. When we do that, the threat of violent crimes posed by blacks is larger than that of whites.

What more do blacks want us liberals to go along with? We went along with affirmative action and quotas to make sure companies were hiring minorities. Black people didn't win the right to vote without us. Then Republicans blame us liberals for the mess and we know it was them who brought poverty to black communities which then led to crime and drugs. We get all that! Now what? While we wait for rich white Republicans to move their companies to your local hood. What can you do to better your situation? White Republicans are right. Fatherlessness is your problem. Statistically it's linked to crime and poverty. Fact. You need to stop that. Republicans are going to make cuts to programs that help these people. Let's see if there's no difference

How exactly did republicans bring poverty to black communities? Mind you. I'm not a republican but you say it like they shipped poverty in by special delivery or something.

I'm talking about conservatives. Remember they pushed NAFTA? That's one small example of how "republicans" sent their jobs away. It certainly wasn't us liberals because we've been preaching for years that what the hood needs is jobs. And we insisted that companies hire blacks. Affirmative Action.

And I remember all the whites who lived in my Detroit neighborhood in the 1970's. They left when the blacks moved in. Ever hear of white flight?

And when white companies won't hire black people and that is obvious, but Republicans insist there is not a problem, it's not what policies they passed that cause problems, it's their inaction.

Anyways, I've been arguing that blacks need to fix this themselves. And I think they are doing things that keep themselves in poverty and prison. But one black guy I'm arguing seems to disagree with me that the black community even has a problem. He says us whites have more of a problem than they do. If that's true, what's the problem?

Black people only represent 13.3 percent of the U.S. population while white people make up about 77 percent. But there are more black men in state prisons across the nation than there are white men.

The latest Federal Bureau of Prisons statistics showed the white population was 58.7 percent in August, compared to the 37.8 percent of blacks being housed at federal institutions. At the state level, however, the department said that black male prisoners represent 38 percent of the population while whites males account for 35 percent and 21 percent are Hispanic males. Overall, blacks are 5.1 more times likely to be incarcerated than whites, and blacks represent more than half of the prison population in 11 states.

Don't forget blacks only make up 13% of the population. Now I may entertain the idea that it is our racism that is putting so many more blacks in prison than whites. A white judge may go easier on a white defendant. That might be true. But the fact is there are more blacks in prison. Or there are are way too over represented based on what percent of the population they make up. Am I wrong IM2?

Without bill clinton, nafta would not have been pushed through, remember? If not, do some reading on the subject. Now in the debates when clinton was running against bush sr. , he said he was against the companies going to low wage countries. As prez, he pushed nafta through with a vengeance. He twisted arms and bribed democrats or whatever it took to get that trade giveaway become law. He didn't have to go to work on the republicans since they were all for anything that would drive down wages. Clinton went on to push lots more internationalist type agreements, wto, mfn etc. No, demorats aren't for the working stiff anymore and republicans never were to begin with.

Without bill clinton, nafta would not have been pushed through, remember? If not, do some reading on the subject. Now in the debates when clinton was running against bush sr. , he said he was against the companies going to low wage countries. As prez, he pushed nafta through with a vengeance. He twisted arms and bribed democrats or whatever it took to get that trade giveaway become law. He didn't have to go to work on the republicans since they were all for anything that would drive down wages. Clinton went on to push lots more internationalist type agreements, wto, mfn etc. No, demorats aren't for the working stiff anymore and republicans never were to begin with.
Now you're lying. Look it up. Bush 1 already drafted it. All bill had to do was sign it. Not one Republican voted against it. Look it up.

And Clinton put protections in for American workers. And the environment. Bush Chaney delay Dennis hastert removed them. Will Trump Ryan McConnell fix NAFTA? Fuck no

Blacks need to stop saying that whites commit more crime than blacks. No shit! Blacks are 13% of the population. Lets say whites make up 55% of the population. No shit whites commit more crimes. They better!

Black say "white men account for 69% of violent crimes." According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, white men were arrested for 60 percent of all violent crimes in 2012. When you say 69 percent of arrests for violent crimes were white males, you’re leaving out the population factor. You can't talk about risk without talking about population size. There are many more whites than blacks so it makes sense that the number of crimes for whites should be higher. Using the homicide count whites and blacks were arrested in about equal numbers. But cast as a rate, black men were about seven times more likely than white men to be arrested for murder. That would be a rate of 33 murders for every 100,000 black men, compared to 4.7 for every 100,000 whites.

Whites were arrested for over 275,000 violent crimes. For blacks, the number is about 170,000. So while whites were arrested more, the arrest rate for blacks is nearly four times that for whites.

If one only considers the absolute number of offenders and it turns out there are a larger number of whites than blacks then it stands to reason that whites would commit more crimes and you’re more likely to be a victim of a white perpetrator than a black one just because there are so many more whites in the population. But when talking about risks to society, it is equally important to provide the population-based rate. When we do that, the threat of violent crimes posed by blacks is larger than that of whites.

You were shown how bogus this argument is son. By percentage of their population more whites were arrested than blacks. I believe that 7.5 percent of the white population was arrested according to table 43 of the UCR in the latest information I have seen which was 2015, while 5.5 percent of the black population was arrested. This shoots your lie down and validates my saying that whites commit more crimes. That's just the way it is and if anything whites need to stop making excuses for their high crime rates by building strawmen using funky math.

Yes you are wrong. Every word you post is wrong. You need to shut the fuck up.

I know what the problem is in our community and the root cause that created it. Do you?

No. This is apparent in these and other postings you have made.

For example:

The absent black father myth—debunked by CDC

Although black fathers are more likely to live separately from their children—the statistic that’s usually trotted out to prove the parenting “crisis”—many of them remain just as involved in their kids’ lives. Pew estimates that 67 percent of black dads who don’t live with their kids see them at least once a month, compared to 59 percent of white dads and just 32 percent of Hispanic dads.

You were shown how bogus this argument is son. By percentage of their population more whites were arrested than blacks. I believe that 7.5 percent of the white population was arrested according to table 43 of the UCR in the latest information I have seen which was 2015, while 5.5 percent of the black population was arrested. This shoots your lie down and validates my saying that whites commit more crimes. That's just the way it is and if anything whites need to stop making excuses for their high crime rates by building strawmen using funky math.

Why do you refuse to address the differences? All crimes or violent crimes? And you are only 13% of the population.

So I'm not disagreeing with you that 80% of the population commits more crime than your 13%. That is correct. We do. But there are so many more of us. Of course we commit more crime. We aren't perfect.

And to be honest, the same reasons your community has such a big problem is the same in ours. Fatherlessness.

72 Percent Of Black Kids Raised By Single Parent, 25% Overall In U.S.

In the African American community, 72 percent of Black children are raised in a single parent household.

You have claimed two things. 1, that this isn't true and then you've also said this isn't a problem. You are flat out wrong. Go ask every prisoner in prison where their father was when they were growing up. You'll see most of them didn't have fathers. And no it's not the same to be a father on weekends. Kids get away with murder when there aren't two parents around. You are making excuses. And this is coming from a liberal. Imagine how Republicans and conservatives would think about your bs.

Would someone back me up here? This guy doesn't think the black community has disproportionately high crime rates. He's comparing 13% of the population to all white and he's including shoplifting. He's trying to suggest that black communities aren't more violent. That because more whites murder that means whites are more of a threat. Totally ignoring that there are soooo many more whites in this country than blacks. And it isn't even apples to apples. The danger that is in Detroit is different than what happened at Sandy Hook.

So black people either deny their communities are more violent, or when confronted with the facts say it's because whites made them crazy. They are crazy because whites gave them ptsd. Which is it? Are you guys less violent and fucked up or do you have ptsd because of hundreds of years of us traumatizing you.

Oh, and you suggest black people have PTSD because of white racism. I think it's because they are seeing black on black crime every day. This is from the stories I hear black people tell. You calling them liars that their neighborhoods aren't the most dangerous?

You deny this information? Forbes Welcome

Now it's time for you whites here to learn another lesson. Blacks don't like Ben Carson. Why? Because he's stupid. Not because he's successful, but because he is stupid. We say he is a sellout. Not because he is successful, but because he throws blacks under the bus for his own financial gain.

But this guys says it better.

Yeah...you would rather admire and support charlatans like Al Sharpton and Jesse "Deep Pockets" Jackson. As well as an elitist/corporatist like Obama who did nothing for the black race, in fact of course every single demographic is worse now, before Obama.
or perhaps you like a convicted felon like Ray Nagen who turned New Orleans into his own ATM and bailed town when Katrina hit. Or perhaps an insane nut like Maxine Waters...

I know what the problem is in our community and the root cause that created it. Do you?

For example:

Although black fathers are more likely to live separately from their children—the statistic that’s usually trotted out to prove the parenting “crisis”—many of them remain just as involved in their kids’ lives. Pew estimates that 67 percent of black dads who don’t live with their kids see them at least once a month, compared to 59 percent of white dads and just 32 percent of Hispanic dads.

A. Good job seeing your kid once a month. Not good enough. Not even close. It takes two full time parents. Statistically I'm right. You can show me exceptions but it's not the norm. This is where bad citizens are coming from. Under achievers.

B. White kids who don't have fathers have it a lot easier than black kids. You must admit that. Their friends usually have fathers and there isn't the criminal element in their neighborhoods to get caught up in like gangs. So I'm not saying whites don't do this or that it's not a problem for those kids too. It is. I'm telling you this is something poor people black or white have to stop doing in order to get out of poverty. I have a family member who had a kid too early, so did her kid, so did he and now we are hoping his daughter doesn't repeat the cycle. Don't blame the government or white people because you are stuck on stupid.

"In 1960, most black children were raised in two-parent, monogamous families." Today "we have only 20 percent of black children being raised in two-parent, monogamous families..."

For example:

And I'm a liberal who wants to see your side of this. I just don't. I'm trying. I even think about this/you when I'm walking my dog at night. I'm still listening and keeping an open mind. You haven't convinced me yet and if you can't convince a liberal good luck with the rest of America.

I saw this Study finds higher expulsion rates for black students in South

You'll say it's because racist white run school are expelling black kids for things they wouldn't expel a white kid for. I could agree with that or see that point of view. Sorry, I got distracted when I found this link. I'm trying to find a link that explains

https://www.criminallawandjustice.co.uk/features/Link-Between-Poverty-and-Crime

The Real Root Causes of Violent Crime: The Breakdown of Marriage, Family, and Community

And then I've even heard black people say that it was white people who broke up the black families. But you aren't making that argument. You're trying to suggest the black family is just fine and theres nothing wrong with a dad seeing his kid once a month. Stuck on stupid.

For example:

And I'm a liberal who wants to see your side of this. I just don't. I'm trying. I even think about this/you when I'm walking my dog at night. I'm still listening and keeping an open mind. You haven't convinced me yet and if you can't convince a liberal good luck with the rest of America.

You'll say it's because racist white run school are expelling black kids for things they wouldn't expel a white kid for. I could agree with that or see that point of view. Sorry, I got distracted when I found this link. I'm trying to find a link that explains

The Real Root Causes of Violent Crime: The Breakdown of Marriage, Family, and Community

And then I've even heard black people say that it was white people who broke up the black families. But you aren't making that argument. You're trying to suggest the black family is just fine and theres nothing wrong with a dad seeing his kid once a month. Stuck on stupid.

I am not worried with convincing you. I know I am right. Whether you want to understand the truth is not my problem.

Citing heritage foundation bullshit is simply not the way to go in this discussion.

For example:

If you are going to deny the obvious and make two different contradicting arguments depending on the facts presented to you, it's going to be hard to take you seriously. This is why I've stopped telling conservatives they are wrong. They may be wrong but so are you. You aren't as wrong as them and you are right about them but you are wrong about your own community. Sorry. And this is coming from a liberal.

Policymakers at last are coming to recognize the connection between the breakdown of American families and various social problems. The unfolding debate over welfare reform, for instance, has been shaped by the wide acceptance in recent years that children born into single-parent families are much more likely than children of intact families to fall into poverty and welfare dependence themselves in later years. These children, in fact, face a daunting array of problems

the link between illegitimacy and violent crime and between the lack of parental attachment and violent crime. Without an understanding of the root causes of criminal behavior -- how criminals are formed -- Members of Congress and state legislators cannot understand why whole sectors of society, particularly in urban areas, are being torn apart by crime. And without that knowledge, sound policymaking is impossible.

And I hate the heritage foundation but they can't be 100% wrong all the time.

• Over the past thirty years, the rise in violent crime parallels the rise in families abandoned by fathers.
  • High-crime neighborhoods are characterized by high concentrations of families abandoned by fathers.
  • State-by-state analysis by Heritage scholars indicates that a 10 percent increase in the percentage of children living in single-parent homes leads typically to a 17 percent increase in juvenile crime.
  • The rate of violent teenage crime corresponds with the number of families abandoned by fathers.
  • The type of aggression and hostility demonstrated by a future criminal often is foreshadowed in unusual aggressiveness as early as age five or six.
  • The future criminal tends to be an individual rejected by other children as early as the first grade who goes on to form his own group of friends, often the future delinquent gang.
On the other hand:

• Neighborhoods with a high degree of religious practice are not high-crime neighborhoods.
  • Even in high-crime inner-city neighborhoods, well over 90 percent of children from safe, stable homes do not become delinquents. By contrast only 10 percent of children from unsafe, unstable homes in these neighborhoods avoid crime.
  • Criminals capable of sustaining marriage gradually move away from a life of crime after they get married.
  • The mother's strong affectionate attachment to her child is the child's best buffer against a life of crime.
  • The father's authority and involvement in raising his children are also a great buffer against a life of crime.

For example:

I am not worried with convincing you. I know I am right. Whether you want to understand the truth is not my problem.

Citing heritage foundation bullshit is simply not the way to go in this discussion.

I know I hate heritage!!! But what they are saying is true. And like I said, if you can't convince a very open minded and honest white liberal like me, no one is buying it bro. I know you don't care. That seems to be the black communities attitude. You don't care.

Bill Cosby wasn't 100% wrong either. Yes he's a pervert but that doesn't mean he's wrong about everything.

I love it how black people won't even entertain the thought of pulling up their pants, speaking english, stop having fatherless kids and start taking school more seriously.

We all know the poor people living in HUD homes in the hood who's kids are abused or neglected are the reason why their kids grow up to become criminals or under achievers.

IM2 will say the black community doesn't have a fatherlessness problem. In fact they are better fathers than our white fathers. Because there are more white kids living in single parent homes. Never mind there are 200 million whites in the country vs 37 million blacks. So I would hope there are more whites committing crimes when there are 5 times as many of us.

he latest Federal Bureau of Prisons statistics showed the white population was 58.7 percent in August, compared to the 37.8 percent of blacks being housed at federal institutions. At the state level, however, the department said that black male prisoners represent 38 percent of the population while whites males account for 35 percent and 21 percent are Hispanic males. Overall, blacks are 5.1 more times likely to be incarcerated than whites, and blacks represent more than half of the prison population in 11 states.

So is this true and proof we are racist or is it not true at all? Which argument?

I love it how black people won't even entertain the thought of pulling up their pants, speaking english, stop having fatherless kids and start taking school more seriously.

We all know the poor people living in HUD homes in the hood who's kids are abused or neglected are the reason why their kids grow up to become criminals or under achievers.

IM2 will say the black community doesn't have a fatherlessness problem. In fact they are better fathers than our white fathers. Because there are more white kids living in single parent homes. Never mind there are 200 million whites in the country vs 37 million blacks. So I would hope there are more whites committing crimes when there are 5 times as many of us.

he latest Federal Bureau of Prisons statistics showed the white population was 58.7 percent in August, compared to the 37.8 percent of blacks being housed at federal institutions. At the state level, however, the department said that black male prisoners represent 38 percent of the population while whites males account for 35 percent and 21 percent are Hispanic males. Overall, blacks are 5.1 more times likely to be incarcerated than whites, and blacks represent more than half of the prison population in 11 states.

So is this true and proof we are racist or is it not true at all? Which argument?

So is this true he asks.

The biggest crime in the U.S. criminal justice system is that it is a race-based institution where African-Americans are directly targeted and punished in a much more aggressive way than white people.

While African Americans comprise 13% of the US population and 14% of monthly drug users they are 37% of the people arrested for drug offenses - according to 2009 Congressional testimony by Marc Mauer of The Sentencing Project.

Two. The police stop blacks and Latinos at rates that are much higher than whites. In New York City, where people of color make up about half of the population, 80% of the NYPD stops were of blacks and Latinos. When whites were stopped, only 8% were frisked. When blacks and Latinos are stopped 85% were frisked according to information provided by the NYPD. The same is true most other places as well. In a California study, the ACLU found blacks are three times more likely to be stopped than whites.

Three. Since 1970, drug arrests have skyrocketed rising from 320,000 to close to 1.6 million according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics of the U.S. Department of Justice.

African Americans are arrested for drug offenses at rates 2 to 11 times higher than the rate for whites - according to a May 2009 report on disparity in drug arrests by Human Rights Watch.

Four. Once arrested, blacks are more likely to remain in prison awaiting trial than whites. For example, the New York state division of criminal justice did a 1995 review of disparities in processing felony arrests and found that in some parts of New York blacks are 33% more likely to be detained awaiting felony trials than whites facing felony trials.

Five. Once arrested, 80% of the people in the criminal justice system get a public defender for their lawyer. Race plays a big role here as well. Stop in any urban courtroom and look a the color of the people who are waiting for public defenders. Despite often heroic efforts by public defenders the system gives them much more work and much less money than the prosecution. The American Bar Association, not a radical bunch, reviewed the US public defender system in 2004 and concluded “All too often, defendants plead guilty, even if they are innocent, without really understanding their legal rights or what is occurring...The fundamental right to a lawyer that America assumes applies to everyone accused of criminal conduct effectively does not exist in practice for countless people across the US.”

Six. African Americans are frequently illegally excluded from criminal jury service according to a June 2010 study released by the Equal Justice Initiative. For example in Houston County, Alabama, 8 out of 10 African Americans qualified for jury service have been struck by prosecutors from serving on death penalty cases.

Seven. Trials are rare. Only 3 to 5 percent of criminal cases go to trial - the rest are plea bargained. Most African Americans defendants never get a trial. Most plea bargains consist of promise of a longer sentence if a person exercises their constitutional right to trial. As a result, people caught up in the system, as the American Bar Association points out, plead guilty even when innocent. Why? As one young man told me recently, “Who wouldn’t rather do three years for a crime they didn’t commit than risk twenty-five years for a crime they didn’t do?”

Eight. The U.S. Sentencing Commission reported in March 2010 that in the federal system black offenders receive sentences that are 10% longer than white offenders for the same crimes. Marc Mauer of the Sentencing Project reports African Americans are 21% more likely to receive mandatory minimum sentences than white defendants and 20% more like to be sentenced to prison than white drug defendants.

Nine. The longer the sentence, the more likely it is that non-white people will be the ones getting it. A July 2009 report by the Sentencing Project found that two-thirds of the people in the US with life sentences are non-white. In New York, it is 83%.

Ten. As a result, African Americans, who are 13% of the population and 14% of drug users, are not only 37% of the people arrested for drugs but 56% of the people in state prisons for drug offenses. Marc Mauer May 2009 Congressional Testimony for The Sentencing Project.

Eleven. The US Bureau of Justice Statistics concludes that the chance of a black male born in 2001 of going to jail is 32% or 1 in three. Latino males have a 17% chance and white males have a 6% chance. Thus black boys are five times and Latino boys nearly three times as likely as white boys to go to jail.

Twelve. So, while African American juvenile youth is but 16% of the population, they are 28% of juvenile arrests, 37% of the youth in juvenile jails and 58% of the youth sent to adult prisons. 2009 Criminal Justice Primer, The Sentencing Project.

Thirteen. Remember that the US leads the world in putting our own people into jail and prison. The New York Times reported in 2008 that the US has five percent of the world’s population but a quarter of the world’s prisoners, over 2.3 million people behind bars, dwarfing other nations. The US rate of incarceration is five to eight times higher than other highly developed countries and black males are the largest percentage of inmates according to ABC News.

Fourteen. Even when released from prison, race continues to dominate. A study by Professor Devah Pager of the University of Wisconsin found that 17% of white job applicants with criminal records received call backs from employers while only 5% of black job applicants with criminal records received call backs. Race is so prominent in that study that whites with criminal records actually received better treatment than blacks without criminal records!

So, what conclusions do these facts lead to? The criminal justice system, from start to finish, is seriously racist.

That is what the truth is son.

I am black. You are not. The fatherless problem in the US is no greater in the black community than in the white one.

Everything you say is wrong. Now you are not going to force me to agree with shit I know is wrong after living black so far for 56 years, working specifically in the black community for 32 of those years 40-60 hours per week, studying and researching issues that impact these communities for over 70,000 man hours while you have not lived one second black, nor have you worked in the black community and you definitely have not studied the issues

You see I have convinced city governments to make changes needed to help the black community. I am soon about to convince anther one to change their method of policing. Well actually, this time it's a county.

So stay unconvinced white boy. I don't give a damn.

Last edited:

• Over the past thirty years, the rise in violent crime parallels the rise in families abandoned by fathers.
  • High-crime neighborhoods are characterized by high concentrations of families abandoned by fathers.
  • State-by-state analysis by Heritage scholars indicates that a 10 percent increase in the percentage of children living in single-parent homes leads typically to a 17 percent increase in juvenile crime.
  • The rate of violent teenage crime corresponds with the number of families abandoned by fathers.
  • The type of aggression and hostility demonstrated by a future criminal often is foreshadowed in unusual aggressiveness as early as age five or six.
  • The future criminal tends to be an individual rejected by other children as early as the first grade who goes on to form his own group of friends, often the future delinquent gang.
On the other hand:

• Neighborhoods with a high degree of religious practice are not high-crime neighborhoods.
  • Even in high-crime inner-city neighborhoods, well over 90 percent of children from safe, stable homes do not become delinquents. By contrast only 10 percent of children from unsafe, unstable homes in these neighborhoods avoid crime.
  • Criminals capable of sustaining marriage gradually move away from a life of crime after they get married.
  • The mother's strong affectionate attachment to her child is the child's best buffer against a life of crime.
  • The father's authority and involvement in raising his children are also a great buffer against a life of crime.

Since the problem in the black community comes from lack of economic opportunity which was created by public policy, none of these things apply to us.

The problem here is that you want to make me agree with you. I'm not going to do that until you turn black, live for at least 56 years and do so in the black community working on issues black face.

You are wrong. Things are not as you say or think. Period.

So is this true he asks.

The biggest crime in the U.S. criminal justice system is that it is a race-based institution where African-Americans are directly targeted and punished in a much more aggressive way than white people.

While African Americans comprise 13% of the US population and 14% of monthly drug users they are 37% of the people arrested for drug offenses - according to 2009 Congressional testimony by Marc Mauer of The Sentencing Project.

Two. The police stop blacks and Latinos at rates that are much higher than whites. In New York City, where people of color make up about half of the population, 80% of the NYPD stops were of blacks and Latinos. When whites were stopped, only 8% were frisked. When blacks and Latinos are stopped 85% were frisked according to information provided by the NYPD. The same is true most other places as well. In a California study, the ACLU found blacks are three times more likely to be stopped than whites.

Three. Since 1970, drug arrests have skyrocketed rising from 320,000 to close to 1.6 million according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics of the U.S. Department of Justice.

African Americans are arrested for drug offenses at rates 2 to 11 times higher than the rate for whites - according to a May 2009 report on disparity in drug arrests by Human Rights Watch.

Four. Once arrested, blacks are more likely to remain in prison awaiting trial than whites. For example, the New York state division of criminal justice did a 1995 review of disparities in processing felony arrests and found that in some parts of New York blacks are 33% more likely to be detained awaiting felony trials than whites facing felony trials.

Five. Once arrested, 80% of the people in the criminal justice system get a public defender for their lawyer. Race plays a big role here as well. Stop in any urban courtroom and look a the color of the people who are waiting for public defenders. Despite often heroic efforts by public defenders the system gives them much more work and much less money than the prosecution. The American Bar Association, not a radical bunch, reviewed the US public defender system in 2004 and concluded “All too often, defendants plead guilty, even if they are innocent, without really understanding their legal rights or what is occurring...The fundamental right to a lawyer that America assumes applies to everyone accused of criminal conduct effectively does not exist in practice for countless people across the US.”

Six. African Americans are frequently illegally excluded from criminal jury service according to a June 2010 study released by the Equal Justice Initiative. For example in Houston County, Alabama, 8 out of 10 African Americans qualified for jury service have been struck by prosecutors from serving on death penalty cases.

Seven. Trials are rare. Only 3 to 5 percent of criminal cases go to trial - the rest are plea bargained. Most African Americans defendants never get a trial. Most plea bargains consist of promise of a longer sentence if a person exercises their constitutional right to trial. As a result, people caught up in the system, as the American Bar Association points out, plead guilty even when innocent. Why? As one young man told me recently, “Who wouldn’t rather do three years for a crime they didn’t commit than risk twenty-five years for a crime they didn’t do?”

Eight. The U.S. Sentencing Commission reported in March 2010 that in the federal system black offenders receive sentences that are 10% longer than white offenders for the same crimes. Marc Mauer of the Sentencing Project reports African Americans are 21% more likely to receive mandatory minimum sentences than white defendants and 20% more like to be sentenced to prison than white drug defendants.

Nine. The longer the sentence, the more likely it is that non-white people will be the ones getting it. A July 2009 report by the Sentencing Project found that two-thirds of the people in the US with life sentences are non-white. In New York, it is 83%.

Ten. As a result, African Americans, who are 13% of the population and 14% of drug users, are not only 37% of the people arrested for drugs but 56% of the people in state prisons for drug offenses. Marc Mauer May 2009 Congressional Testimony for The Sentencing Project.

Eleven. The US Bureau of Justice Statistics concludes that the chance of a black male born in 2001 of going to jail is 32% or 1 in three. Latino males have a 17% chance and white males have a 6% chance. Thus black boys are five times and Latino boys nearly three times as likely as white boys to go to jail.

Twelve. So, while African American juvenile youth is but 16% of the population, they are 28% of juvenile arrests, 37% of the youth in juvenile jails and 58% of the youth sent to adult prisons. 2009 Criminal Justice Primer, The Sentencing Project.

Thirteen. Remember that the US leads the world in putting our own people into jail and prison. The New York Times reported in 2008 that the US has five percent of the world’s population but a quarter of the world’s prisoners, over 2.3 million people behind bars, dwarfing other nations. The US rate of incarceration is five to eight times higher than other highly developed countries and black males are the largest percentage of inmates according to ABC News.

Fourteen. Even when released from prison, race continues to dominate. A study by Professor Devah Pager of the University of Wisconsin found that 17% of white job applicants with criminal records received call backs from employers while only 5% of black job applicants with criminal records received call backs. Race is so prominent in that study that whites with criminal records actually received better treatment than blacks without criminal records!

So, what conclusions do these facts lead to? The criminal justice system, from start to finish, is seriously racist.

That is what the truth is son.

I am black. You are not. The fatherless problem in the US is no greater in the black community than in the white one.

Everything you say is wrong. Now you are not going to force me to agree with shit I know is wrong after living black so far for 56 years, working specifically in the black community for 32 of those years 40-60 hours per week, studying and researching issues that impact these communities for over 70,000 man hours while you have not lived one second black, nor have you worked in the black community and you definitely have not studied the issues

You see I have convinced city governments to make changes needed to help the black community. I am soon about to convince anther one to change their method of policing. Well actually, this time it's a county.

So stay unconvinced white boy. I don't give a damn.
All the more reasons not to sell or use drugs. All reasons why black kids need fathers even more than white kids.

I'm not denying these facts. I'm saying what you need to do to avoid those pitfalls.

On the other hand:

Since the problem in the black community comes from lack of economic opportunity which was created by public policy, none of these things apply to us.

The problem here is that you want to make me agree with you. I'm not going to do that until you turn black, live for at least 56 years and do so in the black community working on issues black face.

You are wrong. Things are not as you say or think. Period.
If the black community took my advice you'd see real improvement. But since you refuse I guess the status quo is what you'll get

Forum List

Back